Random Image

Mansk Flag

Owner: RAMMEL
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:56:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

Good Morning from the Interior where we're at plus 8 with a high of plus 20. Accuweather has us at minus 16 where the weather underground has us at plus 16, right now. I don't know who to believe but, from the bacony, it's not very cold, and skies are cloudy looking like snow.

I just looked at the weather advisory and we're to have our first cold weather coming out of Canada. Perhaps it's part of the arctic blast thats been in the news lately. I think I've mentioned that our warm weather is usually from Siberia? I know Marilyne has said that they get their cold weather from Southeast Alaska and the gulf. That area is 400-500 miles from us, we're close to the Canadian border and the lefthand center of the state.

"..Snowy and Windy later this week...

A combination of weather systems will bring the potential for
heavy snowfall and strong winds to the Central and Eastern
Interior Tuesday night through Friday.

Cold air will push southwest into the Interior Wednesday with
temperatures falling to the single digits or colder over much of
the area. As the cold air settles in, a moisture laden weather
front associated with the remnants of Tropical Storm Halong will
swing northwest into the Interior. The combination of these events
will bring strong gusty northeast winds of 10 to 20 mph gusting
to 35 mph to many areas. Winds on the Summits may be even stronger
at times. This will also produce snowfall across the area with 2
to 8 inches of snow possible. Currently the heaviest snowfall is
expected in the Eastern Alaska Range east of the Richardson
Highways, and in the Fortymile Country south of Eagle. The
combination of wind and cold will produce wind chill to around 30
below as well.

Travel may be impacted as blowing snow develops reducing"
visibility.

angelface555

Just for a reminder, as a service to those who may have reading issues, please enlarge your posts. You can do that before writing your post by going to the third block on top and the second blue A. Upon clicking on that A, you will see a dropdown of numbers. I use the number 4 size. Then just post your message between the two  [ ]. Thanks. 

Mary Ann

Patricia, it's interesting how the weather patterns are different for various areas of the county.  Our cold weather does come from the north.  Other weather comes from the southwest and west.  Occasionally, we will get something from the east, but that is not normal.  Since our sliders are on the north side of the building, we do notice the cold.  I am in a room on the south side so I don't notice the cold as much, but Tom has his work setup in the family room close to the slider and the lower level is cooler anyway.  He has a portable heater that helps.

Thanks for the request for bold print.  I have requested it before.  A deceased member thought it was too much work.

Mary Ann

Denver

Good Tuesday to ALL.

I must be getting ready to head out the door, but wanted to just come in and say HELLO.

We are going to a gathering of the new home owners of the condo that we are thinking about buying.  I hope to pick their
brains a bit about a couple of concerns that I have.

MARY ANN, yesterday was hair cut day for us.....and we, too, went out to breakfast afterwards. 

BEVERLY, happy to read that Donna has finished her chemo.  My thoughts and prayers continue for you all and I hope she gets a good report back after the scan.  Michele is half way through her radiation treatments and they have been so much easier on her than the chemo was. 

I have to get a move on.  Have a great day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

FlaJean

We are cold!  Went to the grocery store and I thought the cold wind would blow me away.  Our high will be 48 today.  Mary Ann, that probably doesn't sound cold to you.

Beverly, I notice the temps in Ocala where we used to live and it is 78 today.  So I'm guessing you are having a pleasant day temperature wise.  I'm glad you are feeling better.

I noticed on the news last night that there were scores of people waiting overnight hoping to get into the DACA (dreamers) Supreme Court hearing today.

I bought some deli ham at the store so ham sandwiches is what we will be having today.  Don't feel much like cooking today.

Have a good day everyone.

angelface555

I saw this and laughed! I had to post it here as the article says it's the turducken of pies!  ;D

https://www.chowhound.com/food-news/190950/piecaken-is-the-turducken-of-desserts/

CallieOK

Patricia,    :roflBig:
I don't dare show this to my family or they'll want me to bring it to Thanksgiving dinner!!!!!

Mary Ann

It certainly looked interesting and I liked everything they put into the concoctions, but I think a bit too rich for me. 

I'll send the video to Dot to see what she thinks.  Her family will be with in-laws of her daughter and these people used to oversee kitchen activities at our main hotel in town. 

Mary Ann

Marilyne

PATRICIA - Shame on you, for posting that link to the Pie/Cake!!  :knuppel2:  Ha ha!  It surely does look delicious though . . . and very festive too!

