Random Image

horse6.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:12:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarsGal

Yea! Bubble will be back soon.

I finally got my ASUS laptop working again. With the suggestions from a local computer tech and George I was able to get into the BIOS and change some settings so I could boot up from a disc and install Ubuntu which I am using right now. It turns out that the Windows "Secure Boot" feature locks out the ability to boot up from a disc or thumbdrive. It is supposed to make your computer more secure from hacking and such. What it also does is keep  you from installing another OS unless you disable it and change a few other settings. Thanks to the tech and George, they saved me $$ and time for the tech to do it.

The type seems small, so I am going to see if I can enlarge it in the browser settings and do some exploring to see what is new with this version of Ubuntu and download a few programs.

Tomorrow, soon to be today, I need to run (well drive actually) to the bank and mow the lawn, maybe do a load of laundry.

Laura now a category 4 hurricane. That was quick. Bad news for those in its path. I hear evacuations are underway. Doesn't seem like they have a lot of time to get out with this one. I don't think many people were expecting it to get that ferocious.

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
...re, your selling - buying agent...you are aware of the well known saying..." if something doesn't seem right, it usually isn't right " so both of you must " go with your gut feeling."
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

Here I am, back again.
Oh, How I have missed my S&F friends all these days!

And also I can let you know I do not have Corona :) I was tested twice: first in the ER and then again prior to be accepted in the Internal Department.  They make extra sure no one will infect others. But I knew there was no chance of that, it is more than a month I did not put my nose out of the house and Aviv had not visited for so long. Yesterday when I saw him, I had to say"wow, how tall you have become" - he just laughed.

Thank you for missing me, you all are so supportive and great.
Thanks.

I did not check all the previous posts yet, but I will, maybe tomorrow.

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble...
... a warm welcome back to our fold...I know only too well how much we miss our S & F's friends, i too was away for 13 days a week ago due to BT computer connection issues, so i do sympathise with you not being in a situation to post...
Just this minute taken a phone call from my GP surgery, after male nurse came this morning to take photos of my leg swelling, from my previous cellulitis...Now told someone Dr or nurse is going to come soon to take another blood sample, this time to check on my heart...Something about checking my heart first, before they deal with my swollen leg, said they need to know what they are dealing with..Told him it was only a few days ago nurse took blood, but told they were checking for other things..

Told him over the phone that if its not low kidney function, now its checking my heart, starting to wonder how ill i actually am...What next is in the pipeline...perhaps my lungs..

Sandy

Good Afternoon Everyone,
from the cooler and drier Rocky Coast
of Maine. 

Welcome Back Bubble !! 

So glad that you are
home now and feeling more like posting. 
I wish you well and an expedient recovery!

Hi Jackie! 

So glad to see that  you are
back online and that there are people there
looking out for your well being.....

None of are enjoying the down falls of
aging.  I know that I don't either but
I am continuously grateful that help is
just around the corner where I live here
in the center of Portland Maine.

I really like city living and the
convenience of it all.. I would never
want to be located away from the
center of it all here in the city. 

I had my sleep study done night before
last  and phew,  I am glad that is over
with.  For me sleep studies are not
easy .  I only got 2 hours of sleep and the
night  before I only got 4 hours of sleep. 

But last night I went to bed around 10PM  and
didn't wake up for the day until 10AM... with a
few trips to the bathroom,  as usual. 
I slept really well..... 

I am grateful that I am now back to my
own bed and sleep when I want to. 

Have a good week EVERYONE ! 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Marilyne

Bubble  -  WELCOME BACK!   We were worried about you, and so glad that you're feeling better.  No fun to have to go to the ER, when there is a Pandemic going on, but glad you got the Covid test, and that it was negative.   Looking forward to seeing more posts from you.  :thumbup:

Beverly

Welcome back Bubble! You were missed! Hope you are feeling a lot better.

[/size]

Vanilla-Jackie

Lovely story on our UK BBC news tv this morning...Kathleen and Dorothy identical twin sisters, both celebrating their 100th Birthday today, together...Link...

