Random Image

Beverly

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:46:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

Jean...sounds noisy and mighty scary not knowing how close one can be - where it might land...
" There is no present like the time "

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone,
from the overcast and cool,
rocky coast of Maine. 

It is going to be in the 40's and 50's
with occasional showers here in
Portland,  for the next 10 days. 
Indicating that Spring is on it's
way.  Phew what a relief.

I am getting close to the second
week after my second Covid shot and feeling
pretty good.  Just a little tired .  The
side effects have not been too bad. 

I am going to Trader Joes with my daughter
Kelly  today.  (What a treat!) ..  then I
might get her to go to the fish Market
down on Commercial street, for some fresh
fish. 

Ah what a treat to actually get out of
my apartment and into a store. or two. 

As I mentioned before,  I will never go
out anythere with out my Rollator again.
My fear of falling has finally sunken in
so I shall be more careful in the future.

I shouldn't complain as I am not in any pain
these days nor have I ever been in much. 

As I am repeating,  I just must always be
more careful to cut my speed in half,
and walk behind my rollator every time I
leave my home.   
:banana2:  :yes:

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

patricia19

Sandy, if it helps, just remember, without your rollator you could be me.

Marilyne

Sandy -  Hope you enjoyed your visit to Trader Joe's?   We have a TJ's here in town, but it's quite small, and the aisles are narrow and tight.  A very popular store so always more crowded that I want to deal with during the Pandemic!  Although masks are required, social distancing is physically impossible!  I do like the store very much, so I'll return when Covid becomes a distant memory.   Stick with your rollator, and you won't be sorry you did.  I believe in erring to the side of caution!  (Is there such a word as "erring"?  Probably not, so I'll look it up later?)

Patricia - I hope you are doing better also?  I guess you can practice walking in the inside hallways of your building, but eventually you'll have to venture out.  Maybe when t he snow has melted and warm weather arrives.

Hoping everyone is enjoying an early Spring day?   Maybe we'll hear from Jenny, that they're home again, and all is well?

patricia19

Marilyne, I have ventured out and down to the security slash mailroom three times. Once with my walker and twice without. I'm able to get down, ride the elevator, and it's that last jaunt from the elevator to the apartment where I think about crawling. This building takes up one entire block, so it's exercising. While I am definitely improving, it has been six weeks.

Any outside trips will definitely be on hold.

Denver

You are hearing from me MARILYN, however it is not the news I wanted to share!

Reporting in on my latest catastrophe 😢😢
We rented our car and drove from Springdale to Tulsa on Wednesday the 24th......had a delightful drive on back roads to see the country side......drove downtown Tulsa.....ate a delicious half of a pastrami sandwich....took rental car returned and headed to the terminal behind my walker.  There was a rubber strip across the path and I some how lost control of my walker and fell straight down forward.  I knew immediately I was injured and would not be making my flight.  My iWatch went off alerting medical help....my first ride in a ambulance and my first broken bone.  My shoulder was out of the socket....ER docs tried to put it back four or five times to no avail.....took me for a CT scan and called a orthopedic doc to come.  He finally got it back in the socket on the third try apologizing profusely for all the pain he was putting me through, but the next step was to the OR to surgically reset it.  I have a fracture as well so have a appointment with a orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday. 

We got a Uber ride back to the Tulsa Airport  ....spent the night there waiting for a 6 AM flight.  Got home, Son Brian picked us up and got us home.....then he went shopping for us.  I slept in my recliner last night as I can not lay down.  Bob has to do EVERYTHING for me....bathroom runs, etc....bless his heart. 

I miss you all and just wanted you to know why I did not post that we were home.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny, me inside a hospital last week, you inside one this week, seems to be our way of life nowadays, ill health - accidents...Just so bad timing for you ( airport ) ...Glad you have now reached home and have your Bob to help you with your daily needs, that is a Blessing....Sending a GENTLE (((hug))) to you...

Marilyne

Jenny - I'm so sorry to hear of your accident at the airport. It sounds serious, and one of those injuries that will take quite a while to heal.  Good that you have a recliner that you can get comfortable in, because I can see that getting in and out of the bed, would be extremely painful.  Please keep us posted on how you are feeling today, and what your doctors have t say.

In the meantime, I will be thinking about you, and hoping that it will be a painless recovery! 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 ❤️

FlaJean

The day started off overcast and dreary but now the sun is shining.  We've had rain off and on for a couple of days.

