Random Image

Lesson 22

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyne

Patricia - fascinating information on the different types and blends of chocolate.  Who knew?  I certainly didn't . . . I thought there was just dark, and light chocolate.  My favorite cookie, chocolate chip - contains semi-sweet chips, I think?  I haven't had them around here for a number of years.  My favorite chocolate candy company is, See's, or Mary See's.  We were at the big store in San Jose last week, stocking up on some goodies for Christmas.

Jean - Sounds like you're looking forward to a nice Christmas dinner with Gigi and Jeff.  We've had the Whole Foods Holiday dinner a few times over the past couple of years.  It's quite good, I think.  I especially like the mashed sweet potatoes and the dressing.

Mary Ann - I stopped sending Christmas cards a number of years ago, but every year, I end up by buying some at the last minute from Walgreen's, to send to friends and relatives who are (or have been) in the hospital, or who have lost a family member during the year.  There seems to be more and more of those every year.  :(   I also like the Christmas Music Channel on the TV, and I listen to it often during the day.  There are also a couple of other Channels that have nothing but the Yule Log burning,  with Christmas music playing.  No talk and no commercials.  So you can leave it on and do other things, while listening to the crackling of the fire, and the music.

Vanilla-Jackie

As expected, Christmas cards have been dropping through my door as some parkhome on site residents are doing their rounds, how hypocritical, these are the same on site residents that have not set foot near me, nor knocked on my door since Richards death eight and a half months ago, yet they all are aware of his death, well yes, like their hand written card messages say " have a good Christmas " as if...
...Yes they pop the cards through my front door letterbox yet cant even be bothered to knock - see if i am in and talk to me - ask me how i am...hypocrites the lot of them...

...My late father had the right idea when he said to me many years ago, " the tide will turn " and " I'll have the last laugh " and " the tables will turn " and " he who laughs last, laughs longest."...
" There is no present like the time "

Amy

Angel, interesting facts on the chocolate. I like the dark chocolate the best but any will do . :)  I tell folks that chocolate is good for you.....tis from a bean, beans are good for you and that is my story and I am sticking to it.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Patricia, I had not paid attention to the chocolate content - I just like it, but I do try to not eat too much....Would a draft dodger work for your balcony?  I crocheted mine, but I know they are for sale too, at least from catalogs.  If you don't rely on the balcony area for light, you might put a plastic over the opening.  That is, if Farrah doesn't object....I often wonder if my taking a nap interferes with my sleep at night, but I have bad nights without having had a nap.  I seem to have a pattern of every other night.  The cat doesn't help, but he usually doesn't stay long.

Amy, today Kendrick stayed in his own bed which was unusual because he often discovers I am missing and comes into my bedroom. 

Marilyn, while some cards are local, most of my Christmas cards are relatives.  I enjoy it when they send picture, as they often do, so I try to tell a bit about my year.  They seem to have much more interesting lives than I do, but they also have large families - children, grandchildren, even greats.  It often is the only time I hear from them so I want to keep in contact with them....Tom's friend, Robin, has the fireplace scene on her TV. When we lived in Belmont, we had two fireplaces and rarely used them.  I don't miss them and I doubt watching a fireplace on TV would be a good substitute for me.

Jackie, I think you would be happier if you returned to your former home town and found a place to stay near friends and family.  Put your house in the hands of a realtor and if it is empty, the house might sell quicker. 

Tom is at Applebee's for supper and he's ordering the 2/$25 and bring an entree home for me.  I know that is more than I'll eat, but it's better than Wendy's hamburger.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Mary Ann...
...I have rewarded off site helpers with a non Christmas thank you gift of my appreciation....those are the ones that matter...

Vacating empty property, still have to continue paying monthly " ground rent " until it gets sold...But yes, " you have hit the nail on the head "....

angelface555

Dark chocolate, like red wine, is good for you in moderation. I will take a dark chocolate bar and put it in the freezer (It's part of one of my monthly gifts from last Christmas, Godiva.) Then each day I break, off and enjoy one section.

