Random Image

Pat and Squirrel

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 05:44:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Today at 17:21:56
JeanneP: I am trying to get into the Archives of the Recipes that where moved over from Senior net few years ago, Can't find them

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyne

Another clock change!   >:(    We just finished adjusting our clocks from the power outage last weekend, and now will go through it all again.  ::)  I don't know if I mentioned it last November, but here in California, we voted to have year around DST?  It passed overwhelmingly, but is doubtful that it will ever actually happen.  Reason being that it actually does take an Act of Congress, for any state to be on its own time zone, which CA would be, for four months of the year.  Arizona and Hawaii, are on year around Standard time, but the rest of the country is busy turning the clocks back and forth.  I wish we had voted for Standard Time, instead of DST, but people seem to love the long, hot endless days here in CA.   Well, enough of that - I know it's confusing, but there are lots of people complaining here this morning.

Joy

It has been a very lazy day and I am just getting around to here.

It has gotten so cold overnight. I have been trying to get warmed up all day.

Marilyne.  My friend wound up having to work yesterday, so they didn't come. However, my youngest son and I went out for supper.  Went to a favorite place of ours for sour beef and dumplings.  I used to make it myself, but what this place makes is as close to what mine was like that we have ever found.  So, it is a lot easier to just go there.  It is not hard to make, just time consuming.  I had enough left overs for 2 more meals. I did buy a couple extra dumplings. 

Mary Ann, sounds like your Thanksgiving will work out wherever you decide to go.  We usually go to my oldest son's.  He is a really good cook, but has a tendency to go overboard.  Way too much food,  But, he loves to cook and usually will have several different kinds of potatoes and lots of veggies.  He sometimes will fix a duck along with the turkey and all the trimmings.  Most of the ones who come will bring an appetizer or dessert.  I usually take the pies.  Not always homemade ones, tho.  I do try to make a chocolate cream pie that everybody likes, but I will buy the pumpkin pie or a pumpkin roll.  One good thing is that I do get lots of left overs to bring home.

The Ravens football game will be tonight and also a new Hallmark movie I want to see. So, I will be switching back and forth.  THe football game will go later than the movie, so at least I will get to see the end of it.

I hope everyone is having a pleasant evening.

Joy /color]
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Joy, you made lemonade out of a lemon - the fact your friend could not visit, but you and your son ate out anyway.  Is sour beef anything like sauerbraten? 

Annie is a new cook.  For years she wanted nothing to do with cooking but lately she has taken to it.  I know she will get a lot of help from her dad.  I will have to talk to her to tell her I will bring a couple of pumpkin pies.  Or other pies if she wishes.  Dot told me today that Norm thought my apple pies were the best and I know James likes them.  The trouble now is peeling and slicing.  I'm not up to it.  Pumpkin pie is easy what with a purchased crust and a can or two of pumpkin plus the spices.  It would be a family dinner with James, Alicia, the twins, Annie, Chris (SO), Tom and me. 

It's been a quiet day so far.  Tom went to Holland to see a friend and I've been doing various kinds of computing - solitaire, S&F, ships, genealogy.  I did get half a nap but the phone rang - robo call - and that was it for my nap.  While I was computing, I was watching golf and was glad to see Colin Montgomerie win, he's from Scotland.

I haven't eaten much since Dot and I had our usual Tuna Melt and Cream Pie (good but not coconut cream) so I'd better see what the kitchen has to offer.

We had something funny happen today and I'll have to go to the bank to see what was what.  Tom picked up the groceries today and the debit card was rejected.  It is my card and does not expire until sometime next year.  I also had enough money in the account to cover the amount of groceries.  I'm hoping it was only a glitch at the store.

Mary Ann

MarsGal

It is about 6:40AM DST here. The sun is rising, and it is 34pF.

I am absolutely determined to watch the Quebec Port live cam to see USS Indianapolis go by, which I guesstimate will be in another 30 minutes give or take at her present speed. Been parked on the cam for about a half an hour, watching the sun rise and a very few ships go by, but it looks like activity is picking up.

Mary Ann

MarsGal, I hope the USS Indy passed by while  you were waiting.  I moved the map around in hope of finding it, but no luck. 

It is 9:05 EST here and the sun is trying to shine.  Radar shows rain in the area.  I've been up an hour now and I'm not ready for anything!

