Random Image

Here's The Rules

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:47:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of October 29, 2017

Started by so_P_bubble, October 30, 2017, 02:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallieOK

:broomstick: Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a BOOOO-TI-FUL day  :witch:

Lloyd Hammond

CallieOK thanks we are far enough out we do not get trick or theaters any more. I do how ever do recall the good old days.

Lloyd

JoanFL

Good Tuesday morning Everyfriend on this Halloween day.  It is chilly here.  My son brought me a change of pace breakfast and had a fleece jacket on.  Have a boo-tiful day friends.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We have another sunny and chilly morning but will go up to the mid-70's this afternoon.   Pat and Mary plan on going out to fill the Christmas Box for a child that the Church is collecting for the Franklin Graham Association. We plan on going out for our main meal today. My foot doctor was satisfied with the progress my toes are making in healing up but still have two or three weeks to go and will have to go back in two weeks for what should be the last time.

Scott and Jennifer will be remaining in New York until Sunday.  Nothing was resolved in her court appearance and her husband attended only by phone.  The judge ordered him to make the children available to her next Sunday at a shopping mall so that is why they are having to wait.  For some reason it was necessary for her to be there in person but in the future these hearings will be held on the phone so they shouldn't have to make another trip to New York unless Jennifer gets custody of her daughter.

Callie, they didn't say anything about serving muffins after my cataract surgery.  I don't know whether we yet have had a below freezing night here.  I do know the house is chilly so I have turned on the little heater I have in my office to take the chill off here.  The ladies like it cool so don't want the furnace turned on. 

Joy, glad you missed the hard rain and wind. Yes the Wifesaver's restaurants are a local chain that are only in this area as far as I know. They are not a fancy place but sure have good food and a big business.  You and my wife would get along well as she also isn't a morning person.  I think I saw them advertise on the Hallmark channel about having 25 new movies for Christmas this year plus all the ones from previous years.  I am just not ready for Christmas shows until after Thanksgiving.  I agree that the Hallmark movies are tasteful, at least those that I have seen parts of.  Pat watches that channel a lot.

Jane, I hope you can get your finger repaired as we need all of our fingers for typing and our other activities. 

Mary Ann, yes our great granddaughter will be moving to live with her mother and our son here in North Augusta.  However, it is far from a certainty that this will ever be ordered by a judge. The situation is really a mess which is not appropriate to discuss in public. When Pat had her cataract surgery we went from there out to breakfast.  The instructions I have been given just say it is good to take it easy the day of the surgery.  Of course, that is my normal day so I likely will have no change in routine.  :)

June, it sounds like the cost of your apartment is reasonable in today's market and with all the services provided.  Glad you have such a nice place to live and are happy there.  We have some nice places around here and more being built all the time although I haven't looked into the prices of any of them. 

Hal, glad to see you back in business and that the procedure went so well. 

Shirley, I don't know what is causing Pat's foot to swell other than the fact that she was having to keep it down on the floor the day before due to her back pain.  This morning she said her back was feeling better.  She was able to get her shoe on yesterday and again today.  It will be awhile before I dance with healed up toes as the doctor said they are where they should be after three weeks but still has more healing to do.  It has been a long time since I drank a cup of coffee and doubt I will in the future.

Jenny, it sounds like you left Boston just in time to avoid the bad storm.  I sometimes wonder how two people can have so much laundry. 

Amy, having wheelchair service made my SIL's trip here so much easier for her and really was a necessity with her sprained ankle. Our new neighbor just stopped by to speak to Pat, who had just left to go to Walmart.  She has to use a rollator when she is outside the house and had a ramp built from her garage to her house.  Fortunately our front porch step is just one brick high so she was able to do that step and come in for just a minute. 

Gloria, I haven't seen much about the damage done in your area by the storm. I will ask Pat to put the drops in my eyes as needed.  I have only one drop to use three times a day until two little bottles of the of the drops are used for each eye. 

Lloyd, it sounds like your VA is taking good care of you.  That really is a sophisticated CPAP machine.  Hope the new shoes and diabetic socks will make your feet more comfortable. 

Joan, always nice to get a change of pace meal when you have been having the same breakfasts for awhile.  It is cool here as well.   

Amy

:yikes: It is snowing here!!!! Glad I am getting my snow tires on tomorrow!!! :thumbup:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Radar shows snow in our area but I haven't seen any of it.  It is chilly around here  - about 39 degrees.  We have not had any trick or treaters here for several years and I  like it that way.  We live north off a busy road and many children live in the apartments south so the road keeps the kids away.  We've had a forecast for rain and snow.

Jenny mentioned wheelchairs on their trips back home - I used to travel alone a lot and with all three major airlines, I became a Frequent Flyer.  When you apply there are many questions to be asked, including whether you need a wheelchair or not.  Sometimes there was a wheelchair waiting for me but if I had to request one, a wheelchair came in short order.  I did not miss any flights because I couldn't get there.  When it was time to announce the flight, the agent would come for me and wheel me to the door of the plane.  It was surprising (in a way) when on Air Canada to have the announcements in French as well as English. On a flight from Toronto to Indps, our flight attendant was French Canadian and had a delightful accent.  When I got on that plane, she realized that both Jim and I were in wheelchairs and changed our seats.  I got so I gave the "pushers" $5 because some of the distances in those airports were quite long.

Gloria, has the rain stopped in your area?  Amy said she was having snow.  I'm not ready.

Mary Ann

Lloyd Hammond

good Night everyone, time i hit the hay. sweet dreams hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

June Drabek

Good evening from a cool, overcast section of So.CA. I had a busier day...went downstairs for an early breakfast..first time I've done that, but since my nurse was in before 6a.m. I decided to give my day a change of pace. After lunch we had a costume judging for Halloween. Some were really well done...all home made. Then I was off to the monthly dining room meeting. Then home to doze for a bit. Took an early shower and shampoo and now will scrounge up some supper at home.
I'm not the least bit hungry.

Hal, I'm glad your surgery went well. It was interesting to read about the way different doctors do different methods of surgery. As I recall mine was very peaceful...my doctor chose to give a dreamy type of sleep, mild but so peaceful. The second surgery my Blood pressure was out of bounds so they had to calm that down before they would touch me. This was years ago now and I still use glasses only for small print.

Gloria and Larry, I think the reason you feel the prices of three and four thousand dollars a month is reasonable, is because we have hundreds of Care facilities in So. Ca. It is such a "going" business that people have even opened their private homes to accept one or two people to care for privately. They have to undergo investigations and be liscenced,  but we have hundreds of them.

Amy, What type of weather do prefer, winter or summer ? I was born in Minn. so we had similar temps, I'm sure. In winter the iron cook stove was the drawing area for comfort, and the baking of bread is one very fond memory.

Time to go eat some supper. see you all later. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

JUNE, when I was growing up, my grandmpther still lived on the farm where mt father grew up.  There was a big old cookstove in the kitchen and that was the place to be in the winter.  Some wonderful aromas came out of my grandmother's kitchen and bread is a well remembered one.  If I close my eyes, I can still smell the bread, feel the heat of the stove and hear Gramma Wright saying, "have some fresh butter on that bread"!

I have to work tomorrow and today was a difficult day. so I'm off to bed now.  Good night Everyfriend.  sleep peacefully, wake refreshed and may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

halkel

June it is curious all the different ways they do the surgery.  Even my wifes cataract surgery and the way they want the meds administered after surgery are different.  Mine they want me to wait five minutes between the drops, her's was all given at the same time, no waiting.  But the one who did mine used an assembly line method.  And she didn't come in till everyone had done their thing.  And like I told the doctor who did my followup today, I didn't see Dr Marten, before or after.  He assured me I did I just didn't remember seeing her.  Anyhow my follow up this morning went well and my vision is much improved.

We got a little, and I mean little, bit of rain today and the weather was about 60 Degrees and suppose to warm up more tomorrow till we top out Thursday at around 90.  June you were asking about favorite time of the year.  Got me to thinking and I guess I like all of them, I even enjoy damp, dreary days, especially when I could read, may start enjoying books again.  I love spring days and fall days when you get those rare days that makes you happy just to be alive, also the holiday season, Thanksgiving and Christmas and then the part of the year after New Year and until Easter.  I call that the dead time of year.  The land is resting and the most everything is dead, trees are bare and the weather is at its worst.

I have written a book, and I am tired.
Nite, nite, God Bless and sweet dreams.