JEAN - Our temps are usually about the same, but you're much colder today than we are.  It's now 76 degrees here, and expected to reach 78.  Same yesterday and the day before.  Very comfortable, but worrisome, because we still haven't had a drop of rain, and now we're almost half way through November.  Six months now, without anything.

JENNY - Looks like you're getting serious about moving.  If you decide not to move there, maybe you can find something else that would be ideal?  We are still stuck here in our ramshackle house, where we have lived for 48 years. Dealing with lots of stairs and too many rooms, is hard at our age!    Glad to hear that Michele is feeling better with the radiation treatments.  Much easier than the chemo, but she will be exhausted when she's finally finished.

BEVERLY - good to hear that Donna, has reached the end of her radiation treatments. How sweet and thoughtful of your granddaughter, to present her Mom, with gifts and balloons!  I'm also hopeful that Donna's PETscan will be all clear!

MARY ANN - I see you got your haircut out of the way this morning.  That's always a reminder to me, that I need to make an appointment in the next couple of days.  I think we're on the same schedule?  I looked at Grand Haven last night, and it sure did look cold and snowy . . . won't be long before those waves are frozen again. Looks like your Winter has already arrived, so good that Robin and Tom, will be taking care of the outdoor cushions and furniture.

Mary Ann

Marilyn, I'd like your temps here today.  The highest I saw on my thermometer was 23 degrees and it reads 20 degrees now.  We will go down to the mid-teens tonight, then start to go up the rest of the week, getting to 40 degrees Sunday (HEAT WAVE).  Sunday is the day we are to have lunch with Paula (great-niece).

Robin is here now and she and Tom are discussing something.  They haven't started on the deck furniture but I can't help.  It probably would not hurt if they were covered by snow as is but I think the covers do offer some protection.

While hunting for a certain jacket (did not find it), I saw a lot of clothes in a drawer and decided to give some to Robin for her thrift shop.  The problem is that most are shorts, but people going to Florida might shop for shorts in a thrift shop in November.  I do not remember giving away the jacket I'm looking for so I'll keep looking.

Grand Haven not only has whitecaps but the catwalk lights are on.

Mary Ann 

Beverly

Good intentions have a way of not happening! (I was going to take notes!) Today was not a good day for me but I did post over in Photos.

Jean - I didn't realize you were so cold up there last night. We had a beautiful day so I opened everything up to take advantage of the nice breezes and warmth. Our high temp was 80. The forecast for tonight is in the 40s. I think today was our last warm day for awhile.

Mary Ann - I need to clean out my closet and dresser drawers but haven't worked up the ambition. My closet is full but I only wear a fraction of what's there. I have (lightweight) cold weather sweaters in the dresser but some of those could go....I've lost track of the name of a man who collects clothing and household supplies for the "Forest People". The Ocala National Forest is home to the homeless, indigent and drug users, etc. There are many families who live there. They live in tents, small trailers, shacks and the outdoors. They must have electricity because he also collects refrigerators, etc. It's not considered safe to wander around there alone but there's a church who takes donations and distributes them.

Some of my best memories of Senior Net are the larger organized Bashes. I met so many wonderful people from all over the U.S. and overseas. The first one was near Dallas, Texas. There was one in Phoenix, AZ that I didn't make. Then, Atlanta, GA,  (where I met Larry Hanna), Williamsport, PA, and one of the best, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We took a tour to Banff and Lake Louise. So beautiful! I missed the one in Montreal, Canada. There were also many small get-togethers I attended. The ones from overseas were Mary de Boer, (New Zealand), Junee (Australia), Margret Walbach (South Africa), two sisters from Scotland, Jinty and ? (some of the names have escaped me).  Then, of course, there was Pat Scott, Ruth Levia, Jeannine Levia and Eloise from Canada. Mary de Boer and I had been cyber friends for a long time so it was wonderful to meet in person.

Sandy - I didn't make it to your gathering (I think Dean Wheet and Agnes were there. Two more people we lost touch with.). You and I met for lunch at DeMillo's Restaurant in Portland. At the time my daughter was living in Brunswick.

Enough of my reminiscing for now!

Mary Ann

Here it is 11:20 am and Beverly is the last one who posted at 10 pm last night.  It is cold here - 20 degrees and was 17 degrees when I got up about 8:45 am.  I've watched a couple of ships go by and I'll bet they're cold too.  I have a nice down (I think) coat with a hood to keep me warm.  Of course, all I have to do is walk from the house to the car and Tom will let me off in front of the building when we go to the doctor this pm.

