Random Image

brook

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:08:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Our Thanksgiving plans have finally been settled.  The sticker was that Annie invited her mother and her husband for the day, then would have Tom and me and other family members on Sunday.  Tom realized two big meals for Annie to make was too much for such an inexperienced cook, even though she would have help.  The rub for me was that I would go to have dinner with them and at the time, Tom did not know what he would do, except he would not be at Annie's with her mother there.  I'm part of the whole family as much as any of them are, but I was uncomfortable about what Tom would do.  He has scads of friends and I figured he would eat with one of them.  Today Robin invited both of us to T-Day dinner at her place.  She is a health food nut and we will have different things for our dinner, but we will be with her family and others.  We'll manage.  At least I won't feel guilty about what Tom is doing.

I will be busy tomorrow - I will see the dentist in late morning, then right after lunch, if there is time for lunch, I will get my new "ears".  Robin was here today and did a good job.  We didn't finish the last one, but it will wait until next week.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

Marilyn, I saw some of Paul leaving Port Huron and he/she should be going past Marine City about 11 or 11:30 ET.  It will be dark if you want to look for it.  Iver Bright was going under the Blue Water Bridge just afterward and with the bridge lights, you could see the ship.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Before too many pages turn and the comments about wild animals get lost in the shuffle....

Although I basically live "in the middle of town",  there is a creek along the west side of the complex that runs a long way north - and a tributary that comes behind the back fence along my side of the street.

There's also a pond at the west end of the complex near the creek.  We see herons, wild geese, ducks, skunks, and coyotes around it- and a bob cat was spotted once. 

I've seen all of these going across the "green area" between my house and the back fence.  One time, I looked out to see ten wild turkeys perched on the fence and sitting on the grass. Turned out they were wandering up and down the long creek.

There are bears in the mountains of eastern/southeastern Oklahoma.  Some friends and I were driving through the mountains between Mena Arkansas and Talihina OK when a mama bear and two cubs came across the highway in front of us.  They disappeared before any of us could get a camera out.

Feral hogs are also rampant in that part of the state.  They are terribly destructive and almost impossible to eradicate.

Friends from Kansas are spending Saturday night on their way to south Texas for Thanksgiving with their son.  It's been a long time since I've had overnight company!  Had to think hard to remember how to plan food - and where the blankets are for the guest room bed.  :)

Sleep well and have pleasant dreams.

angelface555

Callie, I've never seen a skunk as we don't have them in Alaska, but that may change as many southern animals are moving north. We had coyotes finally make it here in early 2018 but relatively few in number so far. No wild turkeys or bobcats either although there are bobcats in the state's southeast. The only live raccoon I've ever seen was in the Anchorage zoo, reprocessed from it's former "owner" and no wild hogs either. It is interesting to hear about different states and their animal populations!

Marilyne

Callie - We also have a creek that runs through town,  and attracts lots of those thirsty critters. We  have the birds that you mentioned - ducks, herons, wild geese and turkeys, and I love seeing them. The feral hogs, are a destructive and dangerous nuisance, but fortunately, there are none here in our little section of the county. They are rampant in South San Jose, and packs of them come into the neighborhoods there, and destroy all lawns, and landscaping.  Some homeowners stand guard with a garden hose, but nothing seems to faze those dangerous, ugly monsters.  Here, in CA, they are called wild boars, or Javelina.

Mary Ann - I caught the backside of Paul, a couple of nights ago, on the canal cam. I've seen very little of him this year, compared to last year. I especially like to watch him go under the bridge and through the canal, because of the crowd that gathers, and all the horns and noise that accompanies his arrival or departure.  Now it's almost time the shipping season to close for the Winter, so we won't bed seeing much in another month or two.    I can understand that having Thanksgiving dinner two days in a row, would be overwhelming for Annie.  If she's a young lady who is calm, and doesn't mind the pressure, then she might want to do it?  I can see that Tom, would be uncomfortable having a holiday meal with his ex!   Going to Robin's looks like a good alternative.

Patricia - I can appreciate that when you grow up with wild animals that are potentially dangerous, that you learn how to deal with them, and it becomes a way of life.  Our problem here, is that the dangerous ones have migrated into town, and nobody knows what to do with them?  The coyotes have multiplied into packs over the past couple of years, and will attack humans if they are so inclined.  Dogs are snatched from owners who are out walking them on a leash, in the early evening or morning.  Of course everyone is on guard against the Mountain Lion. 

