Random Image

IMG_1590 (1280x960).jpg

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:11:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Jenny., Tom may have caught something from me, but I don't think so.  He burns his candle at both ends and I think things caught up with him.

Deedee, when the cat is outside, he doesn't wander far from the front door, but I still don't trust him.  He is a cat, after all.

Mary Ann

wjoan

Mary Ann, it looked like about 3 maybe 4 eggs in the second down nest on the left.

JeanneP

Gloria Vanderbilt and her son have really been hitting the TV a lot in the last few weeks. I have seen them on at least 4. Wonder why. Other than to push the book they wrote.  Sure her life was different than most be some things we don't need to hear about it everyday. Always the same thing.  I would just like to know what she did and still does in order to look that good.
They use to say if you lived a wild life you would die young. Didn't do that to her. She had to have been a drinker, smoker for years.  Maybe if the library  purchase the book I will read it. One day it will be a free one on our Readers.
JeanneP

deedee

Quote from: JeanneP on April 13, 2016, 01:04:45 PM
Gloria Vanderbilt and her son have really been hitting the TV a lot in the last few weeks. I have seen them on at least 4. Wonder why. Other than to push the book they wrote.  Sure her life was different than most be some things we don't need to hear about it everyday. Always the same thing.  I would just like to know what she did and still does in order to look that good.
They use to say if you lived a wild life you would die young. Didn't do that to her. She had to have been a drinker, smoker for years.  Maybe if the library  purchase the book I will read it. One day it will be a free one on our Readers.

That's easy, JeanneP. Unlike Joan Rivers, Gloria hired the best plastic surgeon on the planet. His work is amazing. Not only was her face (and neck) beautifully sand blasted, but she can move all the parts on it as if it were her original face. Amazing.

Joy

Jeanne,   I think that Anderson and his mother were on so much as they were promoting the film on HBO last week.   Haven't heard anything this week at all.  I would have liked to have watched the show, but I don't get HBO.

I enjoyed the different talk shows that they were on last week.  She does look good for her age.

I did watch parts of the Jackie Robinson series on PBS the past 2 nights.   His wife was a big part of the comments, so I am assuming she is still alive.   I only watched the last part on both nights.  Ken Burns always does a great job with shows like that.  I think I heard him say his daughter and her husband helped a lot on this show. 

Joy
BIG BOX

Kelly

Hi Everyone
It has been mostly a day in for me, though I had a nice walk this afternoon.

A friend called to see me and e had a good chat and a cup of tea and a biscuit.

Kelly

MaryPage

I don't think they were promoting the film, I think they were promoting the book.

The HBO film is called Nothing Left Unsaid, and that is HBO's baby.  They are not out promoting it.

Together, they wrote this book called The Rainbow Comes and Goes, and THAT is what they are out promoting.  It has had good reviews, and because it reminds me so much of my childhood (not my own as relating to hers, that is to say, but she was all the news back then, as were Shirley Temple, Sonja Henie, and The Dionne Quintuplets), I have ordered it from Barnes & Noble.  I look forward to enjoying it immensely.

JeanneP

om/photo.php?fbid=10156342912335693&set=a.10151513026090693.842629.780880692&type=3
JeanneP

Denver

Good evening.

Sorry to not get here earlier as I do have wonderful news to share......
Michele's PET Scan is negative......so she is free of any cancer now and has been cleared for her surgery on the 26th. 

I can't tell you how relieved we are to get this news today!  I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  It has been comforting to know that we were having prayers said all over the world.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Thanks to you, MARYPAGE, I was able to tape the Charlie Rose show and see Anderson Cooper and Mama Gloria.  She does look better than most that have been under the knife MANY times.  I am n the wait list at our local library to,read their book.

Agree with you, JEANNE LEE.  Much of the discussions the media has shared has been more information than I ever needed to hear. 

MARYANN, burning the candle at both ends does have a way of catching up to you.  I hope you and Tom are,feeling MUCH better.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Kelly

Hi Jenny
Wonderful news regarding Michelle and she is in my thoughts for her surgery on the 26th.

Kelly

larryhanna

Hi everyone on this fine Thursday morning.  We are in the low 50's this morning and will only get to the low to mid-60's later this afternoon.  We apparently had a little rain during the night. Today will be a typical Thursday for us. I did take the donations to our Community Ministries yesterday for their Thrift Store.  The man came on time and fixed our garage door by totally replacing the unit that opens it.  He was here about 15 minutes but it still cost $85 for the visit.

