Random Image

Babe

Owner: Amy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:11:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarsGal

Gosh, keeping track of George's ups and downs is exhausting. Here is the current scoop. Yes, he was responding on Monday. Tuesday he didn't, so they sent him for a brain scan. That is how they discovered he had a stroke. This morning he appears to be responding again. I think I should give up on keeping people posted. I never know whether he will be better or worse from one day to the next, he bounces around so much. Still, the doctor is not optimistic. He is allowing two people in to see him at a time now, so his girlfriend plans on coming down tomorrow.

It is a beautiful sunny day, but very windy. Hope tomorrow is sunny too. The sun always perks me up. I've been doing some paperwork today and changed out my toner cartridge which was easy. Can't say I got much else done.

Found out this morning that my Vet tested positive for COVID-19 after his young daughter caught it. The family is now in quarantine. They don't expect him back in the clinic before the 19th.

Denver

MARSGAL, I am very sorry to read that George is in dire condition and that you continue to stress over the kitty cats. 

Thank you, MARILYNE, for your kind words.

I WISH I did not have to tell our sad news....but things have happened and the only thing we can do is accept the fact they have and try to move on.

*A group of Bob's first cousins all had Covid from being together at a family wedding. 
*Another of Bob's first cousin was found dead in his home in S. Florida...he had esophagus cancer.
*Our sweet neighbor that lost her legs and has been fighting infections for 3 years contacted us to tell us her daughter was diagnosed with colon and lung cancer.  Of course she is well aware of our Michele's colon cancer and what she has been through.  She is having her surgery today.
*The preliminary report from Michele's MRI is not good.  There are signs of more growth in her cerebellum.😩  A group of doctors will look at it and will discuss the next plan of approach.  She is in a lot of pain and not sure why.  Of course, I have to say again how thankful I am for your thoughts and prayers.
*This morning, we got the word that one of the cousins husband has died from Covid.  So far the rest of the group seem to all be recovering.  The man who passed is 61 years old and had a new grand baby born the first of this week.  😩

I am way behind in reading all of the posts, so I hope to get them read soon.  I do wish you all a good day and I hope you and yours are staying safe from this awful virus.  I am appalled at how many people still continue to go through their daily lives like this pandemic is NOT serious and therefore continue on with life as if there is nothing to fear.  Bless their souls IF this horrid virus gets them or any of their loved ones. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Jenny, hugs and prayers  for you and your family. My goodness this is a lot to shoulder.

I can not understand why people don't take this serious either.  All ages are now coming down with covid and dying!

All I can say is stay strong and stay safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Sandy

Jenny,  I am so sorry to hear
about the difficulties that you
and your family are suffering
through... it has been very difficult
for you all for such a long time.. 

I hope that somehow you can
find some peace...  but I do know
that with so much sickness in your
family, it is hard.   

hugs
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Marilyne

Jenny - So sad that Michele's MRI showed a new spot on her cerebellum.  I'm hoping that she will be able to have the Gamma Knife treatment again?  Prayers and positive thoughts continuing for her, and a candle will be lighted in her name, on the online Candle site.  Prayers also  for Bob's cousins with Covid, as well as his cousin who died from esophagus cancer.  Praying for your neighbor's daughter, that her surgery will be successful. Too much sadness and worry for you to deal with, all at once. I hope that you and Bob stay well, and that you both will soon be getting the Covid vaccine.

MarsGal - Don't give up on keeping us posted!  It's good that George is feeling better even if he is "bouncing" back and forth from good to bad.  Interesting that he is allowed to have visitors, so he must no longer be contagious?   Do you think you'll go to visit him?  I hope that Lily, is adjusting to being at your house, and that your cats will accept her?

Now time for me to get ready for bed.  I feel worn out, although I did nothing all day accept sit here at the computer, or in front of the TV.  Watching the ongoing situation in DC, for the second straight day, is extremely stressful, but I feel it's important to know exactly what's going on in our country. 

MarsGal

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts.

Jenny, last night I was wondering how Michelle and family were doing, so thanks for the update although it is not good news. You must be overwhelmed by all the disheartening and sad news from your extended family and friends.

This morning I am going over to feed the kitties. There is trash to take out. With luck I will get over there before the trash pick up. When I mentioned the trash, the GF asked me to clean his refrigerator out of anything spoiled used and outdated while I am there. I guess she is going to start cleaning the place up a bit while she is here.

I am not going over to see George today.

PatH2

MarsGal, I admire your courage and determination in coping with all this.  It must be very hard. Do give us any news you feel up to writing, but I know it can seem like a chore.  Take care and stay as safe as you can.

FlaJean

Jenny, so sorry to hear about everything bad that is happening, especially about Michele.  

Marsgal, even 'tho George is not doing too well, it does sound like he is getting good care.  Bad news about your vet.

Yesterday was my regular visit to the ophthalmologist and everything is good.  I haven't been posting but I've been glued to the TV with all that has been going on.  Will life ever be "normal" again.

We are just hunkering down and staying home except for groceries and medical visits.  Larry and I both need to go for our regular lab test and keep putting it off.  

Hope all of you are doing well physically.  Thinking about all of you and trust that everything is going good.

patricia19

I have nothing good to say about the current political situation altho events had me literally shaking in anger.

Jenny and MarsGal, I am so sorry for both of you. I know how crazy and unpredictable such situations can be, and sometimes not being able to control events is hard. I hope both of you are taking time for yourselves; however, limited that time may be. Rest, plenty of liquids; treat yourself as if you have a cold and coddle yourself when you can.

Tomereader1

I don't respond very often to your posts, but you all can be sure I am thinking of and praying for each of you.  So sad to have so much illness and death happening, when we all were hoping for something much better in this New Year. I know Michelle is, and has been, in all our prayers.  This is one strong lady to have gone through all the treatments she has. Prayers for George, and for MarsGal, a stalwart friend indeed to manage his fur-baby household.

When the rioting was on TV, I was actually sick to my stomach, and so deeply ashamed for our country.  A small taste of what other countries go through on a regular basis, as sad as that may be. 

God Bless Us Every One! 

patricia19

Tome, I wish I had your eloquence. You've said it so much better than I could.

MarsGal

Sad to report that George passed away last night.

Amy

MarsGal, I am so sorry..condolences to you and his family.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Marilyne

MarsGal - I'm shocked and saddened to see your bad news this morning.  I'll be thinking about you, knowing that you will be facing difficult days ahead.    

CallieOK

MarsGal,  I am so sorry to learn about George's death. My prayers are with you.

patricia19

MarsGal, I didn't expect such sad news this morning about George. This terribly cruel disease seems so capricious. May he rest in peace now. I am so very sorry.

Amy

Patricia, this disease is worse than cancer. Doesn't care who it attacks, runs rampant through countries killing maiming all in its wake.  A friend of my son lost her brother...he was healthy ,no underlying problems and only 50 years old.
Jimmy Dean

shirleyn

MarsGal, so sorry to read your bad news this morning.  You are in my prayers.

shirleyn

FlaJean

Marsgal, My condolences.  It is so sad to hear about George, your long time friend.  We just got through a bad year and this new year doesn't seem any better so far.

Larryand I both have to get our driver's licenses renewed soon.  Last time (8 years ago) it was so easy to renew online, but this time we have to make an appointment.

I haven't heard anything about vaccinations for covid in our area.  Have any of you gotten a vaccination?  I sure hope things get better soon.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Tomereader1

Larryand I both have to get our driver's licenses renewed soon.  Last time (8 years ago) it was so easy to renew online, but this time we have to make an appointment.

Same thing with me.  I made the appointment, showed up on time with all the requisite paperwork, had temperature check at the door, sat in the 6 ft apart chairs till my number was called.  The lady then discovered the Birth Certificate I brought was a photocopy of my Certified Copy.  Sent me to a nearby County Office to have them pull up a copy.  The person at the door didn't even know that they did that there, sent me to another place.  Finally ended up at same place, and they could not pull up my Birth Certificate on their Computer system ?? Who knows why not, so I had to come home, order a B.C. on line, and am still waiting for it to show up (supposed to be sent by FedEx which I paid extra for).  Meanwhile, my license has expired.  Doncha just love government?

MarsGal

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I will still be checking in oh the kitties until we until we can find someone to take them in. Also, I expect I will be called upon to run some errands here, like returning the Comcast TV Box and Modem. The executor of the will is up in Mansfield, PA. which is about a three and a half hour drive from here.

Today there were very few phone calls compared to this past week. I took advantage of that to do some minor housework and lots of reading. Lily is settling in nicely, although she does not allow my other three to get near her. Well, now it looks like Oscar wants attention. Guess I'll go give him some hugs. He sure does like big hugs (and I like giving them to him).

Denver

A good Sunday morning HELLO to ALL.

IT snowed and was dreary all day yesterday, but the sun just came out and my attitude is getting better every minute now. 🌞

We put away all of our Christmas decorations yesterday and boy does the house look bare😥 I missed not having the soft lights last night but it is good to have this task done for another year. 

I wish to thank you ALL for your kind words and continued support and prayers.  You all mean the world to me....it is so comforting to know that we have special friends that care about us and are willing to support is everyday.  Thank you SO MUCH💗

There is a LOT of talk on the TV about those of us 70 and above are going to get our vaccine soon...but thus far, no sign of when or where we will go to get it.

I talked to my brother yesterday and he is leaving tomorrow to drive to Arizona to visit my Dad.  Oh how I wish I could go with him😘. I talk to my Dad everyday and he seems to be holding his own.  Now I will get a good insight of how he is really doing after my brother reports in.  His voice is strong and he never complains about anything and always thanks me for calling and keeping in touch with him.  Sure love and miss my daddy❣️

MARSGAL, I am so sorry to read that George has passed away. This is one crazy virus.....how some can come out of it and then others do not.  You have done so much for him over time and taking care of the kitties.  I wonder now what you are going to do with the kitties?  😩

JEAN, there is a lot of coverage on our TV right now about folks trying to get driver's license renewed....people paid for car tags back in October and they still have not received the car tags.  They did open up our DMV this past week and it has been a night mare for folks to get in.  I hope you can figure out how to do this soon.  Seems to me that they should just put all of this out one more year and then try to get renewals done. 

MARILYNE,

PATRICIA, I felt the same way as you said....in addition to all the sad things going on and then to see the mess in Washington
D. C.  I want so desperately to feel trust and that all is going to be OK in our country, but it is xtremely concerning right now.  I appreciate your caring words about taking care of ourselves....it is so very important to do.  Thank you.

SANDY, your special words are so appreciated....thank you. 

TOMEREADER, I think we all felt sick to see what happened in DC...I am in shock that we were not more prepared to protect our Peoples House...it is not like there was not fair warning that there was a possibility of trouble happening.  Embarrassed and sad that others can view these things and see that we are NOT as prepared than we are. 

AMY, I hope you are able to take it easy today and rest up for all the plans you have on your agenda this coming week😆

Have a wonderful day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

Marilyne

Just saying a quick hello to everyone  Hope wherever you live, that things are better than they are here in California, as to Covid and vaccine availability.   

MarsGal - Reality is probably just setting in for you, that George is gone.  I know he's been in your life for a long time, and you will miss him for a long time.  You'll be busy this coming week, but try to keep up posted on how you are doing?  I hope that Lily, will fit in well with your three cats?

Jenny - I wonder when your Dad will get his vaccine?  He should be high on the list, what with his age and the health problems he's had in recent years.  I'm glad your brother is visiting him this week.  I hope Michele gets her vaccine ASAP?   She needs it right away, before getting any further treatments.

Jean - Drivers licenses are being automatically renewed here is California.  Not sure if that applies to younger folks, but AJ got a notice that his would be renewed, and he received it in the mail about a week later!  His birthday was in September, and at that time they said they had put everything on hold, and not to worry about renewal until 2021.  Things have gotten so bad here because of Covid, that DMV is closed down in most of the State.  Consequently they have fallen way behind in issuing licenses, and could probably never catch up.  So just renewing everyone who would ordinarily have to take the written test and the eye test.   I don't know how this is affecting people getting a first time license?     

patricia19

The state announced in late December that all those 65 and over would be receiving the vaccine starting January 11th, so that is good news here. Yesterday we had fifty new cases in the city and one local death, a man in his thirties.

Tomereader1

And yesterday, in our county, there were over 3,000 new cases.  Same with a few other counties.  Running out of hospital beds and ICU beds.

I try to remain hopeful, but it gets harder every day.  Personally, I am not going to get the vaccination till further along in the year.  I am being "good" and following guidelines, only out to store once a week now.  I have full refrigerator and pantry, so won't need to get out. (We had light snow here today, which is a first for Dallas) some more Western counties had more snow.  Ours didn't even stick. The ground was just too warm to let it!  After about an hour and half, it quit altogether.  I hope everyone here can "maintain" as the saying goes, keep hope alive, do whatever things our aging bodies allow, and depend on those who have shown so much help and caring in the past.

I pray that your food deliveries arrive on time, your TV sets and cell phones keep working, that you have a never-ending source of new or old books to read, and your vehicles will start and run without fail should you need to get out.

Blessings to all who inhabit this awesome site, as for some of us, you are virtual family.  Hugs and love.  :smitten: 

MarsGal

Lily, instead of heading upstairs after dinner, has chosen to stay down here. She was, until a few minutes ago, sleeping on the floor by my chair. Oscar got up and disturbed her, so she went under another chair. Now she is exploring the front room with Shan following a bit behind. Yesterday she decided to come down and eat with the  others,she also explored the back porch a little,but hasn't tried the basement yet.

George was sent up to Mansfield yesterday for burial.If there is a viewing, it will be closed casket. His GF has decided that since many of his snow-bird friends are not here and with COVID still very much a concern, she will plan for a memorial service later in the year.

Pennsylvania is a little slow get the vaccines out to medical staff around here. It is being distributed, so they say, but apparently not here.

Wishing everyone happy, peaceful thoughts and better days ahead.

Shirley

MarsGal, I don't post often in here but have watched with concern about George & the cats. Since I already had my bout with Covid and confirmed my stand about having my cats trapped & put to sleep in case I had to go to the hospital or died, my heart breaks for what will happen to George's fur babies. Mine are 11 years old and feral, have known my sons their entire lives but still hide when the "boys" come over. Mine are indoor/outdoor so trapping is the only way they will be caught. I do hope you can find someone that will take them and think you have been a super friend to have done all you have. My sincere sympathy for the loss of your friend.

I just renewed my driver's license this past week. They were doing their best to keep distance as well as everyone masked. This year KS allowed 4 years but was 2 years when I hit about 70. I had a difficult time passing the eye test & explained to them about my glasses. I am trying a new optometrist this week in hopes this one will get the prescription better. The last pair was a disaster & even though they remade them a 2nd time, they were worse than the first & I got out some made several years ago that work best for distance. I still don't need glasses to read. I do have cataracts but that surgery became a nightmare & I finally just canceled it. Long story. Do hope each of you get the job out of the way, such a problem with any "standard" job because of Covid.

Denver

Hummmm.  I posted here earlier today and it is NOT here😩😤

No one else has posted either....strange!

Pleasant dreams to all. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

MarsGal

Morning all!

On the agenda today is feeding George's cats and cleaning some of their cat boxes. Then back home to hopefully feel up to doing some vacuuming here. I tried contacting a few more cat shelters. I had to send email to a couple because the phone would not ring through even to voice mail. When I called Angel Pets again, the lady answered the phone, said good she wanted to talk to me but then someone walked in who she had to attend to. She said she would call back but didn't, I expect because by the time I called it was getting late in the afternoon. I'll try again this afternoon. I also made appointments for Shan, Soda and Roxie for their annuals and shots. I doubt a shelter will take Soda and Roxie if their shots are not up to date. Ordered more dishes and a new set of nail clippers for the cats. The new mat for under the extra cat box came in yesterday. I swear these cats are spoiled rotten.

When looking out the kitchen door window yesterday afternoon, I discovered a big fluffy black with blond streaks cat on my porch. I have been noticing more cats down behind the bar below my house, so this might be one of them. Looks a lot like Shan so I am thinking it is one of his siblings' offspring. With the cats around outside, I have less problems with mice and chipmunks, and sometimes the squirrels.

While there won't be any funeral gathering for George, there will be a grave-site memorial service in the summer. His Masonic lodge will be there in full kilt and bagpipes. I hope to make the trip up for that.

I thought I had too, Jenny. Maybe I just thought about it, but put it off, then forgot.

Marilyne

MarsGal - It's still early here . . . 7:30.  I'm waiting for the coffee to be ready, so just a quick "hello".  Sounds like you're doing fairly well, and somehow managing all of those cats!  I wish you could find good homes for them, but I know how difficult that is to do.    The Masonic graveside service for George, sounds like something he would like, on a warm Summer day.

Jenny - You left a nice long message the day before yesterday, but none yesterday    There is so much going on in your life, that you probably don't have time to get in here every day.  I have no excuses when I miss a day . . . plenty of time, but some days it's just hard to get organized, or I feel too tired, from doing nothing.  ::)  :(  :-[   

Shirley - So glad you made it through your bout with Covid-19.  I really admire you for having the confidence in yourself to go it alone.  I mentioned a couple of days ago, that my husband's drivers license was renewed on line this year, with no written test and no eye test!! The DMV has fallen too far behind here in California, and would never be able to catch up, so is just renewing everyone who has a clean driving record and proof of insurance.