Mary Ann

Patricia, if the skunks make it to your area, they are a beautiful animal, but keep your distance.  I've seen them, in fact, a family made its home under the porch of Norm's neighbor a few years ago.  Sometimes I've smelled them.

Marilyn, the ship vacation is usually from mid-January to the end of March - give or take a few days.  But that is for ships traveling through the Soo, I find out.  I've heard there still is shipping on Lakes Michigan and Huron, but not Erie because that lake can freeze over.  There are some commodities that are needed year round.

We've been on the "go" since 11:45 this morning, getting home about about 2:45 pm.  I had a dentist appointment at noon and as soon as I finished that, we drove to the hearing aid place to get my new "ears" and learn about them.  All's well with my teeth and my next appointment is in March.  I found out my scheduler is retiring next month so I won't see her again; I'll miss her. 

I had a thorough introduction to my new hearing aids.  I didn't learn much new about the nitty-gritty but I did learn about features I haven't had before.  I feel it was  much more thorough than what I've had before.

The lawn guys are here for their final clean up of the season. 

Late afternoon, Tom and I will go to Holland to baby-sit for two or three hours. 

We have not heard anything from California about the birth there, which makes me wonder if they postponed the C-section or if something went wrong.  No news is not always good news!  I'm sure we would have heard if things did not go right.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Marilyne, wolves will snatch dogs when you're out walking them, and sometimes the owner is injured protecting the dog. Now I guess coyotes will. They are in Delta and Denali Park, about 100 miles from here, so some are probably here as well. There are bobcats, not mountain lions in the S.E. of Alaska.

Moose are in town and, if aggravated, will trample a person. In 2017, some kids on a school playground were throwing rocks at a moose, and it took off. When still agitated, it came upon a man in his driveway and trampled him.

While nothing happened to the kids, I believe something should have as they were indirectly responsible for the man's death.  Moose have a tuft of hair on their shoulders. If he's peaceful, it lays down. If it is sticking up, move immediately, so there is something between you and the moose — no sudden movement.

Bears are seen in the city suburbs and sometimes in the edges of town. Such as in the wildlife sanctuary or one of the golf courses. Bears will sometimes attack, so often, neighbors will start phoning around when they see one.

It is illegal to shoot a bear unless you can prove to the F&G, not just say, you were in fear of your life. To give you an idea, a black bear sow with yearly twins once tore an opening into the garage and tore off the lid of a chest freezer.
We live in a city that has two rivers, either looping around or five others very close by so that brings the game in town, either escaping predators or chasing them. Moose come into town in the winter as do caribou because wolves generally don't go into the town center. Almost every year, a moose enters a building through an automatic door, and it makes the news.

It's not like it's an everyday thing, but it happens. It's probably similar to animal sightings in other states.

angelface555

MaryAnn, no skunks, rabies,(only in S.E. Alaska); snakes, ragweed, poison oak or poison ivy and I'd like to keep it that way :thumbup:

I got my haircut today and on my return, found my apartment full of people. I almost had a heart attack! There were only six, but you don't expect to open your door to a group of people in your home! I had forgotten the structural inspection and the housekeeping inspection. Now there is only the safety one in March for sprinklers, alarms, vents, smoke detectors, and intercom.

I'm getting a new showerhead, stove range hood, weatherstripping on the front door, and balcony door — bathroom heat lamp. Plus, new balcony blinds, the type that is lengthwise rather than horizontal. They're also replacing the kitchen sink pipe (the one that loops); and the contact paper in both bathroom and kitchen cupboards.

They're also recaulking the toilet, tub, and replacing a couple of tiles against the back wall. Last month I got written up for having a shelf in front of the balcony  door so the cat could see out. This time it was a small three-shelf piece in front of the bedroom window. Now, I know, nothing in front of doors or windows to limit access. All the other stuff is for new state regs.

Oh, and my haircut was nice!  ::)

Mary Ann

Patricia, that would be a shock to return home and find people there.  You are going to have a lot of repairs and improvements in your apartment, it seems.  Worth finding all of those people there!  I'm glad you like your haircut!!!

There certainly are a lot of animals that we don't see in our area and I know weather has something to do about it, but so does the amount of traffic in the larger cities. 

I've been gone since noon and I have a "wild animal" here and I'll have to pay attention to him.  I've had my new hearing aids in all afternoon and I can hear better; I do think I'll like them.  I doubt I'll change my wearing habits since I am alone so much that I don't feel it necessary to wear them.

Tonight Tom and I met James and the twins at a Mc Donalds where he and I watched the girls.  There is a play area where they played.  They both got in the older kids' area and Jo climbed to a point she could not get down.  Ellie could not climb that high.  We tried to encourage them to stay on the 3-year old side and they'd stay there a while, but since they can't read they would wander to the other side.  Tom bought two coloring books and some washable crayons that they used too.  We all had something to eat there and about 7:30 we drove to their house and chatted for a while.  We got home about 8:30 and I know Tom has crashed already.

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Patricia, they would probably have a heart attack if they saw my place. Almost all my windows have something in front of them including low bookshelves and the steam heaters. I still have three of my four air conditioners in the windows too. One door was disabled before I bought the place and it now has a huge cedar cabinet and a tall bookshelf in front of it to boot. Never fear, for some odd reason the builders all those years ago made three entrances on the first floor, one to the kitchen, one to the front room, and one to what I call the media room which is the opposite side from the kitchen. My house is a T shape with a wrap around porch. I'd love to open up that media room door and get a walk-in closet built out into some of the porch area, but I still need to get some windows updated and new doors. Don't know if I could swing the price of a closet, too. The kitchen is badly in need of an upgrade to get some actual usable cabinet and counter space. The only closets are two bedroom closets, the other bedroom has none and there is no linen closet. Some of this would have been upgraded had I not been laid-off and had to take early SS.

Sandy

For Eight years when my family was
young,  we lived on a farm..
We rented the farm house but did none
of the work.   

There  were a lot of skunks around there,
and unfortunately for us they made a home
under our laundry room.... 

Well,  every  so often something would
get in and scare the skunks and they
would spray and all that smell came up under our laundry room.    So for days we would have to put up with the smell,  and of course my laundry  room always had clothes on the floor waiting to be washed...  with four growing kids,  the laundry was never caught up.   

So I know what living with skunks is like... They are beautiful though... 

Have a good week everyone...
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Bait and Tackler.  I've had breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen, showered and dressed for lunch and bridge at the nearby retirement home.  Tomorrow I'm hoping my friend Bonney will go to the Mr. Rogers movie with me.  I'll call her when I get home from the retirement home.

Not much else to report here today.  It's cooler and fallish (?--by which I mean it feals like fall!).  Have a nice day, Bait and Tacklers!

Sue

Marilyne

It's unusual for me to be the first one here in the morning?  It's only 7:30, and finally seems a bit Wintery outside.  overcast and windy, but predicted to hit the mid 60's today. 

Patricia - I keep meaning to ask why you aren't allowed to have a table in front of the window, where Farrah liked to sit and watch the birds?  I have all sorts of furniture, including beds, tables and couch and low bookshelf, in front of my windows.  They are all low enough that I can open the window if I want to or need to.  Has Farrah ever had one of those carpet covered perches, with the different levels?  One of those would be perfect for placing in front of the window, so she could watch the birds, and also get a little exercise climbing around on it.  I know they are usually expensive at stores like Petco, but maybe a better price ordering from Amazon, if you have Prime.

Sandy - Skunks are fascinating animals.  I used to be afraid of them, but they are really very docile if you leave them alone and ignore them.  I read that they only want to spray, if they feel they are in danger, and will give fair warning before they spray, by facing the person or animal, and dancing around on their hind legs. If the person or animal continues to approach then they turn and spray.  Around here, it's mostly barking dogs and curious cats that get sprayed.

Mary Ann - I'm thinking about your gr-nephew in California, and hope that everything is okay there?  If they know that it's going to be a C-section, they schedule it ahead of time,ans stick with it, unless the woman goes into early labor.

Jenny - We haven't heard from you in a couple of days, but I guess it's because you're on your trip to California, to see Jonah?  I know you're looking forward to spending a lot of time with him!  We're looking forward  to hearing about him, and maybe some pictures too?

Hi Sue - Looks like we were posting at the same time!

Mary Ann

Marilyn, every time I checked in here this morning, there were NO posts in any of the folders so I went on my way.  There even was no activity on the St Clair River.  I think I did post somewhere about my future activities, but that probably was on the only folder that had anything going this morning.  I have felt that about skunks but have not been close enough to one to test that theory.  When I had a cottage I used to walk in a wooded area across the road but I never encountered any animals except the area dog who would walk with me.  I was after wild flowers that I would replant in my yard. 

Sandy, what an odor you'd have when the skunks let loose!  I don't know if Norm's neighbor had a problem or not.  I know they could not board up where the skunks were because of the young ones.  Eventually, they did leave so the place could be boarded up, but it was all summer long before that could take place.