Today I will pick up my friend to take to coffee and then take him home and go from there to the Church for the Wisdom group meeting at 11:30.  I will stop at the Post Office for a roll of stamps that Pat needs for the cards she sends out on behalf of our Sunday School Class. Is everyone aware that the cost of first-class stamps was reduced to $0.47 on April 10th?   

There is a nursery right next to where I have coffee so may check out their selection for some herbs to plant.  Today is finally the day that our new Aldi's grocery store opens.  We have two $5 coupons to use there during the next couple of weeks. If I have enough energy left after the morning activities I may briefly stop at the new Aldi's.  This store being so close we won't need to make such big purchases as can easily stop there for a few items at a time.

Kelly, always pleasant to have a friend to visit with.  I think that is why I have always enjoyed the coffee and lunch groups I have participated in for so many years. 

Jenny, wonderful news regarding Michele.  I am sure your whole family was floating on a cloud when you got the great news.  Hopefully she will soon be able to resume her regular life and put all of this away in the back of her mind.  Prayers do work.

larryhanna

Hi everyone on this fine Thursday morning.  We are in the low 50's this morning and will only get to the low to mid-60's later this afternoon.  We apparently had a little rain during the night. Today will be a typical Thursday for us. I did take the donations to our Community Ministries yesterday for their Thrift Store.  The man came on time and fixed our garage door by totally replacing the unit that opens it.  He was here about 15 minutes but it still cost $85 for the visit.

Today I will pick up my friend to take to coffee and then take him home and go from there to the Church for the Wisdom group meeting at 11:30.  I will stop at the Post Office for a roll of stamps that Pat needs for the cards she sends out on behalf of our Sunday School Class. Is everyone aware that the cost of first-class stamps was reduced to $0.47 on April 10th?   

There is a nursery right next to where I have coffee so may check out their selection for some herbs to plant.  Today is finally the day that our new Aldi's grocery store opens.  We have two $5 coupons to use there during the next couple of weeks. If I have enough energy left after the morning activities I may briefly stop at the new Aldi's.  This store being so close we won't need to make such big purchases as can easily stop there for a few items at a time. 

Kelly, I didn't know about the pill splitter until Joan or one of the other participants here mentioned having one.  For some reason filling my pill boxes every two weeks is not my most favorite thing to do and this help speed up the process. 

Hal, the garage door opener we have in this house doesn't have springs but rather is opened and closed by a chain in a center track.  The door is well balanced and I had no problem of putting it down or up by hand.  This was a bit surprising as it is a large door for a double garage.  I have had springs replaced in other houses but that won't be a problem with this house.  Three inches of rain at once is a lot of rain.  Glad you missed the big hail in your area. 

deAngel, did the new supermarket go in where the one closed that was close to you?  (I hope I remember correctly that your close by market had closed not too long ago.)

Molly, nice that Chaps is bringing you some plants and planting them for you. 

June, when you need to do something with your order from Amazon, such as cancel, click on your Account and then go to your orders, find your order and to the far right is a drop down box that has various selections such as cancel my order before the order is fulfilled.  You can also call Amazon and they can help you do it.  However, they fill the orders so fast that you don't have much time to take such an action. 

Jackie, glad you are having the safety railings installed.  Using them lessens the chance of a fail, which you certainly don't need. 

Lloyd, cute story about the Mercedes Benz sale. 

I enjoyed everyone's postings. 

Mary Ann

Jenny, that is wonderful news about Michele.  It also is seldom-heard news.

Larry, I read only yesterday that the postage rate had been lowered, but I did not know the new rate.

I am using my new W-7 computer as the one that W-10 goofed up seems have quit.  I still can play games on it and I have been  unable to copy them to this computer.  I was getting a message "server not found". 

We are to have a warmer day today, in the 60s, wichh will be nice for a change.

Tom and I have been invited to Dot's for lunch.  If Tom is unable to go, I will go alone, but I hope he can go as he needs a good home-cooked meal that he hasn't made himself. 

Mary Ann

Joy

Good morning.  Hope it is a good morning wherever you all are.

