Random Image

My Girls..

Owner: Amy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of March 5

Started by JoanFL, March 05, 2017, 04:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Amy I am studding on you tube and web md. how to eat healthy. one tool to purchase is a juicer . the combination of fruits and veges is plentiful .
Some can be processed in a blinder pretty good but juicer is better.
beet root is healthy but will make you think you are bleeding internally but not so. I have got my blood sugar and blood perisher under control and got ride of some med's .they tell me if I loose weight I most likely get rid of the rest of the med's. wouldn't that be great. ( i am working on that) we are going to join a
class at VA tomorrow. the problem with me is I stay on sea food diet.
see food and eat it.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

phyllis  thanks neat. thanks for filling in for bis .I was glad to read her progress also. I still pray she  is getting back to normal soon. Have a great day.

Lloyd 

phyllis

Thank you, Lloyd.  But, I am not really "filling in" for Joan....don't think anyone could take her place.  I'm just carrying on with posting the weekly graphic as I have always done.  Glad you enjoyed it. 

From Joe's FB post it sounds as though Joan might be getting a little better.  I pray that she is.  Really miss her and hope she will be back soon.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  The sun is coming up on a clear day after an overcast day yesterday.  We will only get into the mid-60's today.  Pat had a rough night trying to find a comfortable way to sleep and has decided to not go to Sunday School and Church with me this morning.  After church I will stop at Walmart and pick up the grocery order that was suppose to be ready yesterday but wasn't when I got there at our assigned time.  My guess is that the employee responsible for getting the orders together probably had not shown up for work Friday night.  I will get something to bring home for our main meal.  I enjoyed the basketball games I watched in the afternoon and early evening and look forward to some more good games today. 

I read all the posting late last evening so will limit my comments today.

Hal, my wife has her humming bird feeder out for the season but no humming birds yet.  My birds are back on the front porch and have now put on a third story to their nest.  Each year they add on top of the previous years nest.  I saw a bird egg shell on the porch yesterday morning but it was gone by the time I got the mail yesterday afternoon.

Sandy, thanks for sharing the information on Joan.  I do hope she is making some progress. 

Shirley, I guess there are people who make their living by scamming other people.  I wonder how they can sleep at night.  Glad your son got you fixed up. 

Phyllis, beautiful graphic and nice poem. 

Lloyd, glad you are enjoying the juicing and it is helping reduce your medications. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, we had snow in the forecast for this morning but all I saw was a little dusting on the cars. Just heard the weather and the storm went out to sea. Nice. Cloudy day and windy again with enough dampness in the at to make it feel cold.

AMY  glad you enjoyed the JL card and those classifieds. You sure were a busy bee yesterday. Then you are always busy doing something. I do envy you hanging clothes on the line. I ca no longer do that and miss the fresh smell of them especially on a cold breezy day.

LARRY  one of my favorite local channels this past week hac the college playoffs on because there it s is a local team from URI in the playoffs. First time since 1989 they have been there in Sacramento. I love the Forest Service Comments. Those complaints seem to belong to city people who were never out hiking before in the wilderness. They should stay in the city parks. I copied them to share. Thank you.

GLORIA de  a good laugh is needed after watching most of the news, that can be depressing is we believe all they tell us.

MARY ANN  that is like some folks here who built where is floods with a little rain and it floods worse when there is a heavy rain. Now they want the government to buy them out.

HAL  I am hoping that before I get to the end of the posts I see something about Joan. I know we all miss her, especially those who have known her for 15 years or more. Nah cannot believe you would say anything really stupid.

AMY  yummy, strawberry pie. Seems like forever since I made one of those.

SHIRLEY  DO NOT CALL THAT NUMBER.  Do not do anything till your son  looks at the computer. Sure sounds like a scam. That is a scam that has attacked many companies, even hospitals. Been around for a year or more.

JUNE  the ones who are locking computers are looking for money. Pay what they want and you get your computer back.

SANDY  thank you for Joe's message about Joan.

SHIRLEY  glad your son fixed your PC.

LLOYD  remember we are retired and no need to get up early anymore. WOW 78° there? I would need my AC on with that temperature. Have a good day.

AMY  hope you can take it easy today for a change. Your link would not work for me.

PHYLLIS  great graphic and timely poem. I look out and see piles of snow, not springlike at all.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Jeanne Lee

Joan would never let it go for two weeks, so let's make a move today to A new week!

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Cloudy, as usual, morning.  But we will have sunshine later along with highs around 80. 

Hopefully Joanie is feeling better this morning.  I hope they can wean here from the ventilator soon.  Bless her heart I know she is so tired of all the machinery. 

Gloria, spring is really here for us.  Nearly all the trees are fully leafed out, well except, the Chinese Pistachio in the front yard and the Pecan tree next door.  Maybe they know something the others don't know.

Have been invited to a birthday party for one of the men in my group this afternoon, he is 85, his birthday is on the same day as my wife's.  It is at a local BBQ joint, buy your own, cake and entertainment furnished...LOL  Suppose to be a surprise, but don't know how that is going to work out.

Amy, nice to hear you got a day off and can loaf around with your sewing.  Bet you find something to get into through, knowing you.  Hope your hubby is improving, I know he is tired of his treatments (and all the junk that goes with them).  Hope you pup is doing well too. (also, whatever). LOL

All this talk of using good grammar has me spooked.

Has anyone heard from Jackie?  Hope she hasn't had a setback.

Lloyd, you need to get out there and start working on your garden and the weight will roll off.  I am surprised you put on any weight, having to work the cattle and other farm duties.

Larry, sorry to hear your wife is having a hard time of it.  I know how it is hunting for a comfortable spot, sometimes you just cant find it and of course at night your mind starts working overtime which just makes it worst.  She might want to try the Lidocane patches, I know they do stop most of the pain, but it can break through when you try to do to much.  You can only wear one 12 hours then leave them off for 12 hours.  But there seems to be some residual carry over when you have it off.

Got to finish up dressing for church.  Everyone have a great day.