We have a jewelry store up the hill from us and there have been three robbery attempts in several years.  I think the last attempt was at night and our Condo Board has now asked us to leave our lights on at night to prevent anyone hiding by our buildings.

Sue, it sounds as if you keep busy even if you need a ride to get from Point A to Point B.  You're active anyway.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Good morning from the Interior! I'm late today because I went out with a friend for dinner. I went to sleep about eleven, woke up at 2:38, and was awake until sometime after five. I fell back to sleep until sometime after eight. It is now 9:16, and I'm still groggy. For me, taking any naps, if I could fall asleep, would only mess me up further.

Marilyne, I was planning on buying a cat tree in December, but now it will go to repairing my desktop computer. I do have a five shelf unit in front of the side window, so Farrah lays on that to look out.

Having anything in front of the balcony door or bedroom window, impeding access is a safety violation in case of fire or whatever. Each writeup costs you 25.00, the same as having to be let in off-hours. You pay any writeups when rent is due. The balcony door has two narrow floors to ceiling windows, one on each side and the bedroom window is the same, long and narrow,

Many of the repair items I had called in previously but now they're fixing them. I think the curved pipe under the kitchen sink is called a neck? And when I called last summer about no pressure in the shower, a repairman said they're all like that and when they had to replace the inside of the toilet, they didn't caulk it when replacing it because of possible leaks.

I admit I'm pessimistic about maintenance men. I believe it made a difference this time because the group included the head maintenance man, one head maintenance from Anchorage, the head of this building's security, the head housekeeper, my landlady and her boss. The two inspections, housekeeping, and structural, were combined due to the extra people. Typically our reviews are done by my landlady. From the size of the group and the number of repairs, I 'm sure they're upgrading.

They are going floor by floor and taking a day for each of the five levels. This inspection is the first since the sale that they're looking at everything. Perhaps some quarterly review? Although with only five maintenance men for seven buildings, I'm sure it will take a while. Last year one maintence man had a stroke and two retired, so they're trying to hire more or transfer from somewhere else.

angelface555

A friend wanted to see my inexpensive office so I sent these photos to her and thought they would also explain the new shelf arrangement for Farrah. She likes to use both shelves so those two are kept empty.

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg=164526

Marilyne

Patricia - I commented on your photos right after you posted,  but must not have hit the Post button?  Anyway, it was just a short message saying that I enjoyed looking at your office, and one sight in particular, that made me laugh! That sight being your pillow and robe on your desk chair, looking exactly the same as the pillow and robe on my desk chair! ;D  I need both of them always handy, for the sake of comfort and warmth. I have lots more items cluttering up my desk than you have.  Mine are all unrelated to the computer . . .  nose spray, eye drops, books, catalogs, and a box of Band-Aids.  I need to do some housekeeping I think! 
Farrah looks comfortable and relaxed on her shelf, as she observes the passing parade.   

angelface555

Marilyne you did. It was post #7742.

If you notice all the black iron stands, etc. from Amazon, that's where all my junk went. Also, the two big boxes with orange lids under my stuffed moose hold lots of junk. I have six of those orange lidded boxes in total and the best on sale purchase I made last winter.

All my drops, pills, etc., I keep in a kitchen cupboard because I learned a long time ago to have a special place for everything and everything in its place or everything goes missing. For example, my keys go on a hook just inside the door, and anytime I go anywhere, they're hooked onto one of my pant's belt loops.

Mary Ann

The California baby arrived Tuesday, Nov 19 with a name of Ezra Raymond Lancaster Tock.  Jan's last name, which she kept when she married Terry, is Lancaster.  Both Geoff and Erin have middle names of Lancaster, so now both CA boys have Lancaster in their names.  Since boys don't change their last names, we should have some Tock names left.  Jan did not know the particulars such as weight etc but we are glad he's here and all seemed to go well.  They were to take him home today.

Patricia, in a way, I also have special places for things, especially keys.  When I drove, my car keys were in my coat pocket or purse compartment (depending on the season).  Now they live in my purse but when I go somewhere and do not take my purse, they are in my slacks pocket.  I have to admit things have moved since Tom came here but they are in their places. 

I like the shelf for Farrah; I have so few windows (probably more than you have) and no place for such a shelf.  Kendrick would love it.  He has a tower that Annie bought at a yard sale for $5 but it is too small for him but he still gets up on it occasionally.  While he "sleeps around", most of the time he is in his bed in the room where I am.

Mary Ann

Joy

Good evening.  I have been missing for a couple of days.  Nothing wrong except for being so lazy.  It has been in the 50's the past couple days, but my place is so cold.  I don't get any sun and that doesn't help at all. I keep pushing the thermostat up and down.

My DIL brought me a couple really nice warm fleece blankets, so I have been using the largest one on my bed.  Nice and warm to sleep.  When I am sitting in the recliner, I am bundled up with another fleece blanket.  I was reading this afternoon on my Kindle and fell asleep and when I woke up it was dark.  Almost 5:30.  I was a little confused because I thought it still should be light out.  I must have really been sleeping. 

I have had my dinner and ready to get back in the recliner and read some more and probably watch one of the Hallmark movies.

Sounds like most of you have your Thanksgiving plans. Not sure yet what I will be doing.  Mary Ann, wouldn't it be nice if LIFE wasn't so complicated?  I, too, have some problems with where I usually go for dinner.  My oldest son and his wife do not have children and I get a little upset when I have to ask if some of the grandchildren can come. I think they should just be invited with the rest of the family members.  :( But, I just keep my mouth shut

Just wanted to say hello and wish you all a good evening.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

It's good to see a message from you, Joy, and to know you're not ill.  I have days like that when I just don't feel like posting and often don't. 

I'm one who has noticed the dark more this year than other years.  I think a lot of it has to do with watching the ships on the St Clair River and it is dark by 5:30 pm and it is dark when I get up early.  Other years I haven't had that problem and as I don't go out in the evening, I hadn't noticed dark.  Oh well, live and learn!

Your fleece blankets sound like a good thing to have.  My thing is a sweater and when I take the sweater off, I am ready for bed.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Joy - Mary Ann...
...i huddle in bed with hot water bottles, the ribbed rubber type, and i will huddle up with one during the day when sitting on the sofa, and particularly when i am watching the " hallmark " type Christmas romance films...My rubber hot water bottles have become my " comforter blanket.." more so since i lost my Richard...I am forever boiling up the kettle for another mug of tea or to fill my rubber hot water bottle to cuddle for when i am sitting at the tv...I can only watch romantics, with the America way of a typical Christmas and of course always with the happy ending, even if the stories tend to be " far fetched, " with the snow falling on Christmas Day and the typical old fashioned as it should be Christmas scenes.....Recordeds of Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond, although they are just repeats and repeats and more repeats and the recordeds of the Christmas films i can watch at my leisure throughout the morning as long as they all have that " feel good factor, " ...I dont watch the news, i stay well clear of that doom and gloom...
Oh and fleece, i wont live without my fleece dressing gowns...my robes...

Sandy...
...i hope you saw my Birthday Wishes to you on the 18th...
" There is no present like the time "

Joy

Good morning.  A slow morning here, I  see.

Jackie, nice to see you this morning. I will have to look into getting a hot water bottle.  I am always cold.  I do have a heating element in my recliner and even tho it is in the back of the chair, it does help to warm me up. Covered up with my fleece blanket and the heat on is nice.

Do you get the Hallmark movies in your area. They are some of the best movies and right now, the Hallmark Channel is showing the Christmas movie 24 hours a day. Some I  like better than others, but they are all "feel good" movies. 

I hope you are doing better.  Have you made any decisions about trying to move?  I hope things are going along better for you.  I do think about you quite often. 

I have had breakfast and taken my medicine, and think I will read for a little while.  Nothing special to do today.

Hope everyone will have a pleasant day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Jackie, I don't quite fit the mold.  It may be that I am warm-blooded to begin with, but I put on a sweater over my t-shirt top and I am comfortable all day.  It also could be the types of heat in our homes.  I think it is nice you have the hot water bottle and other things to keep warm because I would, too, if I were chilly.  I'm always the odd ball.  I know you have the hot water bottle for a different kind of comfort.

Jackie, I don't watch movies any more, but those you mentioned are my kind of movie.  I used to go to musicals and there were a lot of them when I was young.  We had a theater about a mile from home, we walked to it, and it cost 15c.  Not only that it would be a double feature and we could sit there all day and see the movies more than once.  We might stop at the drug store on the way home (same block as the theater), then walk home.  There were no safety problems then.  Memories!

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Joy and Jackie - good morning to both of you. Like you Jackie, I need my hot water bottle, when the weather turns cold!  The old fashioned red rubber kind.  It's the best soother for pain, or stomach discomfort, or for staying warm while sleeping or watching TV.  I've tried heating pads, but they are not for me. They make me uncomfortable and sweaty.  Sometimes the old ways are the best ways!

Mary Ann - I'm happy to hear that Ezra Raymond Lancaster Tock, has arrived and all is well!  That is a lot of name . . .  but it seems to be the trend now, to name a baby more than the traditional three names.  It's a good thing that Tock, is nice and short, so the four names are easy to say. A longer last name like mine - Erickson - would be a bit too much! ha

Patricia - Thanks for letting me know that I accidentally responded to your pictures, in the Photos and More folder!  I wondered where my post went! When I clicked on your link, I forgot to return to B&T, and just posted my message there, without realizing it.  ::)   

Joy and Jackie

angelface555

Good morning everyone from the Interior where it's presently thirty-one degrees with freezing rain to be followed by snow tomorrow. If I don't keep to a regular sleeping routine, I end up with all types of issues. Taking a nap only makes it worse, and I envy those who can take one.

Farrah does love having a place to watch her window on the world. I have a three-foot-wide balcony entrance,(screen door and outside door); between those two narrow windows. In the summer, it's beautiful, but the cold winter air seeps in to chill. It will be warm with the new weather stripping.

Some folks here weren't pleased with the inspections. One guy who's an Elvis fan is also a hoarder and kleptomaniac. I have set my mail down on a counter in the security room, and he will pick it up and start going through it. No matter what is left on the donation table or lying around seemingly forgotten, he finds and collects it. I once donated some women's blouses and some umbrellas only for him to take them all.

Today security announced a large number of new items kept in a locked storage room and requesting all who might be missing items to check with them. Since he is ill, he doesn't get evicted, but people are angry with him again.

MaryAnn, will they hyphenate Lancaster Tock? That little one has an impressive name to live up to! I would love a new family baby but the youngest grand, my niece doesn't plan on children and the others in their thirties and forties don't even plan on marriage! Two of the other four are in long term arrangements and the other two, who knows?

Mary Ann

Patricia, as far as I know, the name will not be hyphenated.  When Jan (grandmother) sent the message, it was four separate names.  On Sunday when we saw Jan, she knew only that the boy's name would be an Old Testament prophet and I suggested Amos, but they went a bit further down the alphabet.  The other boy is Isaiah Rayland Lancaster Tock, with Rayland being a made-up name.  Geoff is a film/TV writer.  He has a dry sense of humor, as did his dad (Terry).  I am not sure, but I think his wife was in psychology but I think she is a stay-at-home mother now.  I am not close to that family because of distance, but whenever I e-mail Geoff about anything, I get an instant reply.  And that is more than I get from any of the others, including James and Annie/Cate.  I always let Jan know that Geoff has responded so quickly because I appreciate it. 

Unless one of the families with children decides to have more, I am not sure of there being any more children in our family.  Paula has said that's it! and took steps to prevent another pregnancy.  Paula and Geoff, with spouses, now each have two children, as does James and his wife.  Erin will not be married for a couple of years and they want to relocate to northern Minnesota where he once lived.  But she has said she does not want children.  Annie/Cate has said the same thing; she loves her nieces, but her SO's children have set a bad example and put a bad taste in her mouth for children.  I'm happy to be 2x great aunt to six children who probably will not remember me as they get older.  As I often say - Oh, well!

We're not much warmer than you, Patricia, but we have no freezing drizzle; it's 35 here.  The sun seems to be trying to shine.  Looking at the ships across the state, the sun has been shining there. 

I hate to admit at 3 pm that I have not had lunch yet and I'd better find something to eat before it's suppertime.

Mary Ann

Denver

Good evening from Rancho Cordova California where Nana and GrandBob have been doing absolutely nothing other than playing with Jonah❣️ Oh my, what a delight he is!  He is running all over the house and is such a busy boy.  Our time here has passed so quickly and it is going to be very hard to leave here on Sunday😩😢

Today was Michele's last radiation treatment, however she had a MRI done and sadly there is something more seen in it.  I do not know any details right now, but she will need more treatments and therefore more prayers are needed please! 😩😢🙏🙏 Tomorrow she and the family will be flying to Florida to meet up with good friends from Lake Oswego OR at Disney World where they will spend Thanksgiving week. 

I wish you all a good night of rest and pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
...not the Christmas present Michele is wanting, needing, nor expecting...

Joy, Mary Ann, Marilyne...
...thank you for your kind words...oh it is so good to know i am not the only water bottle hugger..
" There is no present like the time "

Sasha

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein