Random Image

beverly

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:36:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Show Me A Photo Of...

Started by Jeanne Lee, August 08, 2017, 09:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlaJean

Couldn't find a new car-----how about a Classic

Show me a RED flower

Amy

Love  :smitten: the car Jean. That is a beautiful classic!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Marilyne

Jean . . . a red flower?  Lots of poinsettia's around this time of year.  I usually buy a couple of containers, but not until closer to Christmas.  While we're waiting, we can enjoy this rose.  :rose:

angelface555

We don't need to wait;

Red Flowers.jpg

Show me a cooked Turkey

so_P_bubble

Shirley

Oh, that turkey looks wonderful!  What is that herb laying on top?  I put inside & on outside all the spices & herbs that my spice rack book says to use for pheasant under glass..... but I just use the jars/dryed ones. Are those wedges apples or potatoes or what?  Looks yummy & I'd love to have a slice! 

If someone will jog my memory on how to post a photo in here.... I'll bet I have one of a face in my Gallery........but I am drawing a blank how to post it.  :-[

Shirley

Here goes..... A Room Full of Happy Faces

Missing couple on a cruise were "cloned" into the frame on back wall~~Here goes..... A Room Full of Happy Faces
/b]

Shirley

Well, will try again when I know which of the links to copy. :crazy2:

Amy

Shirley, great to see you!! You get to pick what the next photo will be...
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Oh, Amy, I forgot!!!  How about, since I really have been wishing for some.... SNOW pics!  We saw a few flakes one day so far this winter but stopped before I could grab a camera. Loving an excuse to play with photos but anxious to take some new pics. Still can't resize like when PSP worked on the old computer. Too bad I can't figure how to set up the last PSP I bought. No manual with pictures like the old ones.... plus there were some people with spare time to explain as well as the Steps classes. I got notices from Yahoo of the changes with the groups... always changes & I don't change with the times.

I did get in to see the Dr today, X-ray of my neck & blood work. Just took my 7th pill of augmentin but so far the headache, sore-stiff neck & back are screaming at me every 5-6 hours for a Bayer or Bufferin. Dr thinks I will live.  ::) I'm baking him a whole pan of brownies tomorrow as thanks for getting me in any time I  have a crisis. Got to get me fixed, it is SO hard to bend down with a bowl of water for cats, with a stiff neck & shoulders and have that darn knee remind me it also doesn't want to work right. This is the 6th week for the knee & check up with the orthopedic on Friday. Since he already said "these knees don't heal... not sure why I'm going.

Thanks for the heads up, Amy!

so_P_bubble

Herbs are freshly picked Rosemary, with wedges of potatoes around to absorb the juices.

so_P_bubble

Snow in Wisconsin

snow.jpg

Show me a drink

Shirley

Oh, that is gorgeous, Bubble.... and actually made my whole body shiver as I scrolled down!  Today I would not welcome a big snow because the snow blower is "out in the shed" & I don't think my old body could drag it out, fill with gas & move it to the front. It was 19°  when I checked while ago with chill index of 12°  .... bitter cold wind.  Thanks for the tip about the Rosemary... do you keep little pots of herbs growing in your window?  I had some one time & then planted them in large pots in the berm... they went wild & I even tried to dry some in the microwave but never used.  I wasn't sure if that was a turkey or baking chicken.... my mother's baked chicken looked that good & tasted wonderful. Love potatoes baked "in the juices".. I do love to eat.

so_P_bubble

No herb pots - they  die on me, but all the parks and public gardens in town are full of them, so no problem to snip a twig or two.

Show me a photo of a drink

FlaJean

How about another cup of coffee.

show me a Christmas decoration.

Marilyne

Jean - Is that Butterfly Meadow, by Lenox?  I'd love to drink some coffee from that lovely cup!

FlaJean

Marilyne, yes, the cup is Butterfly Meadow but not the saucer.

so_P_bubble

Amy

Jimmy Dean

patricia19

Redbeaked Sandhill Cranes and one Canada Goose

Show me an umbrella.

20100601_5 a.jpg

so_P_bubble

Shirley

And here's MY tools.... Techie tools (computer set up)  and my Tool Bag

Tool Bag

58-200521235316.jpg
[resized]

Shirley

Oops, forgot.... Show us a spring scene... whatever you see today!  If those sizes aren't okay, please help, Bubble??

patricia19

One of the intown sloughs,

013ab.jpg

Unfortunately, this rainy view will last through the weekend.

Please show me a photo of an interesting architecture you've seen.

so_P_bubble

A fountain in Roma 2007

roma fountain.jpg

show me a seat or a chair

so_P_bubble

Posting for MaryPage

from MaryPage.jpg

Show me a ship or a boat

Tomereader1

MaryPage, love your chair.  It looks so welcoming and comfortable.   If I'm ever up that way, I'll come by and maybe you'll let me sit in it for two minutes!
I have a chair and ottoman, which actually was a hand-me-down from a friend of my husband.  They were re-decorating and wanted to be rid of it  It didn't match my living room decor, so I thought to put it in the extra bedroom where the colors "would go".  It's back in the living room now, regardless of color scheme, as I had to get rid of the last remaining recliner (which was nearly at the point of spearing one's fanny).  But, to finish off, the gifted chair has also been well-sat-in by the previous owners, and not where you'd spend hours reading or TV watching.  I will sit there for 30-45 minutes and then move to the couch (nearly as bad).  When my daughter was buying furniture 5 or so years ago, she took me along, and I found and sat in this darling chair which had a lovely patterned upholstery, was built on a smaller platform than most. She called a "happy chair".  She wanted me to buy it, but I passed.  Wish now I had bought it.  I doubt that they would have anything similar now.

patricia19

Show me a well loved possession!

b.jpgA.jpg

c.jpg

so_P_bubble

On my desk, a smiling companion

On my desk.jpg

Show me an item on YOUR desk...

Shirley

Well, Bubble, I'm not using the computer with a desk, this laptop in on the table & right now a mess I wouldn't show anyone! Seriously, my youngest son stops by on Wed nights after work so I will have it cleaned off tomorrow. I'm ready for bed so will say "good night" and turn off lights. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I didn't get out of the house until tonight, soaked my knee in Epsom salt most of the afternoon & decided I needed to move. No fish, the water is still high. I hope to get out tomorrow, have several stops to make.