I have to laugh at the cat.  He sleeps all over!  He was on my bed around 3 am and left.  Shortly after that I got up to go to the bathroom and he was sleeping in there.  I got up again about 4 am and came in here and he was in his bed.  Later this morning, he was in/on his scratch pad lounge and if I can't find him, he's downstairs. 

Beverly, I have too many clothes too and should get rid of some of my tops.  In going through things in the drawers, I saw slacks I did not know I had (shame!) so I'll try them on and see if I want to keep them.  It's bad that I haven't worn them but they are not shortened yet and I don't know if Dot wants to tackle that or not.  I don't sew.  What I gave Robin yesterday were mostly shorts that I had forgotten about and I find I have three or four favorites for summer.

I think it is time to get dressed now.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Good morning from the Interior, where we've had none of the snow or hurricane gusts of wind the weather advisory promised us. However, now they've just made it for some time today. I know I won't be going anywhere but hopefully to classes next Monday.

Farrah is so bored with no birds in her window on the world! There have been lots of ravens and one Great Northern owl out there but she takes a long nap in the late afternoon so, she has missed them.

She would like me to get down on the floor for stomach scratches and back rubs, but that is hard for me to do, both getting up and getting down. She also likes me to play with straws, and that would also work better higher or up to say on a couch

Other than that, it's 8:01 AM and I'm up..

Sandy

Good Afternoon.... it is cold
and blustery here on the rocky coast of Maine..

Yesterday I had my cataract removed,  and all went
well.    I had a conversation with the Dr all the
way through the procedure. No  pain involved and the
procedure kinda reminded me of what being operated on
by someone from out of space...  Bright white lights and movement with in those lights.   Didn't take long and I managed to get a good nights sleep and went back this morning for followup.   My long distance vision is now 25/20 and doesn't require glasses.  I will need a little help with over the counter glasses for reading and computer work.    very little, but some. 

Getting used to a new way of seeing will take me a while to be comfortable with it.  I was lucky,  with no
problems to speak of.     Phew.  I am sure glad that is over with... Right now I just feel like staying home
and doing nothing...mental fatigue,  I guess. 

I am lucky,  all is well.
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

MarsGal

Something to raise eyebrows about: https://www.space.com/mars-oxygen-mystery-curiosity-rover.html?utm_source=notification

I don't notice it so much with the other two, but Lucy definitely has a route all worked out over the day for her napping pleasure. On occasion she changes it up a little or if one of the other cats has taken her future spot.

It is a really chilly day today, but happily, the sun is shining. Right now at almost a quarter to 1pm, it is only 34. I didn't check what it was when I got up. I don't have anything specific on the agenda today except to get my grocery list started.

Marilyne

Sandy - good to see that your cataract surgery is over and done with, and was successful!  :thumbup:  Once you start getting outside again, you'll be surprised how bright the colors are, and how clearly you can see, as compared to before!  I also remember talking to the doctor, during the surgery, and that he was very reassuring.  Especially remember the bright white light.  Keep us posted on how you're feeling?  Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Patricia - do all birds in AK, fly south for the Winter, or hibernate somewhere. (I think owls find a sheltered place, but not sure?)

Mary Ann - It's still pleasant weather here, but much cooler this morning. My outside temp gauge says 6 0 degrees right now at almost 10:00 AM, but will probably climb to about 70 later today.  Last night the TV weatherman, said there is a possibility of light rain this coming weekend, but will probably stay North of the Bay Area.  That means we won't get any!

AJ is at the dentist right now, because a crown came loose and actually fell out yesterday on the kitchen table!  It's a front tooth, or he might have accidentally swallowed it.  I don't know if he'll have to have a new one made, or if they will just use the old?  Seems like there is always something unexpected happening, in the way of medical or dental work.  (for both of us).  That's the price we pay for living to an old age I guess? 

angelface555

MarsGal, that is interesting about the oxygen and methane molecules on Mars. We know so little, and the money is spent more on armaments and greed than for knowledge! Farrah prefers on my table where I set up my desktop computer. Or on top of a bureau in my bedroom. Sometimes she will sleep on the other end of the couch if I'm on it. However, her principal place is on top of the bedroom bureau, which is about four to five feet.

Sandy, I'm so glad you can see everything better! I have a small cataract, but the doctors say its not a present worry. I know both my parents had them removed.

