Random Image

jacob

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:54:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
...my heart goes out to your Michele and her family, children and hubby, oh how the uncertainty...

...your today will soon be over...i feel the stress you are under...

Edited: Oh just heard our lunchtime news ( 12.45 pm ) telling of the death of our Prince Philip - Duke of Edinburgh, just shy of reaching his 100th Birthday cum June... our Queens loyal husband, 73 years married...I am so sad and shocked to hear this very sad news, my heart goes out to our Queen...Sad day indeed for our - my Country - UK..
" There is no present like the time "

Marilyne

JENNY - Thinking about you today, and hoping for a successful surgery this afternoon!  I'll be looking forward to hearing from you, whenever you feel like writing. 
I'm very worried about Michele.  That she is in the ICU, is not a good sign. I will go to the candle site this morning, and light a candle in her name.  I'll also light one for you. 

JACKIE - I'm feeling very sad about the passing of Prince Philip.  I know it was expected at his age, and with his health problems, but I was hoping he would live to celebrate his 100th birthday in June.  My condolences to Queen Elizabeth, and to the Royal Family.   

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne...
...good thought and suggestion, i had as good as forgotten our link to...

https://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle/

...I will light a candle for Michele, Prince Philip and one for my Richard on Sunday, remembrance of 2 year anniversary of his death...

Vanilla-Jackie

It has been on 5 ( UK ) tv channels non stop for the past 5 plus hours including our usual 6pm news....It looks like it will be on until our 10pm news...Told it has been on tv's across the world...

I have been glued to the tv footages of his life and if one sentence keeps cropping up it is " he always remained at her side.." now THAT is loyalty...

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne - Jenny...

...thank you for your two posts yesterday, ( N's B & T ) and Marilyne, thank you for replying to my postings, i am aware i am invisible to some...Yes, expected at his age but still comes as a shock...this is an end to an era....

Jenny, hope all went to plan - kept to timing of your arm appointment procedure...

Marilyne

JENNY - Hope we hear from you today, that your surgery was successful, and that you are ready for rest and recuperation?   Also, I'm thinking about Michele, hoping that she is out of ICU, and feeling much better?

JACKIE - Our news channels have also been showing lots of interesting stories and movie footage on Prince Philip.  Last night. I woke up around 2:00 AM, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I turned the TV on, and they were playing a full biography of his life.  Very good and worthwhile watching.  I think it was BBC?  I'm a "Royal Watcher", from way back, so I'm very interested.  I remember watching both the Coronation,  and also the wedding of Elizabeth and Philip.  Both black and white TV back then, but was excellent viewing. 

FlaJean

We've had 3 dreary days of bad weather---rain and distant rumblings and some close by.  Right now at 6:15 PM Central the sun is shining.

I was sorry to hear about Prince Philip.  

My oldest daughter and husband had a close friend die from Covid today.  He was in the hospital and doing better and then suddenly got worse.  My son-in-law was recently around him but, thankfully, has tested negative.

I hope Jenny's operation was successful.  Such sad news about Michele.

I hope the sun is shining wherever you all are!

Tomereader1

Jackie, you know how I feel about "The Royals", love them dearly and watch anything pertaining to the U.K., The Monarchy, etc.  Our dear Prince Phillip will be sorely missed, and my heart goes out to The Queen, knowing how hard it is to lose our "one and only love".  Bless her heart. 

Wish you could have a bout of good health, intermittently at least.  But like "they" say, if it ain't one thing, it's another.  God keep us all from "another"!

patricia19

Interesting...

"Milder conditions are on the way for Alaska for the new week, as the jet stream adjusts. After a high of just 20 degrees on Friday in Anchorage, and just 3 degrees in Fairbanks, afternoon high temperatures are forecast to soar back near 40 degrees on Monday, right around normal for mid-April.

But the cold air will have to go somewhere.

In the coming days, the extremely cold air is forecast to shift to the southeast across parts of western Canada and the northwestern United States. Temperatures are expected to fall so far Saturday night and early Sunday morning, that some record low temperatures could be challenged in major cities across the area.

Low temperatures on Sunday morning are forecast to reach 34 degrees in both Portland, Oregon and Seattle, which would challenge daily low record temperatures that were tied 20 years ago.

Cities like Salem and Eugene, Oregon, are forecast to drop below freezing. In addition to challenging records, some frost is likely outside of the city centers.

Temperatures are forecast to rebound quickly, with high temperatures on Sunday afternoon not far from normal. Warmer-than-normal conditions with temperatures in the upper 50s or lower 60s are likely again by Tuesday.

