Random Image

exit.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 06:09:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-05-02, 00:44:41
Oldiesmann: Relevant links can be found in topics in the Homemaking, Food & Garden board. I'll see about moving them over to articles here when I get a chance.

2024-05-02, 00:07:54
Oldiesmann: Found them. They're on the CP site: https://www.christianphotographers.com/recipes/recipeindex.html

2024-05-01, 23:57:58
Oldiesmann: I'm not finding anything related to recipes on the site. I'll do some digging through the Internet Archive and see if I can dig them up. It's possible that got lost in the big server crash back in 2016

2024-05-01, 17:21:56
JeanneP: I am trying to get into the Archives of the Recipes that where moved over from Senior net few years ago, Can't find them

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

Good Afternoon Everyone !

It is still Chilly here on the rocky
coast of Maine, but certainly not Winter
Chilly. more like Spring Chilly. 

I have been preparing to make some
face masks..  I have been doing  a lot
or research on YouTube and will let
my daughter Kelly critique them ,  before
starting to make a lot of them. 

Mine will be plain and made out of 100% Cotton
Sheets..  Lot's of material to make lots
of Facemasks. 

From what they are predicting we are in
for a very long haul of fighting
the Covid_19 Virus...

So I hope to  spend most of my time
sewing these masks to keep myself from going
completely bored and crazed out of my mind.

It is about all I can do to be of help
during this terrible time.

My family is very supportive of my
doing this... It is a big project for
me and right now I am getting my
apartment set up to start working
on it when all of my supplies
come in. 

That is my story and I am sticking
to it!  LOL!

So far all is well here.. lonely
but well. 

Sandy
 :crazy2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JeanneP

Due to allergies I don't plant any real flowers. Have lots of evergreens that are really nice looking now. I do my garden fall and winter in pots  of artificial flowers. All of the season. People driving bye say how nice yard looks .some think real. This year summer not Ben changed yet. All in fall colors. Most orange. They do have beautiful silk plants now. Use them indoors also. I may just move the indoors out side and replace the indoors with new.
JeanneP

Tomereader1

I seem to remember that in one of these forums, someone posted how you take the skin and bones from a rotisserie chicken, and cook them slowly to make stock.  I
knew if I didn't print it out then, I would forget it.  Well, someone tell me how much water, how long to simmer it.  I have the bones and skin all separated, ready to start.  Someone help please.   Part of the story:  My Kroger had a special 2/$10.00 on the chickens, so I bought two, and took the other one to my neighbor who lives alone and does not (IMHO) eat very much, other than soups.  Anyway, she was going to make a chicken salad for supper, and I would like to provide her with the instructions for making the broth/stock with the remnants.

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

The sky is darkening but weather gurus say "HUGE" hail will be south and east of OKC.  I hope they're right.

Beverly, I'm so sorry about your Oklahoma friend.  The statistics are worse every time a news cast opens its broadcast with them - although the number of recoveries seems to rise, also.  I wish they would start with that statistic instead of the # of new cases!
As of today, almost everything is open again - with "restrictions".  However, I've been in three small stores during the past three days and was the only customer wearing a mask.  Walgreens' clerks were wearing one and had shields at the cash register counters but the workers in Braum's had theirs pulled down below their chins. 

I'm basically caught up on Domestic Duties and Cooking Ahead so am trying to get organized to write the story of my mother and her two sisters.  I have all the genealogy "facts and figures" in albums but would like to write at least a short essay about some of the individuals, particularly the women.  My granddaughters need to know they are descended from strong, independent individuals who had careers before they married - if they did so at all.

My great-niece in Amarillo is, of course, being home-schooled right now and is learning to write letters. So we've become pen pals and her latest letter asks if I know anything about WW1.  (Wondering just how old she thinks I am!  ;D  I don't even remember that much about WW2!!) So I need to look up some details about that, as well.

Off to check the weather report and Get Busy researching...

Hope Everyfriend Everywhere is having an Enjoyable Day.

Beverly

Sandy - Making masks is a great idea. And it also is a good way to pass the time. A lot of people down here have been doing that.