June Drabek

Good night my dear, good friends. I am off to book and bed. Tomorrow my Gary will be here for Bible Study and I look forward to seeing him..have lots of paper work for him peruse for me...things I am no long wise enough to handle. What a gift from God my children are. Thank you Jesus. Hugs, Love and prayers, peace and health to all. June

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. I slept 7.50 hours with only 1 nature brake, but have a headache throbbing with every beat of the heart. Hope you all are doing better.
and have a good day.
AMY I love you and reading your post, not trying to be smart but you may keep your snow up there as far as I am concerned. we are cold enough here. we are @ 32º F and clear. that is bad enough for these old bones, have a great day just the way you like it.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

November is here!! Getting my oil changed and snow tires on this morning..then home to make a binding for the quilt that Jack and I made.

Larry, we have ramps at the front of the house plus one that goes from the house into the garage . The later one is out of the elements.

June, I enjoy each season, as each one is special in its own way.  Spring is a time of birth,Summer has flowers/vegetables galore, Fall has all the autumn beauty and smells. Winter has pristine snow glistening like diamonds and tall pine trees dressed in lace after a snow fall. I also know each has its own downfall too.

Hal, I would like a Generac generator,one that is hooked up to the house and kicks on when power goes out but they are between 5-6000.00 so we will be thankful for what we do have.

Jane, that is the stove we have and I love cooking on it.Throw a big pot of soup on the back and by lunch time it is ready and tasty too! I know one of these days I will have to give up my cookstove but until then I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Better get a move on here...

Enjoy your day everyone.

Morning Lloyd!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Lloyd ,you said ... have a headache throbbing with every beat of the heart. Hope you all are doing better.

Do you have high blood pressure?
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Amy tend to but take Meds. for it and for the most part keeps it in check. but have had this for several days. enough I am going to call V A doc. today and see what he/she has to say. Have a great day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  Feeling just a bi t"punk" this morning.  yesterday wasn't so good and I'mhoping today is better.  I'llbe off to work at 930 so wish me smiles.

I hope you all have a great day filled with whatever you wish for, and I'm sure not wishing for snow around here yet.  however, the temps were into the low 30s 0vernight.

Amy

Jane, hope you feel better and soon....no fun being punky :(
Wishing you smiles, giggles and new friends in your day.
Jimmy Dean

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Janie, Lloyd sorry to hear you are not up to par.  Janie, I do wish you smiles and good cheer from all you encounter today.  Lloyd, I know how headaches can be I suffered from migraines for years until they finally quit on their on.  And I know they are no fun.  Mine used to hurt on only one side of my head.

Amy, generators like you are talking about can cost an arm and leg and can cause you lots of headaches, especially when you have intermittent lightening in the area or high winds that take you off the grid and then power back on in rapid order.  It can/will  burn the relays up and then you lose all power even if the grid is up. We used to just go on emergency power and stay there until the weather cleared up, I am talking about t-storms. 

Hurrah nothing pressing today, do have some paperwork to deliver and that is it.  Don't know what the weather is outside.  I haven't stuck my nose out but can be too cold the heater isn't coming on very often.  Wonder if we got any rain?

Everyone have a good day.

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Every  thing outside is covered in frost this morning. Makes me glad I no longer have to go out early and scrape winshild and warm up a car before heading to work. There are still towns here with no power from the storm we had. There are crews here from other states-as far as Ohio helping get new poles up and getting power back. Seeing on TV the size of some of the trees that fell is amazing. In a weeks time we had almost 11 inches of rain.

There was a pot luck lunch here yesterday. The witch came to work dressed like a bride, veil and all. Only 8 people showed up. I did not go but one lady who did told us what happened and then the maintenance man told us the same thing. The witch comlained about so few there and started saying tenants complain there is nothig going on here and then when they have something no one shows up. Well this lady stood up to her and told her that was no place for her to complain and you cannot blame the tenants. She shut her up. It was a shock to hear what that lady said, she is well liked and never says a bad word about anyone.

LLOYD  glad your VA does a good job for Vets. There are a few vets in this building who are happt with the VA hospital here. There have been so many bad things said about some VA hospitals.

JOAN  today I will have my CNA help me get out my winter clothes and get summer ones put away. I just ordered a new winter jacket.

LARRY  I have turned the thermostat up several mornings already, especiall on those rainy days.

AMY  several years ago we had quite a ssow storm before Halloween. Was a mess with traffic. School buses and businesses all got out at the same time and traffic was tied up for hours, Some kids did not get home till almost 9PM and parents were frantic.

MARY ANN  the rain stopped sometime during Monday night.

JUNE  it was so long ago now that I had the cataract surgery but I was given nothing to relax ot put to sleep. I was asked if I wanted something and I said no. I still have to wear glasses but that does not bother me.

JANE  my Mom had one of those big cast iron stoves when I was growing up and like you I still remember the smell of the bread she made several times a week. Now I wonder how she did all that canning with the heat from that stove in the late summer.

HAL  like you I find there is something to like with every season. Only thing I do not like is hot humid days days of summer.

AMY  for years I have said the day that I do not like the beauty of snow I will know I am old. I still love it.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone on this first day of November.  It is another beautiful, clam and chilly morning but we will go into the mid-70's this afternoon with low humidity.  I think this will be a pretty quiet day at our household.  Pat and her sister went to Walmart and filled the Children's Christmas box and then to Aldi's.  They managed to make that about a three hour trip. Last evening we went to Diablo's for one of their great meals and Mary really enjoyed the food.  We went after dark as the ladies had eaten a very late lunch.  Yesterday afternoon Mary fixed this huge dish of cinnamon rolls from yeast dough and I am enjoying one of them with my breakfast this morning.  Over the years she has made many pans of these rolls. I do need to get a haircut so may do this later this morning.  This will be Mary's last full day with us as her plane leaves tomorrow at 1 pm.  We have enjoyed having her visit us.

Amy, it sounds like it is time for those snow tires.  I hope your roads won't be slick before you get the tires changed. I am sure the stores here would have to special order snow tires as we have no need for them in our area. 

Mary Ann, we left to go eat just at dark so we weren't hear had any trick or treaters rung our doorbell.  However, we wouldn't have lights on so doubt we would have had any had we been home.  We did see a father and two little ones in their costume as we drove out of our neighborhood and in the restaurant one family came in with three little ones in their costumes and they had been treat or treating.  Neither Pat nor I would attempt to walk in airports should be ever decide to try to travel again so would have to use the wheelchairs.  I remember when we left the Denver airport several years ago I was in a wheelchair and there was a very long line.  However, there was a separate line for wheelchairs and the person accompanying me, which was Pat, and we were immediately passed through security. I have never been certain what to tip a RedCap or the person assisting me but think in Denver I tipped the man $10 as he stayed with us to our gate. 

June, you sure did have a busy day.  Nice to see you were up to doing so much in one day.  Your messages sort of beams when you mention Gary.  I hope you are able to have a nice visit with him today as he helps you with your paperwork. There were private home type nursing facilities around Atlanta as well.  I visited a Church friend, who had   dementia in such a home and he had a very nice bedroom all to himself.  I was really surprised when I got to the address and saw it was just a regular looking house in a neighborhood of other similar type homes. 

Jane and Amy, I have a memory of my mothers folks having one of the old wood fed cooking stoves and that there was a big old coffee pot where the coffee was boiled and also that my grandfather never wanted his coffee cup washed as it would remove the flavor.  Unfortunately, he died when I was five or six years old so don't have any other memories of him.  Fresh baked bread with butter is much better than cake to me and it is never better than when it is first warm out of the oven.  Sorry to see you are having difficult days and sure hope you find today to be better. 

Hal, I think I mentioned yesterday that I have compounded drops for my eyes and all of the medicine is combined in one bottle and I will use one drop three times a day.  I am sure I will be in an assembly line as well as this eye clinic is a very large one with six eye doctors. Glad you see big improvement in your vision on the second day. I enjoyed your book today.  :)

Lloyd, sure wish they could get rid of those headaches for you.  Like Hal I had migraines for many years and then in my fifties they stopped and I don't have headaches anymore other than occasional sinus related discomfort. Hope your call to the VA today will result in your getting something to stop that headache. 

Amy, I don't think I have heard you speak of Jack before.  Is that your husband's name? At this house we can go easily from the garage to our front porch where the step up is just the height of one flat brick.  However, it would be difficult to deal with a wheelchair even with that slight step.  After our daughter became wheelchair bound after having her leg amputated we were never able to bring her back to our house as it was accessible and we had no way to bring her electric wheelchair on the car. 

