Random Image

smaller Pic Of Fe

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:47:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver

A good Sunday Night HELLO 🦋

We had a nice morning enjoying the beautiful weather.  This afternoon we had a very nice social distancing visit with our family.  I love seeing them and being able to talk, but oh how I miss the hugs and kisses. 

This is night 4 of the awful rioting here in Denver.  There is a 8PM to 5 AM curfew but here it is nearly 10 PM and there are still hordes of them out there rioting.  So sad and totally unnecessary.  They do so much damage and it is just awful.  These are not the marchers that are marching in support of the passing of Mr. Floyd...these are just no good THUGS🤬

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
... where will all this " rioting " get them...as if there is not enough going on with our world right now, why the need to add more...

It seems as if all who are enjoying nice - pleasant weather, dry, hot and plenty of sun, and the sounds and sights of our birds singing ad chirping away are getting the most pleasure from our situations, long may the good weather and birds keep us all going strong in these uncertain times of our countries now troubles and discontent....there is no need for anyone to add to them...

QUOTES....nsmiles.com

" Love, Peace, Joy and Harmony are the best vitamins in the universe "

" When the power of Love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace "

" Give up being right, instead radiate Peace, Harmony, Love and Laughter from your heart "

" There is no way to Peace, Peace is the way "

" Breathe in Peace, breathe out Love "

" Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to Inner Peace "
" There is no present like the time "

MarsGal

Morning Jackie, I am having a very rare can't get to sleep night.

Saturday I put off mowing the lawn to watch the Dragon docking with ISS. I came back in from mowing just in time to see them open the hatch and do the obligatory photo session and speechifying by bigwigs. The last bit I didn't watch.

Jean, I only saw one or two ships Saturday. Friday, on the other hand, had a rather steady stream of ships passing through the river. I did watch a bunch of those, a few of which were "two-fers". Thursday I think it was, I saw Saginaw stopped dead at Algonac. It lost all propulsion and had to drop anchor to keep from drifting back downriver. It took them a while but they got if going again without having to call for a tug assist. When she got to Sarnia, she did get a tug assist to dock, and there she sits. I assume the fix was only temporary and she is now in the process of getting properly fixed and inspected before she heads on to her original destination.

I've got some housework to do later today and may go out and do some weeding before it rains again. I can only get in about an half an hour before my back starts protesting. 

Vanilla-Jackie

MarsGal...
...time here in UK has just turned 7.am...i am up to face another day, whatever that day turns out to be...i will soon be taking in my home organic fruit - vegi box delivery...

Is it your night-time or your morning, ( whether to say good morning or goodnight ) I tend to read a book in bed, which seems never for too long before i put the book down and drift off for my few hours, i have always been a very early riser, guess i take after my father, he was never one to stay in bed..

MarsGal

Jackie, I was up until about 2AM EST (6AM there, I think), and then I took my Kindle to bed with me and read for maybe a half an hour. Got up around 5:39am EST this morning, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed partly because Shan was in my face wanting fed. Odd, it is usually Oscar that insists I get up early to put breakfast out.

Well, off to do some of that housework I need to do today.

Marilyne

MarsGal -  I haven't checked on the various cams for a long time,  so glad you reminded me.   I just looked at Marine City, and then then Duluth, and nothing happening on either one.  Nobody walking or sitting around on the grass or benches. It's a beautiful day, and the lake looks blue and sparkling in the sunshine.    When I finish writing this, I'll check out the other cams and see if there is any activity.  Mary Ann's favorite was always The Soo, so I know that every time I look at that one, I'll think of her.  I remember her telling us about when she visited The Soo, with her parents and brother, when she was young.

Nothing much happening here today.   I got phone calls from both daughters, which took up most of the morning.  Both are very upset about the killing of George Floyd, and the subsequent protest gatherings across the country, that turned from peaceful protest to violent confrontations.  The Coronavirus, is still not under control here in California, which is a constant worry for everyone. 

Jenny -  How nice, to have a "social distancing" gathering, with your family!  I would guess that Jonah, and his parents were not there to enjoy it with the rest of you?  Impossible for an 18 month old, to keep a six foot distance away from everyone! LOL  I'm laughing, just thinking about trying to impose such a thing on a baby that age!  ;D

Jackie -  I liked reading all your quotes!    Definitely words to live by, at trying times like these.  I hope you enjoy your veggie and fruit box!