Amy

Angel, I agree! Over indulgence and it is no longer a special treat!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

SCFSue

Good morning, Bait and Tacklers.  It's a dreary, chilly, rainy day here in Auburn, Alabama.  I will probably forego my usual daily walk as I'm expecting my every two week cleaning lady sometime today.  She usually comes early in the morning, but I think the company is trying to get all the holiday cleaning done early so their employees will have time to do their Christmas shopping.

I'm still in my P.J's, but need to get dressed soon.  Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

Mary Ann

It's been a busy morning and Robin is here early so I'm still busy.  I had my hair cut this morning by a new stylist and I like the results so far.  The proof of the pudding will come when I wash it and comb it out - how it looks then.  This woman works every other week, so I am changing my every-five-week schedule to every-four-weeks.  It it does not work out, we'll go back to the five weeks, but at a different day and time.

Robin coming at 11 am instead of 3 pm made things a bit crowded, but it did not inconvenience me; I'm available almost any hour of the day.

Jan, her mother and her nephew Jared joined us for brunch this morning after my haircut so we heard more about Jan's accident; she fell on the ice as she went to work.  She broke a finger on her left hand and broke off a chunk on another finger.  She will have surgery Christmas Eve Day and will be off work for several weeks.  Fortunately for Jan the accident happened on hospital time and property.

I need a nap but I'll wait until Robin leaves.

Mary Ann 

Marilyne

Mary Ann - Sounds like Jan's accident was serious, if she has to have surgery?  She has lots of responsibilities, but it seems like she always has a positive attitude about everything, in spite of the obstacles that get in her way. I hope her surgery will be successful.  Glad you got a new hairdresser, who looks like a winner.  As you said, you won't know if the cut was a good one, until after you wash it!

We're leaving in a few minutes, for a quick trip to Tuesday Morning and Bass Pro, for a few more presents.  Then we'll be finished with the Christmas shopping. (Famous last words!)  ::)  I love to go to Bass Pro during the Christmas season, and sit on a bench and watch the little kids when they interact with Santa Claus.  They have a great Santa, there, and he looks authentic and spends time with each little one.  I sit and relax, and AJ spends the time looking at all the "guy stuff" . . . fishing, hunting, boating, and all sports equipment. It's a huge warehouse of a store with amazing decorations, and all sorts of different departments.  Then we'll eat lunch at the cafe there. Mostly soup, salads and sandwiches, but very good.

Mary Ann

Marilyn, I think Jan's accident was serious and she's fortunate it was her left hand because she is right handed; she can do a little with her right hand whereas if she was left handed, she'd be out of business!  Her cast covers her lower arm down to her fingers and about an inch of her fingers are out of the cast.  There is not comparison to when I fractured my left wrist.  That was comical because the first day I had the mesh cast on, the cast came off during the night.  The casts were easy to slip off.  When the nurse was going to cut off the last cast, she went for scissors and in the meantime, I slid off the cast before she got back.  She was surprised I could get the cast off. 

I found out Cabela's which we have here is part of Pro Bass.  None of my family are hunters or outdoor people so I haven't been there.  It's not in our neighborhood.

Robin has left and she will not be here next week (Christmas Eve Day) but will be here New Year's Eve Day.  She said she has to work New Year's Day anyway.  That's what happens when you work for a hospital.

The sun is shining!  Nice day, but it's only 34 degrees.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
...i can see that you are looking in..it is 5.50.am ( yes just about to make my first mug of tea of the day as i am now up for the day ahead of me, ) here in UK and i am guessing nighttime-bedtime for you in Denver so i shall say a good morning and a good night to you..although no day is a good day - morning for me since i lost my Richard...just the "art of survival.."