Larry,  Do you have a phone number for Amazon?  I had ordered a couple things the other day to have sent to my great-grandchildren and before I could click on where to type their address,  it just, somehow, posted a message that the order had gone through and it was being sent to me.   I panicked for a few minutes.  I tried to find a phone number with no success.  Then I did check my orders and a page came up where I could cancel it, which I did right away.  Immediately I received an e-mail telling me the order was cancelled,  I honestly don't know what happened, but it did dawn on me later, that I might has accidently clicked where it says "order with 1 click" or something like that.   I waited until the next day before I redid the order and didn't have a problem.  They live in Georgia, and I sure didn't want to have to remail it at my expense.  I will be sure to be extra careful the next time.

And, as you mentioned to June, they do get things out quick.  Although, when I checked later in the day,  I could have still cancelled the order.  I had an e-mail this morning, where the package was on it's way.  I like that 2 day shipment plan.  I am sure in the long run, the price of the Prime Account is worth the what the shipping costs would be.   Like June also said,  every once in a while, I do order something from another place where the postage is more than the item,  So, I do always try Amazon first when I am deciding to order something.

Joy
BIG BOX

deedee

Quote from: Joy on April 14, 2016, 10:15:02 AM
Good morning.  Hope it is a good morning wherever you all are.

Larry,  Do you have a phone number for Amazon? 
Joy

U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072

From here:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/ref=help_forum_faq4?cdThread=Tx14X0F8CP8J2IP&forumID=Fx1SKFFP8U1B6N5&ie=UTF8

But as Larry mentioned, clicking on 'cancel an item' is quicker than calling.

Best company in the world. I try not to buy anywhere anymore other than Amazon, and I have learned NOT to buy from a seller that is fulfilling the item. If I can't buy the item from Amazon, I buy one where the seller is providing the item, and Amazon is fulfilling it.

Second to Amazon is etsy.

ebay, on the other hand, is HORRIBLE.

Joy

DeeDee,  Thanks so much for that information.  I never did find the page that you put the link in for.  I will be sure to keep that in my favorites.   I also have used Etsy, and been satisfied with everything I have gotten from them.  But, I also have bought from E-bay and have never had any problems with anything.  I  have found several things there that I couldn't find any place else.  Mostly some specialty fabric I was looking for.  My son uses e-bay quite a bit,  Buying and selling things. 

Thanks again for your help.

Joy
BIG BOX

FlaJean

:)  my son and daughter-in-law often give us Amazon gift certificates, and I have used Amazon several times during our recent move.  They are a pleasure to deal with.

angelface555

MaryAnn, usually when Sarah does repeated drive by rubs as I like to call them, she wants something and is trying to appease me into doing it for her. However, often  she is reduced to visual aids as I'm not to on the ball in her eyes.  :thumbup:

MaryPage did you see the part about gravy as a beverage? I thought of you as I know you "adore" gravy.  :)

Larry, I like NBC's shows as you can get them free without signing up for them or paying a small fee for computer viewing. Little Bigshots was on their list. I normally watch the Voice or one of the evening shows such as the Tonight Show or the Late Show occasionally.

Jenny I was so happy to hear about your DIL! That is good news!

I'm busy running about on errands and seeing others who are now venturing out after winter. I have had three orders come in recently from Amazon this month, plant patio boxes and Baber insecticide capsules. I love Amazon for its ease and its Prime.

Good Morning to all I've missed and I hope it is a good one!

MaryPage

Oh, yes, Angel!  I did see that, and it brought forth a chuckle.  Sorry I did not comment.  By the time I have read all the posts, and I do read and take in every word, and then go to post, my short term memory failure prevents my responses from covering all that I should.  I know, I know.  I should take notes.  But I don't.  I have no trouble typing, but holding a pen to paper is quite painful to my hand.  Please forgive!

I am so happy for darling Jenny and her family.

Kelly

Hi Larry
Thanks for the information on the pill splitter.

Kelly

Joy

Jean,  my son also will give me an Amazon gift card for gifts, and I just love to get them.   I am so amazed at the amount of things they sell.  I do have a Prime Account, and on several different occasions some things that I have ordered  evidently come from different warehouses, as I will get 3 or 4 separate boxes.  And, with the cost of postage now,  I feel the amount they charge for the Prime Account  ( $99 a year)  is well worth it.  I thought, at first, it was really a lot, but it doesn't take long for it to  pay for itself.  At times, I have even ordered just 1 item,  The 2 day shipping is an added plus.

Joy
BIG BOX

angelface555

I also love Prime, especially after ordering a computer and a vacuum cleaner to come to Alaska! Also it was a surprise to find two day shipping here as well!

For those of us who enjoy bird cams, I found this of condors.

http://cams.allaboutbirds.org/channel/49/California_Condor/?utm_source=Cornell+Lab+eNews&utm_campaign=62975ec4cb-Cornell_Lab_eNews_2016_04_12&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_47588b5758-62975ec4cb-302696385

JeanneP

Amazon has to be one of the best run companies in the US. No matter what you need them for.
Things are done fast.
This month there was a book on my Amazon Fire Tablet that I thought was to much to pay. So called and they had it taken of and credited within a couple of ours. Sent me a E-M to the effect.
Now I will say that CVS shopping is also fast. Don't do much with them but did get a new Google Tablet I thought I would like just 3 weeks ago. Received it in 4 day. Didn't like it and called. The E-M me a Send back label that day. I mailed in back and within a week sent me a E-M to say they had received the Item back and credit had been put back into my Credit card account.
Use to think I didn't want to use these companies but after having my regular stores mail things out to families and them not receiving the item and it taking one time 6 weeks to get the thing taken care of. I decided I would work with Amazon for most things. Do a lot as my family of GC and GGC are far away so finding on line and having them mail works great.
I always seem to spend more that $35 and so shipping is free.
I used Walmarts a lot but now they are wanting a min. of $50 to do free shipping and a lot less is coming "Can Pick up at Store".
JeanneP

Lindancer

Good afternoon, nice and sunny and no wind.  Suppose to be nice for he next week, and no rain.

MaryAnn, I hope Tom felt better, so he could go to lunch with you.

Patricia, I do not know what I would do without Taffy, sometimes I do not see anyone for a few day. So in the morning I say GM, and she answers right back. :)

Larry, we had two supper markets go out of business in less then a month, Walbaums (A&P) was across the main HWY from me and then King Kullen, which was about a half mile from our house.  It is now called Gala, it seems to be a Spanish store now, all the help was Spanish, they do have a fresh fish department, which you do not find anymore, and there was a man at the counter to help.  A hugh meat dept. and veg. looked very fresh.  Milk was 70cents cheaper, then all the other stores.  I still have Stop and Shop on my courner, which I can drive to without going out of the park, which means a lot to me, it makes me feel a little more  independent. I can take my time, as no one is waiting for me.  I walk up and down each isle and get my exersice.  I will be so glad, when we got spell check back.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

angelface555

Gloria I know what you mean and Sarah and I also have a daily routine and sometimes I swear she gets "That Look!" and is so close to rolling her eyes at me!  ::)

I have four grocery stores here. Unfortunately they are clustered together in both the east and in the west sides of town. These require some walking and a long bus ride as well as a good day of recovering rest with my knees.

This is another reason why I enjoy the ethnic stores. Smaller, close by and the food is fresh and amazing!

MarsGal

My goodness, Angel. Right now that poor baby is all alone with nothing nice and cozy to snuggle into. I'm surprised there isn't any nesting materials there. Baby bird is being a bit verbal at the moment.

Our local Bald Eagle cam is shut down now. The first egg hatched but the baby died; the other egg never hatched. Don't know if the parents will be back to try again or if they will find another site.

wjoan

I hate Frontier,  they were down late last night and just came back up a bit ago.  Try calling?  sure and sit on hold for 45  mins. and  be disconnected and have to start all over.   GRRRRRRR

Kelly

wjoan

deedee

Quote from: wjoan on April 14, 2016, 03:48:07 PM
I hate Frontier,  they were down late last night and just came back up a bit ago.  Try calling?  sure and sit on hold for 45  mins. and  be disconnected and have to start all over.   GRRRRRRR

wjoan, Frontier is having their woes these days with the three million Verizon folk!

I'm having an issue with both them and Verizon that of course I can't get a straight answer on. I had automatic pay (obviously, not a good idea) with Verizon. When they sold my phone and internet to Frontier, apparently my bank account information also went to Frontier.

Verizon is passing the buck, since I am no longer their customer, and Frontier claims it is legal. I disagree and am trying to get a straight answer from my bank. HOW can it be legal to pay a company that I did NOT set up for automatic pay?