Random Image

Climber

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:15:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Shirley - Tisie 08.07.2023

Started by so_P_bubble, July 13, 2023, 05:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Shirley

so_P_bubble

Junior and Senior High school

so_P_bubble

Shirley Ann (Smith) Stallard, age 88, died peacefully on July 8, 2023.
Born in Jefferson City, MO., on January 16, 1935, Shirley was the youngest of O.J. And Palagie Ellen "Tisie" Smith's five children. She attended Broadway Elementary School and Smith-Cotton High School in Sedalia, Mo. She loved the Class of '53, and was convinced they are the kindest people in the world, and that she grew up in the best place in the world.

While working for the Army Map Service, hand drawing terrain maps, Shirley met Caskel Stallard at Whiteman Air Force Base. In 1954, they married and spent nearly three years in England where he was stationed with the United States Air Force. Their first child, Julie-Ellen, was born overseas in 1956. The family moved to Sedalia, Mo., where Andy was born in 1960, and then onto Liberal, Kan., where Pete was born in 1963. The new family of five moved to Wichita, Kan., in 1963, then they built their home in Goddard, Kan., in 1967. Shirley and Cas had a brief three-year stint in Kansas City, Kan., moving back to Wichita for the final time in 1987. Cas died in 2013, and Shirley decided it was time to go on the road in a 29ft motorhome while keeping her permanent home in Wichita. She was on the road to fulfill a lifetime dream, bringing joy and fun to everyone she met.

Shirley was an incredible homemaker, an inspirational mother and a multi-talented artist. Her paintings, photography and sculptures fill her home, and her work can be seen around Kansas and Missouri. Her greatest pride is her family: she has inspired two generations of scientists and engineers. Her family was blessed by her strong (perhaps a better word is willful) presence in life as she guided them. Shirley made friends everywhere she went, including all of the animals and critters that visit her home in west Wichita and on her travels. She adopted several feral cats over the years, and made all her cats happy and at home and with her whether at her home or inside her home on wheels. Shirley's focus in life has always been taking care of others. When Cas died in 2013, she went on a journey of rediscovering her purpose in life. She realized that helping others to find happiness and kindness in their life was her gift to others.

Amy

Beautiful Bubble. Shirley has left a legacy for her children and grandchildren to follow. I woul think Shirley would say "What a wild ride I had in life"
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Love the pictures...even through my tears!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirly...you will be remembered for all the right reasons, it has - had been a joy to have known you on our S & F's for the past 14 plus years..
" There is no present like the time "

Marilyne

Remembering Shirley, with her unique and special personality.  She referred to herself as "Pollyanna", and it was a fitting description . . . always looking at the positive, happy side of life, in spite of the circumstances.  Rest In Peace. 

patricia19

You were one of the good ones, I'll miss you, Shirley!

phyllis

I never met her but Shirley was my friend.  She shared her days with me and I shared mine with her and that made us friends.  I will miss her.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Tomereader1

Thank you Bubble for posting Shirley's pictures.  I think she had used most all of them, at one time or another, as her avatar pics.  It was great to see them in a chronological order. 

MaryPage

I still think of us as SeniorNet, back before we became Seniors & Friends.  I miss each and every voice that has turned off its lamp and gone silent, but I remember them all and feel them listening to the few of us remaining.
Wasn't Shirley lovely!  And apparently a shorty, like my Debi.
Oh my, I want to hug each Shirley, from the tiny little girl on upwards.  Bubble, HOW do you DO this?  Well, never you mind.  Just keep on keeping on, while I am grateful that you do.

I have been thinking about this world we live in today, and how very different it is from the one I was born into 94 plus years ago.  A few things scare me to bits.  Nuclear weapons are one of these. Artificial Intelligence is another.  Now, presumably we have all of us in this forum been diagnosed with breast cancer at one time or another.  Mine was too far back for me to stick a date on now, albeit I Could look it up.  But it was one of our easier ones:  a lumpectomy followed by just keeping an eye on it.
I actually felt sorry when my oncologist told me to stop coming.
I had become so fond of her! Oh well: one less doctor when you are as old as I, is a blessing not to be cursed.

But Sisterhood, study up on AI. Seriously. We do not need to know how it works.  We do not need to take classes or read thick boring books.  We need to KNOW what it can do.  We do.  So get yourselves hustling and Find Out!  And do not prepare to be happy with those findings. We need to make a Plan to protect ourselves from AI.
We already have it in the house.  Probably you do as well and all.
Do you have Alexis?  Ecco?  You've got it!  You have simply got to know what you are dealing with.

MaryPage

Sharing some more thoughts with you that fit into our present times.  I have written all eight children to tell them they have a home here with me no matter what. Elizabeth, Anne, and Becky may bring their pets.  Rob, Chris, Delmore and Debi no longer have any.  I have told Pam she may bring her three Golden Retrievers, but not her horses or cattle.  She assures me she has sold the cattle, and can find enough forage around these parts for the horses.  I feel a bit queasy about that one, but going on:  this is all about the dreadful happenings associated with Global Warming.  I figure the 13 granddaughters will have to see to the 28 great grandchildren, but the 8 can look to me.  A safe haven for all is the goal here.[/color][/size][/i]

PatH2

Goodbye, Shirley.  You left us the way I hope to--calmly accepting, and still thinking about and enjoying all the good things in life.

SharonE

I always enjoyed Shirley going clear back in the mid 90d's when we were SeniorNet. We'll miss her occasional posts and bubbly personality.  Rip!
Sharon

so_P_bubble