Denver

Not much to say, but I do want you all to know how much I appreciate all of your kind comments as well as the positive thoughts and prayers for Michele and the family😍

MARY ANN, you sure have been more active and have been visiting with a lot of family lately.  Happy for you.  Jan's fall certainly did not sound good...glad it was her left hand that had the damage.  It gave me a fright to read your comment that Robin will not be there next week....it will be Christmas Eve.....the time is just passing much too quickly for me🤣🤣. Glad you were happy with your hair cut 😘

MARILYNE, hope you enjoyed your shopping trip to Bass Pro Shop.  They are interesting places and I have heard the food is pretty good in their restaurant. 

Thank you, PATRICIA, for the info about chocolate...how interesting.

JEAN, I have heard a lot of nice things about the prepared holiday meals from Whole Foods.  I hope you enjoy your meal and your company....it sounds very nice.  When our son lived in London the6 ordered a traditional turkey dinner from Whole Foods and said it was great.   

JACKIE, a good morning to you.  I hope you are enjoying your cup of tea.  I am so happy to read that Vivienne and her friend surprised you by coming for a visit.  I do hope the visit went well and you have a good feeling about how she is doing.  I am sad that the neighbors are not friendly and therefore do not show you an6 kindness at all.  I sure would not hurt them to just knock and give you a cheery hello.  My neighbors are not that outgoing either, but two of them we keep tabs on either on the telephone or on line.  People just do not seem to be that anxious to go out of their way to be friendly.  I will say, they all wave if they see you out or in your car. 

The news is on, and even though I do not like anything they have to say, I do want to watch the weather.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Mary Ann

Jenny, when we/I were young, we didn't have TV or computers and people were more neighborly.  My mother and one neighbor made donuts for the two families, my mother also communicated by "sign language" through the windows with our next door neighbor.  Mother did not drive, so if she went anywhere, someone had to take her or pick her up.  That isn't true today.  My mother did not work outside the house such as women do today.  It's an entirely different world and not necessarily a better world.  I barely know one neighbor and maybe the other a bit better.  When I was treasurer of our association, I knew everyone and now I know hardly anyone.  That's progress???

Good morning, Jackie.  I watch a site with freighters on the St Clair River which runs between the US and Canada on the east side of Michigan, where I live.  There are monitors to show the ships or just put the camera on automatic if no ships are on their way.  Anyway, one of the monitors lives in Liverpool England.  It amazes me that people all over can monitor those cameras.  The monitors must be knowledgeable about the camera but it still amazes me.

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Is that where W. A. Stainer lives, Mary Ann? I knew was in England, but I didn't know where. When I looked in a little while ago, it was snowing again at Port Huron. Marine City looked clear. Watched the Roger Blough coming upriver there. Algonac is still down. Bummer. Too bad, the other day CG Hollyhock was docked there overnight. I would have liked to see that.

There is nothing special on my agenda today, but I will have to get myself to the grocery store or Walmart to pick up some more cat litter today or tomorrow.

Mary Ann

MarsGal, every so often Stanier or others would mention him living in Liverpool.  I have noticed some of them have pictures beside their posts and he is one who does. 

A man from California used to be a monitor on the St Clair River but I notice he is a monitor for the Alaska air base at Anchorage.  I think D-Mack lives in Marine City because he often sits on the bench by the lighthouse and feeds squirrels and doves.  He also is responsible for getting the ships to salute; he has a marine radio and had made acquaintance with some of the pilots.

I stayed in bed until nearly 8:30 this morning, but this is my second time up.  I was ready to come in here about 3:30, turned on my lamp, turned around and there was the cat wanting attention.  I turned out the light, got back in bed and petted him for a while and he stayed about a half hour.  He also was there when I got up this time, but nature called and I continued in here afterward and I think Kendrick is still on my bed.  He likes it there.

Yesterday was busy what with getting a haircut and having Robin here.  I think today will be more quiet, with nothing scheduled unless I do what I want to do.  Everything I might want to do, needs to be done. 

It is 16 degrees now and we may get all the way up to 18 or 20 degrees. 

Mary Ann

SCFSue

Good morning, Bait and Tacklers!  I have been up for a while, had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen.  I am still sitting here in my P.J's, though.  I need to shower and dress as my friend Carolyn is going to pick me up about 10:50 to drive me to the Moore's Mill Club for our final luncheon meeting of this year.  I finished reading the morning paper, too, so I'm ready for my shower.