Jenny, so sorry to hear that bad news of your fall.  Just hope you heal quickly.  You seem like such an active person, it will be hard for you to just be still.

Sandy, when you start having that nice spring weather, we'll be starting our worse---summer heat and constant AC.  We've been having some nice temps but the hot weather will be here before long and the worry of hurricanes.😠

Marilyne, I always visited Trader Joe's when we visited Santa Cruz when our oldest daughter lived there.  From what I've heard the area is even more crowded with people now as more and more Silicon Valley workers have moved there.

it's very quiet here today. I hope all of you enjoy the weekend.

Denver

Thank you all for your wonderful supportive words.....I am feeling a lot better today......I got off those horrible pain pills.....just taking Aleve and it is helping to take the edge off of the pain with out the awful feelings the pain pills leave you with. 

My brother came by to visit for 3 1/2 hours and I am tuckered out. 

I thought of our fried here in the SS JANE, and the shoulder injury she had, so I have a good idea of what I am in for down the road.  I do have a appointment with a trusted Dr. Jason Dragoo this coming Wednesday afternoon.  I just hope and pray he will tell me the fracture is lined up correctly so that it might be able to heal on its own...🙏🙏🙏. Dr. Dragoo is the head of the University of Colorado Steadman Hawkins right here near our home.  I have known Jason for years as he and Dr. Dave went to medical school together.  He will take good care of me and make sure it is in my best interest.  Feeling blessed. 

I love you all my sweet friends......feeling your love and support 🥰🥰.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

Sandy

Patricia... yes I do realize now just how important
my rollator is to me.  It protects me,
that is why I must use it.   

But having a physical disability makes
it a lot harder to take advantage of the
rollator.    (I am lucky that I don't have
one of those,  yet. 
The good thing about mine
(and  Jenny's) us that if need be I can
turn it around and sit down for
a nice long rest.

Jenny,  I feel for you also...  and you
knew the minute you hit the floor,
that bad times were ahead.   

I did go to Trader Joes AND goodcwill , too,
yesterday with Kelly.   It is a very Big
Store and there are people guiding everyone
around so that no big cluster of people
get together.  Joes is a great store
that we will be going back to
often .

Best wishes to everyone who is hurting
right now.  I hope that you
all get better soon. 

Sandy

― Carl Sagan

Marilyne

Jenny - You sound very upbeat and positive, which is a great attitude to have, when a health crisis comes along and overwhelms us!  :thumbup:  I hope you continue to get better every day, and that you'll be "mended" soon.  You're probably getting pretty tired of the recliner, but better than trying to get in or out of your bed!  :)

Sandy - glad you had a day out for a change, and that you enjoyed your visit to Trader Joe's!  Maybe I'll give our TJ's a try this coming week.  Now that so many people are vaccinated, it won't feel quite so worrisome or claustrophobic in there!

Jean - the Trader Joe's in Santa Cruz, is much bigger than the one we have here, and it's more comfortable to shop there.  How long ago was it, when your daughter and family lived there? 

Yesterday was Passover, today is Palm Sunday . . .  then comes Good Friday and a week from today will be Easter.  My younger daughter, Sandy, has a birthday in the middle of the week, on April 1, which I think is either Wednesday or Thursday?         

Denver

GOOD PALM SUNDAY and HAPPY PASSOVER💐. I can not believe it is Easter time again.  Remember last year when the powers that be thought we would be going to church n Easter Sunday?  A year later and we barely can do that now.  COVID😩😢😭

The poor folks that have been dealing with these awful spring storms.  Our Boston Family is getting it now.  No word about any of our family in the Birmingham area and if they got damage from the tornados😩😩

SANDY, our rollators are the best and I just hate thatI was either not holding on tight enough to the handles and breaks, but it just got away from me on that rubber bump in the path.  Anyone could trip on this thing and the airport should give immediate attention to fixing it as it is a real danger.  Glad you enjoyed your shopping trip.  Fun to get out and about now that we have our vaccinations. 