Marilyne, in the old days, we had birds that would come here from all over the world in the summer to breed and raise their young, perhaps as high as 80%. For example, most of the Australian smaller birds breed in the Arctic.  Then they would return in the Fall, (Or in the Southern Hemisphere, their summer).

We had Ravens and owls that flew up into the colder mountains for the summer and would return in the winter as they still do now. Some smaller wrens, chickadees, pine grosbeaks, and similar ones would split into species only summer flocks only to combine in the winter into huge multispecies flocks.

Then with the advent of climate change, some rivers only partially froze or didn't freeze at all. Some southern birds came north, such as cardinals, and spent the winters. Some geese and ducks stopped migrating south and remained for the winter. I'm not completely sure, but I don't think the owls ever migrated or at least not the Interior owls.

Mary Ann

It's interesting about cats' sleeping places.  They really don't need beds, but I find Kendrick likes to be confined, either something on the sides or on top. 

I'm back from having my ears cleaned out and it was quite a process.  To begin with, the wax was stuck there.  In my attempts, I did not get much out, but the solution sprayed in my ears didn't do much to dislodge the wax.  The tech used a solution that was not warm enough at first, so I finally told her to get it "hot" and that felt better.  A nurse came in with a lighted pick and got a big glob out of one ear and it took awhile, but another nurse came in and got out a smaller glob from the other ear.  I am not good about clearing my ears of wax so it's my own fault.  The whole process took approximately a half hour.  So now I have clear ears and clean hearing aids.  And next week I'll get new hearing aids.  Time flies when you're having fun!

When I got buckled in the car, I decided to put on my dark glasses.  I opened my case and it was empty.  I don't know why they were not in the case but before I came into the house, I felt under my car seat and there were the glasses.  I wear them a lot in winter because my eyes are very sensitive to bright light.  Anyway, the glasses are now in the glasses case, waiting for next time.

Kendrick was glad to see me and followed me all around until I sat down in this room and he is now lying in his bed.  What a cat!

Sandy, I'm happy all went well with your cataract surgery.  I don't remember the colors being so much brighter, but I do remember being able to see better.  Patricia, I was told that I would know when I needed the surgery.  You reach a point where enough is enough.  Obviously, your cataract is not bad enough to cause problems, so you are wise to wait.  I think drivers notice problems more or sooner than others because of the halos at night and as you don't drive, that won't be a problem for you.

Mary Ann

angelface555

"A mutinous cat was put in 'solitary confinement' for freeing other cats from a shelter. Now he's a star."

Quilty the cat, welcome to the resistance.
This wily 6-year-old rescue cat has become the newest darling of the internet thanks to his mutinous attempts to free himself and the rest of his cat brethren from the cushy confines of the Friends for Life Animal Shelter in Houston, Texas.

A set of very angry photos of Quilty serving time for his crimes have caught fire online, an important reminder that cats are lawless creatures who can and will betray us the moment they feel it necessary.
"Quilty can be a little difficult," said Jennifer Hopkins, the communications lead at Friends for Life.

For the last few months, Quilty has been a resident of the shelter's cat room. Hopkins says that after he arrived, the door to the room kept mysteriously opening.
"We would come in in the morning and have to collect all 15 of the cats who had had a blast during the night," she told CNN.

A review of security footage showed the culprit was Quilty, who would jump up and pull the handle down on the door. Three times, he managed to Houdini himself and the dozen or so other senior cats to freedom -- or, at least, another room.
Eventually, the shelter's workers had to put him in "solitary confinement" in the building's lobby while they Quilty-proofed the premises. This was its own mistake.
Pictures of the unjust confinement won the little insurgent thousands of fans on Facebook. It may be his resemblance to Smudge, the cat grimacing over a plate of salad that has become a well-worn meme. Feline malcontent, after all, is an eternal spring of humor.
Whatever the reason, people are now clamoring to adopt the cat that, may we remind you, can open doors and is absolutely not sorry about it. In fact, according to Hopkins, Quilty's nickname at the shelter is "spicy a-hole." You can draw your own conclusions as to why.

Despite it all, Quilty holds a special spot at the rescue. He was born in 2012 and, like the rest of his litter, was named after a character from the Vladimir Nobokov novel "Lolita." And, like his literary source material, the cat would prove to be problematic.
Hopkins says he was almost immediately adopted to a loving household, but a few months ago his owner needed to move and couldn't bring Quilty with her. Instead, he ended up back at Friends for Life.
"We have a lifetime commitment for all of our animals to make sure they're safe. We spend a lot of time and effort on them," Hopkins said.
"After all, we get the weird ones," she added.
The shelter has embraced Quilty's sudden fame on its Facebook page with hashtags like #FreeQuilty and #QuiltyNotGuilty.