I'll be back later when I'm more awake!

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Mary Ann, yes I did. In fact, you can see her too. She is docked at Quebec Port. I watched as two tugs went out to meet her and bring her in. This was only about half an hour or 45 minutes ago, so she will be there awhile. It is 9:19AM DST now.I didn't quite trust the map, so I parked on the cam site for about an hour before I saw her come round the bend.

I am playing hooky from feeding George's cats today because I want/need to get to the grocery store and I haven't had my shower yet. If they aren't real busy, I will stop and get my hair cut too.

Mary Ann

MarsGal, I think I saw it.  I went to Rewind about an hour ahead of where I was and saw this ship come into the harbor.  It seemed so small compared to the freighters but I know it was smaller than most ships when it went through Marine City.  And the angle of the port entry is different too.  I have now saved the Quebec port.

Mary Ann

MarsGal

It is a nice webcam, especially at night when everything is lit up. Nice shot of the little harbor with all the tugs. So far, most of the ships I've seen are new to me.

My hair is almost dry so I'd better get organized for my trip to the grocery store.

FlaJean

Sun is shining and the high today is supposed to be 70F.

I went to the Sou web night before last and saw part of a big ship.  As I was looking it started backing up and it was soon Out of view.  Of all the times I've been to that site, that is the first time I have seen a ship there.

Our state also decided to have year round daylight savings time but we also have to wait for Congress to approve it. We have too many clocks.  We got a new one for the bedroom and I thought it was supposed to automatically change but it didn't.  We have six (including microwave and range) to change.  Good thing that Larry helps because a couple of them are hard to put back after taking them down from their hanging clips.

We saw more birds this morning.  We have so many more birds during the winter months.  We always have cardinals and bluebirds and a few warblers, but in the colder weather we see a lot different birds that leave as soon as warm weather comes.

Must run to the grocery store before the day is gone as Larry is about out of milk.  He always has a bowl of cereal at bedtime.  I use Lactaid.  Cooked a ham yesterday so we will having leftovers today which makes me happy.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Mary Ann

Jean, it baffles me that with all of the ships that go up or down the St Clair River, I rarely see one at the Soo.  And most of those going north in the river are headed for either Duluth or Superior, or even the Soo. 

I wonder if the ship you saw backing up was headed in that direction.  Ships going in either direction have to go through the locks.

We've had a decent day and we're 48 degrees now.  Tom has been teaching today and just got home.  It was a class that needs little supervision because they work from their computers.  But Tom enjoys it anyway.

We have so few birds and we're discouraged from feeding the birds because the seeds they drop on the ground encourage mice and other unwanted animals.  It was fun when we would feed the ducks but then the Canada geese came, so I stopped feeding the ducks.  Now we have hardly any ducks and none of the families. 

I had a nice visit from Tom's former wife and her mother.  Her mother, Carol, is legally blind from wet MacD and is thinking of going to Assisted Living quarters.  She lives in Sheridan but would like to be in Greenville where Sue's brother lives.  However, they were looking at a place near here which would not work for family at all.  Sue lives north of Traverse City, way up north!  Carol's friends are in the Sheridan/Greenville area or I'd suggest she move near Sue.  All of us love the north of the state, but if you're blind and your friends are all 200 miles south, that wouldn't work.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Good morning from the Interior, where we're also having a sunny clear day. However, while the small bits of snow has partially melted, our high today is to be only plus fifteen, and we're now at just plus one. None of the local rivers have any ice, and there is a new report out that the Arctic sea ice is not only the lowest in recorded history, but it's also decreasing rapidly.

The real issue to me personally is that no extreme cold weather means no pests killed and the more probability of Southern pests moving here such as snakes, insects, and pests such as fleas. Even the low amount of rabies could change with warmer weather from almost unheard of to perhaps common. Or poison ivy and poison oak moving North.

On the brighter side, Farrah is continuing to demand attention and playtime verbally. She also will come behind me on the couch and groom my hair. If I move away, Farrah growls and swats. Imagine what she would have been without the earlier abuse.

I received a management notice that is strange but par for the course now that we're no longer under private ownership. Many folks receiving food boxes from various entities will put what they don't want on the downstairs donation table.

