Random Image

Max our yellow lab

Owner: GinnyAnn
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:06:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarsGal

Shirley and MaryPage, are you getting actual open heart surgery to replace the valve or the minimally invasive kind like my BIL just had to repair his heart murmur? He is doing well, BTW, and is about to start with a course of physical therapy.

Jackie, our clocks change on Nov. 7.

Vanilla-Jackie

MarsGal..
..strange as when our clocks go forwards, America does it before UK, yet, when our clocks go back, we do it before America.. ???
" There is no present like the time "

Marilyne

Jackie -  Good Morning to you.  Still on Daylight Savings Time here . . .not sure exactly when we turn the clocks back an hour, but I think we still have two weeks yet?   I'm one of the very few who prefers Standard Time, year around, so I'm always happy when it returns. 

Callie and Rick -  I loved the "Walking Tour"!  Unfortunately, the sound quality on this old Mac, is muffled, so I couldn't understand most of his dialogue, but I enjoyed it anyway.  Fun to walk down the streets that I've heard about all my life, but will never see in person.  I was impressed with the all the high end designer shops along Fifth Ave.  I'd love to stop and look into the Tiffany window, like Audrey Hepburn did in that old movie - Breakfast At Tiffany's!

Mary Page -  Sending prayers and good wishes for your upcoming surgery next week.  I should say "procedure", which makes it sound so routine! ha ha  It really IS now safe and routine, and I have faith that you will be back home in a couple of days, and on the road to recovery.

Shirley -  I hope you make the decision to go ahead with your valve replacement.  We all should take advantage of the new innovations in heart surgery, if they are offered to us.  The medication Plavix, has been replaced by newer and better blood thinners, with fewer side effects.  My husband AJ, takes Eliquis, and has no problems with it at all. 

MarsGal -  Glad your BIL, has recovered okay from his surgery!  I know so many people who have had that procedure, and every one has done well.

Jenny -  Hope we hear from you again soon?  Bummer, that your "good shoulder",  is  now your "bad shoulder"!!  >:(    I hope the water therapy is helpful for both shoulders!

MarsGal

Clock change here at 2am Eastern on November 7. Next Sunday.

Marilyne

THANKS MarsGal!  Sounds good to me!  :tup:

Shirley

Okay, because I did have open heart surgery with the Aortic valve being replaced with a pig valve and also 3 bypasses, Eliquis ads say, "don't take with artificial valve" or something to that effect. Plavix had horrible side effects that I discovered because the surgeon putting in 2 stents last year stopped before he started, (was already prepped & IV in the arm for the "thru the groin stents"), and said, "now Shirley, you have to promise you will take Plavix if we do this"... so, trust me, you promise anything just to get off that table! Had no idea how bad it would affect me so didn't take long I switched to 325 Bayer aspirin.

What I object to is that none of the info received about TVAR indicated how long that valve should last. I point blank asked my cardio last week, what he thought & his OPINION was "if I got 5 years from this one they could just put in a new"... so I asked, "what happens to the old"... his reply, "it just pushes out of the way". Not a good enough answer for me so next question, "does it become like a blood clot & need to disolve away?"  No answer...

Now I do hate to scare you, Mary Page, but I have a son that was 58 when, because of a stupid  doctor, allowed an infection to run amuck through his system over 2 years until it settled on his aortic valve & did so much damage the group of cardio doctors had him hospitalized for a week with such strong drugs they couldn't put thru veins but straight into the heart. Then they replaced the valve with a pig one & will have to be replace the rest of his life every 10 years or sooner. The lymph nodes in his legs are damaged so bad his legs are constantly swollen & look ready to pop. He carries a 'script for antibiotic in case he can't reach his doctor, for any kind of scratch or infection.

One valve is being tested in CA & England that does not have a time limit yet, so I hoped to hold out for that BUT, if I must get the TVAR than maybe it will last until the newer one is ready. More than most of you want to read, but it has become such a common procedure all over the country it's time they tell us the "bottom line". The TVAR was new back when my valve "blew" but at that time my cardo told me "it was only for people going to die within a year".... It was being used in only a handful of hospitals about 8-9 years ago.