Callie - Our Oklahoma friend died of a heart attack. The Varner family in Bristow owns the Mid-America Stockyards, a livestock auction market.  We first became acquainted with them because they bought Chape's software for livestock markets. As time went on they became more like family than friends. Chape said the same thing about the grocery store here. Hardly anyone wore a mask, except him! I hope the hail missed you.         

Tomereader - I make chicken stock but don't have a recipe. I usually put in enough water to cover the chicken, add an onion and salt and pepper.

Marilyne - I hope you'll be able to get out soon. I wouldn't have gone but I can't imagine Chape picking out sympathy cards for me.  :) We were ordering all our groceries delivered but with so few people in the stores near closing time, Chape started to do some of the shopping himself. I find it helpful to go for a ride around town once in awhile. You mentioned that you were more of a "city girl". I posted a picture of the farm where I was born over in Photos.

Jean - I love vincas (the red ones, especially) and plant them in planters......so easy and they add color to the yard. I'm not familiar with agapanthus and will have to look it up.

Happy news for us! Our son, Michael, put an offer on a house not far from us and his offer was accepted! He will only be here part time as he still has his house in Vermont.

Good night Jackie, Jeanne P, SFCSue.

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone
from the Parly Cloudy but warming
up and Windy, Rocky Coast of Maine.

I have also chosen to get into
Mask Making for a couple of
reasons.. Primarily because I
need something to do to feel
useful durning this Covid_19
Pandemic.    And I have a big
family that is in need of Masks..

IMHO,  Covid is going to be around
for a very long time..  coming and
appearing to be going,  but returning.. 

Because of this belief i have
(coming, going,  and returning)
this virus will be us wearing
masks on and off, in and out,
for a very long time. 

So I am going to take it slow
and easy and try to make enough
masks to help my family and friends

Mostly,  I am fighting off
bordom and depression which I
think is lurking in my vicinity.
 :tickedoff:

And my cure for this is to make
a plan to do something and
follow through with it.

Since I had the Cataract removed
from my right eye,  I can
see better out of it so it
will be easier for me to thread
my needle on my sewing machine. 
Which was a problem for  me
for many years. 

Not so bad now.  In another
week or so, should be ready
to start producing.   :idiot2:

Have a good weekend everyone, 
and good to hear from you all. 

Sandy
 :smitten:

― Carl Sagan

SCFSue

Good morning, all you Bait and Tacklers.  I slept until 10:30 this morning, but have managed to fix and eat breakfast, dress for outside and walked 3 blocks down to the corner of my street.  So I'm planning to spend time reading this afternoon.

I hope every one looking in is having a nice day.  Take care, Every Buddy.
Sue

JeanneP

Beautiful day here today. Not going far away from house though. May take a sweeper and a Printer out to drop off where they take most things. Just have to drop them behind the building.
Don't go to any stores on Saturdays. But can pick up outside the library at 3pm some books that I have had ordered for 2 months. Can't return any so doubt will be any new this year ones giving out. Don't care as Iwill read anything right now.
I will take a good walk late in the day. seems that I sleep much better when I do that. Getting 9 hours sleep these days.
JeanneP

FlaJean

A bright and warm sunny day.  This has been a slow day.  We drove by McDonald's and got a hamburger and French fries for lunch and now I'm sleepy.

We have masks left from when we used to do a lot of yard work.  Both of us have allergies so we both used the masks.  Now we are using them for a different reason.  When we go to the store all the clerks wear masks and about half of the customers.

There just isn't much to write about.  When I worked. I loved the weekends but now they just seem to drag, especially when you are stuck at home.

I hope everyone is doing well and having a pleasant day.

Denver

A late night HELLO to EVERYFRIEND. 

I am grumbling over accidentally deleting my basic message on notes as well as a whole page of information I have had for years.  It always amazes me that one movement my "happy fingers" can be so devastating😩😢

JACKIE, you mentioned you are nearly finished with the pills given to you for the cellulitis but you did not mention if you think they have helped you?  Sounds like you have had some side effects you could well do with out!  Oh how I wish you could wave that magic wand too, to help Michele through these next treatment. Thank you for the kind words. 