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/identical-twins-turn-100-232545/

Marilyne

Last night on a local news program,  there was a special interest story, about the countless numbers of domestic and wild animals who are being treated for serious burns from the wildfires.  It is incredibly sad to see the dogs and cats, who were left behind,  or who ran scared, when the evacuations happened.  Most with badly burned paws and eyes and faces, and many with breathing problems, who are on ventilators.  Besides cats and dogs, there were horses, ponies, goats, and lots of Llamas and Alpacas, that are being treated.    I got so upset and tearful watching, that I finally had to get up and leave the room. It's just absolutely heartbreaking.

The veterinarians, technicians and volunteers are doing such an incredible job of  treating and caring for all animals that are found and brought in, both domestic and wild.  They will soon do a program on the injured wild animals,  which will include both small and large mammals,  as well as birds.

Denver

A Good Friday afternoon HELLO to ALL 💐

WELOME BACK BUBBLE❣️  Do hope you are feeling stronger each day.  You certainly were missed and I am sure glad you do not have the Covid Virus! 

Another day, another dollar saved in our case.....still nary a word to tell about our supposed real estate deal!  Everyday the selling agent says all is well and he will be sending over the signed contract and yet we wait!  We have no idea what this unprofessional agent is trying to pull, but clearly there is something.  We are going to sit tight and see what comes of this, but rest assured we will not be going through with this purchase.  I just want to wait him out to see what is going on. 

JACKIE, I do hope by now you have heard from the medical professionals and know more about the concerns from your blood work.  Thank you for sharing the delightful story about the twins 100th Birthday❣️ 

SANDY, sure happy to read that you had a good night of rest after the restless one before doing your sleep study!

MARILYNE, we have been watching the local news telling of the many animals, domestic and wild that have been burned or have smoke inhalation problems regarding our wildfires here too.  So very sad.  We finally have some cleaner air to breathe here today and it is much cooler than it has been.  Take care and I pray for all of the poor folks dealing with fires as well as hurricanes🙏

Our oldest grandson and his dad had to drive to Craig Colorado today for a appointment with the DMV for him to get his learners permit to drive.  This is over 200 miles away and a good 4 and a half hour drive!  Due to Covid, there has not been a appointment time available for him to get in.  How crazy is this🤪🤣

We are going to dinner tonight to be with our son and his family for the last time before they head off to their new life in Southern California.  We can not wait to play with Jonah, and just hope it will not be too long before we can go visit them and see him again. 

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
... previous blood test is showing low or lack of folate - iron..I am still awaiting the blood test someone from the surgery is coming to do for checking my heart before treating the leg blockage, as that was the way medic nurse described it...My ankle is slim, damaged, discoloured and scarred which is pushing up the fluid above it causing the swelling...

angelface555

MarsGal

Good to see Cole and Marmalade are back. Didn't know about the lawsuit. Haven't been viewing the cat cams lately.

Rain today, so I guess the grass gets a haircut reprieve until tomorrow or Monday. Lots of other things I can get into inside. Right now I am waiting for the "ship parade" at Port Huron. It looks like four downbound fairly close together and one upbound. I should see the first in about 15 minutes.

JeanneP

Darn. Got to o put Port Huran on and see what happening.
JeanneP

Sandy

Forever Young
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JeanneP

Something is messing me up on my Desktop now in S and F.
I had been trying to get rid of the Shout that is so long top of forum. Now it seems that I can't get the area for Reply to show. A message comes up saying in Shoutbox.
An Error has occured. unable to load main Template.

I think I have really messed up this computer now but still will not be able to get any Tech to just install W10 from the start again. Sure doing strange things but I know its my fault. Although it all started when Microsoft got in with some changes they were installing. I never use Microsoft but my SIL set this computer up and that is all he ever uses. He is 1200 miles away so dont bother him.

JeanneP

MarsGal

Jeannie, I noticed that with the new server in place, I no longer can keep Shoutbox closed. Everytime I change discussions it opens up again. I don't use it. It is not a big deal for me that it is open at the top of the page, I just prefer it isn't.

The Russian replica ship Pilgrim is now close to or at Duluth. Last news item I saw was on the 24th when it was at Sault Ste. Marie. Duluth was expecting it to arrive yesterday or today. I have not checked the Duluth harbor cams and videos yet, but somebody is sure to post the event.

My agenda for the day - mow the front yard.

Almost forgot, I've been following CG Hollyhock on the Marine Traffic map. She is must be on an adventure. Since I've been watching the shipping cams, the farthest I've seen her go was Lake Ontario this year. Now she is heading out toward the Gulf of St. Lawrence. When I checked last, she was at the top of New Brunswick 

so_P_bubble

check on site announcement on hos to keep the shoutbox closed.

MarsGal

Will do, Bubble.

Pilgrim update. The Russian replica ship ran into some heavy weather and Captain Sergey now estimates arrival on Monday evening or Tuesday. Live Cams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYSEFLCNtk  view towards Lake Huron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjDfU7calsc  view of bridge

CG Hollyhock is now in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. I just found out that she is headed all the way down South to help clear the shipping channels messed up by the hurricanes. I guess that means she will be gone awhile. I miss seeing her already.

Denver

Just dropping in to see how your Sunday is going? 

It has been a pretty laid back day here in Colorado. 

I fixed a potato salad for our dinner and now will go and cook our chicken thighs in the Air Fryer. 

Son Mark left Colorado this morning for his long drive to their new home in Palm Desert CA. He is towing a trailer with their van on it.  It is a heavy load and he is taking it real easy. 

Have a wonderful evening. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

Vanilla-Jackie

Bank Holiday Monday morning 9.30am...Home visiting vampire nurse not attached to my GP surgery just turned up unannounced at my door to take blood, she could see i was in the middle of eating my breakfast..and yes i felt this needle and told her so, not sure how many vials she took but it was more than one..This time checking my heart before GP treats my swollen leg..
My right arm is now becoming a pin cushion..

FlaJean

Jackie, I hate those blood tests.  The last test I had they  took 11 vials of blood but everything was good.  Now I'm due for my labs again but it won't be over two, I'm sure.  But I'm waiting for a month or so to see how this pandemic goes and will be safer.

My son and wife left this morning for another trip to Calif.  My grandson is now under Hospice care and is very bad.  The cancer has completely taken over his body.  Such a difficult situation and the pandemic is making it so much worse.

On top of everything else, our very nicest neighbor just had a heart attack.  When it rains, it pours.

Jenny, I hope your son has a safe trip.  I know you will be concerned until you hear he is there safely.

Thinking about you all and hope you have a good day.

JeanneP

With all that is going on. I called for my yearly checkup early .told them wanted a full panel blood work done. To see what is working right and any wrong. I feel good but sleep to much. Borden I think . They just called back saying fast for 14 hrs and come to lab. I will see him Friday to check it. That surprises me as seems hard to talk to Dr.right now.
JeanneP

JeanneP

Jean.
Good you are keeping check on your own health at this time . Worry is hard on a body specially when we don't travel. Hard on your son and wife . Traveling. Sorry to hear news on grandson. Hospice is abig help. Where are the children? The couple so young to be going through this.
JeanneP

Marilyne

Jean - I was thinking about you over the weekend, and wondering about how Jason was doing.   Hearing that hospice has been called in, is very sad.  I'm glad that your son and wife, have gone back to California to be with them at this difficult time.  I'm praying for the family, including you and Larry.

Jenny - Wishing a safe trip for Mark.  Sounds like he is driving alone, and will probably return to CO, to get Megan and Jonah?   I hope your oldest grandson didn't have any problems getting his learners permit, after having to go so far!   That's the way the DMV is in California also.  The lines are so long, and the wait is terrible at all of our offices here.   The Los Gatos DMV, is only about four long blocks from our house - but last year we drove over to the small beach town of Capitola, to renew our driver's licenses.  We had to wait a long time there too, but nothing like it is here!   (and that was before Coronavirus!)   I drive past our DMV every time I go anywhere, and there is always a long line stretching completely around the building.  It's worth it to go out of town, for any DMV business!

JeanneP - Good for you, getting your yearly check-up, in spite of the coronavirus.   I did get my fasting blood test a couple of weeks ago, but not int ending to get the check-up.  At my age, they will find something wrong, and I'd rather not know!  ???  ::)

Jackie - I'm glad your blood draw is out of the way, and hope they will soon do something about your leg?   Probably antibiotics again?

angelface555

Jean, I'm so sorry about the whole difficult situation. I'll be thinking of you and your family and wishing there was better news.

Denver

Good morning from a much cooler and less Smokey Colorado!  We have many white peaks here to view today😘 Not unusual, however I am NOT ready for the snow flakes to be falling yet😩🤣

JEAN, I am so sorry to read your news about Jason. He is in my thoughts and prayers everyday right along with our Michele.  I am just so very sorry that there is no longer hope for his recovery🙏 Happy to read your son and DIL are able to go back to CA to be with he and his family.  It is just heartbreaking.  My prayers include your entire family to be strong and hopefully Hospice will be able to keep him comfortable and the family calmed by the care they can give to him🙏 I am sorry to read about your neighbor.  I do hope he has a full recovery from the heart attack🙏

Michele was called to her oncologists office yesterday.  She was scheduled to go in tomorrow.  They have her maintenance chemo plan ready, and she will start it tomorrow.  It is certainly more than we had hoped it would be, but we understand it is what they feel is necessary to keep her tumors away😩😢  She will have chemo treatments two times a month, just as before but hopefully they are smaller amounts that will not leave her so wiped out and feeling so sick.  They will  rescan her in 3 months to make sure this maintenance dosage is doing the job.  She posted this on FB this morning.....

"This is my fight! It was Chadwick's fight. It's been 5 years since diagnosis. Countless surgeries, ostomy bag for 9 months, 12 chemos, 3 years clear, recurrence, brain surgery, gamma knives, radiation treatment, 24 more chemos....going in today to find out how I keep my disease under control with maintenance chemo. You are NEVER too young! Get your colonoscopy if over 45. Listen to your body. Push your doctors if something doesn't seem right. Live your life like Chadwick did!  #livelikechadwick #nevertooyoung #colorectalcanceralliance #teammichelehardin #kickingrectalcancersass #nationofallies #livelikechadwick #notallsuperheroswearcapes #icandohardthings💪"

Thank you all for your much appreciated support, and I ask you to continue to pray for our loved one and all the rest of the souls that are struggling with their own fight to survive cancer🙏

MARILYNE, Mark drove alone to Palm Desert.  We are expecting a call from him any minute now telling us he is at there new home and getting ready to down load the vehicles and get that uHaul trailer turned back in.  Megan, Jonah and the kitty cat will fly there on Thursday.  We found out last night that Megan's Dad is going to fly with her and we are so thankful. She flies into Ontario, so has a 70 mile drive to their new home.  Mark will park the van at the airport a couple of hours before she arrives as he flies off to Sacramento to pick up a rental truck to get their things out of storage and drive them down to Palm Desert.  That poor guy sure has a lot of driving and loading/Unloading to do.....this mama is trying not to be too stressed out as she follows along with him on this adventure.  He just called!  He is there safe and sound....thank you good Lord for getting him there safely. 

JACKIE, I hope you will have news soon about the blood work and what they can do for your sore leg.  Hugs to you.

We are due for our bloodwork next week in prep for our yearly delayed physicals.  Seems we all are trying to get this done😘

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

FlaJean

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.  This has been a bad year for thousands of people because of the pandemic.  I hope and pray that 2021 will be better but I fear it won't be.  But I shouldn't be borrowing trouble from the future when the present is bad enough.

Jenny, good to know your son has arrived safely.

Marilyne, my six month checkup was good.  My doctor said to go for my lab test when I felt comfortable about it.  Things are getting much better here regarding the pandemic so I will probably go in a month or so.

My neighbor had a couple of blockages and had two stents put in and is home feeling pretty good.  Amazing what can done these days.

When I post again I will try not to sound so down.  There is always plenty to be thankful for.

Have a good day everyone.

Joy

Jean, I am so very sorry to read your message about Jason.  I will certainly keep you and all your family in my thoughts and prayers.  So sad as he is so young.   

Joy
BIG BOX

Vanilla-Jackie

FlaJean...
...nothing worse than getting ones hopes up then having them dashed...re, your grandson Jason's situation..long may he continue to be a tough fighter to rid himself from his c***r