I don't pretend to be an authority on heart problems, but since Cas had by-passes(open heart) at least 40-45 years ago, I have learned a lot plus how so much has changed since. He did NOT take meds for the first 12 years after his surgery, then they started with the pills & by the time he died, he was taking a brown paper bag full so many different kinds. I would not stake MY life on whether all those pills kept him alive or killed him. But I will decide & not doctors what I take this time! We are not all alike & most of those pills are "one size fits all," whether you are 100 or 300 lbs. I am off the soapbox & go stuff a rag in my mouth!  :-[

I am another that would rather have same time all year, those roosters don't know about daylight savings & neither do all the other birds that sing at daybreak!  ::)

Think I need a nap. Sorry to get so mouthy but wish some of you that see cardiologist either for yourself or a spouse, ask them & see what kind of answers they come back with... and let us know.

MaryPage

Shirley, I give you my oath that I deeply appreciate every word about things medical that you have written, and will fully applaud any more you give in future.

It is absolutely true that MOST male doctors do not like to give stupid old folks, and most particularly stupid old women, answers to their questions.  They feel it to be a complete waste of their superior time, plus which we would not comprehend a word of it anyway! There are, of course, exceptions to this rule, but they are few and far between.

I have not previously asked if they will take me off Eliquis after my procedure/surgery.  The only time I have heard came second-hand and mentioned my being in hospital for 6 days (shudder!) before going on to cardiac rehab.

I prefer home, my own dear bed, and my only-a-few-steps away Porcelain Bowl!  What is a PB?  A water closet, a latrine, an inside outhouse, a privy, a toilet bowl.  Shh!  I am becoming incontinent by the day.  Shhhhh!

No one mentioned "pig valve" to me.  I assumed man made.  Another example of how it does not pay to assume!

As for years with this heart patched up, I just have to last until the assigned party date of June 24, 2029.  Once the Maryland sun sets that day, I can disappear into the neverland of thousands of variations that mankind has been inventing stories about for millions of years now.  "Where do we go when we die and can move with the group no longer?"  "Well, gather round our little fire here, and I will tell you!"

June 24, 2029 will not be my 100th birthday.  That day will be May 24, 2029, but we had to take into consideration, as we did with my 90th, the schoolchildren in the family.

Here's a medical history for you: we are all born, I am told, with a thymus gland.  This gland begins to shrivel up from our birth, and is pretty much gone after puberty.  Well, mine GREW from birth, and finally "they," the doctors, thought something should be done.  Agggggh!  So they gave it x-ray treatments until it stopped growing and started getting smaller.

I have been blessed with great medical care all of my life, but it has been, of course, the care of the time.  So it was that as a teenager I displayed all the signs of low thyroid, but they did not look that way as (1) my medical history was not being sent from one place to another and (2) I knew none of these facts.  I was 19 before a basal metabolism test was administered.  It is all done by drawing blood these days, but back then it was quite an event.  The very young FEMALE doctor I had been referred to could think of nothing BUT my thyroid that could be causing my problems at that time, so she did not say to herself :"Perish the thought!," but she proceeded with the pesky test.  And she was Right On!

So I went on thyroid medicine.  Still on it!  Because the x-ray treatments had destroyed half of my thyroid!  And I've been on thyroid medication all of these many years since!  Oh, and later I even had to have surgery to remove a tumor where my thymus gland had been.  It was benign.

But this is the point: those original thyroid pills came from pig's ears!  I swear.  Or, at least, that is what I was told at the time.  Later, they learned to make synthetic ones, and that is when I was switched over to Synthyroid.

So now I am to have a heart valve of a pig installed in my own heart?  Progress?

Shirley, I really feel burdened by the daily dosage of myriad pills I have to take, but I honestly believe that these are what keep most of us alive with our hearts still pumping after age 75.  Deed I do!

And I've been against Daylight Savings Time for years & years.  I can date that back to World War II, when the argument was that it would give farmers "extra hours" to do their work.  Now I come from what used to be a small town encircled by farms and farmfolk.  This is not the case these days, but 'twas the way back in my childhood and girlhood.  And even I could figure out fairly swiftly that the cows would insist upon being milked by their accustomed time, and they did not read clocks!  Scheesch!

