Random Image

MaryAnns new twin babies

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:52:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

Amy, I read Helter Skelter because I remembered when it happened. I felt so sorry for the Blankas and Tate and her friends. Tate was eight months pregnant at the time. That may be why I no longer read or wish to read about true crime.

I have loved and read all of James Harriot's work. At the time, I had a pen pal who lived in that area, and he said they had many tourists because of the books. That was back when you hand-wrote letters.   :thumbup:

I had never heard of Farley Mowat but looked him up and added him to my list. I also looked up Charlie Russell, saw a YouTube blurb about him, and won't read it. I live among bears, have all my life, and believe that type of thinking is dangerous. We have had six bear kills or attacks so far this summer. Two of the killed were trying for that perfect shot, according to their cameras left behind.

I read the book, still have the paperback, of "Not without my daughter," by Betty Mahmoody. I understand people made a movie, but I rarely see a movie if I've read the book.

Denver

A good Saturday HELLO to ALL🌹. I have been here three times to post and each time I get started I get interrupted, so I am back to try again.

We have been trying to get things ready for our carpet to be cleaned on Monday.  It takes us longer these days 🤣 so we have together going now!

JACKIE, there is not going to be a funeral/burial service.  Dave is planning on having 3 celebrations of life down the road.  The first ne will be for family the end of the month.  He hoped to do the out of states ones before school starts but there just was not time.  School starts here the 9th August. Matthew is on student council and that starts next week. We do hope to attend the memorial that he will have n Arizona if at all possible.  Probably not the one in Oregan that will just be friends.

MARILYN, I believe you asked about the new puppy?  They are going to drive to Utah to pick him up next weekend.  They were to get a mini Goldendoodle  but picked out a mini Beredoodle instead.  We were a bit surprised as we thought they wanted to get a smaller dog like their current dog, Lola.  I think this little guy can get up to 30 pounds.

I have sure enjoyed all the posts about authors and books.  Very interesting. PATRICIA, I enjoyed Hemingway's quotes🤣

OK, I have to get this posted....Enjoy the rest of your Saturday.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Patricia, I have been in the Park where people are out with small children in tow trying to get a shot of a bull moose!! One man making grunting sound to attract the animal...if that moose thought those sounds were mating calls that man would have been toast!! Can't believe how silly people are in the home of animals. We were in Alberta and a woman had been attacked trying to get a photo of an elk and her young. Signs all about to stay away from the animals but no one reads..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

MaryPage

I read "The Dog Who Would Not Be" just a few years back, after reading a blurb about it in a catalog from Bas Bleu. I loved it, and passed it on to family members, who loved it as well. Someone, I think it was son=in-law Steve, bought and read another one by the same author, but he did not find it nearly as fine a book; so I have not read any others by him.

I read Herriot as fast as he wrote and published each book. David & I spent about a week in Yorkshire back in 1971, and we loved it. I adored the first mini-series from Britain, but like the new one even better.

I skimmed Helter Skelter years ago, but did not really read it. I dislike reading about people being killed. Most of the cozies I love have the body found right up front, and then have you read about the picturesque villagers, with one of them discovered to have done the deed in the last chapter.  It is a by-the-recipe outline for each book, but you don't have to be scared to death as you go along. In short, I am what is called a "Scardy Cat," and I never read Horror, Real Life Murder, Vampire books, Wolf-man books, Zombie books, and such. Can't handle them. Miss Marple is my speed. I've long since read all the books, and actually have seen all of the movies. Joan Hickson is my favorite of the many Miss Marples. She was Christie's favorite, as well and all.  Agatha Christie thought, as do I, she WAS Miss Marple!  Margaret Rutherford was the first, and the funniest, but she was Margaret Rutherford playing Miss Marple, as were each of the others except Hickson.

patricia19

Recently, in Yellowstone Park, a woman was gored and tossed some feet by an angry bison she got too close to for a photo. You should give a moose five or six feet radius and look for ears laid back and the hair on his back raised for danger signs.

In 2017, some children in an Anchorage schoolyard were pelting a moose with rocks. The moose went across the street, saw an older man in his driveway, and trampled him to death. To my knowledge, nothing was said to the children about causing the man's death.

We also have wood bison, a larger cousin of the American bison, elk, mountain goats, musk ox, and Dall sheep, and four types of bears. We have two types of lynx which are both nocturnal and secretive but have lashed out if cornered. And that's not even counting various eagles, hawks, and owls you need to stay away from.

People need to remember and understand what wild actually means. People are so excited about wolves, and it's not their fault they are behaving naturally. Still, a couple of years ago, a woman tourist from Connecticut was attacked and killed and partially eaten by two wolves less than ten miles outside of this city. We also have wolverines that will attack if you bother them.

The thing about probably both Canada and Alaska are that they are humongous places with a low population and plenty of room for wild animals that aren't normally used to people.

patricia19

If they're famous, MaryPage, people aren't going to see the character from the story but the actor who portrays that character. However, there have been some famous actors, such as the British actor David Tennant, who can bring you into the story.

MaryPage

And I am a little bit in love with David Tennant. Oh, my pattering heart!

patricia19

patricia19

Oh and thanks for Bas Bleu! I've bookmarked that site!

MaryPage

Bas Bleu, Darlin'. Wonderful catalog full of marvelous books and gifts. I sent their murder mystery puzzle to one (she's been seriously ill for a long while now) granddaughter and her 3 children. Annabelle, her 18 year-old who has just finished her first year of college totally virtually, and Will, a 12 year old who home schools, helped; while the six year old, Miles, tried to pitch in without being a nuisance. Miles will be attending First Grade at a real school, if it is strong enough to contain him. Miles is a Force of Nature. He is the one who, while Melissa was at the Mayo Clinic last summer and my daughter Anne, their "Nana", was staying at their home, was asked by Anne what he was rummaging through the linen closet for.  Miles is a very open, totally honest type, and he explained he needed material to make a parachute to wear "just in case" his plan to jump out of the 2nd floor window in the apartment over their garage to see if he could not learn to fly did not work right away. Anne, of course, tells me she turned pure white and voiceless. Miles is, by the way, extremely excited about joining a class full of students, as his Kindergarten was done entirely virtually, as well.  Anyway, Bella reports that Will solved the murder and ID'd the killer while Melissa and Bella put the last pieces in the jig saw puzzle; upon which they all three collapsed in laughter. I call that a highly successful gift. Bas Bleu is like that.

You might be entertained to know another thing about Miles. He wakes each morning and plans his day before he dresses himself accordingly and appears downstairs for breakfast. Someone says "Miles, what are your plans for today?" and a detailed list will gush forth. I love best the day he planned to write a book. He gathered some computer paper  and clipped it together. He decided what he was going to write about, and then decided to draw the illustrations first. That was when, despite much labor, he discovered he is not a born artist. (Me, I think he is an engineer.) So he asked for help for a change.

patricia19

While I've always thought and said that Will was my favorite since Belle's trip with the grandparents, Miles might be edging up. Isn't Miles the one who had a jazz band perform for his fifth birthday?

MaryPage

Good on you! What a memory! Solo and Miles are precisely one week apart in age, and it WAS Solo's 5th birthday. And quick, before you think Solo's parents are extravagant nuts like so many in their generation, they are not.

Solomon is one whole week older than Miles, and yes, they have met. Miles lives here on the Eastern Shore (you have the local accent down if you say "Easton Show.") of Maryland, and only a one hour drive from me.  Solo lives in St. Louis, Missouri and in May 2020 we were mid pandemic and the members of the brass street band were hungry.  So they walked the streets looking for paying work. My granddaughter Judith was more than happy to give them twenty bucks to play Happy Birthday to Solo, as it was indeed the very day of his fifth. Of course, she filmed it, and so it has gone out to all the family everywhere and down in History.

Solo is my daughter Rebecca's grandson, while Miles is my daughter Anne's grandson.  Solo is a big time Party Boy, and neither of them ever met a stranger.