Now we're told we're not allowed to collect these. They're to be tossed.  Many low incomes, bedridden or some of the mentally challenged from the first floor's seven allocated apartments depend on these giveaways. Last summer I was taking some when I still had three bedridden guys I was picking up Federal commodities for. Then I was told I couldn't do that for them. The gossip is that any donations are next to be banned.

Amy

Patricia ,that is a waste...why is it that it all has to be tossed when others can use it. I think I would be helping others and be darned what is said. How are they going to get anything  if they are bedridden....that is just not right or fair either..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

If you want anything done wrong, get the government involved.

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Got my grocery shopping done, but did not come home with everything I was looking for. Tomorrow I will stop in and vote before going over to get what-for from his cats for neglecting them today. Wednesday is the Welsh Society meeting, on the 15th Sue and I are going to eat at Perkins before going to a local production of Oliver. And, of course, there is the Thanksgiving buffet. I wonder how much weight I will gain if I am not careful this holiday season. Usually I do fairly well, but the last two weeks I went over my calorie budget by 1,000 cal. each week. I decided not to weigh myself.

Patricia, I forget, who owns the property now? Are they afraid of liability?

angelface555

The seven buildings in town, owned by a private company, were for seniors, disabled seniors, and one each for either emotionally challenged boys or girls. Then they had issues with the current political administration, and the seven buildings were put up for sale and purchased by the state.

The lunch program, open first-floor kitchen, 24/7 coffee and donuts, disappeared reasonably quickly as did the five computers with internet access in each floor's common rooms. The access individual, a paid position to help tenants with paperwork, taxes, or other issues, became a volunteer position with few takers.

Since this is an independent disabled seniors building, many food boxes from various agencies are brought here twice monthly by the Salvation Army. I am one of several volunteers who collect the boxes for multiple tenants who are unable themselves to pick up. There are perhaps seven to nine items per box twice monthly.

I used to collect items from the donations table to include in my deliveries before I was told to stop as folks thought I was collecting for me. Now it looks like there won't be any donations. I hope the donations go private, but I doubt it.

MarsGal

I came to the conclusion, years ago, that almost anything that is run by the government goes down hill fast. I take a cynical view of government bureaucracy and their ability to line pockets and waste money. This is a generic, ubiquitous, and not any particular party thing.

The local news this morning says there is a state constitutional thing to vote on today called Marcie's law. There is a last minute injunction against it, so votes will be counted but not acted on unless the state Supreme Court give the go ahead. I wasn't aware of this law, so have to do some homework before leaving the house this morning. All I know right now is that it has something to do with children/juveniles. At issue, apparently, is that the law covers several aspects that should be voted on separately, and not lumped altogether. Now I wonder, what in the Commonwealth's constitution needs changed to add another law for child welfare, unless it has to do with the justice system itself. I am off to find out.

AHA! Found it already.  https://www.palwv.org/marsys-law   

Amy

Patricia, there is always a way to get around this. Talk to others get their opinions and see  what can be done to help those that can't help themselves.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Marilyne

The weather is gorgeous to behold . . . sunny, blue sky days in the mid 70's, with nights only dropping into the low 50's.  It sounds pleasant, and it is, but we have not had measurable rain since early May, which is a full six months!  Rain WAS predicted for the 15th of this month, but has now been moved to the 21st.  The humidity is extremely low . . . in the 20's here, but way down in single digits in the North Bay Area. 

MarsGal - I agree with you 100%, as to your cynical view of government bureaucracy.  As you said, both parties are equally guilty.  California is the "Poster Child" for government overreach, major disasters not being addressed, polluted overcrowded cities, homeless encampments on city sidewalks, and public schools rated lowest of the 50 states.  (Just to name a few!)

Yet today, the feature article on the front page of the San Jose newspaper, is headlined - "The 10 most valuable houses in Silicon Valley (sort of)".  I haven't read the story yet, so I don't know what "sort of" refers to?  I do see that one of the ten homes is owned by Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook.  A couple of the others were purchased for as much as $100 million.  :yikes:

It's already past 9:00 o'clock here, and I'm still in nightgown and robe, so time to get off the computer and start the day.

Mary Ann

Marilyn, Michigan must be in the middle because I don't see articles saying we are the worst or best in anything.  I will say Betsy De Vos, Education Secretary, is from Grand Rapids and test scores in the USA have gone down under her plan.  The De Voses have done a lot for our area, but I do not like her!