Beverly

It's a beautiful day here in Florida. I have to correct something I said the other day. I said our anniversary was next week.........My birthday is next week! Our wedding anniversary is today! (senior moment???) 63 years ago a couple of kids said "I do" and "we did"!

Marilyne - My youngest daughter had a "social distancing" get together in her large yard on Memorial Day. The youngest grands, ages 4 and 8 played together. I think there isn't much risk with them running around together outside. For Jenny, it would be more of a challenge with Jonah!  :)

The whole country is suffering right now. I'm praying for this to be over!

Jackie - Great quotes for these troubled times.

Joy

I don't know if any of the ones who post here in the Bait and Tackle board will remember Bobbie Gould.  I just wrote this over in the Soda Shoppe and just copied it here. 

There probably isn't many who still post here that remembers Bobbie Gould.  She had been part of the old Senior Net and I am not sure if she ever joined in the messages for the Seniors and Friends group.  She had been sick for a long time with breathing difficulties.  I met up with her not long after I first joined the  old Senior Net.  And, we became really good friends over the years.  I had not heard anything from her for a while now. She had been in a nursing home for a good while now.  Her daughter, Mandy, posted on Facebook this morning, that her mother had passed away.  And, she hadn't been able to go see her because of the nursing home restriction of no visitors.  It  is a very heartbreaking time for her.  Any of you that remember Bobbie,  will always remember her and her faithful companion, January,?She and her dog traveled all across the US in her car. She had converted her car into a very comfortable "home" and she told wonderful stores about all the people she was meeting all along the way.  Many times, it would be just her and the dog all by themselves in the woods. Some of us always encouraged to write a book about her travels, but she never got around to it. She was a very talented lady. I know those of you who remembers her will keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers at this most difficult time for them. 

Joy
BIG BOX

Joy

Beverly,  Happy Anniversary to you and your husband today.   63 years is a good number to reach. I wish you many more.

You mentioned that you lived in Lutherville years ago.  I think that area has pretty much remained the same.  Still a nice area as far as I know.  I don't get over that part of town that often anymore.   Years ago when we lived near by, we shopped in Lutherville a lot.  I had several friends and relatives that lived in that area. Several still do. 

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Joy 
BIG BOX

FlaJean

It's 82° here and supposedly feels hotter due to the humidity.  I got up a little after 6am and watched the birds for a few minutes and then went back to bed for a couple of hours.

Marilyn, I made another ice cream bread yesterday.  Larry had bought two butter pecan pints when they were on sale so I decided to make another one.  It is so good.  I saw another recipe that used 4 cups of ice cream and 3 cups of self-rising flour to make a larger loaf.  Next time I see one of those "buy one get one free" sales I think I'll try it and see how it is.

Marsgal, I can remember when I used to spend hours in the yard, but now I'm limited to a few minutes due to my back.  Larry put down some heavy black cover like the nurseries use and covered it with mulch so we don't have many weeds.

Have a pork roast to put into the crockpot so better get busy.

so_P_bubble

Joy, I remember well Bobbie Gould. Such an interesting person. I did wonder why she was not posting here, I missed her stories. So many prefer  Facebook these days...
Thank you for us the notice.

Marilyne

Joy - I remember Bobby Gould.  She is someone that I could never forget.  I didn't know her on a personal level, but I followed her travels across the country, and looked forward to reading her messages every day.   I really had a lot of admiration for a woman who would undertake such a journey across the country, all alone, with just her dog.    I always hoped to get to know her better, but when she stopped her travels, she no longer posted much in Senior Net, or maybe SN had already closed by then?  I'm sorry to hear of her passing but I remember reading here, that she had been sick for a long time.  Thank you for letting us know.

Jean - Our temps are supposed to go back up into the 90's today.  As I've mentioned in the past - our AC has a hard time cooling this big old house!   it does the best it can, but is unable to keep up with the fact that we have big windows across the entire front of the house - facing S/W.  They are old windows - not double pane, so let in lots of heat. 
I finally got the disposable bread pans for the ice cream bread, but I haven't made it yet.   Maybe today will be the day, although I hate to turn on the oven to bake anything, when the temps go up into the 90's.  The oven heats up the kitchen, and is trapped there. (Excuses, Excuses)!

Beverly - Happy 63rd Anniversary, to you and Chape!.  I hope you have a nice pleasant day, and that there are some restaurants open, so you can celebrate with a nice dinner this evening!