As the week progresses, the colder air will shift into the north-central United States into the middle of the week. Temperatures could end up as much as 25 degrees below normal for the middle of April."

By Courtney Travis, AccuWeather senior meteorologist

Updated Apr. 10, 2021 11:04 AM AKDT

Vanilla-Jackie

Jean ( FlaJean )
...good to come in this morning 6.15 am and see your posting, i was getting rather concerned over you...

Sorry to hear the sad news of your daughters friend to Covid..Although UK numbers have come down dramatically and we are now out of lockdown, this reminds us we still have this nightmare around and it can come back with a vengeance at any time, we simply cant drop our guard...

Tomereader
...i know our American friends have held high regard to our UK Queen and Royal family, and for that i feel our closeness to your country...
Oh yes, i feel the loss and sadness our Queen is going through at this time, and she is such a private person, i very much doubt she will show what she is feeling inside to the world...but we know dont we, many of us have lost our dearest loved ones, our hubbies our wives...Literally we die with them..

Oh yes, i dont want any more bouts of " another " whatever that may turn out to be...

Jenny
...hope you can manage to use your good arm and hand to come in and make a posting of how " well " your arm procedure had gone..

Marilyne
...yes we watched them in " black and white " no colour tv's back then...

Well today 11th April is the date 2 years ago i found my Richard dead in his armchair in Dorset...It is also the same date 6 years ago when i was diagnosed with my PP-Multiple Sclerosis...also the same date 12 years ago which fell on an Easter Saturday that my-our dog number one died on the floor of our kitchen, we were both at her side....
We have all heard of the expression of " bad -sad things happen in threes...11th April is a date i shall never ever forget and all for the sad - unhappy reasons...

Shirley

Jackie, sadly we remember the days when someone leaves us, family, friends or pets. Wonder why we can't remember the dates when something super happy happened....  I've never had a same day like your April 11 so am sure that has to be overwhelming. Be nice to yourself today. Do you have places to order food to be delivered? We do here but I found one this week that I can order by texting and pick up (easy for me with a car). My daughter says they use the delivery service often when they are busy or tired, since her husband has been working from home most of the time. Treat yourself on this day and think of the good times.

I have been reading everything about the Royals and heart goes out to them at this time. How sad it would be to wake up every morning and know you have no privacy to mourn, to cry or just sit and think. I've been a fan of the Queen since she was a child during the war. Of all the people in the world in the limelight, she is the only one I truly believe has always done exactly what was expected of her. Can't tell you how much I admire that lady.

My sister had a pen pal during WWII that she exchanged magazines with and I loved the ones she got from England, "for children". They always had tidbits of what & where the Royals were, especially Princess Elizabeth (my daughter's middle name is Beth). Even then she was a perfect young lady. How sad she is losing the love of her life and the one person she has been able to tell anything to and know he would never betray her trust.

My brother did the research and found 11 or 12 grandfathers back Queen Elizabeth and our line had the same grandfather. He had 2 sons & we came from one & the other line became the Royals. I always felt I wouldn't trade all the luxury she has for my privacy and freedom, but it's been fun to think about "what if", and always a feeling of "kinship".

I didn't know this when we lived in Marlow & High Wycombe, but we did get a chance to visit Windsor and tour St.George's Chapel. I wonder if that is where Prince Philip will be buried. The then head of the Church of England put his arm around me and showed me where various Royals were buried and the sword in the stone. I was 20 at the time & guess he thought I was someone's lost kid <smile>. I would never have recognized how much history was in that one building without his tour. My dream of returning "someday" never happened, but I do have the memory.

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley
...i am still taking - drinking Laxido sachets to maintain that i will never ever go through that 21 hours of faecal Impaction, ever again, so really watching the foodstuffs i eat...oh please dont temp me, cheese cake...

hm, now must i be curtseying you...you are a throwback to our Royalty...

Shirley, Marlow will now be a very expensive part of UK to live in...And yes, like you, i visited inside Windsor Castle as a child and saw the famous Queen Mary's Dolls house...

As regards to returning to UK one day...words of my late father..." never say never, girl.."

Denver

HAPPY SUNDAY 💐💐

I survived my surgery‼️‼️  Everything went great and the surgeon was extremely happy with how it all turned out.  The hospital was wonderful and I was pleased in totality with my care.  I had some issues with low potassium and sodium,but they filled me up with bags of both until  I thought I might pop with swelling in my hands....and it brought the numbers up enough to let me go home about 5 PM.  I was feeling great and planned to write a post last night when all of a sudden I hit a brick wall about 7 PM.  I hurt EVERYWHERE really badly.  I took their super doper meds  and managed to get through the night with a little rest!  This morning I have slowly but surely improved and am now comfortable with only taking the Aleve that I feel does me well.  Dr. Dave said if I need more pain coverage I can go back to the oxycodone tonight, but I HOPE I do not have to as I truly do not think it does that well for me.  I I know how my body reacts and I need to do what I think serves me best! 

Michele has remained in the ICU unit here near us at a hospital and her numbers are improving but still not good.  They are going to transport her this afternoon to the hospital where her back surgery is scheduled to take place on Tuesday.  It is still questionable if they are going to be able to get the blood corrected in time, but they are hopeful.  Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.  She needs them now more than ever🙏🙏

I will never forget the day of my surgery......not only was it my Dads 97th Birthday but of course the passing of Prince Phillip.  Bobs Mother Margaret, being born a English Citizen, we have always followed The Royals.  Although Prince Philip has not been well, I certainly wish he could have enjoyed his 100th Birthday Celebration.  RIP dear man. 

I can not thank you all enough for your kindness and support you have so willingly given over the time our Michele has been fighting this battle and now we all know she needs our prayers more than ever.  I thank you ALL for your positive thoughts and prayers🙏🙏

I forgot to mention that I did have to come home with oxygen......this is pretty common here with the altitude.  They sent us with a bottle home then a company delivered a concentrator and extra bottles to us when we go to the doctor.
Have a good rest of your Sunday.

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Marilyne

JENNY - Great that you're home, and that your surgery was a success!  :tup:  Now time to just sit back and relax, as you heal and recuperate.  Interesting that you had to have oxygen, but I can understand, what with the high altitude.   Something we never think about, here in coastal California, where we are at sea level! 
So sorry that Michele is still in the ICU, but sounds promising, that they are moving her tomorrow to the hospital where she will have her back surgery on Tuesday.  Hoping and praying, that her numbers will come up to what they want, and that the operation will take place as planned.  I will continue on with prayers for her, and for you too!     I hope we hear from you tomorrow, that you're feeling better, and that all is well with Michele.

Jackie and Shirley -  I never tire of reading about, or watching news reports of the Royal Family.   I did see the short speech that Prince Charles gave yesterday, and could see that he was visibly grieving.  I've been following all the usual speculation regarding Prince Harry, and I'm happy to hear that he will be attending his Grandfather's funeral service.

Patricia  - I hope the predictions are correct, and that you will be enjoying 40 degree weather tomorrow?   It will likely seem like a warm Summer day for you, after such a long siege of zero and below. I hope you feel well enough to go outside for a bit, and enjoy the sun! :sun:             

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
...i knew you would sail through it...now for your healing process...Now just dont go doing it again ( taking anymore falls. )

Marilyne...
...as for Prince Harry, i would have felt angry if he wasn't coming back for his grandfathers funeral and, i feel happier to know he will be coming back ALONE...They should both be ashamed ( she is an actress ) of the public televised interview when Prince Philip was obviously on his deathbed in hospital...terrible timing...also shame on Oprah and our tv channel for airing it when they did...Phew, glad i got that off my chest....

Denver

Good afternoon.....

I am doing wonderful......quite comfortable pain wise with only one Aleve a day.  Walking some and I have done my minimal exercise they will allow at this point. 

No news from Dave yet today regarding how Michele is doing.  I am hoping no news is good news🙏🙏

A storm is headed our way.  Do hope it is more than snow as Dave has a good distance to drive to be with Michele.  Both of their boys are back at home doing online teaching again due to Covid numbers😩.

JACKIE,I am indeed sailing along quite well and I hope to keep it that way as I hopefully remain UPRIGHT! 😘 Taint funny, as I am REALLY AND TRULY horrified at the thought of a fall‼️

MARILYN, they transported Michele yesterday to the surgery location hospital to assure she had a bed.  I am hoping we will hear soon that she is doing well enough to have the surgery🙏🙏🙏  I am worried about my son as he has so much on his plate with Michele, the children and then of course ME oh and his JOB!  I assured him this morning that I am doing great and not to burden himself worrying about me as we are good. 

I hope everyone reading this is doing well.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

patricia19

From what I understand from the legitimate news outlets, not the tabloids, Harry might not have been able to return to England for the funeral due to Covid restrictions; he was able to get a waver. And her doctor advised Meghan not to travel due to her pregnancy.

I'm sorry if some feel the need to sweep uncomfortable realities under the rug if they don't agree or have prejudged opinions. I and many people speaking out in the US, as well as folks I know in Scotland and England, say the interview was needed and long overdue even if they don't think things will change.

Marilyne

Jenny  - Good to hear from you today, that you are doing well, and that Michele has been transferred to the other Hospital, to wait for her surgery.  I'll be hoping that it will be done this week, and that it will be successful!  Always prayers and positive thoughts always going out to her. 🙏🏻 🙏🏻    I've been meaning to ask you if the older of the two boys, is 16 yet, and will be able to soon get his drivers license?    That would be such a big help to both Michele and Dave, when she comes home from the hospital, to have another driver there.  I know you and Bob will be there to help, as soon as you are feeling better, but that maybe won't be for a while yet?

Jean  -  Sorry to see that your daughter's friend has died of Covid.  I have known a few who have had the virus, but fortunately they have all had light cases.  There seems to be a new surge of cases across the country, and not enough of the vaccine for all those who want it.  I hope that enough will soon be available for everyone, and that the numbers will go way down by Summer.

Jackie -  You're probably just waking up to start your day, and I'm getting ready to go to bed.  Only 9:30 here, but I feel extremely tired tonight, and my eyes are closing.  I accomplished a lot today, but I did overdo, so Goodnight to you and to anyone else who is looking in. 
                                                              :sleep:

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne...
...you are right, looking at the time of your posting, i am posting 1 hour after you and our UK time is now 6.30am...so wishing a good night to you as you tuck yourself up inside your bed...As for me, i am now up and my kettle has just this minute boiled for my first mug of tea of the day, which is now Tuesday....

Oh Jenny...
... believe you me, no laughing matter, balance and falls are my major concern also due to my MS...falls have become the bane of our lives...

I am happy to hear our Prince Harry is already back home here in UK, arriving safely for the funeral...supposedly self isolating at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor...

Denver

Michele's surgery is underway....8:25 MDT.  Dave said she is in good spirits and ready to get this procedure done. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Happy Harry is home for his grandfather's funeral.  May the love of family comfort them ALL🙏

MARILYN, unfortunately Matthew does not turn 16 until the 22nd of August and it will be a few days after that date when he is eligible to get his license.  You might remember Dave had to drive Matt to a town called Craig, way up in the NW part of the state, to get a appointment as nothing closer was available due to Covid.  It will help a great deal when he is able to drive!

Have a good day 💐

Jenn
🦋 Jenny

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
...wishing for a good outcome for your Michele as from today onwards...

FlaJean

Glad to hear you are doing well, Jenny.  Surely hope all goes well with Michele and her operation.

After 4 days of rainy weather, we are enjoying sunny weather again.

Our oldest daughter lives in B.C. where they are suffering with an uptick in the number of covid cases.  It isn't so bad in our area of Florida as it has been in  south Florida which is more heavily populated.

Patricia, I know you must be ready for spring after so much late cold weather.

Things are pretty humdrum here, but I like it that way.  Have a good day everyone.

Amy

Jean, I saw on the news where BC is a hot spot. Hope your daughter stays safe! Please send some hum drum this way.....would love to enjoy it :))
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

CallieOK

Prayers for Michele.

Jenny, I'd forgotten that Matt had to go all the way to Craig to get his permit.  That's NOT an easy drive!!!!

Weather gurus predicting "possible frost" in the Oklahoma panhandle tonight.  It's jacket weather in the OKC area.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Denver

Update text from Dr. Dave at 11:19 MDT

I just got the call from Michele's surgeon. Everything went fantastic. They were very pleased. Plastic surgery is just scrubbing in now to start the closure. Not sure how long that will take. It will still be several hours before I'm able to see her. Very relieved and feel blessed that we have such a great team. I'll keep you informed as I know anything new.
🦋 Jenny

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
...good news on Michele's first road to recovery....

Marilyne

Jenny -  Thank you for letting us know that Michele's surgery is over, and that it was successful!  Now wishing her a speedy recovery! 

Now that you reminded me, I remember when Matthew got his learner's permit.  Only four months to go for his license!   As everyone knows who has raised teenagers, getting their driver's license is a huge step into maturity!       

CallieOK

Jenny,  thank you for the Good News about Michelle's surgery!!

Tomereader1

Such great news about Michelle's surgery.  Prayers still abounding.

Denver

A good Wednesday HELLO 💐

ALL OF THE KIND AND SUPPORTIVE WORDS for Michele are truly SO APPRECIATED!  I love you all for your never ending support and prayers💞💞

I am doing my darnedest to feel stronger everyday....disappointed at how quickly I "poop out" but that is what surgery does to ya. 

No word yet on how Michele is doing, but I bet they have her up walking already! 

Have a good day ❣️

Jenn
🦋 Jenny