Random Image

Sun

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:35:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFSue

Good morning, Bait and Tacklers.  I've had breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen, and dressed to go to my son's house in Opelika (next city/town nearby). I think his wife will be coming to pick me up.  Tim will probably be doing the cooking.

I hope Every One has a Happy Easter and good times with your families.  Enjoy!

Sue

FlaJean

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JeanneP

:hb2: :hb2: :hb2:

Marilyne

JeanneP  -  Wishing you a Happy Birthday!  You will have to celebrate alone today, but maybe you can bake yourself a cake or cookies to enjoy?   Hold onto hope, that there are good times ahead.  Next year will be better.

:happybday:

CallieOK

Sandy

Fe one Easter Morning in their yard..
The coat was given to Madison  20 years
ago by Madison's Uncle ... He bought it on the
Great Wall of China !!
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Marilyne

Sandy  -  An adorable picture of Fe!  Love the coat, the bike, the shoes, and the little helmet on the doll!   :)

FlaJean

Beverly

Beverly

Happy Easter Everyone!

Hope you all had a good day.

JeanneP

Jackie.
Good. You bought yourself a nice big TVfor your birthday. Last year I went all out and bought a car for my BD. So this year thank goodness I could not go shopping.
Hope your TV working good.
JeanneP

JeanneP

Sandy.
Now that is so cute. Se is having a happy Easter.
JeanneP

Denver

🐥 H A P P Y  E A S T E R 🐥

Like many have stated, this was one very different Easter for all of us. 

We watched two different services on the TV.  Appreciated having them to watch, but it just was not right😩😢. This morning I had a bit of a pity party, I am sorry to admit.  I think the snow and gloominess had a lot to do with it😢. 

We talked to all of the family and FaceTime'd with all 4 sons and their families. Everyone is doing well, and getting through this quarantine time the best they can.  I am proud of all of them as they have not ventured out of the home except for Dave to go to work, and Michele to go to chemo and associated appointments.  Tomorrow Michele has to go for her PET scan...🙏🙏🙏.

I am very sad that you have not been able to post MARY ANN❣️ I wish someone from the family could come in and give us a update on how you are doing.  You are missed so much😩😢

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES, JEANNE. I do not know if your day is the 11th or today, Easter?  I hope it was a nice one for you.

Sleep well and bless you all.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

I too have been concerned that we are not hearing any updates or seeing any postings from  MaryAnn..

Jenny...
...wishing for a good update re, Michelle's chemo and PET Scan report..

I still have not received my needed antibiotic-penicillin medication for my spreading leg cellulitis, nor have any idea as to when it will arrive bearing in mind the GP surgery and Chemist is closed for the Easter weekend...I had been told that the queue outside the chemist keeping the required distance was very long...

Sandy...
...your Fe is adorable, and her " coat of many colours, " now where have i heard that before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h7gplRFyXY

" There is no present like the time "

Sandy

Whoops...
lost my post ... just wanted to
thank everyone for the nice comments
about Fe in her "coat of many colors" ..

Have a good day,  everyone and try not
to get too depressed...  cleaning and
organizing helps me to fight off
the blahs...  as much as possible. 

All is well here..
Have a good week.
love Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

so_P_bubble

Fe's coat could rival with biblical Joseph's "coat of many colors"!  She is a lovely child and very caring of her doll's safety :) 

Marilyne

Good Morning to everyone.  A cool and cloudy start to the day, but I'm hoping for some warm sunshine by afternoon.

Fe's picture also made me think of, "Joseph, and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".  That's a unique musical, and one that I've enjoyed watching a number of times, by local theater groups.  My daughter was in one production when she was a teenager.  She was one of the chorus/dancers in the background. 

Jenny  - I've been thinking about Michele, throughout this shelter-in-place.  It must be hard for her to continue on with the exhausting chemo, and have the three children at home, 24/7.  I know they're old enough to understand and to help, to a certain extent, but kids are kids, and need to work off that endless energy!  I hope they have a large yard, or an area where they can walk or ride bikes? (wearing masks, and social distancing of course!).  I'll be praying for good news on her Pet Scan.

Jackie  - That's a long time to go without your much needed antibiotics!!  Call again today, and remind them that you are still there, and getting worse!  They are maybe focused on Coronavirus, and have forgotten that there are hundreds of other people out there who have serious illnesses that need treating - besides CV. 

About 8:15 here,  so I'll try to find something to eat for breakfast, besides oatmeal!  I dislike oatmeal, and always have, but I eat it when there is absolutely nothing else.  Tomorrow, we expect to pick-up again from Safeway, so I'm hoping we'll get lucky, and most of our order will be filled.   

SCFSue

Good morning, all you Bait and Tacklers--and a heart felt HELLO to Mary Ann.  I hope you are feeling much better this morning, Mary Ann.  I'm keeping you in my prayers and hope you'll be feeling super great ASAP!

Sue

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne..
..thankfully my medication should now be sorted after umpteen phone calls and my GP phoning me and telling me she is informing the chemist that this is an urgent order to be delivered to me, it was already with the chemist...I have also just gotten off the phone as GP informed me the chemist is open for a few hours this afternoon-evening, It was confirmed they have it and will deliver to my home, hopefully all is as it should be and all my medications should arrive very soon at my front door, hopefully tomorrow...My regular GP said she is issuing a second, to take along-side the other visiting GP's antibiotic-penicillin recommendation...i shall be taking four a day of one, and two a day of the other antibiotics-penicillin..my next BP med's are also on there way..plus a course of anti-depressants, the  ibuprofen or paracetamol i told her i shan't take, i shall be giving them a miss...I shall use a term that my late father often would say " i will soon be taking enough tablets to make me rattle if i was turned upside down..."