Gloria, that is really a lot of rain in a short period of time.  Sure glad you are not one of those still without power.  It is great how crews from other states help each other in times of need.  Good for the lady who stood up to the "witch".  Maybe she will get the message that the tenants don't like to be around her with the attitude she displays and the way she treats the tenants. I didn't need to turn on the heater in my office this morning as it is not uncomfortably cool. 

JoanFL

Good Wednesday morning, Everyfriend on this first day of November.  I wish you ALL smiles and good happenings today!

Amy

My snow tires are on now and I take hubby's vehicle in next Wed to get his put on. Stopped into the pharmacy to discus some meds and end up with a hug :thumbup: Now that is service!!!

Larry, sorry I should have said Jack (the ripper) It seemed ever row I had to alter to make fit and Jack was right there with me....bless his heart lol. I am sure Pat has had some quilt in the past that has given her problems  but all is well now and I am more than happy to move on.

Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Amy, I have seen the Generac generator advertised on TV here for $1999.  Is the rate of exchange that much that it would be 3x as much in Canada?  Or maybe the $1999 is for the low end of the line.  I don’t think the price was “from” however.

Jane, I hope you feel better as it’s no fun working when you don’t feel good.  Maybe the smiles you get from your customers will cheer you up.

Lloyd, headaches are no fun, either, I hope the VA will be able to help you.

Hal, it’s good to hear your surgery went so well.  I know each of us has had different results, but mostly good. 

Gloria, it would be nice if your “witch” got the message and would straighten up and fly right.  It is interesting that she dressed as a bride.  Pictures I saw of the damage in RI were bad.  I did not look up to see where Narragansett is but with a small state, it can’t be too far from where you are.  We had a lot of rain last week and one day I checked the rain gauge to find 7 inches (for two days), then the next day there was another inch.  It has rained since but I have not checked the amount.  Not much.

Some of you mention the old cast iron stoves â€" my folks had an elevated-oven stove without an oven control.  Only one grandparent was alive when I was born and she was a companion to other widows so I did not see her kitchen.  From a story she wrote, I am sure she had a cast iron stove.  She also lived in Minnesota.  I remember seeing them, but I don’t remember where. 

I like all four seasons too â€" and I’d better because I live in Michigan where we are blessed with them.

Larry, it seems Pat’s sister’s visit was so short.  Now you can have some good memories.  Does she have family that keeps her in Missouri?  We had no Halloween visitors last night.  I did have the light off but I didn’t hear any kids on the road.  We are not in a good place for small children to visit at night.  Your wheelchair experience was the same as mine.  I usually was the first person on the plane.  My mother baked bread occasionally, but we had a Colonial man come by a few days a week and that is where we bought our baked goods.  We also had milk delivered to the house.  I worked for an electric utility and it was common to send crews to other utilities to help them â€" and they also sent crews to help us.  I worked during an ice storm and we had crews from other nearby states.

Good to see your post this morning, Joan.

Sorry for the book, but there was much for me to respond to.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Happy November Oneth!

Hal,  so happy to "see" that your first cataract surgery went well.   I forgot to acknowledge your bet pay-off.  Thank you.  This Saturday is the annual Bedlam game between the OU Sooners and the OSU Cowboys.  As usual, family and I are trading "comments".   My "threat" this year is to post a picture of #2 son dressed as Granny Clampett for Halloween. I'm sure he's plotting his revenge.   ;D
I predict it will either be a shut-out or go into overtime.  Either way, it will be a good game.

Alert!  Grandchildren report!   :smitten:

Happy to report that Miss Ellen was not affected by the horrible attack in NYC.  She was on her way to work via subway but was a long way north of the affected area.

Miss Emily has experienced her first cadaver -in Anatomy Lab .   I wondered if this is the usual time in the school term for that to happen  or if the professor deliberately planned it for Halloween.  She said she had to walk out of the room once but didn't faint as a couple of girls did.

There was a small fire at Carson's fraternity house in the wee hours of last Thursday morning.  It was in a closet on the 3rd floor and the sprinkler quickly put out the flames.  However, the sprinkler head broke and an estimated 300 gallons of water poured out and down through that area of the house.  Carson's room was just down the hall from this so the only personal damage he had was that some class notes and clothes he'd tossed on the floor were soaked. 
The boys were put up in dorm rooms here and there until enough repairs could be made to allow them back in the house.  Looks as if that may happen this week.

Company coming this afternoon.  Time to find something for my lunch and pick up the "I live here" mess in the living room.

Wishing Everyone Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

JoanFL

The SS sure is quiet this afternoon.  Hopefully participants are enjoying their day.

June Drabek

Dear Hearts, I woke this morning "tired". Had a good nights sleep,  but feel all worn out. However, life does go on, doesn't it. I just had a slow morning till it was time to go down for Gary's Bible study, which I did attend, of course. Took a bunch of paper work down for him to take care of. I don't even attempt to make important decisions any more…it's all in my sons hands. If I had no one like my kids I would have to turn it all over to a lawyer.

Bis, what a good son you have, to bring you a nice change of pace breakfast. You are well loved by your  children and Kate too, it is easy to understand..you are a lovable lady Bis. I thank God that He has brought you "back" to us.

Larry, where I lived before they suggested to possible tenants that they should list all the costs  they have in normal life, and it is surprising just how much money we do spend on day to day living. I am very content, and so are my sons, on how beneficial my style of living is. Calf., like Fla., has so many retirees from colder states, you mentioned you knew of a gentleman that lived in a private home. Out here, some folks have done so well in supplying "home care" for others, they have even purchased homes that were for sale next door so they could provide care for others that had the money to afford care, but no family available.

Janie, I hope your day turned out to be a surprisingly perfect one for you. It is hard enough to go "on the Job" but when you start out not feeling great, it is really difficult. I pray there were some really nice happenings during you work day day one.

Gloria, I am really enjoying a good laugh over your so-called "landlady" wearing a Brides outfit to a party that didn't happen. Serves her right!!!!! I am proud of the lady that stood up to her. I don't think a tenant should fear the landlady…the landlady should fear losing a tenant.

It is past supper time downstairs, so I will scrounge up a light supper for myself. I am not the least bit hungry..had a big lunch, but eating  three times a day seems to be to accepted thing to do. I have some very tasty instant oatmeal that contains small chopped apples…microwave instant…and a slice of sourdough toast with lots of butter sounds just about right . Also I have lots of canned juices, fruit, etc, plus the variety of energy drinks Gary keep me supplied with. He brought four different flavors this time and enough for a month or more. So off I go…….

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  It's bee one of those days....busy at times and lazy at timea.  Workinf day was both stressful and rewaeding.  It all works out in the end. 

Tomorrow I see the dr. to begin to find out what must be done about my finger.  I'm pretty sure he will send me to the specialist and that will be another week until the appointment is made and then kept.  I have some new information about treatment thanks to one of our friends on this forum.  Marilyn has contacted me directly to tell me about the treatment her husband had for the same thing.  So I'm more confident about the outcome.

Now, I bid you all good night, good rest and God's peace.

halkel

Well it is that time again to lay our heads down and try to rest.  June sounds like you had a full day.  I am planning on going to bible study tomorrow and looking forward to it.

Janie, I wonder, if you are something like me.  Worry about something that is not as bad as it sounds.  I really do catch myself worrying about the pain and stress or different procedures, first my laser surgery on my eyes, then my back procedures and now the cataract surgery and in every case it was almost completely pain free you got up walked away from the office afterwards.  Yes there was a bit of stress but all in all not not worth all that I worriedd about.  My tummy shots were worst than all the things i talked about above.

Oh, well, enough of my jabbering.  Off to bed.

Nite, nite, God Bless and sweet  dreams.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. just up for a drink and nature call,not good rest tonight
so back to bed for another try. Hope to do better this trip, see you all later. hope you all are doing better than i am tonight.

Lloyd
4:56 A M now C T S time.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Raining here and has done so most of the night. We are off to a village about 40 min from here to deliver a quilt. While watching tv last night a knock came to the door and it was a lady that I had given a quilt to in the past, she also needed one for another lady..

Callie, I think Miss Emily did well, and good to hear Miss Ellen was not near the attach!I live here look is when I get the most company. :)

Jane, hope your mind is a bit at ease now.Amazing what the Dr.s can do and technology has changed so much!

June, we have enjoyed oatmeal for supper when we have had a big lunch and not really hungry.

Good morning Lloyd...off you go for more zzzz's :)

Better get a move on and get ready..

Enjoy your day everyone..

Jimmy Dean