Denver

H A P P Y  H🎃A🎃L🎃O🎃W🎃E🎃E🎃N  from a gray looking Colorado 🎃

I thank all of you for your kind compliments about my good shoulder ISSUE!  It is doing better but I am using it very gingerly, hoping to help it heal and become useable again🤪. I did go to the pool and moved as much as I could without doing too much‼️ 

We got our Moderna Vaccine by walking into our local grocery store pharmacy.  It was so good to get it done and no sore arm for either of us😘

JACKIE, they say that the third time is the charm, so unless I forgot one, this WAS your third move‼️. I am so happy for you that you have joined thi fine church group and you are happy.  You certainly deserve this🥰

Our son and doodle arrived at ther new home safely and are getting settled in.  One less worry for mama😘

Other son and family are packing up and will be in Colorado around the 7th of November.

SHIRLEY, I am sorry your doc has you ALL SHOOK UP"‼️  I know well how you feel about being pushed into things that you are not comfortable with, and rightfully so!  That being said, I pray our Good Lord will help guide you to make the best decision for YOU.  WE WANT YOU AROUND for a good time to come..... I hope you and MARYPAGE will both be able to celebrate that 100th Birthday AND Ihope I am here to see it🥰🥰🥰

MARYPAGE, the most positive thoughts and prayers to you this week as you start to prepare for your PROCEDURE 🥰🥰

CALLIE, I feel for your #2 son and his issues after his "procedure".  My uncle in Leadville, that you knew, had a pig valve back in the mid-'60's. Seems like some of the recent discussion do not sound like we have come ALL THAT FAR, or, it proves pig heart valves are still the best option!  Gus was working at his church and the valve froze....he passed out and fell forward on the cart of tables/chairs, and the thing started working again!  Guess it just wasn't his time!  I look forward to seeing Ellen pushing the baby carriage across the park when Ms Maisel start showing again!

COTTON CANDY, best of luck to your grandson getting to direct movies SOON!  Brave souls to go to NYC to try to fulfill their dreams🤞

MARLYN, I agree with you.....I would like there to be NO time change again ever....pick one and stick with it‼️ 

JEAN, I appreciate your kind words regarding our Dave and Family.  They are doing as well as they can be, but as you well know, IT IS TOUGH😩. Days like today, when Michele always made her special Mac and cheese for Halloween Dinner before they headed out to trick or treat😩😩. Matthew's first Home Coming Dance when all the moms and dads were there taking pictures before the kids took off for their dinners before the dance. Today, when Daddy Dave is with Kate for this weekend dance competition at a hotel, when all the rest of the girls have their mom's😩😩 I think about your grandsons family often and hope they are doing well also🙏

It has taken me forever to peck my way through this post and I am DONE FOR!

Enjoy your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Marilyne

Mary Page -  Oh how I do agree, that most male doctors, don't like to answer questions from old women!  I'm not at all the assertive type,  so I find it difficult to persist until I'm satisfied with the answer.   The doctor I've seen most in recent years, is my ENT.  I have several serious issues that need tending to on a regular basis.  My ENT doc is good, and I trust him, but he is sorely lacking in what we used to call "bedside manner".   I usually leave his office feeling dissatisfied.  I have an appointment with him at 11:00 tomorrow morning, and I'm hoping to get some much needed answers.

I didn't realize that you were going to spend six days in the hospital!  Wow, that's a long time in today's medical world.  You ought to have those nurses and the rest of the staff whipped into shape by the end of the week! :D  Also I didn't realize that you would be going to a rehab hospital afterwards.  I hope you can keep in touch with us, so we'll know how you are progressing?

Shirley -  I wish I hadn't used the word "should", in my last message to you.  It's a word I try to avoid using around family and friends, when it comes to health care.  YOU, are the only one who can make the final decision on any medical procedure that is recommended!   It matters not what anyone else thinks or recommends - you, have to be comfortable with it.    I'm more like you, in that I have to be in very bad shape, before I even call for a doctor appointment - much less surgery of any kind. I also don't react well to any sort of prescription medication.  When I was younger I was much more willing, but now that I'm 87,  I really don't care as much anymore.

Shirley

I'm in the middle of......and that is a true statement whatever time of day it is!  I'm surprised at the length of hospital stay & re-hab for doing the valve. Told me I'd just be in overnight. I was in 8 days with OPEN heart surgery & that long because the one med (I allowed) back-fired & did the opposite what it was supposed to do. Once I got off that when home I was okay. It really is not because I'm stubborn or don't want to take meds, so far the side effects are worse than what benefit they can offer. Just MY problem.