SANDY, thankfully you realize you need something to help you through the doldrums of this stay at home orders.  I ho0e making the masks will give you a boost.  I feel the sorriest for our single friends that have been alone for so long.  At least with a spouse we have someone to talk and interface with🤪

BEVERLY, I went in a grocery store for the first time yesterday and it really felt strange and I could not wait to get out of there.  I thought I would really enjoy it🤪. It was not the plan, but when we parked there were very few cars, so I made the decision to go in.  The few people around me were very good to distance from me.....I bought six items and out the door I went! Happy to read that your son has purchased a home near you.  How exciting! 

MARILYNE, I read and saw on the news about the young man killed by the shark.....how sad.  We stopped by Dave and a Michele's today to have a distanced visit.  Dave was putting a new bike together for Michele.  They did not mention the MRI conference results, and I will be honest I did not want to mention it unless they did.  I will ask Dave in a private conversation but never in front of the children.  I hope and pray the news confirmed what Dave was already told. 🙏🙏

It is late and I must say goodnight.  Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

MarsGal

Good morning, all. The news from you all is mostly encouraging. I hope things keep improving.

Rather than doing a lot of reading the last few days, I've been spending my time cleaning out more stuff that needs gone. What a slow process. Also, I have been doing some online shopping for non-grocery items, things that need replaced like what I have been using for a microwave cart (old computer desk getting grungy), a dish drainer, a document scanner which will replace what is left of an old multi-function copier which is taking up space on the floor, and new speakers for my new computer; the old ones will go back to the old computer which still needs fixed, or get pitched if I can't fix it. It sure looks like I got tired of reading for a while and have gone into shopping spree mode.

Our local theater group has cancelled more plays for the year and rescheduled the two they are keeping to the fall. One of the cancelled play is Thirty-Nine Steps. I read the book and saw the movie years ago and was very much wanting to see the play. I think they are planning to reschedule some or all those that were cancelled to next year. Meanwhile, my sister is unwilling to cancel our day trip to Philadelphia's Fairmount Park in August. We already paid for the trip before the virus hit. The bus company has not sent any notice of cancellation, but I am a bit leery of going near Philly this year since it was so hard hit by the virus.

Today or tomorrow I plan on mowing the front yard. Hopefully, the humidity will be down a little. Right now it is still cloudy and damp.

Beverly

Good morning. Where is everyone hiding this week-end?

Marilyne - I hope we'll hear from you today.

Jean - This isolation and boredom is getting to all of us. I'm a "homebody" but I'm really missing contact with real live people!

The night before last I had a sleepless night so yesterday was a bad day. I took melatonin last night and slept very well.

Jenny - Michael is buying the house sight unseen....He's been looking for a long time. He plans on re-doing the inside with ceramic tile floors, etc. We've seen the house but haven't been inside.

MarsGal - This is a good time to clean out stuff. We're doing the same thing. Our computer room/office is getting a complete overhaul. Now, if I could only get the courage to attack my walk-in closet!  ::)

Marilyne

Good Morning! So good to see so many messages when I looked in this morning.  Yes, I have been MIA the past couple of days - (missing in action).   No excuses . . . certainly isn't that I've been busy with social activities! ha ha.  It is amazing, how quickly the time flies by every day.  I thought the days would drag, but instead it's just the opposite.  I putter around the yard watering the potted plants, and setting the sprinkler here and there.  Sometimes I just sit out in back and watch the birds coming and going in our bird bath.

Beverly - That's very brave of Michael, to buy a house sight-unseen!  I know lots of young people do that now.  The virtual home tours on-line, are so detailed and realistic that I guess you feel like you have seen it in person.  I know I enjoy looking on the computer, at the homes for sale here in my town . . . still, I can't imagine actually buying one without seeing it up close and personal.  Times have changed, in so many ways!   
What brand of Melatonin, do you buy?  I tried it years ago, and it didn't seem to help me relax, but I would like to give it another try.

Jenny - I'm hoping that Michele's conference on Friday, was encouraging.  I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to ask, in front of the children.   The fact that Dave was putting together a new bike for her to ride, is a good sign!  :thumbup:
Good for you  - taking a walk through the grocery store, and picking out a few items! I haven't been brave enough to enter a store as yet, but will probably give it go this coming week.  We are still on full quarantine here in this county, and probably will be until the end of the month . . . so
that makes me a little leary of going out in public.  We have masks, but only a big box of the disposable paper kind.  Everyone says they are not  good, but I've been hesitant to buy cloth masks online.   We are still ordering our groceries from Safeway, and then picking them up, bring them home and wiping them down.  :(   :P   It has become very tedious, and disappointing, when we only get about half of our order.  I shouldn't complain, as we are not suffering from lack of food, and our son and dil, are still bringing us dinner, a couple of times a week.

MarsGal - Sorry your summer theater season has been cancelled.  Same thing happening here - all plays and concerts have been cancelled.   I remember the movie, "The Thirty-Nine Steps".  I think it was Hitchcock, and was very good?    I've been spending time every day watching some good shows on TV.   Lots of things I've missed in the past, and now catching up on. 

Jean - I haven't been to McDonald's in years, and we have one right here here in town!  That would be a good place to go, to pick up some food, and still be social distancing.  A Big Mac, and some fries, sounds good to me, and may consider it for this evening.

JeanneP - I know you live alone, so I'm glad you're keeping busy, and I hope you're doing lots of cooking?   I know you love to cook, so now is the time to make some things  you've always wanted to try.   My daughter sent me a recipe for a 1930's depression era dessert called Water Pie.  She hasn't made it yet, but it does sound interesting.

Jackie - You're alone too, and probably getting mighty lonesome.  I'm glad your leg is better, and that you're getting regular food delivery, and someone checking in on your health.

Sue - I hope you're taking it easy on your walks, so you'll have no more falls?   You were lucky to be able to get up by yourself.  I hope you always walk with your cell phone or one of those Life Alert buttons?

SCFSue

I'm ready for my (very late) morning walk. However, I needed to call my son/daughter in-law in New Orleans area to thank them for some goodies they sent me.  I still haven't talked to them but hope to do so after I get back up the hill from my walk.

Not much else going on here today.  After my walk, I'll sit down and read.  I've been binging on naval novels written by Patrick O'Brien.  These were some of my late hubby's favorites, too.

I hope every Bait and Tackler is having a nice Sunday.  Take care and enjoy your day!
Sue

FlaJean

A lovely day.  The days are up to the 80° degree stage so it won't be long until we have the heat of summer.

I hear Jeff outside mowing the lawn.  The time does seem to fly by even 'tho we aren't doing anything but a few household chores, cooking a meal.

I read today that some of the sailors on the air craft carrier that had covid-19 have tested positive again after recovering.  I think this virus has been worse than people have realized.

I think of you all and hope everything is going good.

Sandy

Good Sunday Afternoon,  Everyone..

Jenny,  I have lived alone for the last 25 years
and have never felt lonely...   Being single
fits me.  I do well and feel better when I
can choose to spend time with people,  and
also can choose to not spend time with people... 

With the covid_19 I am not able to go
and be with other people when I  would
like.    This is like no isolation that I
have ever experienced.   :crazy2:

That is why for me who live s and loves
living  a solitary life,  I now have  to get used
to living the new isolated life  ...

My keeping busy keeps the bats out
of my belfry !!  (lol)

Sue...  how are you doing?  I don't hear
your cheerful voice posting as much,  and
miss it...    I hope all is well
with you.. 

Have a good week, everyone. 
Sandy
 :smitten: 

― Carl Sagan

CallieOK

Jenny,  I have lived alone for the last 25 years
and have never felt lonely...  I do well and feel better when I
can choose to spend time with people,  and
also can choose to not spend time with people... 

Sandy, thank you for posting this!  I've lived alone for 27 years and feel the same way. Like you, I have family nearby - but we're not in each other's pockets.  Some of my friends seem to get a phone call or text about every 30 minutes. I love my family dearly and never minded Miss Ellen calling at 10:30 p.m. because she "needed to talk to someone and (I was) the only one she knew would be awake" but I would find the "need" to check in all day long very annoying.

Current project is getting materials organized to write a story about the lives of my mother and her two sisters. I've made albums for my late husband and for me.  Now branching out a bit.
Pretty much have the references put into a 3-ring binder with a section for each sister.  The story has been swirling around in my head and I've written a first draft for the Introduction.

Also discovered a list of Available e-books on the metro library web site.  I've been reading these for several years but just now found the list of all that are available.  The list has more than 4,000 pages!!!!  As Miss Ellen said when she got a card for the NYC library,  "Oh, yes!  I'm in heaven!!".

Hope all the Baiters and Tacklers are having an Enjoyable Day.

Tomereader1

Marilyne, I finished watching "Waco" last night.  It was really sad.  I guess I need to get some books about it, as I don't recall any reports of "Steve" shooting Koresh and then himself.  That whole situation was a real effup.
Glad I watched it though.

Denver

Stopping in to say GOOD NIGHT!

Lazy day around here....we did get my outdoor fountain filled and now it is running.  Got the hummingbird feeder filled with the nice sweet water they love and then we just enjoyed a beautiful day.

MARILYNE, good to see your post.  I really enjoy sitting on the patio watching the birds and such doing their thing.  I saw the first blue bird I have ever seen in our yard today.  Many people are commenting on seeing these colorful birds that MUST be someone's pet.....no, seems they are Western Tanagers.  If and when you do venture out be prepared for it to feel REALLY strange!  Almost a bit scary😘

BEVERLY, I hope the home Michael purchased sight unsee; will prove to be a nice home for him. 

SANDY and CALLIE, I am happy to read that you both are happy to be alone and do not mind it one bit.  A couple of the singles that we know do not have children and they are really missing not being able to get out and go to the rec centers to play cards or do what ever they used to do before this virus hit.

JEAN, I read about the sailors that are now reinfected with the virus again.  Very concerning....

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

shirleyn

Joan, just had to stop in for a quick minute to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  :hb3:  :hb2: We made it another year, who'd a thought we would still be here at this age?  And you still trying to catch up with me.  Tee Hee.

shirleyn
(~_~)

SCFSue

Good morning to all you Bait and Tacklers.  We have sunshine here in Auburn, Alabama, and I'm planning a walk downhill shortly.  I hope every one looking in today has a nice day planned.  Take care and enjoy your day!

Sue

Marilyne

shirleyn - Good to see you checking in this morning.  It's been a while since we heard from you, and also from Joan!   Hope we hear from her soon, and more from you! 

wjoan - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!  Hope you have a nice day today, and that you'll soon visit us here in Bait and Tackle!  :) 

Jean - Looks like your usual hot Summer, has almost arrived. I always looked forward to Summer, in the past, but now I find that the heat is too uncomfortable for me.   I can't believe that I used to lie in the sun for hours, at the beach, working on my tan!  :yikes:  Now I'm paying the price, with lots of skin damage.     I did see the story about the sailors on the aircraft carrier, testing positive again, after having already recovered from c-virus.  That's a very scary thing to think about.

Sandy and Callie - My youngest daughter is in agreement with both of you.  She has had no trouble sheltering in place at home, because she's lived alone for a long time. In normal times, she has a full time day job, but always looks forward to going home at the end of the day, and doing whatever she wants to do. I think people tend to adapt to whatever their circumstances are.

Tome - I'm glad you also liked "Waco".  I thought it was very well done, and I do plan to watch some of the documentaries, to see if they fill in some of the details that we are both curious about?

Jenny - I forgot to mention that adorable new picture of Jonah!  He has the cutest smiles, in all of his photos.  I always find myself smiling when I look at him.  Oh how I would love to have a baby or toddler like him, to love and enjoy in my old age!  I'm looking for something useful to do around here today, but all I can think of is shredding old bills and junk mail.  Not a fun task, but has to be done every so often, so I'd better get to it.   

Sue - I admire your self discipline, the way you stick to your morning walk every day!   Just continue to be careful, and don't forget that cell phone!  :)   

FlaJean

It rained all night and just stopped a while ago.  It hasn't rained for several weeks so we can use the rain.  The yard had an irrigation system and pump when we moved here but it was in bad condition.  So Larry had the pump fixed but likes to water our small yard himself.  It rains a lot here so he doesn't have to water often just waters the azaleas and flowers mostly.

It is cool today and feels like a soup day.  I got a few household chores out of the way and need to go fix some lunch.  Marilyne, we enjoyed our McDonald's hamburgers and French fries the other day.  That's only the second time we have gotten take out since Feb., I think.  It seems that one day runs into the next.  I'll be glad when life is back to a safe normal if it ever is.

wjoan

Thank you Shirley and Marilyne.  Am 87 today.  Never thought I would live this long.  Bought me a wheel chair but not an expert on that as yet.

JeanneP

My computer gone crazy and so just delete the last posting as it covering every thing I have been doing on Facebook today. I was just wanting to copy a recipe and short posting in here. Will have to delete my S and f I think and join again. So messed up
JeanneP

FlaJean

Happy Belated Birthday, Joan
 :hb2:

Marilyne

Just a quick hello to everyone.  :)  It's been a busy day so far.  I tried to get two prescriptions renewed at the pharmacy, and they were denied, because the doctor hadn't seen me in over a year.  So I called the office, and was told that the doctor would ordinarily schedule an office visit, but they're only doing video appointments, until the shelter-in-place is over. 

So I had to get my computer set up for a video conference!  Not a simple task!  It took AJ and me, almost an hour to figure it out, but eventually downloaded all the necessary apps.  So the time for the appointment was 12:15 , and she didn't show up until 12:45.  Just like a regular office visit, right? Ha ha!  ::)

She asked lots of health questions, which I had a hard time answering, because she is extremely difficult to understand.  She is from India, and has a strong accent.  Fortunately for me, AJ sat here beside me, and between the two of us, we were able to understand most of what she asked. 

So, I guess this is the latest thing in medicine - video appointments?    Never thought I would live long enough for something like this, but I have, and I had to learn quickly, as to how it works.  I prefer face to face appointments, but I'll get used to this I suppose.  What choice do we have?  :-\

Denver

GOOD AFTERNOON  🦋

It is another hot one in the Mile High City again today, so Bob has cleaned and turned on our A/C.  It does feel nice in here. 

I have finished making a macaroni salad for our dinner.  The food truck is to be here tonight and we are just buy a bit of their sliced brisket and pork, rather than the sandwich with tater tots....of which I do not care much for! 

It was so beautiful out on the deck this morning......my little fountain is up and running and I just love to sit out there and listen to it and watch the birds and wildlife around me.  We have a nice Sonos Speaker that Bob set up for me and played some beautiful music.....I was a happy girl🥰

Thank you for all the nice comments about my Jonah Boy.  He is growing so quickly and I never thought he could get any cuter but by golly he seems to. 

MARILYNE, I feel for you having to do the medical appointment on line with your doctor....but honestly I would not want to be going in to his office right now either.  Sure glad AJ was with you to get the computer set up with the correct down load to do the video chat and to help you listen to understand her questions. 

JOAN, I am sorry I did not get in to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday.  I hope you enjoyed your day and best wishes for many more🎂🎂

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

SCFSue

Good morning, Bait and Tacklers.  I hope everyone is feeling well and having pleasant weather.  I am planning a morning walk (although it will be noon before I make it back up hill!).  I've had breakfast and cleaned up my kitchen, but haven't done much else.  I plan to stay inside and read most of the afternoon.

Enjoy your day, Every Buddy.
Sue

Tomereader1

Marilyne, I had my first TeleVisit back in the latter part of April.  It was accomplished on my phone.  I was really scared when told this was what I had to do, because I'm not the most techy person around.  But once you downloaded the App and answered a few simple questions, it was a breeze.  It went off as scheduled with "no wait" and I had made a list of items I wanted to make sure I discussed with the Doc.  I don't think I could have accomplished this on my computer, as it does not have a microphone where we could hear each other.  All in all it was a good learning experience, and I felt so proud of myself for having been able to do it. 
Hurray for you for getting it done! Hope you were able to get your prescriptions filled.  (Mine got delayed because one of doc's office personnel sent the request to my old provider, and I had to call her and give her all the new info.)  It then got sent off, and I was still waiting on my meds on Monday, and they said they got the prescriptions, but were waiting to hear from me, as they had called and got no response.  I have a land-line, with a new phone, and it has a "block" button on it.  When I see a number I don't know, with no caller name, I hit block, and that's what happened there.  LOL.  I gave them my cell number, so they could either call or text for information.  Got the notification that the order was shipped out yesterday!  Yea! Good to see you posting, as I was beginning to worry about you.  (not many folks are posting regularly in the 3 or 4 forums I go to). Have a good day!