Joy

Can someone post the recipe for the Ice Cream Bread.  I know I have it somewhere, but just can't find it.  I know there is only a couple ingredients, but just can't seem to remember what.  I am always interested in hearing whether something is really good, and I do want to try it.  I looked in the recipe folder that Larry Hanna had worked so hard on, but nothing is working there anymore.

Thanks in advance for adding it here.  I know Jean mentioned the butter pecan ice cream, but I am wondering what other flavors different ones have used.  Also, I have a hard time finding self-rising flour.

Joy
BIG BOX

Beverly

Joy - Yes, I remember Bobbie Gould and her travels with her dog, January. I'm so sorry her daughter couldn't be with her during this time. I can't imagine what it must be like with a family member in a nursing home now.

When we were in Lutherville I had three small children, 2, 4 and 5. Twice I got myself lost on the Beltway. Once I got on the highway heading  straight into Baltimore City (Chape had said don't ever go into the city!). I was on a one way, 3 lane highway...stopped at a gas station and called Chape, crying! Finally the guy at the gas station helped me to reverse directions. Another time I went out to find a mailbox and wound up heading north. I kept thinking I'd find my way back. By the time I drove over a long bridge out in the country (across a reservoir) I stopped to look at a map and finally found my way back. I should also tell you I have no sense of direction!  ::)

Marilyne and Joy - Thanks for the anniversary wishes. We're spending a quiet day at home (like always  :) ) and may make oyster stew for dinner. We had planned on ordering take-out from the Red Lobster but Donna had Publix deliver raw oysters, oyster crackers and cannoli. We haven't had a good oyster stew for a long time. She also included a beautiful orchid!

Last night I made blueberry-oatmeal muffins. This recipe isn't too sweet, which I like. Great for breakfast.

Vanilla-Jackie

Beverly...
...HAPPY 63RD WEDDING ANNIVERSARY to you and Chape, and i bet it feels just like yesterday when you both walked down that isle and said " I do, and the pair of you did "

Joy...
... i remember the name here in S & F's, Bobby Gould, but that was more in our earlier years..although I had joined a year later when you all had come over from Senior-Net, i have read so many times how you all enjoyed your time on that forum and had met so many of our members, past and present..

FlaJean...
... yes " up with the larks " as my late parents would often say to me, and i usually am..

Marilyne...
...UK has been spoilt with our pleasant sunny and dry weather for a good few weeks or so but, is about to change from tomorrow, a drop in temperature and some showers over the next couple of days, think then temps will stay lower and the sky will look greyer..Maybe we have seen our UK Summer...

Beverly...
..." sense of direction " now what is that " If i was left to drive on the four Motorways from where we had come from, i am afraid you would find me still on them, going back and forth, looking for a way to get off..

Sandy

Good  Afternoon from the cool
and pleasant rocky coast of Maine. 

I am so sorry to hear of the passing
of Bobby Gould...  also so sorry to hear
that she was in a nursing home at the
time and was unable to have visitors ..
so many people are in that predicament..

No one can get in to see them.  Only
people who live here where I live
now can come in this building. 
Fortunately for me,  I can still
get out by myself.    I just
try to be real careful not to fall
or become incapacitated...  NOT FuN!

We had a huge passing of protesters
last night..  very  peaceful ..... but
oh so many people....   

I can't blame people for
protesting .....  imho,  this
country is in very sad shape.. 

I just never know what is coming
next ....  but I am sure that it will
not be good..   

It breaks my heart .. 

Have a good day,  everyone. 
Sandy 
 :crazy2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

CallieOK

Happy 63rd Anniversary, Beverly and Chape!

Your directions issue reminds me of a friend who said she knew two directions:  straight up and straight down.  ;)

I also remember Bobby Gould.  Am trying to remember if she and January came through OKC on their travels.  Seems as if they did but I'm not sure they stopped.  Helona, Ginnie B and I liked to meet SeniorNet friends at a restaurant convenient for them if they were traveling on one of the three Interstates that cross OKC.

I achieved another "during the virus" milestone today. The car gas tank was down to 1/4 so I stopped at a gas station and filled it.  I had home-made Clorox wipes with me and used them on the pump handle and covered my finger with one when I needed to punch in numbers.  :thumbup:

Have I mentioned here that I'm writing a story/essay about my Mother and her two sisters?  Husband and I had done the genealogy "fact and figures" for all sides of both our families. Now I'd like to pull all the facts together and write about some of the more interesting family members.
The introduction is done and I'm now working on the individual bios. 