Luckily, most people love weird cats, so Quilty has already been matched with a potential adoptive family and is awaiting next steps so he can move in to his new forever home.
And, hopefully, not try to break out of it.

https://tinyurl.com/yjqxhkhz

Mary Ann

Patricia, I saw that headline this morning but did not have time to read the story, so thank you for including it; I did read it now.  I often tell Kendrick that I wish he could open the front door because it takes me a while to get to the door to open it.  Most people who come to our front door know it takes time, so they wait patiently.

If there's a will, there's a way!

Mary Ann

MarsGal

A rare sight down here, and only in very cold, snowy winters, I have seen the Great Snowy Owl on two occasions in my 70 some years. We used to see RedPolls and Juncos when the winters were bad farther north. When I had the house down in York County, about 15-20miles away and on the other side of the summit, we fed Cardinals, Grosbeaks, Goldfinches, Titmice, Carolina Chickadees, many different kinds of sparrows, and we had Mockingbirds, Baltimore Orioles, Martins, Barn Swallows, Catbirds, and others stop or pass over the house. Saw swans coming in to the lake at Pinchot Park one spring, there was an owl down the road in the woods I got to see in full glide one evening, and my Ex saw a hawk come in under the porch after the birds after one particularly nasty winter. We I moved up to Enola, even though the creek and a nice patch of woods are across the street, I don't see so many birds any more. not even many starlings the last year or so. Since I have a few pines in the back yard, I do get to see Nuthatches, the odd Woodpecker (but I hear them more than see them here), Chickadees (but sadly not Titmice), and lots of hawks, the Bald Eagles, and one year I finally saw the owl that used to hang out around here somewhere. I haven't see too many birds this year, but then I don't think I was paying as much attention. Just a note, while other birds seem to have disappeared or almost so, the hawks and eagles seem to have increased. Oh, the waterfowl. There used to be lots of migrating waterfowl on the river, but I didn't see many this year. Didn't even see many "river" gulls.

Cats can be such a riot, one way or the other  :cat:

Mary Ann

MarsGal, I don't think I've seen all of those birds in my life.  We do see an occasional odd bird occasionally, but not all you mentioned are "odd".  When I had the cottage, I would see warblers that I don't see here.  Birds are interesting as are the various animals that other see.

Mary Ann

angelface555

We have bald eagles by the thousands in Southeast Alaska but very rarely in the Interior. Perhaps its because we have so many Golden Eagles here and its a matter of territory? We have 15 types of owls, mainly Great Northern, and twelve kinds of hawks locally.

There are many, many types of birds because it's believed that 80% of the world's birds come here to breed. We have three types of foxes and flying squirrels and more than one type of lynx. We have six types of rabbits, primarily jackrabbits and snowshoe hares.

For birds overwintering locally, we have over 500  species. I'm not going to list them all. It is probably because of the amount of water, forests, and wetlands in the state and the most national parks in this country.

Canada probably has something similar.

Denver

We enjoyed the meeting of the prospective owners of the condo group yesterday.  Two couples were getting together at a place to have a drink afterwards and they invited us to join them.  We got a lot of information from them and enjoyed our time together.

MARY ANN, glad you got your ears cleaned out and now you are ready for the new hearing aids.  Glad you found your colored glasses.  I occasionally loose my "cheaters" as I tuck them in my shirt and when my seatbelt releases it occasionally takes my glasses with it and they end up on the ground!  Most of the time I find them but I have lost a few! 

MARILYNE,  I hope AJ was able to get the crown put back in rather than having to buy a whole new crown.   We are continuing to see if we really want to go through with this move or not.  We are certainly not taking this possible move lightly....everything involved in this move is constantly on our minds and is nearly driving us nuts.  This home needs to be updated and Bob really is not wanting to take this task on, and I totally understand.   We technically have until the later part of December to totally commit to this financially,

Tomorrow is Bob's 76th Birthday.  We celebrated with Dave's Family last Sunday and now Brian will be over to go to lunch tomorrow and then we will celebrate both of our birthdays after we return from California with both he and his wife.  BTW, we are going next week to visit our boy and his parents....we can not wait to see him. 