MARILYNE, I appreciate your supportive words.... truthfully Iam scared to death of the next few weeks and what they might be for me.  I had a shower today and it was frightening.....I am SO AFRAID of falling.  I have  to use my good hand to support my bad hand and arm and it was scary.  The things we just take for granted!  Bless my sweet husband... I am wearing him ragged taking care of me.  I had a hard time getting comfortable last night....tried the bed....IMPOSSIBLE tried another hair for 5 minutes then back to the recliner....Bob putting a pillow here and there and I finally got settled in. 
Take care....enjoy the rest of your day.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny

Vanilla-Jackie

Not long ago received my Hospital MRI head and neck Scan appointment letter through my door, taking place one week from today, same hospital i spent those couple of days in last week...To say i am NOT looking forwards to this - the hearing of the result, since my five plus years of my PP-MS deterioration since having my first-previous MRI Scans which proved i had MS at age of 64...

Marilyne

Jackie - I'll be hoping that your MRI, will show that there haven't been any major changes to your MS.  All of those friends I've known who have MS, it has progressed very slowly, with periods of remission.  I hope it will be that way for you as well.

Jenny - I can understand that you're worried all the time that you might fall again!  That would be my feelings as well.  I wonder if you could get a new rollator, that would be sturdier, with better support?  For now just try to concentrate on getting well.  you will feel more confident when you have your strength back.

More later.  Monday is my day to go grocery shopping, so I'd better get to it and get it over with.  Hope everyone who looks in will have a nice day today.  I know it's hard for many of us, but we all try to stay upbeat, and move forward!  :thumbup:

Denver

MONDAY, MONDAY 🌷🌷

Doing better each day!  Thanks to all the love and support and my BOB.  It is like having a new baby in the house....and I am the baby!

It will be 70 degrees today with a snow storm to follow tonight into tomorrow......crazy spring weather ☔️  I just want it to clear up and not be slippery when I have to go out Wednesday.

Due to Covid, Bob and I have done so much more cooking together from scratch than ever before.  Because of this, he can and will jump in and try his best to make us healthy meals.  His specialty is fresh chicken with a little olive oil and some spices cooked in the air fryer!  Yummy.

JACKIE, I am sorry you face this test and the fear of what the results will reveal....but I am thankful you are getting attention.  Hang n there🥰 HUGS.

HI MARILYN.... you snuck in while I was posting.  To be honest I own the Cadillac of walkers already....very sturdy and has big wheels that can go through any surface.  Probably now, it would not benefit me at all with only the use of one arm.  Good luck shopping!

Enough for now...have a good day, ALL💐

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne...
...i have Primary Progressive, with this one, there are no periods of remission...mine is more severe...

Denver

Good afternoon!  Sorry no one has posted since you, JACKIE, yesterday.  I know it is hard for many to be able to comprehend exactly what your health issue consists of but we all care so much and want you to have the care you need and deserve.    Hugs to you.

CALLIE, happy for Carson....no matter where he will hang his hat!

Another day.....doing pretty well I think.  Tomorrow is my doctor appointment and I am frightened to death thinking about how I am going to get dressed......comb my hair......get out of my house with steps....get into the car.....all things that I certainly take for granted with two useable arms. 😩😩😩

I wish you all a good evening and I hope you all are well and will check in soon. 
Jenny
🦋 Jenny

Marilyne

Jenny - Your doctor appointment is today, and I'll be thinking about you, and hoping that he/she will have good news for you!  Mainly that the fracture was set correctly for you, in AR, and that it can stay as is, and will continue to heal. 🙏🏻 🙏🏻

Jackie - I agree with Jenny. We are all hoping that your MRI will be hopeful, and that the doctor will not see much progression. I mainly hope that you are feeling as well as can be expected under the circumstances. 🙏🏻 🙏🏻

Like most of you across the country, ( except for Alaska!), we are also having beautiful Spring weather.  Temps in the mid 70's yesterday, and supposed to hit 80 degrees today.  Hoping that everyone has pleasant day, and that the nice weather continues on.

Carol

Reporting in- it is nice to "see" all.  Jenny:  I wish you a quick recovery - soon, you will be able to sit outdoors and that will be good for you..  Hello to Bob! 

I hope to make more time to check on everyone here. 

FlaJean

We had a beautiful day.  It's been a while since we've had a pizza so Larry went to pick one up for evening snack.😁

Jackie, hope all is well with you. ❤️

Jenny, I hope your doctor's appointment was a good one.  I know it was probably awkward, 'though, getting in and out of the car.

Marilyne, I love this weather.  The little azaleas we planted two years ago are just blooming like crazy--red and white.

I hope everyone has had a good day.

Denver

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GOOD WISHES TODAY.