#2 son has asked me to put a "box full" of pictures together in an album he wants to give his wife on their 20th anniversary in August.  He hasn't brought the box to me yet - but the idea is motivating me to "get going" on my project.

"Turn around, Callie, and get busy".  :knuppel2:

FlaJean

Looks like Paul's estimated arrival in Duluth Harbor is tonight at 10:45 Ct.  now if I can just remember to look.

JeanneP

I also remember Bobby ,.she met up with quite a few people while traveling in he van. It ended up quite sad. She had just left one of the senior meters in SanFran. Headin next east. She always parked on the walmarts parking lot at night and got sick. Think a heart attach. Her son had to come way down south . I think they flew her name an D he was taking van back when the engine went bad. That would have happened to her while she was on the road.
But she really enjoyed her travels.
JeanneP

junee

JOY,yes I remember Bobbie Gould and often wished I was in that car with her.
Also remember that she started out with two dogs and gave one to someone who posted here.  Cannot remember his name but know it was a good home for her loved dog.  Photos she posted were always of beautiful countryside.
Hope you are all safe .
BEverley, congratulations and enjoy .

Marilyne

Junee - Good to see you posting here!  Please come back more often.    I remember when Bobbie Gould, gave the dog to a man named Jerry, who was a member here for many years.  This was not the Jerry from New Zealand. This Jerry lived somewhere near the DC area I think . . . Maryland or Virginia?

Vanilla-Jackie

We had a Jerry who posted in " the dogs talking " folder we once had before our site crashed four years ago, i also posted in it, it was literally as if our dogs were talking of what their mistresses and masters had planned, or what they were getting up to, it was all fun-stuff...I am thinking this Jerry was the same Jerry Marilyne is mentioning..He suddenly said he was coming away from our forum and posting on another forum, dont really know why...

JeanneP

Jackie. Now i think that was a differn't Jerry. It is a little longer since she was taking those trip. Past 4 as sen. Net been gone longer
Now  At one time we use to think a little romance was going to happen with she and Jerry. We did have that happen a few times on Seniornet. Now I did make 2 friends on there from my home town in UK and one in Yorkshire. They got off  SN. but I met up with them a few times when I came over. Both Men. Kept up on Phone almost weekly on one and 4 times a year on Yorkshire we would phone.and Email clear up to year 2017 on one and 2019 on the other.  Both past away.Sure miss them.
JeanneP

FlaJean

Another warm day here.  Haven't really accomplished a thing today.  Was looking at the news on the TV.

I never got my pork roast into my crockpot yesterday but it is cooking now.  I'm cooking some barbecue sauce with it.  Maybe will use part of it for pulled pork.

Not much going on here in our area.  Just a small town so usually things are pretty quiet.  However, it seems the covid-19 cases are slowly climbing.  We are up to 236 cases so Larry and I are being as careful as we can be.

Hope all of you are doing OK.

Beverly

Rusty's Pa, Mark. I took this at the Tucson, Arizona bash I don't usually like to post pictures outside of the Photos forum but this is the dog owner in question. I think he's the one who Bobbie Gould gave one of her dogs.

Beverly

Jackie - This is the "dog talking" Jerry.
edit: I meant Mark, not Jerry. I don't know if Jerry was in the "dog talking" discussion.

Marilyne

Beverly - I remember Mark,  (Rusty's Pa),  from Senior Net.  He was active in the Southern California group, and I recall that they had lots of social gatherings and meet-ups back then.   Another man who posted a lot in that folder, was Happy Bill.  I didn't think either one of them joined S&F, after SN folded?

Jackie and I are thinking of the same Jerry,  who posted in the "dog conversation" group, and was also very active in the Library Bookshelf, Poetry, and many other folders.   He announced one day, that he was dropping out of S&F, and would not be back.   He was true to his word!   Later I remember other members mentioning him as a special friend of Bobbie Gould, which is probably why I thought he got his new dog from her. 

angelface555

Mark, Rusty; had two dogs when Bobbie visited him. She liked one of his dogs so much that Mark gave her the dog, and Bobbie renamed the dog January.

The poster, Jerry2, had medical issues and stopped posting. I have no idea whether Bobbie gave him a dog or not.

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne...
... yes we are both thinking of the same Jerry...

Beverly

Angelface - You're right......I got mixed up on the transfer of dogs.  :)

And I also remember Jerry2 and Happy Bill. Happy Bill was on SN a lot during the early years.