Will may well be my top favorite of the whole 27 great grands.  It is so hard, because I love each one best when I hear from them, see them, or just think of them. Will is always the one most people forget, as he is most definitely NOT a party boy, albeit he goes without dragging his feet or anything. He hides behind sunglasses and is extremely quiet and just watches from the edges. Occasionally, he will sit down and talk with one or another older person, and then they don't forget him. Will is the quirky one. He is on the spectrum: a light case of Asperger's. He seems quirky because he says exactly and precisely what he is thinking, and it will always be the truth. Happens today is his mother's birthday, so a email Round Robin card flew around to a pile of family. Everyone sends a message, and Will's are always my faves. Today's response was:

Happy birthday to her!
She's resting right now, just taking it off. :)

MarsGal

Amy, the only Farley Mowat I have read is People of the Deer. It was written the year I was born. The book I have was my Dad's, so it is pretty old. I only just found out about Mowat's followup to the book, called The Desperate People. It is a more accurate account of the plight of the Ihalmiut. According to Mowat he didn't have access to official records when he wrote his controversial account in People of the Deer.

Sigh, Marine city live cam is still down.

The guys are going to have to adjust the new side step off my porch. I went for groceries yesterday and discovered when I used it that the riser is a little too high from the ground to the step and too short from the step to the porch. That will likely be a problem and maybe cause a misstep and tumble if I am not careful. On the bright side, I am getting railings on both sides where I had none before. I'll have to test the front steps today.

Speaking of today, if the grass dries before it gets too hot it is going to get mowed. It is really getting high. My mower doesn't like high grass. I was going to do the front yard on Friday, but the guys showed up to do the porch work.

Amy

MarsGal, Farley didn't live that far from where I was raised. He was in the Hasty P's  Regiment same as my Dad.  I did read some of his works the the ones that stuck with me were the ones I posted...Farley passed in 2014. I laughed  reading Never Cry Wolf and was deep in thought with No Birds Sang. The amount of ammunition that was spent in one day was mind boggling.

I also enjoyed books by Louis L'Lamour, Max Brand and not a fan of Zane Grey as he described every blade of grass when I wanted to get into the book:)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

It's ironic that an extensive, descriptive beginning to a book, one you want to skip through, often signals a great read once you're past the beginning!

When I was in Colorado visiting my maternal grandparents with family, I read several Zane Gray and Louis L'Amour westerns. I had a crush on the Sackets at fourteen. I also had a crush on Peter Breck on the TV's "The Big Valley and Richard Boone from the Gunslinger or Jack Palance. Not that I had a type or anything... but both of my husbands were tall, dark, and green-eyed. Hmmm...

Sandy

As I stated before,  I grew up in a family
where my both my Mom AND Dad read all the time.

Of course, we didn't have much tv, and no
internet or social media,  so reading was our
escape (from each other)

We all read but we never talked about what
we read. Politically speaking both my parents
were Eisenhower Republicans and I was a
Kennedy democrat.   No  discussing that
around the diner table.   

And even though I READ a lot,  it WAS THE ACT OF READING
that I loved.   Nott necessarily what I was
reading or what affect what I was reading had
on the world.    I can remember loving Ann Rand 's books. (the Fountain Head and Atlas Shrugged) at least twice...
because I enjoyed her writing and her philosophy
escaped me.    I was a heavy ready not a heavy thinker. 

I may p ick up some of her books on tape from the library
for the blind.    And see what I think about her now. 

It is probably still way above my ability
to think critically.     Hopefully I will enjoy
listening to her....  but somehow I doubt it.   

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ann+rand&&view=detail&mid=53EB8BDBCE77CEBA08E953EB8BDBCE77CEBA08E9&rvsmid=0B79EBA3F8A4BD04F4900B79EBA3F8A4BD04F490&FORM=VDQVAP

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Sandy

Also,  I have just
recently discovered ( I believe) that I am having
gall bladder issues. 

Which explains to me, Dr  Davidson,
why I have been having trouble with stomach
issues...  Fatty foods and Chocolate seem to be
the culprits  that cause me distress.  A little are
ok but a lot are detrimental. 