Have a nice day, Every Bait and Tackler!  And an almost Merry Christmas to Everyone!
Sue

Marilyne

Good to see so many posts here this morning.  I love coming to S&F with my cup of coffee, and finding so many interesting messages to read. Starts my day out in a good way!

Everyone's comments on the unfriendliness of neighbors is certainly true here as well.  Such a drastic change from what things were like, not so long ago.  Not even any "waving" going on here.  I always wave if I'm coming or going in the car, and happen to see a neighbor. Whether a man or a woman, they usually just look surprised - almost kind of startled- and don't respond.  I know the  last name of only one neighbor on my street of 14 houses, only because we occasionally get their mail delivered here by mistake.  When that happens, we  put the mail in the RFD box in front of said house, and that's it.  Another thing I notice, is that no one is ever out in front, or in their front yard.  They all have workers who come once a week and mow the lawn, trim, clean up leaves, etc.  I will say, that a few houses have some beautiful Christmas decorations out this year.  Every elaborate and nice to look at.  They all use professional companies who come and put up the lights and the displays.

Mary Ann - Yes,  BassPro, bought out Cabela's not long ago.   I wish retail companies wouldn't sell out like that, but they all do it.  Whole Foods, was bought out by Amazon a couple of years ago.  Most other big lucrative retail companies, are becoming part of Amazon. I'm sure some day in the near future, Bass Pro will become part of the Amazon conglomerate!!  :yikes: 
About fifteen years ago, we drove to Chicago, and stopped at the original Cabela's, in a small town in Nebraska, right off I-50. It was a spectacular, huge store, and main distribution center for packaging and mailing. It was the main employer for that small town, and now the thousands of people who worked there, are out of a job. Such a sad story.  :(   

Mary Ann

Marilyn, while I have no reason to go to Cabela's, when Tom lived in Boyne City and James was young, had to be about 20 years ago, we went to Cabela's in Gaylord MI.  I was very surprised at the variety of things in the store.  But Gaylord is hunting country, so why not?  James had inherited an old rifle from his other grandfather and he wanted to put a sight/site on it.  The salesman advised James against doing that because the rifle was old and a sight would spoil the value.  James listened to the salesman. 

I've just had breakfast and I'm dressed for the day.  Kendrick is napping on my bed and I imagine he will be out here soon.  Tom has gone to lunch with a friend.  He has trouble with what is available to eat that is within his calorie count.  He has lost 15 pounds so far and tries to stick within his limits.  Restaurants don't help and he is not eating out as often as he had been. 

I think I wrote about this the other day - Tom was very hungry and his soup at lunch did not last, so he went to Applebee's and had a steak (sizzler?).  He offered to bring back something for me and I chose noodles, chicken and broccoli.  When I saw what they had for me - there was enough for at least three, if not four, meals.  My appetite is not the same as a big man.  I will have some for lunch today, maybe some tomorrow, the rest will be disposed of. 

Sue, I hope your final luncheon of the year was good and tasty with good conversation.  My retiree group does not get together in the winter months, primarily because a couple of them go south and that leaves three of us and we decided to wait until Spring.

Mary Ann

FlaJean

Hope everyone is doing OK on this chilly Wed.  Have to go and get ready for my 6 mo. Visit with my ophthalmologist.

I notice on the weather app that the weather will be warming up during the week of Christmas.  I'm ready for a few days of warmer weather.

We know a few neighbors on our street.  The kind of neighbors that are friendly and wave when they see you but seem very busy with their jobs and family.  Several of our neighbors are retired but most of them are much younger than we are.  We live close to a large air base so there are new people moving in and out except on our street where most of the people have been here for a few years and only one family has school age children.

Nice reading all the posts today.  Thinking of everyone and hope everything is going good.