Pleasant dreams to ALL.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Mary Ann

Jenny, make the most of your visit to California next week to see Jonah.  They're little for so short a time.

Tom is teaching today and I don't have a thing scheduled.  I seldom have four things going in three days, probably never, as I did this week.  The cat and I are batching it.  He's in his bed near me now. 

I don't envy you thinking about moving.  I was 57 when I moved here and I hope I'll be here until they carry me out.  I do think you are at a good age to move.  One thing about condos is you are responsible only for the inside.  I think you have a HOA so you are familiar with that end of condo living.  I won't say more to encourage or discourage you except I'm glad I made the move.

Mary Ann

SCFSue

Good morning, Bait and Tacklers.  It's pretty chilly here in Auburn, Alabama, this morning.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen.  I need to do a load of wash this morning and plan to spend most of the afternoon reading.  I will take my usual morning walk shortly.  It is uphill for the first half and downhill on the way home, so I get plenty of exercise from the walk.

Have a nice day, Every Bait and Tackler!
Sue

Marilyne

Jenny - Good that you will be coming to California next week to see Jonah and family.  The weather report is for a few cool days this week, and then old Mister Sun, will return again next week, and the temps will be in the low 70's once again!  It's usually bland weather until around Thanksgiving, so I hope it holds for you and Bob.  Sounds like you've already made some friends at the new condo that you are considering?  That will help, to have input from others.    Yes, the dentist was able to put AJ's crown back in place, after a number of X-rays, to make sure everything else was okay.  It makes me wonder about the two crowns that I have in back molars??  One is a fairly recent  and the other has been there for about 35 to 40 years!  (Not a root canal, so I wonder about it?). 

Mary Ann - I know Tom enjoys teaching, so nice that he will be busy today.  Does he still do the Uber driving?  I know from friends of Sandy's, that Uber and Lyft are the busiest over the weekends, and on holiday weekends they make the most money . . . picking up and dropping off at airports. 

SCFSue - I admire you for sticking with your morning walk!  I used to enjoy mine, and was fairly consistent, but no longer do I ever go walking, except around my own yard and house, which are both spread out.    When I go to the grocery store, I always park as far away from the entrance as possible, so that I have to walk a good distance, to the store and back.  That's about the extent of my exercise.

Mary Ann

Good morning, Sue, and any who follow.  I have completed round 1 of my computing and finished my puzzle.  I have more puzzles that I can go to today if I so choose.

I don't have any particular plans for the day.  There is much I should do and much I don't do!  I wish I could walk further than I can but that is why I spend much time on the computer.  Kendrick has lapped up the last of the milk from my cereal.  There were few grains in the milk, as few as I could leave, and I think he prefers it that way because with other cereal he has turned up his nose at the milk.  I have a small amount left in the jug so I'll give him more later.  It doesn't seem to bother him that I use skim milk; humans are more bothered.

I have golf on the TV, the European tour and I don't have the volume on loud enough to have heard where they're playing.  Many of the European players play also in the US so I recognize most of the names.  And US players play in European tours. 

Marilyn, Tom occasionally drives for Uber, but they have lowered the payments to drivers so doesn't pay as well as it used to, even in the surges.  If he does it now, it is more out of boredom and he seldom has time to get bored!!!  The teaching doesn't pay that well either, but if he works five days a week (which he does not), he gets paid for five days a week.  And the amount doesn't fluctuate.

I kind of felt your dentist would use AJ's crown again, however, you never know.  The crowns are just glued in and the glue on his probably gave out.  I had a "full head" xray last time I was at the dentist and discovered I have 17 crowns.  I know one where I had two because I did have a root canal.  My dentist and the root canal dentist are both across the road from me - separate buildings but both close to me and each other.  I would not be surprise if my first crown isn't about as old as yours.  I think I know which tooth it is, but I'm not sure.  It now has plenty of company!

Mary Ann 

Mary Ann

Bubble, I have the link to Grand Haven at the bottom of the screen.  Is there any way you can make it BOLD?  I think the link is so faint that others don't know it's there and some days, especially windy days, there are lots of whitecaps which make for more interesting scenery.

Please and thanks.

Mary Ann

JeanneP

I would hate to have to make that recipe but would sre love a slice.

Snowed in for last 4 days. Only got to 12 deg. Today will be 34 so with fingers crossed on my way outside to see if car starts. Got snow and ice removed from driveway.
JeanneP