Mydoctor appointment with Dr. Dragoo went very well and I could not have asked for better care......however the diagnosis was not what I hoped for😩😩. The arm is definitely back in the socket where it needs to be, but there is a fracture that must be surgically repaired.  Dr. Dragoo brought in the surgeon that will do this repair and he talked us through the procedures that are recommended.  This will be done at a hospital.  They hope to go in with a wire and snag the piece, which is a decent size and very likely will be able to be put in place, but if they can not successfully do this they will open the shoulder up and put a plate and screws in to do it correctly.  Long story short......either way it will be a LONG recovery time.....estimated to be 6 months or longer of healing and physical therapy and a goal of a year to have it back in good working condition. 

Not the news I was praying for😩😘

Pleasant dreams.
Jenny
🦋 Jenny

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny, sorry to read this was not the news you was expecting but 6 months- one year, at least you have light at the end of your tunnel, wish i had...Just a personal thought...that with screws ( metal ) inside your body, you would never be able to go under an MRI scanner if ever you need to go under one in the future, you would have to tell them of the metal....I remember 20 plus years ago having a painful bunion removed, i turned down the metal plate he wanted to place inside my foot, in hindsight i am glad that i did...
I hope and pray your arm mends that you wont need the metal plate and screws but, if so, it will put you right, and that is your end goal....

Marilyne

JENNY!  -  So very sorry that you are facing surgery on your shoulder.  :'(   A year of recovery and PT sounds daunting, but the time will pass quickly, and it will be worth it!   We have learned in this time of Covid lockdown, that a years time passes by in the blink of an eye!  I hope you can get the surgery scheduled ASAP.   We all be thinking about you, and praying for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.  🙏🏻 🙏🏻 ❤️ :dove: 

patricia19

Jenny, I was very sorry to read that you will need surgery and a long recovery with physical therapy. You sound informed and taking charge of what you need to do, which is half of the battle. I hope all goes well with your surgery.

FlaJean

Jenny, so sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery.  It sounds daunting but good to get it taken care of.

A bright sunshiny day but definitely a little cooler today.

Not much going on here.  Hope all is going good for everyone.

Denver

First and foremost THANK YOU for your kind a supportive words ❣️

Happy Maunday Thursday / April Fools Day. Sun is shining and we are going to have some beautiful days ahead.  It is so very hard to get out of my house with steps, but I would love to go outside and soak in some sunshine. 

I have heard the issues of Covid continue and it scares me that so many places are opening up totally....and masks are no longer required😳😳 It is up to US to take care of ourselves and do what we feel comfortable with. 

WE ALL KNOW that life is not one bit fair at some times and yet at any given moment we must open our eyes and see how lucky or blessed we are as many others are so much worse off than we are😂

My surgery and Michele's were both scheduled this morning.  Michele's is on for a week from today.  She will be in the hospital fo 5 to 7 days, unfortunately not at a close facility for Dave to easily get to....they will be putting rods and plates in to stabilize her spine.  I have not heard a recovery time but I am pretty sure it will be a long one.  😩😢🙏

Mine is scheduled for a week from tomorrow at a very close hospital to our home.  Mine is on my Dad's 97th Birthday.......guess I will not be forgetting the date of it ever! 

JACKIE, I am indeed blessed that I have every hope of a healthier life at the end of the tunnel, and for that I am EXTREMELY thankful.....it is easy to be feeling sad for MYSELF but I just can't..... I am much too aware of my personal family and friends that are not as lucky as me😩😩  Right now with the metal of my replaced hip and two knees I already light up any screen that looks through me.....funny thing.....when I walk through the airport X-ray machine they ALWAYS have checked my left shoulder??? Not sure why, but nowI will Know why!🤪🤪

PEACE 💐 LOVE 🌷 ALL AROUND

JENNY
🦋 Jenny

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
...same here for dates, my MRI Scan is taking place six days before i found my Richard dead, and the same date when i was first diagnosed with PP-MS......Oh Jenny, forgive me, you gave me a chuckle, re, your comment as i can see the funny side, ( i already light up any screen ) on how much metal you already have in your body, just never ever go inside one of those MRI ( magnetic ) Scanners, it would spit you out...

I am sad that your Michele's struggle, now surgery, goes on, and on...Now what are the odds that they were both scheduled on the same morning of the same day...

Sandy

Jenny,  best wishes to you
and Michelle next week on your surgeries

I hope that you both heal fast and get well soon. 

Sandy

― Carl Sagan

Sandy

And Jackie,  best wishes to you also !!! 

― Carl Sagan