I've been busy doing nothing this morning.  Jan called earlier that she had a child's cabinet to bring here and it will go to Tom's girls for Christmas.  It is a dish cupboard that my dad made for me, so it is about 90+ years old.  Norm had it after I was finished with it and he pasted pictures of planes on it.  Jan offered to have it repainted by a neighbor.  It is a brighter blue than I expected, but it looks very nice.  I know the girls have things they can put in it and I hope it impresses their parents that the cabinet was made by their 2nd great-grandfather.  I'm glad I held on to it.

Jan and her mother came to bring the cabinet and they bought me some soup from Tim Horton for lunch, then they stayed about 20 minutes before they had to leave.  We had a nice visit.  Jan had not seen pictures of the new baby so I sent her ones that Tom had sent to me. 

At 2 pm, I think I'm ready for a nap!

I meant to tell this on Kendrick - I got up in the middle of the night recently and he got into the bathroom before I did so I let him stay there.  He kept looking at the tub and finally jumped in.  Then he started washing himself as cats do.  How appropriate!

Mary Ann

Amy

Mary Ann, I had to chuckle at Kendrick in the tub. I just got off the phone from making an appointment for a bath for Babe. I don't mind bathing her in the warmer weather but now tis rather cool and I don't have the dryer that they  do at the store.
Jimmy Dean

Denver

A good Tuesday HELLO to ALL.

Not much going on in our world OTHER THAN non stop thinking and talking about our future plans for the new condo.  We have to have our money in place soon, so we must make sure we know what we are going to do regarding picking our appliances and flooring.  UGH😩🤪

We are enjoying warmer temperatures right now and that sure makes me happy....sunshine makes my day perfect for me😘

Yesterday we managed to get our voting ballots turned in, I got my handicap parking sticker renewed and we both got our new driver's license renewed!  Every bit of it went quite smoothly and the people we had to deal with at all location were very pleasant and over all it was a nice experience.

MARILYNE, that is just not right that you had to do clock change duty TWICE🥰  I am holding good thoughts that you left coasters will get some precipitation sooner than later!

MARY ANN, I have enjoyed reading about the ongoing Thanksgiving plans for your family.  It is nice that Annie is taking more interest in cooking.  I liked reading about the cabinet that your dad made for you will be given to the little girls.  How sweet!  Not much is passed down these days like this🥰. One thing that I am stressing the most about regarding our possible move is what I am going to do with the items that have been passed down to me that I will not be able to take to the new place.  This includes cedar chests, mine and my moms, a rocking chair that currently is on a open shelf in the master bedroom, etc.  IF ONLY I had a daughter that I could pawn these off on as well as a lot of picture albums and family paperwork.  My youngest son has committed to taking my China. I did chuckle at Kendrick jumping in the tub and then grooming himself🤣🤣 Cute! 

PATRICIA, it makes me happy to read what you tell us about Farrah and how much more social she has become.  You have done a very good job of making her move in this direction.  She is such a pretty cat! It is very sad that they are stoping the ability of saving food items to be shared with those in need.....seems they always have to ruin a good thing and it makes no sense!  I am sorry to read this. 

Have a good rest of your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Marilyne

Mary Ann - I also had to laugh at the thought of Kendrick jumping into the bathtub and giving himself a bath! ;D  We get such a kick out of our pets, and the cute things they do to amuse us.  Very nice that the cabinet that belonged to you, and then Norm, will continue on and be used by Eleanor and Johanna.

Jenny - I hope that two of your dil's will be happy to inherit those cedar chests!  I have had a time, trying to talk my two daughters and one son, into taking any of my treasures.  I think both of my daughters would be interested, if they lived in houses and had some room, but both of them live in small apartments, and don't have room for anything.  My dil Jackie, is going to inherit my china, which belonged to my mother before me. It's actually dinnerware of an old popular pattern, and turns out that dil's grandmother had the same pattern, so that makes Jackie, doubly interested! When I was in the antique business, my specialty was American dinnerware, china and glassware, from the 1930's, through the 70's.  I'm embarrassed to say how many sets or partial sets I still have,  along with lots of other treasures, that I would love to give to anyone who is truly interested.  Now-a-days young families want everything NEW, so hard to give things away.     