Marilyne, I will be 87 in Jan so not a spring chicken! But I really would like to spend a few more years teaching my kids, grands & greats how to grow old & have fun. Last of talk about hearts & being old, PARTY ON!

MaryPage

"The only time I have heard came second-hand and mentioned my being in hospital for 6 days (shudder!) before going on to cardiac rehab."

Marilyne, I am 92, and extremely forgetful these days, so I honestly do not remember who spoke of the above possible scenario to me; but I do know that these are NOT my final official marching orders.  I will not hear these until Wednesday at the earliest.  I am sorry my words were not more clear about that.  I sure want to get home asap.

I dislike taking my iPad into hospital.  It is so heavy to use in a bed.  Unlike the rest of you, I despise those pesky little telephones everyone has attached to their ears or thumbs these days.  So I do not have one.  I do not text or tweet or twitter or do Facebook or any type of social media other than SeniorNet, or as we are now called, Seniors & Friends.  So I am unable to be in touch until I am home.  I have Mary in Bosom Buddies in my address book, so my daughter Debi will let her know if I die.

To be honest, I am quite deaf, and have a hard time hearing on those little phones.  Also, my eyes are failing beyond what glasses can do for them, and the letters are too small.  And yes, people have suggested All Sorts of remedies for these things, but I just don't want to be bothered.  Some of today's technology I will leave to the people who relish them, but I do not.  I do not do "portals" all of the many medical practices and/or hospitals I go to ask me to use.  Blue Cross sends me a printed up questionnaire because I will not use their portal.  I imagine them looking at my birth year and sighing deeply and then saying: "Oh well, her kind will all be dead soon!"  And no, I do not blame them one speck.  I have extremely high blood pressure, and it soars if I get agitated, so people tend to really work at not getting me that way.  I have TRIED some of the portals, and the dang things threatened to kill me (via blood pressure), so I wised up and quit them.  All of them.

I can see that I am a crotchety, difficult old crone, but my family all love me very much, and in the end, that is what matters!

Shirley

hahaha, Mary Page, I do sound a lot like you, hate that cell phone but do have one for emergencies and when I go out of town. Finally learned to text but draw the line at all the other types and do not go online for any of the medical stuff. I am thrilled that I can read the street & highway signs after cataract surgery & new glasses this year... didn't realize I was such a menace driving until AFTER the surgery. Anyway, it has been a long year and I don't wanna do this deed this year, but will make up my mind later. In the mean time.........good luck with yours, I keep hearing this is a piece of cake so let's just do what we gotta, okay? Would you like to compare blood pressure numbers, trust me, mine are off the chart, but my "family" doctor of 33 years & cardio of about the same years, just admit whatever I'm doing it seems to work.

Can't believe I forgot to buy candy for trick r treaters but since I haven't opened the door for them since before Cas died, I wasn't planning to this year... but did forget! We were getting so many adults coming to the door before Cas died we didn't feel safe opening it. We tried to open for the little ones that live in the neighborhood & saw parents standing on the street, but before we could close the door some of the adults would show up & we were afraid they would push on inside. Now most of the kids can go to "Trunk or Treat" either at church parking lots or at some of the city places. Safer for them AND us older people. I usually go in the back side of the house & turn off light that show in the front. Have the front lighted with the dusk to dawn lights (built in under the overhang)... so the house looks like we are welcoming & fully expect to get the trick end, sure hope they don't slash RV tires, they are new!  :-\

Vanilla-Jackie

Beware folks " MENACE " Shirley on your roads... ;D

Shirley

haha, Not so, Jackie, got the peepers fixed!  I really didn't realize how bad they were cause I could read anything, the tiniest of any print without glasses. 'Tis the distance I had trouble with but all's well now!

Have to go back to one store, been rolling along this morning but know when I slow down sleep will catch up.

Must go disconnect a couple hoses, chance of freezing tonight or tomorrow night. I am having trouble comprehending that 2021 is nearly gone, what happened to '21?  Better go heat my slice of pizza from Sam's & get back to business. I ate one piece on the way home (& didn't get a speck on my coat). Not bad pizza but this was a little over done.

MaryPage

I got a phone call from one of the medical assistants in Interventional Cardiology at the hospital this afternoon, followed by an email from her.  The email contains detailed instructions for the 10th and it includes this sentence: "Please make the necessary preparations for the possibility of a 3-5 night stay in the hospital." 

This is definitely less than the 6 mentioned earlier, but I am hoping 3 is not the minimum.  Let's hear it for only 1 night in hospital!  And it will be the night they have pot roast!  Woo hoo!

Debi came by and helped me put clean sheets on my bed.  We also put my yummy-cosy winter comfort on.  Then she took me to the grocery to pick up a few things.  I wish cracked wheat bread were a staple, the way it used to be.  Anyone remember "Roman Meal" bread?  The only cracked wheat I have been able to buy for years now is available only in the actual bakery in my supermarket, and that comes in sourdough only.  I like sourdough, but would really like to have the good old cracked wheat.  I must have been the last customer who loved it.

Vanilla-Jackie

I must be getting dehydrated for the amount of water i have been drinking today...dont know why as i get through so many double mug sizes of tea per day, and teas are made with water...I must listen to what my body is telling me...

Marilyne

Mary Page - Three days in the hospital sounds like your best option. Not too short and not too long.   I also used to buy cracked wheat bread, and well remember Roman Meal.  I think the cracked wheat might still be available at Whole Foods Market?  I haven't looked in a long time, because I have a difficult time eating bread or any food that has lots of crunchy things cooked into it, like nuts, oat flakes, raisins, etc.  I no longer have any chewing power.

Jackie -  Water is the best!  I try to drink lots of it every day, starting first thing in the morning with a glass of warm water before I drink my coffee. Something my Mother always did.   

Shirley -  We had just a few kids trick or treating last night.  AJ put a table out in front, with a bowl full of Reese's Peanut Butter cups, and a sign asking them to take one or two, but leave enough for others.  When I went out after 8:30, to bring everything back in, the bowl was still almost full.  Fortunately, three 7th/8th grade age boys ran up my driveway, just in time.  So I dumped the rest of the candy into their bags. 

RAMMEL

We had lots of Trick-Or-Treat ers by last night. Probably 80 or so. Around here they come into this neighborhood because it is likely safer for the kids than where they live. But they, for the most part, are very polite. Some so small that I wondered how long they could keep walking. A past neighbor did what Shirley did - leave a basket with a note - and it lasted for about ten minutes.

In two weeks I have an appointment with the Eye Doctor. Judging by the way my vision is starting to blur I expect a cataract job suggestion.  My son had it done a few years back, and like most who have had it done, he said "I should have done it long ago".  I did have laser slits done to relieve pressure in the eye. It worked good and I preferred it over drops every day.

I never heard of drinking warm water. Is there a reason for that, or is it just something she picked up on?

Wishing best of luck for those going into test/fix situations.

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

RAMMEL

Quote from: Vanilla-Jackie on October 31, 2021, 09:15:36 AMMarsGal..
..strange as when our clocks go forwards, America does it before UK, yet, when our clocks go back, we do it before America.. ???
We keep changing when we do it.  Our Politicians know what we want better than we do -------- So we get xxxxxxxxxxx.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Sandy

RAMMEL
You will be pleasantly surprised
at how much better you can see after
cataract surgery.    Good luck to you .
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Rick, with the first eye they used something that did NOT work to deaden it so had to knock me out so other eye they just planned to knock me out, worked a lot better. After the new glasses I am shocked how much better I can see.

Sandy, do you paint at all anymore?  I promised my daughter I'd paint her grand dog for staying with me during the cataract surgery so need to get out paints to see what has dried up. Got the photos & am struggling with getting started.

I know it sounded rational when we first started the daylight savings but sure seems crazy now. We are feeling like winter now & Farmer's Almanac shows us in a "cold & snowy" band. I wrap up like a mummy but out more than I go out in the summer. I will get the snow blower out & ready!

RAMMEL

We have not had a killing frost yet this fall. Weather site shows that it might be possible this week. I hope so, so that the allergy causing weeds die back.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

Same here, Rick. Allergies are over the top & I'm ready for winter. Cold weather tho I feel so much better am pretty sure I'm going to cancel letting them mess with my valve right now. Not convinced their motive is 100% for MY benefit. At least I'm alive & what they are planning is what killed my brother a year ago.

RAMMEL

Quote from: Shirley on November 01, 2021, 11:20:03 PMSame here, Rick. Allergies are over the top & I'm ready for winter. Cold weather tho I feel so much better am pretty sure I'm going to cancel letting them mess with my valve right now. Not convinced their motive is 100% for MY benefit. At least I'm alive & what they are planning is what killed my brother a year ago.
Hunt around for a second opinion.  I think they do a lot of text book stuff so they don't leave themselves out on a limb. Are there symptoms of pending trouble that you could be on the lookout for?
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley...
...that's it, go with your gut instinct, if something doesn't seem right, it usually isn't right..this is your body, not theirs, be your own advocate..Same as i am not putting my body through the Ocrevus ( Ocrelizumab ) infusions...MS Consultant says it comes with risks, i already knew that, plus it doesn't cure......

Vanilla-Jackie

Mary Page - Jane S - Shirley...
...sending prayers your way for your forthcoming procedures when they take place...Jane, i know nerves are taking over as your day gets closer..i am assuming, more nervous of the outcome, more than nervous over the actual procedure..

Sandy

Shirley,
I suppose there comes a time in ones
life when one just figures "screw it"!
No matter why,  I am done with procedures!

I personally would listen to Rammel's sage
advice and get a second or third  opinion. 

Both of my parents died as  result of
pace makers....   But if the day comes that
I will need one,  I am going to try to
let this history go and listen to the
doctors that believe I should have one.
But they will hear about my parents unfortunate
events. 

Best of wishes in your making good decisions
for your self with the help of those who
are trained  in cardiology. 

Once I lost a great deal of vision in my
eyes,  I lost the desire to do art work. 
It strains the vision in the one eye
that I can now use to see.

Life changes and I have learned for my self
to roll with the punches and listen to what
my body tells me about "over doing" things. 

It won't be long before the time
changes here on the rocky coast..
leaving more light in the morning and
less in the late afternoon.   

And so it goes
Have a good day, everyone!
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

MaryPage

You are a very wise woman, Sandy Dapph.

And I agree with Rammel about 2nd opinions, as well and all.

Funny, but when I think back, after reading Shirley's and Sandy's comments, I realize there were little slip ups or what ifs or something like in quite a few deaths of family and/or people close to me.  I suppose all medicine, from Galen on down through the thousands of years, has seen many unintentional mistakes.  Well, I do believe that most of them do the best they can, albeit some can't get out from behind their convictions.  You know, and I know, what is bad news for those who have that type deciding what is best for their case: it is this, WE ARE EACH A LEETLE BIT DIFFERENT.  Hey Shirley, can you match 236 over something high, but I forget?  They whooshed me off to hospital with a siren and some good looking guys that time, and one other.  I cannot remember the numbers for the other time I flew 1st class over to AAMC. Now what do you think: is it a fun way to be scared or a scary way to have fun?  OK, OK: I'm being flip.  For me, it helps iron out the scaries, as it were.

I cannot remember every name to thank you all for your good wishes and thoughts; but I AM grateful.  Thanks to Jackie & Jenny and every other sweet, caring person in here.

i had my cataracts removed back in 2006.  Piece of cake for me.  Seems a shorter time ago, but then, Time speeds up when you're my age.

Marilyne

Good Afternoon to all who look into Bait and Tackle, today.  I'm getting a late start on the day, but hope to catch up eventually, with at least some of the things that I planned to accomplish.  On a scale of one to ten, my energy level is only at one or two today, so I will probably end up sitting here at the computer, or watching some TV. 

Last night I didn't sleep well, and for some unknown reason, a song from my childhood was running through my head . . . "A Tisket, A Tasket, my little yellow basket".  I was trying to remember the lyrics, and  I finally got up and looked it up on Google.   It was a hit for Ella Fitzgerald, in 1939, and I can remember singing it back then.   A happy memory. 

Mary Page -  I agree that we are all different, in how we react to health issues and  medications, and on how we approach upcoming surgeries or procedures.  I'm a,  "glass half-empty"  personality, so I always worry about all the things that could go wrong, and mull everything around in my mind, to the point of exhaustion.  I think Shirley and I are a lot alike in that respect.  You seem to be positive and optimistic, which makes it easier to make a choice, and be happy with it.   Because of your attitude, I think everything will work out well for your upcoming procedure. 

Time to find something tasty for lunch.  I plan to come back later, and post the YouTube video of Ella Fitzgerald, singing,  "A Tiskit, A Tasket".     

Marilyne

Here's a recording of Ella, singing "A Tiskit, A Tasket",  with the lyrics shown on screen .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqXtBeWffbk