Random Image

Ray Franz

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:58:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryPage

Just dropped in to say I am so comforted to find y'all have kept up this dear old place, what with Norm gone and all.  It has been so long a time since he started this forum.  I seem to recall we had passports at first?  Norm had to issue those.  And did we have passwords?  My memory is shot all to you know where these days.

Possibly I am remembering the forum called Michigan?  Did Norm start that first, and did it morph into Norm's?  And was there a controversy along the way as to whether or not Norm could put his name on a forum?

Possibly I am making up my memories and spicing up the facts?

I went into Photos the other day to wish Bubble a happy commemoration of her country becoming a nation and tell her I can actually remember the day their flag was raised up for the first time.  Now I KNOW that is a true memory, because those old, old, old ones really are.

In May 2019 I turned 90.  My family came from all over the nation to celebrate with me on June 22nd; choosing that date because all of the children would be out of school.  They ALL came, and it was Heaven for me.  It was held at my daughter Debi's place nearby.  She lives on the water.  Members of the family provided some great entertainment.  Almost everyone from far away stayed a week: some the week before and some the week after.  It was nice that they did that, because I was able to spend more time with each individual group.

Bubble kindly posted a photo of all of us.  8 children, 13 granddaughters, and 26 great grandchildren.  Plus a lot of spouses. I've had one more great grandchild since, and now number 28 is on the way, landing expected around Halloween.  I show the photo to everyone, and say "Find Waldo."  Waldo being me.

I do not do Facebook or Twitter or any of those things.  There is just no time in my life for such like.  I do not even own a cell phone.  Hearing mostly gone, and sight not so good.  But LIFE is good and I spend a lot of time thinking about my family and how much I love them.  Every single one is my favorite!  One of my sons lives with and takes care of me.  I've had both of my Covid shots (Moderna).  Family members phone me notice and stop by and leave things at my door.  Then I go out on my kitchen balcony and give them my best Queen Elizabeth wave, and we talk.  I am on the second floor of a three-story building.  With the terrace apartments being down a half-stairway from the front, and right on ground level in the back, there are only 10 steps from the front to my place; so family members on the sidewalk are not all that far away.  Ava, who will turn 5 this month, comes by often when her grandparents pick her up from school.  She is a talker, and always has plenty to tell and show.  Life is so different for Ava than it was for me.  I got tossed outside after breakfast, and they pretty much did not expect to see me again until lunchtime.  Every hour of Ava's day is arranged, and she never goes outside without an adult.  She takes violin at her school; starting that at age 3!!!  She goes to Karate lessons once a week and dancing school (ballet and tap) once or twice a week.  I relish what she has to say, and find her very normal for today's little girls.  She adores the Disney princesses, and wants to be one.  Pink is her favorite color, and she has been trying to talk her Daddy into painting their whole house, inside and out, pink.  One thing I hold close to my heart: there are 5 little kids in her Karate class, and I get sent a lot of videos of it.  There are 4 boys and Ava, and Ava is the Best in the Class!  Woo hoo!

Marilyne

Mary Page  -  Welcome back to "Norm's Bait and Tackle".  Not as populated now, as it was in the long ago, but a few of us are still checking in every day or so.  I don't think there are many still here, who were members of the "Michigan" folder, but maybe a few that you will remember?   Jenny, (Denver) I think,  and Patricia,  and also Shirleyn still posts occasionally, as does Beverly. 

I started posting here in B&T about four or five  years ago,  thanks to Mary Ann Tock.  She asked me to join this group, and I've been here ever since.  It's been a year now, since she's been gone, and we still miss her every day.

I enjoyed reading about your 90th birthday celebration, and also looking at the photo of your large and lovely family.   How wonderful to have so many children, grandchildren and great-grands.  The fact that they all came to be with you, is a real tribute!    Your little Ava, sounds like a charming five year old!  Children are busy with planned activities, almost every day,  which I hear is the norm now, in today's world.  Like you, I went outside to play every day with neighbor friends, and only came home for lunch and dinner.  On school days, we walked to school, then walked home for lunch and back again to school, and home again at 3:00.  Nothing bad ever happened to any of us over all those years.  I always felt safe and secure, but our world is different now.   Life has changed, and our grandkids and great-grands  have adapted, and are doing great!

Some days it's very busy in this folder, and other days, not so much.  Come back whenever you feel like posting.  Someone will always be here.