So I have set up my kitchen, pantry and
refrigerator to respect some one with
gall bladder issues plus blood thinner
issues (must watch diet with those meds, too)
and so far so good.    Pretty bland diet,  but
easier to follow when symptoms seem to have
disappeared.  If I get creative  with the
foods that I can it,  life is a little easier...

At this stage of life,  my free spirited eating
and drinking are over with.  (poor me) but
I am just grateful that i can still eat something..
lol 

:D
Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

patricia19

Sandy, we have that in common that we grew up sans television in a family of readers. We also discussed and often sniped over our political and social views at the dinner table. My parents were fifties-era democrats, and we were sixties-era democrats with all that entailed. Our primary differences were that my father was an old-fashioned man with old-fashioned views on men and women and their roles in life.

Unfortunately for him and fortunately for us, he taught us to think by demanding verification, so we learned to examine what we heard or read. He prized learning, and he emphasized apologies if you were wrong, and he would apologize if you convinced him. And expected the same from us.

As you know, I also have allergies, and chocolate and other fatty foods are often the culprits. I've learned that you can enjoy a diet without processed and chemically enhanced foods. Food often tastes better once you've followed a clean diet, and you may find that those former types of foods no longer appeal. Another benefit is shiny, healthy hair, strong nails, better sleep habits, and less brain fog. Or at least for me.

Marilyne

Sandy -  Good to see your posts this morning.   It had been a long time since we'd heard from you.  Sorry you're having gall bladder issues, and hope that a change of diet will clear things up.  The main doctor that I see, is Dr. Google!   When something goes wrong, I consult him/her about the problem, and read what others have to say about it.  Usually reassuring, but if not, I think about seeing a real, honest to goodness doctor!   They are extremely busy here in the overcrowded Bay Area, so usually we have to settle for a telephone or video appointment.  ::)   ::)   :(   Not something I like at all, and I try to avoid scheduling one.

Wildfires are raging again in the Sierra near Yosemite,  along the Nevada border, and up North near the town of Paradise. Hoping that they will be able to control that one before it strikes again like it did a couple of years ago, when it burned down the entire town.  They have been rebuilding, and people who were there before and lost their homes,  have moved back.  I haven't turned on the news yet this morning, but don't see anything on the computer, that we have any fires near us, like we we had last year?    Hoping that dry lightning doesn't strike again!   

CallieOK

Sandy,  I've also enjoyed Ayn Rand books.  I wasn't - and am not - a heavy thinker or literature analyst, but I remember thinking "I don't blame him" when I read "Atlas Shrugged".

Also understand what you mean about "limited diet".  Sometimes I think I'll eventually be limited to unseasoned, well-cooked green beans and water!  Worst thing to deal with is not being able to eat raw vegetables and very few raw fruits.  A real challenge in these times when green salads are Everywhere!!!! However, I can eat canned goods so do very nicely with canned beets instead of tomatoes, canned bean salad and baby carrots cooked just a bit past crisp-tender.

My mother was raised as a "Kansas Republican" (in those days, you couldn't get more Republican than that  :) ) and my Dad was a life-long Democrat elected to public office.  She once said,  "He may have made me change my registration but he never knew how I voted."  I suspect their votes cancelled each other's out more than once.

Jenny, what is a Beredoodle?  We had a Cockapekeapoo (my description of cocker/pekenese (sp?)/poodle combination).  He was a character.

MaryPage,  love your stories about the great-grandsons!  I remember a few like Miles in the groups in a Story Hour that I did at the library.  One kept inserting reinterpretations of "The Three Bears" as I was reading.  I should have known better but I asked if he would like to tell us a story.  Of course, he would!  He stood and very solemnly said,  "Today - I. Think. I. Will. Talk. About. God."   Oops!!!!!  "Suddenly"  :), it was time for Story Hour to end - "so sorry...maybe another time". Whew! 

Have been to church via video - now off to see what I can find for lunch

patricia19

There's 17 bears at the falls today!

Klamath Falls, Alaska

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdt1aldxafk

Or live cam,   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nprdq03e8yI

Or some screen grabs,    https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg=201075

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO to all.  We continue to put things out of place so the carpet cleaners can do their thing tomorrow

CALLIE, the bernedoodle is a cross between a Bernese mountain dog and a poodle.  Kate wanted a purse poodle, teacup or what ever.  She and her mom talked about it and decided a mini golden doodle would be a better choice.  SOMEHOW, the boys decided on this mini Beredoodle!  Not what Kate wanted at all, but he is so cute she finally agreed.  I hope she will be pleased with it as it is to be HER dog.

It is going to be a hot one here today and for the next 10 days with no moisture in sight.😩😩

MARILYN, I,too, consult with Dr. Google.  Personally , I prefer him over a real doc! 🤪🤣

SANDY, I am sorry you may be having gallbladder issues.  Sounds like you are dealing with the symptoms the best you can. 

I am loving all the author and book comments. Has me really thinking back to many of the books you have mentioned. 

Last nght we were at Dave's having a wonderful family dinner.  Just as we finished we all were entertained by two in velvet 🦌 deer.  They were just munching away on the plants and bushes in their back yard.  They were beautiful....so healthy looking.  The day before they were blessed with a bear and have bobcats often passing by.  Our poor wild animals have no where to be away from all this mass of humanity as we have taken over their space😩😢   It sure is fun to see them‼️

OK, coffee time is over....back to work.....Arkansas Son just FaceTime'd us What a treat.  I hardly get to chat with him these days.....he is so busy at work.....6 days a week/12 to 14 hours a day.....busy golf season is a very stressful time. 

Hope you all are having a restful Sunday.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

MaryPage

We spoke of deer recently and particularly of how we are actually seeing them in broad daylight and of how tame they have become. We also mentioned the problems of invasive foreign species of plant life.
One of Maryland's top government officials having to do with the environment wrote a goodbye column today in The Capital, our local newspaper.
She warns us of the future awaiting us and tells of things we may do to mitigate some of the problems.  She points out that much of this state's land is now homeowner property and that most of that is in lawn. She says that lawns are not habitats for wild creatures, whose numbers are plummeting, with species extinction in existence right here and now.
She states that foreign species: plants, insects & disease, are invasive and are destroying our environment at increasing rates.  And yes, she mentions the spotted lanternfly that we mentioned to one another.
She says we need to do these things: plant trees on those lawns. Make sure they are native, and make lots of them oaks. Remove ALL invasive plants. Stop killing off all the insects. Our species depends upon a lot of them, including honeybees and other pollinators, and predaters of pest insects. Wildlife eats them, another reason they are hungry and becoming extinct.
She asks that we support deer control. They eat native plant life, leave the invasives, and prevent the growth of the forest we rather desperately need in place of the lawns.
I was unable to find the column in order to give you a site, and I think it might be too much for me to copy the whole thing here.  The name of the author is Ellen Nibali. You can do a search on her articles.

MarsGal

Surprise, surprise. The lawn did not get mowed yesterday even though it was fairly cool. The grass was wet in the morning and the ground was soft. So, I promptly forgot about it about it. I did go out and pull the weeds growing in the new grass patches though. Going to try again today or tomorrow. Partly cloudy today and sunny tomorrow but hotter, back to 90's or close to it.

Yesterday was the Lake Hood Seaplane Base Flyby Festival. I spent some time watching it. Got to see some really old seaplanes among the flybys, and two DC3's and various other planes that were not seaplanes. I didn't realize that Elmendorf AFB was so close to Anchorage until I saw a military plane coming in with wheels down. What a busy day for the area what with the airport, air base and the festival at the seaplane base. It was a lovely day except for the mountains behind being hazy.

patricia19

Good morning from another sunny but hazy Interior day! MarsGal, we are directly and a little to the right of Anchorage, and a few hundred miles,  on the other side of those mountains, and that encompassing haze is due to all the fires in the state. The majority they keep an eye on but burn due to the unpopulated areas the fires are in.

I watched some of the festivals in times past when I lived in Anchorage, and it was amazing at that time to see so many WWII aircraft. I enjoyed close-ups of those older aircraft!

The lawn will wait for you; enjoy the weather before it gets too hot.

MaryPage, I agree with you. Alaska began a strict program back in the early two-thousands precisely for those reasons and because we have so much unpopulated land that forewarned is forearmed! I remember homeowners were up in arms in some places because some of the decorative plants and trees they had planted suddenly were illegal and had to go. I remember scientists told us at the time that in ten years, without intervention, the plants and animals would look very different, and much of what we prized would have disappeared.

A year later, we had an invasion of pine and spruce beetles that decimated the forest. The year after that, wildfires burned 6.7 million acres in interior Alaska boreal forests and tundra from June to September. That changed many minds.

Vanilla-Jackie

Just this minute taken in my first ( FREE from our National Health ) supply of TENA " extra " pads...two large boxes containing 4 large packets of 46 in each pack...Sounds a lot, and it is more than i expected but, as i get through on average 4 to 5 per day, they should last me a good 6 weeks before using my allocated patient ID and code i can order again and again saving me some considerable money...info advising to order again when i get to the half way...just thankful this will save me having to keep forking out for them in future...
...Oh and our dustman brought my bin back unemptied with my soiled pads thrown inside a dustbin liner bag, now i have to place my used TENA pads in nappy sacks, yes an 70 year old now having to buy perfumed nappy sacks...well the day i proclaim a baby is soon due ( by me ) will be a day a miracle takes place...
" There is no present like the time "

Marilyne

I see that I didn't get in yesterday at all!   Busy, busy here, all day, and by nightfall, I was too tired to put together a message of any kind.  Nothing specific or important . .. just a steady stream of people here all day.  Usually very quiet  for weeks at a time, then all sorts of activity.

No electricity for a a couple of hours in the morning, because of PG&E working on our pole in the back yard.  Having to check the stability of wiring, and replacing one of the main lines.  Then son Brad, arrived in early afternoon,  with their sweet black Labrador.  Then daughter Sandy showed up with an almost dead battery in her car, hoping that AJ could charge it for her and get a little more life out of it.   He did, but it was hopeless, so he left to get a new battery, and she and I had some nice "talking time" together.   By the time he got back and put the new battery in her car, it was close to dinner time, so she stayed for dinner and clean-up. 

It was a nice day, but I was exhausted, and content to just sit and watch an episode of a  Netflix series  we're following.   After that . . .  early bedtime.

Not much activity in here yesterday, I see?  Looking forward to seeing posts from everyone today.

Jackie - I did see your message . . . good to see you still have your sense of humor, when it comes to handling all the many Senior health annoyances.    A laugh a day helps get us through these so called,  "Golden Years".   

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne...until a few days ago i didn't even know what a nappy sack was, we live and learn... How did we ever manage without them...no disposables in our day...No wonder our landfill sites are overflowing.. ::)

Marilyne, been getting rather lonely in here, Norm's B & T, glad you popped in...

...Just had to shut my conservatory door and windows as our Summer heat-wave, our sunshine, has now turned to a sudden downpour of rain with heavy hailstones...

...although i dont drive nowadays, i still have memories that car batteries dont come cheap...
" There is no present like the time "

patricia19

Live Tour Around the World Webcams - with Lite Jazz Music - links below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPdV3Ae4ZuU

RAMMEL

A while back someone mentioned a Keurig coffee maker. We have one and have had a couple for quite a while. I heartily recommend cleaning them by their user manual instructions. Scale build up and Other "stuff" that accumulates in the works can block the small openings in it making it useless. Their cleaning solution or white vinegar does the job. Small paper clip can open the small opening in the parts that puncture the pods (if you can see well enough to see where it is).  I had coffee ground block mine once - the paper clip did the trick.
We like the Keurig because we all like different blends of coffee. I like Peet's "Major Dickason's" blend.
    Peet's is a California equivalent of our Starbucks. Strangely I find the best buy for it at Staples.

Dermatologist in the morning, better get to bed. 
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK