Random Image

bagpipe.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

MarsGal

Morning everyone!

The Dr. thinks I have some tendonitis going on. About three weeks ago I managed to sprain my middle toe on my right foot. The bruise cleared up much quicker than I thought it would, but after the bruise and some very minor swelling in the area, I started getting various foot pains. The one that sent me to the Dr. is at the ball of the foot behind the middle toe. He told me that the fluid/blood would drain that way from the toe, but he didn't think I had a thrombosis and didn't think I needed an x-ray or scan. He suggested heat, rest, and Aleve or Ibuprofen. I exclaimed, "No, no, no. I don't need rest. I need exercise. I've been sitting too much already this year."  :laff:  As if that isn't my normal state. Ha! Exercise is not my thing. But now I have a Dr.'s excused to sit and read or play on the computer even more. :thumbup:

CallieOK

Good Morning from a cold, gloomy, drizzly central Oklahoma.

Thank goodness, the OKC area didn't get even a snowflake from the blizzard that hit the panhandle/northwestern part of the state yesterday.

MarsGal,  ;D  at your Dr's excuse reasoning. I have the same aversion to "organized" excersise. The physical activity I do best is Sit Still.

Son brought Chinese for our "dinner date" last evening.  He brought in the tub of house Christmas decorations and got the Christmas dishes out of the cupboard over the fridge. Remains to be seen when/if I do anything with them.

Plan du Jour is to put some round steak in the slow cooker.  I guess I could do something with the decorations - or address Christmas cards....On the other hand.... ::)       

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day. 

Marilyne

Right before I woke up this morning, I had a dream that is going to set the tone for my entire day.  It's a good tone!  Nothing special about the dream, except for the lovely music that was playing with a voice singing,  The Bells of St. Mary's.  All I can remember of the dream itself, is that I was driving home in the car, and when I got here, I opened all the windows downstairs and came upstairs and went to a window to look out in front.  The music, the song, was playing on the stereo downstairs, and was very loud and echoing through the neighborhood.  People were driving by and waving and smiling at me in the window. 

I woke up in a really good mood, and of course the song has been running through my head for hours.  It's really a beautiful song and the lyrics are so nice.  The Bing Crosby recording is the one I keep hearing.  I hope it stays with me all day, and I hope to hear it playing soon on the radio or TV.  :love:

Amy

Marilyne what a beautiful way to start the day...I can't watch that show enough. or listen to the songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fnpJKMGV-Q

Patricia, loved watching the elephants. Can you imagine living in that area?
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Not really Amy! I may be a bit prejudged after watching multiple Youtube videos lately of African lions (one where a male lion chased down and ate an African dog who was part of a group harassing the pride.); rhinos, and hippos. I also saw one where an elephant trampled part of a village simply because he didn't feel like going around.

I realize that this is raw footage, but still. I don't even want to be around grizzlies as I've personally seen what they did to a Salcha river cabin. The bear had to stand on a steep slope to reach and rip off the metal sheeting over the windows, and what strength to rip off the locked lid of a large chest freezer!

Shirley

I've come in several times today & yesterday, to see if Jackie had posted or if anyone had heard from her.... and I get side tracked with the links to the cams! Duh....one track mind & I can get side-tracked all too easy. Only person I know that might have her e-mail is Jenny... or Bubble. Hope it is just a computer problem but we never know with Covid so world wide. If you can read & not post... find some way to let us know how you are, Jackie!

patricia19

Shirley, I answered that question a couple of days ago. Jackie is fine. I checked the member list that day and again today. Jackie has been on the site daily. I have no idea why she doesn't post.

Her email is listed on her page in the members list.

Marilyne

Amy - Thank you for posting the link to,  The Bells of St. Mary's.  I enjoyed watching that scene, and listening to the song.  The movie usually plays on TCM during the month of December.  Even though it isn't a Christmas themed movie, it  fits well with the Holiday season.  If I see the date, I'll post it here.

Denver

A late night HELLO to ALL.

Not much going on here so a couple of days have passed since I have been in to check in on all of you. 😷

Thank you, PATRICIA, for sharing the link to watch the elephant.

MARSGAL, I hope your toe issue will heal quickly for you.  Glad the doctor did not think it was too serious.  I hope he is right😘

MARILYNE, I liked your dream❣️  Thank you, AMY, for sharing the link for us to enjoy.

SHIRLEY, I had a nice Jacquelin Lawson Birthday Card from Jackie.  I do hope she will post soon and fill us in on how she is doing.  She is missed when she stays away.

Tomorrow is the day we WERE to fly to California to see our family.....I am still feeling so sad, but I know we made the right decision as the Covid numbers continue to grow.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

FlaJean

Today is overcast and an occasional short shower.  The covid-19 numbers are going up in this county as they are in other areas.

Beverly, I hope you are feeling better.  It must be comforting to both you and your hubby to have your daughter and son-in-law now living close by.

Shirley, are you completely over your virus or are you having problems like so many others of tiredness, etc.  Even young people in their 30s and 40s are having a problem with getting back to normal.

Hope all of you are doing OK.  I'm not feeling so good myself but could sure use some energy.

patricia19

Good morning from the Interior where it will be a quiet day.

Joy

Good afternoon.  Very dreary day today.  Good for a nap, I guess.

I was up at 6 and then when back to bed and slept until almost 10.  That will make the day go extra quick.  After one now and the rest of the day will just fly by.

Jean, I wish I could find some energy, also.  I am just so tired and sleepy most of the time.  I need to put some dishes away and empty the dishwasher.  I have a grocery order coming tomorrow, so need space for them to put the bags.

Nothing much else to talk about.  Getting so depressed with all this Covid mess.  It just boggles my mind when they talk about how many people die just in one day.  Just doesn't seem real !  Earlier I remember hearing somebody mention that eventually everybody will get the virus.  That sure was encouraging.  LOL I read a list that Dr. Fauci put out about the safest to the worst places to go to and I think "bottom line"......Just stay home.  State parks were the safest...just keep your distance and don't use the rest rooms.  Family get togethers , parties, schools, offices, restaurants  were among the worst.

Who of us ever dreamed after 9 months we would still be dealing with all of this ??  And, I am afraid it will go on a lot longer than they  expect.

With that, I will wish you all to have a safe day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Marilyne

This morning, AJ had the Dupuytren's surgery on his left hand.  They call it surgery, but it's not actually invasive.  The hand is numbed, and the doctor injects a solution into the knots and cords that have formed in the palm. The injection sight is bandaged, and then a wait until Monday.  Then they "break up" the area that is the contracture. 

He was part of a clinical trial at Stanford University Medical Research, about ten years ago, and had the same procedure.    It was successful, but the problem tends to slowly return for most people.  It's his left hand, so is not bothering him much since we got home. He won't be able to drive over the weekend, because gripping the steering wheel is not advisable and would be painful.  After the New Year, he will have to have the right hand done.       

Shirley

Jean, you asked if I am completely over & truth is, I wonder if I will be able to get the strength & energy back. My young grandaughter (30) had only blood clots in her leg, blood thinner for several months, but struggling to get her energy back. She is a "body builder" and while she watches her diet for various things (gluten, soy, etc).. pretty healthy. She tested positive about 4 months ago. From all I hear & read, each person has a different story. My head is finally clearer but at 86 it's harder to "get back to normal" when normal was so long ago! I finally got a prescription/antibiotic for my infected sinuses, my face & head really has been a mess from allergies so bad this year, doesn't help that the cats keep bringing in pollen from the leaves & weeds. I do hope everyone in here can stay clear of catching this, I am grateful to have survived. At least with the open heart surgery the nurses & doctors knew what to expect and do. This stuff is "anybody's guess" of what to do.

I'm too sleepy to think tonight. For me it was a busy day but a year ago nothing. The disaster of the day is one commode won't flush... think it is the "extra strong" tissue that caused the trouble. The other 2 bathrooms are fine but not the one I usually dress in. Okay, pity-party over.... Stay safe, every friend.... sweet dreams. Shirley

patricia19

Pew research said in a survey released tonight that over half of Americans, 54% know someone with COVID-19 or knows someone who has died from it.

patricia19

They've (Multiple sources both medical and scientific); said that we're now increasing a million per day in new cases and expect January to be a watershed. Of course, the anti-vaxxers are already out there alleging conspiracies regarding needing a vaccination.

Yesterday, the fourth, there were 756 new state cases, 25 of those were local. Today we jumped to 933 new cases and 89 of those were local. Unsurprisingly, Anchorage and outskirts, whose people have been so against lockdowns, had thirteen deaths today.

Denver

💐 HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY NORM 💐 We miss you and Mary Ann ❣️

PATRICIA, the numbers are frightening and yet we watch college football on TV and the stands are full of young people with no masks!  Our high school championship games are being played this weekend in Pueblo, one of the worse areas for Covid in Colorado and only one parent is allowed in the stands to watch. Pitiful 😩

MARILYNE, glad the hand surgery is over for AJ.  I hope the "breaking up" will go well tomorrow. 

JOY, remember when we were being told we would be able to go to Easter Sunday services, and yet, as you say, here we are 9 months later and no end in sight yet!  You take care of yourself❣️

SHIRLEY, you are right, it seems every one has a different set of symptom with this virus.  I am sure glad you are doing better but it seems you may be dealing with the effects of this virus for awhile.  You were the only person that I knew that had the virus until last week when I learned a classmate of mine died from it. 

Michele has had quite a time recently with horrible muscle aches.  She was miserable over TGivng.  They took her off of the
Chemo pills thinking that was the issue, but come to find out it was the Coumadin that they put her on for the blood clot she had near her  port.  Now that med has been changed and she will start back on the chemo pills🙏🙏

JEAN, I watch a lady on FaceBook named Brenda Gantt.  She is a lady that shows cooking in her kitchen and is located in Andalusia Alabama, just North of you.  She was the Grand Marshall at their Christmas Parade this week.  They showed the pictures from the celebration and there were crowds full of unmasked people there having a wonderful time. Are people just in denial that this virus is as bad as it is, I wonder?  Clearly, as you mentioned the numbers are climbing down your way also. 

BEVERLY, I hope the tests you had scheduled this past week went well and you are feeling stronger. 

I am off to fix a bit of breakfast.  Enjoy a peaceful day of rest.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Jenny, I hope this is the end of Michele's problems. If it is not one thing it is another and that dear girl has had more than her share.

I think those that don't believe or wear masks should be taken to the morgues to see what this dreaded virus has caused..maybe.......just maybe they will get a clue!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Good morning from the Interior. These people have been fed a bill of goods from people they've trusted, and they're being taught there are conspiracies around every corner, and they can't trust anyone but those alleging the conspiracies

MarsGal

Just got back from going to BJ's for some groceries I like to buy there. I don't go more than once a month and sometimes don't go for several months. Usually Sunday mornings are fairly quiet, but it looked busy already and was fairly packed by the time I got out. I blame this on two things, everyone is itchy to get out and shop and the churches haven't opened yet. I would like very much to know how, when I can't get together an order large enough to use PeaPod or Instacart, I can spend just fine at the store when I am there.  :scratch:

Patricia, last night I watched an interesting Smithsonian documentary about the Anchorage Airport and how they deal with the ice and cold conditions to keep the airport in operation.

Marilyne

REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!
December 7th, "A day that will live in infamy".  Mostly just a history lesson now, except for those few of us left who remember the day.

I remember,  probably because I was a worrying kind of child, and whenever my parents were concerned about something, I wanted to know what it was all about, and then  I worried too.    My aunt and uncle and cousin were at our house for Sunday dinner,  and my cousin and were playing outside.  We went in the house and saw them all hovering around the radio, and were told right away what had happened.  I was seven and my cousin was nine.    My father was drafted one year later when I was eight years old.  He was overseas until the War ended in l945.  I had plenty of worrying to do during those three years!

MarsGal

So-P-Bubble, you are back. Glad to see your computer is up and running. Did you get any of that nasty storm that hit a few days ago? I watched clips on YouTube of flooding, hail, snow and nasty black clouds with lightning from Morocco to Kuwait and Lebanon, and up into Italy. What an amazing sight, floods in the desert. I felt sad for the people of Beirut. After losing their harbor to that explosion a while back, they had to put up with all that flooding from the storm.

There hasn't been much to see at the Tembe cam the last few days, at least not when I checked. But last night, I did briefly see three lions. One has something that looked about the size of one of those black birds in it's mouth, but I couldn't really tell. They weren't on camera more than a minute or two.

so_P_bubble

Yes we too had terrible rain, wind, and in many places sudden floods.
Quite a lot of damage to cars and houses in some area, with a few dwelling with water rising to waist height.  You can imagine what that did to furniture and appliances.

In my town we were lucky, just outside fields under water.
But it is very cold for a sunny country!

patricia19

I'm glad you were physically okay Bubble, just lost without Internet!   :tickedoff:

I'm hoping that 2021 has us turning a corner on an overly bad year! 

Amy

I'm hoping that 2021 has us turning a corner on an overly bad year!

Patricia I am holding you to that!! We have all had one year we will never forget..
Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

Anyone heard from Vanilla-Jackie? It's been long since her last post.

Tomereader1

I think it maybe Patricia who is in touch with Jackie.

patricia19

No I haven't heard from her. I checked the member list each time someone asks about her, and she has been checking in and not posting every day. Her email address is in her member profile.

Marilyne

Good afternoon!  Hope you're all feeling the Holiday Spirit, and getting everything accomplished that need doing before Christmas!

Last we heard from Beverly, she wasn't feeling well, and had gone for some tests and procedures.  Here's hoping that she is better, and that we'll hear from her soon.  Others missing here as well . . . Callie, Jean, Jackie, Joy and Jeanne P?

Jenny - Let us know how Michele is feeling since she had the bad reaction to her chemo pills?    She is so brave and determined.   I pray she will bounce back again once she gets her meds straightened out.