CallieOK

Well, Piffle!  Was all ready to click "Post" and got the dreaded "no internet connection" notice.  Of course, it came back on as soon as the post disappeared.  >:(

When I moved to this "duplex complex" 18 years ago, the neighbors on my street and around the block often sat in their driveways on nice evenings.  Strolling around visiting was a great way to get acquainted. Now, most of those residents have left and the ones who moved in aren't interested in strolling and visiting. 

We also had a Book Club and a Ladies Lunch Bunch that met at some local restaurant every month. They are no longer in existence.  One or two people try to put together a Social of some kind a couple of times a year - but it's never something that encourages getting to know one another....particularly those of us who aren't "coupled".
I've become good friends with the current lady who lives on the other side of my duplex.  The couple next door are almost too friendly so I have to be careful how much I "let them in".    I'm sometimes tempted to offer finding an orphan so they can check off two "Good Deeds" at once.  (<Okay - I'll go sit in the corner until I can behave!  :-X  :sealedlips:  ) 

Preparations for The Big Adventure continue.  I was able to put a Hold on the newspaper via phone but needed to go to the post office to put a Hold on the mail and mail some things I didn't want to put in the mailbox.  I gritted my teeth this morning and decided to Get It Done..no matter how long I had to wait.

Glory Be!  There was a parking space right in front of the door, three efficient clerks working and NO LINE!  Amazing!I

I put some round steak, potatoes and baby carrots in the slow cooker this morning.  Will enjoy some for dinner and freeze the rest for meals when I get home.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

angelface555

Good morning from Interior at zero degrees. Our low last night and tonight were/will be minus four. I don't remember who asked, but my balcony doors, screen, and main door's weatherstripping are on the building's replacement list. The doors have long four-foot narrow windows on both sides. My almond blinds are vertical, and any air seeps through them. Usually, I leave them open for the light.

It was so lovely, as Marilyne mentioned to see so many posts. I have nothing going on except a trip to the market this afternoon. I'm one of those supposedly unfriendly neighbors as when I was working, I spent forty plus hours weekly in middle management, positions that are nominally stressful and underpaid. You deal with both customer, corporate, and staff issues. When I had time off, I mainly wanted to wallow in silence.

In retirement, I don't have the same interests as many living here, either spending the majority of my days at the smoking area across the street or hanging out in the first floor breakroom, gossiping, or intently watching anyone in the breakroom or mailroom.

The guys who used to spend time having snacks and coffee in the breakroom are all gone now, as are the snacks and coffee.  I spend most of my time in my apartment or my floor if not out and about with longtime friends or as I believe Callie used to say, "hunting and gathering."And I'm in the majority here.

MaryAnn, I feel for Tom as it's hard anytime, but especially during the holidays where eating is celebrated! I looked up some options.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+eat+at+resturants+while+dieting&t=ffnt&ia=web

I've lost seventeen pounds in the last two months and have thirty pounds remaining. This is after gaining twenty pounds the previous eleven months while telling myself I was going to diet soon.  I have a chocolate or vanilla Ensure at breakfast and dinner and a protein lunch under 500 calories. I also drink 64 ounces of regular water daily. I don't buy the plastic bottles of water filled from some other city's water supply.

It's cheaper homegrown and cold in a two-gallon glass jug in the fridge alongside the cold Ensure. At first, I wanted to eat more, and then my hunger became more about listening. Was I famished, or was it just a habit or a symptom of thirst or boredom? My appetite has decreased, or at least my expectations have. It's the exercise that I have a problem with, as I have so little coordination. I have enough trouble staying upright at this age.

I learned a long time ago that I deal best with extremes. I don't do well with moderation. I'm one of those who mentally jumps off a cliff, so I have to do something. It works for me.

"I'm sometimes
tempted to offer finding an orphan so they can check off two "Good
Deeds" at once.  (<Okay - I'll go sit in the corner until I can
behave!      )  " Callie, I so agree! I feel like that every time I venture to the mailroom!

angelface555

Why Speaking to Yourself in the Third Person Makes You Wiser
Give it a try, you might be surprised.

"We credit Socrates with the insight that 'the unexamined life is not worth living' and that to 'know thyself' is the path to true wisdom. But is there a right and a wrong way to go about such self-reflection?

Simple rumination – the process of churning your concerns around in your head – isn't the answer. It's likely to cause you to become stuck in the rut of your own thoughts and immersed in the emotions that might be leading you astray. Certainly, research has shown that people who are prone to rumination also often suffer from impaired decision making under pressure, and are at a substantially increased risk of depression."

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-speaking-to-yourself-in-the-third-person-makes-you-wiser?utm_source=pocket-newtab

angelface555

When shoveling a driveway, everyone needs one of these!

https://tinyurl.com/s4sdowl

Mary Ann

Patricia, for the size of the drive that was plowed, it is a neat gadget.  For any drives I've had, it would not be cost effective.  But what a neat vehicle. 

Mary Ann

Sandy

It had me fooled until I saw the
man walking around it...   Boy am
I gullible !!!!    At the end it went on
to seeing how they plow the train  rails
up in the mountains.      A lot of work
to keep commerce moving.

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Sandy, the machine did look like it was large but when I saw the man, I knew it wasn't man-sized.  I also could see the dummy inside the cab.  I think something like that vehicle could be of help to places with large parking areas.  I wonder if they are available.

Cold here now, 22 degrees, but the sun is shining!  I really don't care since I don't go outside much after the air cools off in the fall. 

I thought I wrote about Tom, Annie and me eating at Applebee's on the west side last night.  If I did, I wonder where.  Annie and Tom did most of the talking, especially about Annie's job and future.  I got a box for the leftover food, then, in helping me, Annie put the box down and there it stayed; it did not make it home. 

Lots of whitecaps on Lake Michigan this morning.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Patricia - We never have snow, but if we did, that cute little guy in his machine, would be just the thing for my long sloping driveway and flat parking area! 

Mary Ann - I didn't see a post from you, about going to dinner with Tom and Annie, at Applebee's?  So, I'm guessing that Annie has a new job, and no longer works for her SO?  Good that she is independent!  :thumbup:    

Callie - I'll be looking forward to hearing about your Christmas  trip to Wisconsin, to watch Miss Ellen's musical performance!  Keep us posted, if you have a tablet or laptop?  Also, I'm sure lots of pictures will be taken, so hope to see them when you return. 

Jean - I'm wondering about your grandson, and how he is doing?  You mentioned that your dil was flying out here to CA, to see him.  I'll be thinking about you and Larry, and your family, and hoping that everything is looking better?

FlaJean

Marilyne, our grandson is on two different medications plus some morphine for pain.  Some new type of treatments.  He no longer drives so his wife has to take him to work and back.  His employer has been very accommodating and he is still working as his wife is a stay at home mom.  So Our daughter-in-law is helping with the children and enjoying some time with Jason while she can.

It is cold here for several days.  It got down to 30F during the night.  Supposed to warm up considerably next week and I'm looking forward to a few warmer days.

My eye appointment went well yesterday.  Then we went out for lunch at Outback.  I just had a delicious baked potato and some cooked fresh veggies and Larry had twelve big fried shrimp which he said was very good.  He brought half his shrimp home to eat today.

Goodness, it is already 1:30 ct.  Have a few things to do.

Hope everyone is ok.

Mary Ann, I've left my leftovers after having them put in a bag (like Annie did), so now Larry puts them on his side of the table while I'm getting my coat on.  He doesn't trust my "one track" mind 😁.

CallieOK

Marilyne,  I will have my Tablet but not sure how good wi-fi will be in our AirB&B. I'm going to download several e-books from the library "just in case".
Will certainly share pictures if/when I can.

Mary Ann,  I don't know how many take home boxes I've left on a restaurant table!  Our Applebee's closed for some unknown reason; they were in a good location and seemed to be busy.  I liked their food.

Dryer just "yoo-hooed".  That means I have some things to put in the suitcase.

TTYL