Our UK weather for the past few weeks has been dry-warm and sunny, not sure how many will venture out and about over this Easter holiday but the constant news reminders is to not slack on keeping distance if the weather and holiday period encourages people-families out, they keep reminding us to not undo what we have already achieved over these past few lock-down weeks..

Bubble - Marilyne...
..yes that was the first thing i thought of..." Josephs Technicolor Dreamcoat."

JeanneP

Don't think I will count my Birthday which was April 12. Just write it off this year.
I did get lots of time on the phone, Facebook, Facetime and Messinger. . Thank goodness we have those things. My Family are many miles away. The weather was nice and so at least could have the door opened and go outside some. Will make up the birthday later. My E-M is saying that 2 deliveries will be arriving to day and so one will be a surprise.
JeanneP

JeanneP

my windows has gone crazy. Screen now as wide as it goes and I can't click above to make it smaller. Also just jumping all over. If I move my typing down then it just moves back up to the start of posting again.  This message has vanished twice.  Will just turn everything down for awhile and see if it takes care of itself. Not in the mood to play with it.
JeanneP

Vanilla-Jackie

Jeanne P...
... i am wondering if you can left click your mouse, holding it down, then you can move your screen around so as to click your button at the top to make the page smaller..or maybe you accidentally made the screen wider by pressing F11 button which makes the screen fill out wider and lose the top-bar, the menu bar..

MarsGal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN2eGIOLLIc

This is the Peregrine Falcon I saw yesterday at the Port Huron webcam. The original feed was over 40 minutes long, but this bit was pared down and includes most of the part I saw. What a beautiful bird.

Many of the ships are currently hunkering down or hugging the coast from Lake Huron through Lake Erie. Because of the wind, the flags were taken down at Port Huron. Saw Spartan come off the lake a while ago with crew on deck adding extra tie-downs to things on deck. She is currently parked just below Port Huron at the moment rather than continue to her destination. Seems the tornado watch/warnings go the whole way up to Ontario. One commenter said DC is/was getting quite a lightning show. That is one huge storm system.

We had rain a while back, but the sun is shining just now. I don't expect that to last. A quick look out the window shows a bunch of broken clouds moving mostly eastward. I think I will go consult the weather radar maps.

Stay safe everyone. 

Vanilla-Jackie

MarsGal...
... beautiful bird yes, although i would not be wanting to make an enemy of her-him, just seen her-his talons...

CallieOK

MarsGal,  I had watched a short video of the PH falcon. Thanks for the youtube link.  Noticed on chat that all were talking about the weather.

Yesterday began very gloomy but sun came out late morning and the temperature was 70+º. Weather gurus had said an Arctic front would move in early afternoon.  At 1:00 p.m., I noticed big white clouds in the north behind the trees.  Within the next 30 minutes, the clouds gone over and the sky over my house had become dark gray.  The temperature had fallen into the low 40's.
Don't think it's gone much above that today - and we're supposed to have a hard freeze tonight and a dusting of snow tomorrow morning. 
Neighborhood - including my yard - looks odd with shrubs and flowers covered in sheets, newspaper, etc.

My 3rd grader great-niece in Texas is being "home-schooled" right now.  Her mom said she's learning to write letters and needed a pen-pal.  Well - of course, Great Aunt Callie was happy to help.  I received the first letter from her last Saturday.  She told me about a book she'd read and asked about some family history that went with the subject of the book.
So I've spent the afternoon looking at genealogy albums and replying.  Hope she doesn't think "TMI", Aunt Callie - TMI" when she gets it.  ;)  I mentioned reading "Mary Poppins" and "The Story of Dr. Doolittle" when I was her age and asked if she'd seen the movies.  Then I commented that the actors certainly didn't look like the illustrations in the books. 

Jackie,  surely do hope your medication issue gets straightened out ASAP.  Sounds as if you finally have someone who listens and takes action - and that's A Good Thing!

Hope Everyfriend has had as Merry a Monday as possible.
Onward and Upward....

JeanneP

Jackie
 I was playing with the f11 about a week or so. Will get back on it tomorrow. I have used the iPad today. All o.k on it.
JeanneP

Mary Ann

Greeting from Mary Ann Tock

Mary Ann has had a few good days.  She is very weak but has been able to go from her bed to the living room to sit. On Easter both of my children were able to visit along a long time family friend Robin who has been going through pictures and family memories with her. This is a delight to Mary Ann. Jan, my brother's widow has moved in to help. She was a hospice nurse for 20 years so she is an incredible help to us all. IMG_1735.jpg

Joy

YEA !!!!  How nice to see Mary Ann sitting up in her chair.  So happy that you must be improving that you could get out of your room to sit in the living room,.  You look good !  I am glad that Jan will be staying with you for a while.  She will be a big help in helping you to regain your strength.  Just take one day at a time and don't rush.  I think it is a big step just getting  from one room to the next.  I can imagine how good that made you feel.  So happy to see you.!

Joy
BIG BOX

Marilyne

Mary Ann  - 
So good to SEE you!  We've all missed you so much.  It sounds like you had a nice Easter, with Annie and Tom both there with you, as well as Robin, Jan and James!   I hope you continue to improve, and that you will soon feel well enough to join us here again, in Bait and Tackle.   Until then I'll be thinking about you, and praying for your recovery.

From your friend -  Marilyn

CallieOK

Mary Ann, how wonderful to see you and that Jan will be with you. So happy you were able to enjoy Easter with family.

Prayers and Good Wishes for continuing recovery and being able to join in the conversations here very soon.

Sandy

Hi MaryAnn!!!

So good to see you!
Great picture!!   

I am so glad that Jan is
there with you all while you are
recuperating..

Great Picture ! (oh I already
said that!)  But it is worth
repeating... 

I hope that you can stay in
touch more and more as you are