Mary Ann

My dad was a woodshop teacher in West Virginia before we came to Grand Rapids where he was a printing press teacher.  While in WVa he made a blanket chest and gateleg table.  Tom is going to inherit my condo so those things will remain in the condo.  I have stressed that I want those two items to stay in the family.  I also have a chest that was made by either my Grandfather Christian Tock or his FIL Christian Lydolf.  I have said that I want that to stay in the family.  I have my folks' china along with mine (and if we were going to have T-Day dinner here, I would use them).  I realize that I won't be here to oversee what goes where.  Jan has asked for one piece of furniture and that is earmarked for her.  I have individual dishes that belonged to my great-grandparents and while I hope someone wants them, someone interested in antiques might like them.  It's the pieces made by Dad that I want kept in the family.  Heck, I have my folks' goblets and sherbets - who uses them now?  I have some knickknacks that were "family" and some Hummel things.  I guess I'd like them to be with someone who would appreciate them.  One thing I have is a Hummel salt and pepper set.  And I have Mary and Joseph, also a Hummel set.  I will say that most of what I have are things I've bought because I liked them.  They're not junk, but they're not long-time family, either.  I wonder what I would have done if I had gone into a retirement home.  So far, I've been lucky that it hasn't been necessary.  Jenny, you have my sympathy regarding the choices you're going to have to make.

Now, I think I'll shut up until the next time.

Mary Ann 

Beverly

I've been keeping up with all of you but haven't posted for more than a week. I wrote a long message last Saturday morning but not sure if anyone saw it, as there were no comments. I was so glad to see S&F back the other day. It's been awhile since we lost it like that.

I don't mind changing the clocks but my body isn't happy!  :)  I'm still trying to adjust to the time change. I dislike having it get dark so early. I know there are people who go out for early morning walks and love it, but I'm still sleeping then. 

Patricia - I'm feeling sorry for all the tenants in your building. I hope things change. It's a pity they don't let you and others help the more disadvantaged ones.

Mary Ann - Lucky little girls to be inheriting the cabinet your Dad made! Most little ones  like bright colors. I haven't made apple pies in years because it's too difficult to peel them. I was never good at making pie crusts so I love the ready-made ones.

Jenny - Think of this as an adventure! The last time we moved, I said "Never again". I counted up the houses we'd lived in since we were married and there were 15! Twice we moved long distances, once to Oklahoma and the last one to Florida. I was standing in line at a store down here when I heard a woman say "There are two kinds of people in Florida, Snowbirds and Frogs. The Snowbirds fly in and out but Frogs are here till we croak." I decided to be a Frog!  ::)

Mary Ann

Beverly, Saturday was Nov 2 and I went back to that date and saw nothing from you.  There were a lot of posts that day but none from Beverly. 

I find it is better when I'm wide awake in the middle of the night to get up and come in here, so this morning I got up about 4:30.  I will go back to bed shortly.  I'm not awake enough to post, anyway.

Mary Ann

Beverly

Good morning Mary Ann. I should have said the Saturday before that. I posted on a Saturday morning but the date showing on my post is Oct. 25th, Friday. ??? As I've said before, the time on my messages is so confusing. My last message was written last night but it says 3:43 a.m. today! That will be the day!  :D An early riser I'm not! Hope you were able to get some more sleep.

Kind of a dreary day so far. I'm hoping the sun will show up later

Mary Ann

Beverly, I found the message - five pages back.  I don't know why I didn't respond, but sometimes there are so many messages afterward that I forget to go back far enough.  I'm sorry I didn't reply to that post.  Your post that said 3:43 said 10:43 on my computer.  I haven't figured out the time yet since the change.  It's always been an hour off, an hour earlier, which would have put it in CDT.  I'll have to pay attention to what it says when I sign off here.  I don't care about the minutes, but I'd like to know what time zone I'm in.  It's funny to me but so many ads are aimed at me as if I lived in Indiana.  I can't think of a thing where I have reference to Indiana.  I do e-mail IN often enough because I have relatives there, but that is all.  I went to look up a branch of a store recently and the closest one shown was in Yorkville IN, which I think is near Indps.  Never heard of it!  Next closest was a slew of them around Chicago.  No way am I going shopping in Chicago.

It's just after 11 am and I'm not dressed yet.  A benefit of being retired and since I don't drive now, who cares!

The time showed 11:05 which was correct.   

Mary Ann

angelface555

Good morning from a cloudy but cool Interior! I should say warmer as earlier we were plus 15 to plus 17, and today we're all up in the twenties at plus 27.  :)

There's nothing to do about the food situation, as management is worried about expired or bad food left for donations. There is a wide range of food brought in from Meals on Wheels, to food baskets to Federal commodities, to various church offerings.

The ones I volunteer for are Federal commodities. However, we do have a couple of hoarders, and there are always the ones watching and gossiping about who got more "than their share."
It's one of the reasons I don't hang out in the common rooms and also why many of the various committees can't keep members. You have folks who still work and or volunteer and many who have a life. Then there are those who hang out in those rooms all day. Or outside in the smoking areas all day, gossiping.

It's still a nice building with many nice people, and I'm grateful for the amenities offered, but there is that core group who mind everyone's business.

MaryAnn, I usually hang out all day in loungers or sweats if I've nothing planned. One of the benefits of not having to get up each morning and fight the buses and work! My friends have returned home from Anchorage with lots of shopping and tales to tell so I'm going to dinner tonight all ears.

Mary Ann

I haven't looked out the window since early morning when I saw it was snowing a misty snow.  We may have snow on the ground, or we may not.  I want to put the covers on the deck furniture today if I can when Robin comes.  There are "lobster clips" on each piece, which can be wound around a leg of the furniture on each side and that will allow the cover to stay on all winter.  Last year, Tom attached the wrong side and the cover got loose, but did not blow off the piece.  It just blew in the air!  The loose cushions are in the storage room already, but the seat cushions are not. 

It is 33 degrees here now.  Yesterday Tom and I went out to eat at Cheers, which is about two miles from here.  It takes Tom's car that long to warm up and I wore my fall coat.  I may have to break out my winter down jacket by Sunday.  That doesn't bother me but on the 17th, we are going to Portland MI to meet with Paula and her family to meet the new baby and I'd like there to be no snow.  Portland is a good half-way point for all of us. 

Patricia, I can see management's concern about spoiled food, but if people hang on to it after it's delivered, it will be just as spoiled.  But it would not be their responsibility then.  It's a lose/lose situation.  I am sure if I lived in a place like yours, I would stay in my room most of the time.

Kendrick was in the bathroom about 3 am, sound asleep.  He woke up when I took a picture and I'll send it to someone to publish.  I also will measure the area where he was so I can tell how long he is; I say between three and four feet from paws to end of tail.  He is a BIG boy!

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Mary Ann, I also woke up way too early this morning!  Wide awake at 5:30, and tried to get back to sleep, but couldn't, so I finally got up at 6:00, and stayed up.  I know my body will be on DST for a while yet, but I will eventually adjust to our four short months of Standard time.  Then it's back once again to DST. Seems so silly, when you stop and think about it.  Interesting that you get ads aimed at you from other states.  I was in Chicago only once, and was just overwhelmed by the size and layout of the city.  As we were driving with the heavy traffic  on Lakeshore Drive, I spotted a huge FAO Schwartz, toy store, (which I think no longer exists?), and we went in and bought presents for our grandchildren, to take back home with us.  That was the extend of my Chicago shopping.

Beverly, I didn't see your message on that Saturday either. The same thing often happens to me too.  I spend lots of time writing a message, and then it just slips through the cracks, unnoticed, and nobody ever responds.  :'(  I know I do the same thing to other posters, without meaning to.  It seems to happen when we get a sudden influx of five or six messages at once.  I want to say again how much I liked the picture of your great-grandson that you posted in the photo section last night! it inspired me to take a look at my Ancestry tree, and try to count the redheads, as well as the Wesley's.

Patricia, I sometimes don't respond to your messages, but I do read every one, and always enjoy reading your links.  Your post this morning, was interesting, in that it gave me a  perspective on what it is like for you, living in your community.  I have a visual picture in my mind, but probably I'm way off.  Also, last night I saw your recent picture of Farrah, that you posted in the photo folder.  She is looking healthy, beautiful and happy!

MARY ANN - I see you posted while I was writing my too long message.  I'll get back later today!