FlaJean

If April showers bring May flowers, Northwest Florida will be a pretty place.🙂
Another dreary and rainy day.

What a delight to see Mary Page's post.  I've missed her thoughts and insight on subjects but good to know she is doing well.

Jenny, good news about Michele and hope your recovery goes well.

Marilyne, sure wish we could share some of our rain with your area.  I think we are getting more than our share.

well, will get back to my book.  Have a good day! 

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Mary Page,  so wonderful to see you here again.  Helona and I missed the Williamsburg Bash because a severe storm hit the OKC airport as we were sitting there waiting to get on our plane.  Flight was delayed and storm was moving in the same direction as flight would.  Rerouted flights would mean we'd miss half the fun...so we gave up and came home.

Jean, central Oklahoma is having the same kind of weather - except Jenny(Denver) may send us some of her snow and cold temperatures!  At least we're not having tornadoes...yet!

I'll join you in getting back to books.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

MaryPage

Yes, Callie, I remember the announcement of your not making it, and how intensely disappointed I was.  We were sure all of us a whole LOT younger in those days!  The Williamsport Bash was great, and a whole lot of us are gone.  You get used to that being an ongoing thing, but it still hurts.

Sunny for a while, it is now a grey day here on the Bay.  On the whole, we have had a comfortable Winter and the most gorgeous Spring you can imagine.  We all agree, in these here parts, it outdid itself in bursting forth in blossoms.  The cherry and pear and magnolia and forsythia are pretty much gone now, and the apples and red bud and dogwood busting out.

Sandy

Good afternoon Everyone..  from the
rainy and snowy rocky coast of Maine.
We are having a Nor Easter!!   
Surprise!!

Hi MP, good to see you posting. 
 I have been here in Norms since the
beginning   and sure do miss the ole
folks now that they have gone.   Norm
and MaryAnn and of course Papa John...
Plus, of course, many many more!
We will never forget them. 

Otherwise all is well here,
except for, of course,  the  Nor Easter!!

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

FlaJean

Good afternoon everyone from a wet and rainy day in Northwest Florida.  It rained all night but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny.  I noticed yesterday that we are having vincas from last year's seeds showing in our little front garden.  These plants aren't the trailing types we call periwinkles but vinca rosea.

I love flowers but not able to do yard work anymore.  My back got tired of all that bending over and let me know that yard word is a thing of the past.

Patricia, how are you feeling these days.  Any hint of spring in the air?

I hope you are feeling a little better, Jackie.

Larry has gone grocery shopping.  A thoughtful husband didn't want me getting wet in the rain, but there might just be a little ulterior motive there 😀, I spend more money when I go.

Amy, we have plenty of humdrum today, wish I could send you some.😊

Marilyne, I always look forward to your posts.  You are so consistent that when you don't post, I immediately wonder if all is ok with you.  I still miss Mary Ann's posting.

Callie, are you busy reading today?  What would we do without books in this pandemic.  We still keep our visits out very limited even 'tho our governor doesn't seem to think it necessary.  We live close to a big air force base here in the panhandle and many people are still masking up for grocery stores, medical services, etc.   I think that has helped our area in keeping the covid cases low.

Hope everyone is feeling as good as possible and having a good weekend.

patricia19

Good afternoon from the Interior! Nothing new here; everything weatherwise is progressing steadily but slowly, as is my leg. I hope Jenny and Michele are both healing and resting as well.

We've begun our morning text again around here, which is nice. We had stopped for a while, but now it's nice to check in again to know alls alright in our small corner of friends and neighbors.

The days are running into each other as I spend most time resting. No real pain unless I attempt too much, and mainly it's a sort of vibration around my ankle. I'm sure my Osteoarthritis is involved.

We are presently in the plus thirties and forties, some plus fifties with some sixties due next week. The graders have put the snow into trucks to be hauled away off the streets, and the yards are slowly melting.

MaryPage

Loved watching the funeral this morning.  What an awful thing that sounds to say; but truth be told, I did love it.  They say Prince Philip chose every bit of it himself, and I say he had great taste.  The music was nothing short of divine, and I sang along with when they did our Navy Hymn.  Don't worry; no one heard me.

I adore music, but am not a musician.  Anyone here know what the highest note was that woman singer hit?  I was extremely impressed.

My senile dementia messes up my current daily memories Big Time, but I remember clearly, as though it were yesterday, listening intently with a friend to the wedding.  It was a grey November day in Silver Spring, Maryland, where I lived at that time.  We only had radio, though we were on the cusp of having television.  Well, black & white television.  But the announcers were so good, their detailed descriptions made us feel we were right there.  So today I am feeling a strong sense of beginnings and endings.

Today on the Bay has felt like someone was turning a light switch on or off every hour or so.  We had some delightful sun splashing all around, followed by grey discouragement, then back to sun.  At the moment, the waters are surprisingly empty of boats or ships of any size, the tide is coming in, and the whole scene is colored from smoky chalk blue to pale blue-white.  Oops, I lie!  There goes a very small, very fast power boat.  Now it is followed by another, and they are racing into the mouth of the Severn River.  My guess is they are literally racing one another to be the first to get into Annapolis Harbor to one of our great restaurants in time for their reservation.

Denver

A Saturday Afternoon HELLO to all.  I enjoyed watching the simplistic but beautiful funeral from the UK.

So wonderful to see your post MARY PAIGE. Loved your family birthday pictures so much.  How delightful. I do know who sang the highest note ever.....Georgia Brown.....had it on a test many years ago andI believe she hit the 10th octave, nwhich is as high as the human ear can hear!  Might break glass for all I know🤪🤪🤪 I wish I could plant myself on your balcony to enjoy the view with you. 

PATRICIA, happy your morning texts have begun again.  Some thing for you to look forward to. I know your leg /ankle is better, but I think you have been very patient to let it get that way.  I managed  to pull my good shoulder so could not type at all yesterday....still pulled but moving somewhat better.  Thank you, and others for asking about Michele.

Unfortunately Michele took a turn for the worse yesterday. Dave knew she was very confused on the phone when she called him very early yesterday morning.  After he arrived he could tell it was much more serious than just being anesthesia related.  He asked them to do something, I can't remember the official nam, and they discovered a brain bleed.  Many tests and discussions but realize it is a weekend and all they thought they ere going to do, the now have told them not until Monday.  Mind you she has not had food since Thursday dinner.  She has now ordered something.  A CT scan during the night showed the bleed has stopped for now......they reversed her Eloquist (blood thinner) with a 21K dollar shot.....feeling it caused the bleed.   We are of course extremely concerned about this, but nothing more we can do other than continue to pray🙏🙏🙏

CALLIE, we indeed got plenty of snow and cold air to send your way.  Just no wind to cause tornadoes 😪🤪🤪

My arm has had it so I must say bye for now.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Marilyne

I'm late getting in today. Older daughter and granddaughter will be arriving here tomorrow, so I was out, loading up on the groceries, and then a side trip to Walgreen's for shampoo, hand lotion, toothpaste, and other niceties for visiting relatives.  Thanks to the Pandemic, it's been 14 months since they last set foot here in our house!

Mary Page - I recorded Prince Philip's funeral, and plan to watch it as soon as I finish this message.  I would have preferred to watch in "real time", but felt I had to get out this morning and get that shopping chore out of the way.   Like you, I also remember the Royal Wedding, followed a few years later by the Coronation.   At that time I was about 19, and was with my parents, visiting Vancouver B.C., and Victoria.  I'll never forget how Victoria was decorated in honor of the Coronation!  It was absolutely beautiful - flowers everywhere and flags flying, and pictures, and shops filled with souvenirs! A lovely tribute indeed.  I remember we saw the Coronation, on a TV in our hotel room there.  That's probably when I first became a "Royal Watcher".

Patricia - Good to hear you're feeling so much better, and that the morning texts with friends have resumed.  I hope both Alan and Dora, have recovered from their bout with Covid, and have no lingering after effects?

Jean - Sounds like Larry and AJ are similar in their shopping style?   AJ likes to do the grocery shopping for me, but sticks right with the list.  He is definitely NOT an impulse buyer.  I always tell him to get anything else he sees that looks good to him, but he never does! ::)  I can't do yard work anymore either, but I walk around the yard every day to check on anything that blooming or that needs attention.  I do turn on the hose, and add water to the birdbath every morning, and clean it about once a week or so.  That's my yard work!

Jenny -  We were posting at the same time, so I just saw your message.   So sorry to see that Michele is having some serious problems!   I'll be back later to comment more.

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...

...apologies for ignoring other members who have posted - replied to me but just had to respond to Jenny...I am just lost for words, re, your Michele...if it is not one thing, it is another...just glad the brain bleed was found sooner rather than later...Just hope and pray they are on-top of what actually caused it, the blood thinner...
" There is no present like the time "

patricia19

Marilyne, they're recovering, but while not hospitalized, it did take so much of their time and energy. They have a diabetic cat, and they had to care for Duchesse and their other two cats. They're going to take it easy for the next month and go slowly.

FlaJean

We have sunshine!  It's nice to have a sunny day after several rainy nights and days

Marilyne, I had to laugh when I read your remark about AJ getting only what is on the grocery list---sounds like Larry.  First thing Larry said when he got home from the store "I got everything on the list".  It was pouring rain when he got home so I'm sure glad he decided to go.

Gigi and Jeff were here yesterday and brought us some meatloaf and potatoes.  We had already had dinner so we had them today.  It was so good.  He made a really good topping for the meatloaf.

I sure hope Michele gets the help she needs today.  She sure needs a break.  I'm afraid I would have given up by now.

I'm sorry I missed the funeral of Prince Philip.  I've been watching so little TV and don't think we even turned on the TV Saturday.

Have a good day all.

Vanilla-Jackie

Woke up to find a message on my mobile inviting me to book my second covid vaccination, so now booked online for my first available date and took the earliest time, thankfully same surgery so will need to book a taxi...This appointment has come a week or two earlier than expected....

Marilyne

Just a quick "Hello" this morning.
I've been missing for a few days, thanks to a visit from my out of town daughter, and granddaughter.  Mostly just a whole lot of talking and catching up going on, but today we're going over to Brad and Jackie's, for a few hours.  It's grandson Jake's 27th birthday, so will be dropping off a present for him.  He doesn't live there, but they will see him soon.    Then tonight, Sandy will be coming here for dinner, so I have to figure out something easy and tasty for the five of us??    Costco . . . here I come!  :D  ::)

patricia19

Good morning from the Interior! Nothing new here other than any room cleaning I used to do in a couple of hours; now it takes a couple of days! We're not getting more snow, it's retreating, and the graders and dump trucks cleared it from the roadways. Everything is muted whites and browns with temperatures to remain in the thirty to the fifty-degree range here the rest of the month.

I seem to have no gumption yet, but it's coming back but slower than I'd like.

Denver

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

MarsGal

Morning everyone. We may or may not get some rain today, maybe off and on drizzle more like.

I have been working on a major clear out of stuff in the house getting rid of stuff that needs gone and stuff that I have kept around forever just in case I need it or want to get back to working on but never did. It is a slow process and at times depressing but somewhat liberating at the same time.

Also, I am looking around at some senior apartments to see what is out there that is affordable for me. However, there aren't any apartments, senior or otherwise, that will accept three cats. The house and yard are beginning to be a problem for me to keep up by myself. The expense of staying would include someone to do the yard work, and necessary upgrades to the house including getting a bathroom on the first floor and remodeling the kitchen which is badly in need of new cabinets and flooring as well as windows and doors. In the long run, selling the house before it becomes too decrepit is probably best. I'm guessing some of you have already gone through this. Jackie, I well remember your trials going through this process.

On another note, I have been watching two airport live webcams in, of all places, Brazil. One is just outside of Sao Paulo and the other is at Porto Dumont at Rio. And yes,I get to see Sugarloaf Mountain and the statue when they swing the camera far enough in that direction. What is really neat about Porto Dumont is that I get to see both planes and ships as the airport is right along the entrance to the bay. I even got to see what looked like the Brazilian presidential aircraft several times during the day, as well as security and law enforcement checking out a small fishing vessel a bit too close to the runway for their liking. Several ships that looked a lot like Coast Guard vessels were hanging out in the area (one even looked a lot like Canada's Griffon). At Sao Paulo, which seems to get a lot more traffic than Porto Dumont, the clouds come right down to the "deck" evening and morning, every day. The webcams change from one end of the runways to the other during the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmrq8lBr35I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DkuxipFa6I

patricia19

MarsGal, thank you for the two Brazilian cams. I've put them in my cam folder. I wish you luck in finding a solution for you and your cats. it isn't easy sometimes to find a solution benefitting everyone.

Vanilla-Jackie

MarsGal...
... hard decision when you have pets to consider...

MaryPage

Oh, Feel such deep sympathy for MarsGal, and hope she can find a solution soonest.  Sold my house in 1996 and bought a condo.  Then, after a few great years there, moved here to Annapolis to be closer to where the largest number of the family would be nearby.  Bob died in 2006, Chip moved in with me in 2011, and I've been living a happily ever after life ever since.  This apartment with the to die for view is a condo also, but I rent.  My landlord lives upstairs and we are great good friends.  Still, have tons of stuff I'd like to get rid of by giving it to family.  When I try, they say "No, no, Gran!  You keep your stuff and enjoy it." Sense they really hate to see me downsize because it makes them feel my death is imminent, and they don't like that feeling. Bless their boots, I WANT them to take some stuff!  As for death being imminent, hey that possibility begins with birth!

Chip gets his first vaccine today: Moderna. I am much relieved.

Jenny, are you the Denver Darling Jenny of early days in Senior Net?  If so, we met in Williamsport back in 2001.  Have some great pictures on a VHS video, with no idea at all, at all, as to how to even look at them, much less show them.  My last VHS machinery died some years back.  Have taken a whole bunch of family videos to a geeky place where they cheerfully, and expensively, made discs that will play on my Blue Ray machine. It has not seemed cost effective for me to get the Williamsport Bash one reformmated, so I haven't.  No time in my daily life to look at all the family pictures, much as I wish there were.  Once upon a time I imagined myself being old and looking at all of my carefully kept up albums: one for each child and one for each grandchild, with their names on them in gold leaf.  Ha!  There are over 55 of them on bookshelves now, and no time to pull them out.  I have managed to get Some of them carted out of here by their Subjects!

Amy

Mary Beth, we haven't met but I must say I thoroughly enjoy reading your upbeat posts!! You have a fantastic outlook on life . I understand where your kids are coming from as I am also trying to get rid of items we do not use ,this late in life. Our cooking of meals has gotten smaller.....no need for large casserole dishes or huge pans that now take a crane to lift it seems.

I hope Jenny doesn't mind me answering you but yes she is
 Denver Darling...or the darling of Denver . :)

Nice meeting you..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

MaryPage, I live in a huge five-story, block-sized disabled, independent senior living complex. The front has lovely trees and plantings, as well as individual garden plots available to tenants.

Unfortunately, my apartment faces the back, and last fall, they cut down all the lovely birches facing the back streets. We live right next to the building's private dog park and a bow of the Chena River, but in between is a sizable area of vintage homes and older industrial portions.

So, no view available, and since the back faces northwest and all the balconies are recessed, no real light for gardens either. That's the negative. However, in today's market of limited, expensive rentals, the pros far outweigh the cons; 24/7 security and maintenance, public cameras and self-locking doors, free laundry, etc. There is a seven-year waiting list for this building.

Marilyne

If I knew then what I know now, we would have sold this old dump of a house long ago, and moved into a condo or maybe a small one story Craftsman or Ranch style house.  No stairs!  Who knew, when we bought this house in 1971, that we would still be here 50 years later!  I loved it for the first 30 years,  but that would have been the right time to sell and move to something smaller and easier to take care of.   

MarsGal -  I can relate to how difficult it must be for you, to manage those stairs many times every day.  Having the one bathroom, upstairs, would be impossible for me.  Fortunately,  bathrooms are the only thing we have plenty of in this house.  One downstairs and two upstairs.  This house is a split level, with living/dining room,  kitchen and three bedrooms upstairs and family room, bedroom, bath, basement and garage,  downstairs.  The stairs are steep, and there are 14 of them! (I count them every time I slowly walk up, clinging to the nice sturdy bannister!) 

MaryPage -  Your condo sounds perfect for you and your son.  I remember years ago, when you talked about the view from your balcony, and your lovely blue flower pots filled with geraniums!    Sounded so nice and peaceful and pleasant  to me way back then, and now wish I had followed your lead.  I guess we are all meant to live out our years in different ways?

Daughter and gr-daughter, are busy loading the car and preparing to leave for home, so I best close this message off, and will return later today or this evening. 

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from the sunny
and warmer rocky coast of Maine!

Amy ... 

Decision making about what to do in the future.  Never
easy but cleaning out and reorganizing is a very good first
stip....    Animals are a concern... most senior apartments
limit how many we can have.      And that is sad but a reality
that we ALL need to face if we choose to move on to  live
where our lives will be easier.    i was fortunate enough to make
these decisions early  and have no regrets.   I do worry about
my friends who choose to stay and fight so that they can keep the
things they love the most,  like animals and gardens and homes
that they have lived in for so long.   

Good luck to you  for facing up to your
future and what you really need . 

Thanks for the airports cams ..  I have saved them
and will check them out.

Sandy

― Carl Sagan

MaryPage

Hello, Amy.  Thanks for the intro.  I am an old, old early days Senior Nettor who became a Seniors & Friends poster when darling Pat took us under her wing and figured out what could be done when SeniorNet dumped us (stop one & all to hear the musical gritting and grinding of teeth on my & I know Sandy Dapph's part!).  I made myself quit in 2016 when I knew various things had to be eliminated from my daily schedule to take care of other essential ones.  I don't do Facebook or Twitter or texting or ANYthing, never have done; don't own a Smartphone or anything like.  Coming back to message Bubble on the anniversary of Israel, I'm sort of in; at least for a while.  I'll be 92 next month, and am overwhelmed by how much I DON'T get done in the shortness of these days.

Sandy

So glad that you decided to come
back and join us "old folks" here on
Seniors and Friends.   We have been
lucky to stay in touch.  Stay for a while,
we need your wise words and council...

:smitten:
love Sandy

― Carl Sagan

Amy

MaryPage, I also don't do  FB or Twitter. We do have a phone not sure how smart it is or I for that matter when using it.  When we worked (carpentry work) we were in isolated areas at times and used it for emergency's

Sandy, pets are first and foremost here. Some will argue they are well spoiled but we will argue that they are well loved as they should be. I know we will have to give up on things like burning wood and may need help for snow removal but we can do that for now.

Take care..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Well, Mary Page, I am Tisie from the old SeniorNet days.... somehow during the crashes I came back as Shirley. When I first joined SrNet there were other Shirleys, so one unusual name never fails, my mother's nickname, Tisie. Glad to see you are still around. We have our MO connections, my daughter lives in St.Louis (Creve Couer) again, she transferred to Seattle & back to St.Louis twice, now retired from Boeing. I was so in hopes of getting to MO while the redbud & dogwood in bloom, but cataract surgery & new glasses still pending.

I can relate to the debate whether to remodel or not, in my case I vote NOT unless something makes it urgent to do a fix. I figure the cost will balance out, spend money now or give someone a write off to do their own fixing... and I don't have to put up with the mess. As Is works for me. I can't move unless willing to have 3 feral cats put to sleep. I will NOT have them tortured by letting them live trapped inside nor go hungry because we adopted them when their mother gave her babies to my husband, and made them depend on us. One baby died and Mama Callie moved in with us after the people that fed her moved. My husband was already dead but he knew I'd take care of them for him.

Anyway, we do what we must and be as happy as we can, right? My mother always talked about the "phases of life": we are kids, we are teens, we are young parents, we are gr-parents and we get old & older (if we're lucky). So far I've enjoyed each phase and wouldn't want to sound too much like Pollyanna, but this may just rank in the top. For the first time in my life I don't ask anyone's permission to do what I want, don't ask anyone what they want to eat before I decide what I'm hungry for, and still able to get around on my own, not bad for 86 in my book. Few drawbacks... BUT I won't list 'em.  ;)

I also don't do Facebook or Twitter. When my brother died last year some of the nieces & nephews created a Facebook page just for family members/cousins, to exchange photos & messages. Even that has gotten too complicated for me because every member's other followers get connected some way & I just don't bother anymore.

My youngest son will stop by in a couple hours so I've got to get busy & clean the dust bunnies off these dark floors. I'm anxious to show him my tomato plants & that the packages of lettuce/ spinach/ endive seeds are up & lookin' good. Was not easy keeping a cover over them the last 2 nights of freezing/snow, but they didn't wilt at all. I have a bucket of small trees from the Arbor Day Society... I send a small donation & they send tiny trees that I plant & then give away. Was snickering to myself that they won't bloom or get full growth for 20-40 years. BUT someone will enjoy them and my yard guys love me for making them drive their mowers around all those little trees.

By the way, Mary Page, I also remember the day that Israel was born all those years ago. Was a very satisfying thought to me at the time and I think the founders have done an excellent job.

No more stalling.... So many posters missing, what a pleasure to have met them all, and a special treat when someone returns after a long absence. I know of a few that are living but not visiting with us so LURKERS, COME HOME! TALK TO US! Tisie/Shirley