Random Image

IMG_1504~photo.JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:56:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

Good Morning.. I misplaced the bill for the new registratin for my car and can't get through to DMV. They want numbers I don't have on the website. GRRRRR. I finally got eith an appt for hhis first shot on Friday. Yesterday two places returned my calls  too late.

jane

Marilyn...how frustrating!
 :hb2:  :hb3:  :hb2:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARY!  ENJOY YOUR DAY.

I have tax appt at 11:30, will make stop at grocery for a couple items...tomorrow is another day of wintry mix.  We have snow on the ground, but roads are wet only.

Stay safe and healthy!

Jane

Tomereader1

Same here, Maryz.  Neighbor's Bradford Pear in glorious white bloom.  The neighbor behind me has a redbud that is simply stunning.  It is a small tree, but covered in those hot pink (fuschia) blooms.  My grass is brown, but the weeds are green!  Temps near 80 yesterday.

Cottoncandy

Happy Birthday Mary....all is well here

SharonE

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARY! :happybday:  :hello:  :cheer:
[/b][/color][/size]

Jane you have all the balloons, but they aren't in my emoji selection, even under "More". Why?

Hard to believe you have snow again. Glad you turned around and got home safe.  We dropped down to the 40's and 50's again with rain. My bones are screaming too.  Have any of you heard of the home remedy for arthritis that involves soaking golden raisins in gin till it's all absorbed and then eating 6 or 8 a day?  I've read about it over the years and now I'm going to try it as soon as I can find a liquor store and buy some gin. We don't keep hard liquor on hand, so haven't even seen a store around here, but think there's one in the mall.

I played bridge this afternoon. Had fun, but didn't have very good cards.

I had a virtual appt with my neurologist yesterday and he said that he thought I might benefit from a relatively new ultra sound treatment that targets a spot in the brain and stops the tremor.  I have read up on it and need to call the hospital and talk to them before I decide to do it. It's kind of scary.

Darlene, sorry about your loss of power and no vaccine. Hopefully you will get the latter soon.

Marilyn, I'm glad you got an appt for Keith. Hope you get the registration bill. You didn't put it in the car glove compartment, did you? Just a thought.

Well, TV time.  Stay warm and safe everyone. Spring is bursting out all over here too.  Sharon   

jane

Sharon...I don't know why you don't have the balloons if you're clicking the MORE here in the reply box. 

The snow from yesterday is slowly melting and I'm so glad I moved the tax meeting.  She seemed pleased I had everything she needed.  I teased her that I was going to bring the receipts in a shoe box or garbage bag.  She laughed and said "It happens!"  I cannot imagine being an accountant and facing that.  It's a relief that she'll get it filed electronically soon and that'll be over for another year.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

maryz

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

And thanks for all the birthday wishes. I got my "present" last Saturday, with getting to spend real time with my daughters and grands. But Margaret brought me a bouquet of daffodils and some pink magnolia blossoms from her yard, and Sue sent flowers from a local florist. Also when Margaret came by, she hung my Navajo rugs on the wall. I love having them where I can see them, and look forward to having more "stuff" on the walls soon.

jane, glad this latest snow hasn't lasted too long. My CPA has gotten my tax stuff, so that's done for me, too.

Sharon, that gin & raisins thing has been around a long time, hasn't it. Hope it works for you. I used the CBD oil for a while a few years ago, but I don't know that it helped any. I have talked to people who swore by it, though.

Again, Happy St. Pat's Day to all the Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Dreary, rainy, cold day here...more like November.  I decided to do something for me, so scheduled a pedi for tomorrow at 1:00.  My feet need a treat! :2funny:

Stay safe and healthy!

jane

SharonE

Jane, I don't know why I don't have balloons either. I used to!  Glad your snow is melting and that you got your tax stuff turned in. I sure was glad to get ours mailed off.

Mary, we went to the mall today and found an ABC shop & John got the gin for me. I'll fix the raisins tonight.

I went to Walmart and exhausted myself. It's a huge store. Got most of what I wanted except for a watering can for indoor flowers. Also took back some pillowslips I had gotten at Bed, B & B. They were supposed to be Sateen, Egyptian cotton and looked like rags when they were washed. I had gotten 2 sets and only opened one & used and washed it, so I took both sets back. I didn't get a full return, but did get a store credit for most of it.  By that time, I was exhausted, so we came home, although there were a couple more places I would've like to gone to. I guess I'll hit them when I take Bunny to be groomed the next time.

I have thought about trying the CBD, but from what I've heard it is hard to find a pure oil without other junk in it and the doctors don't know either.

We're going over to the dining room tonight for corned beef & cabbage, one of my favorite meals. They had some St. Pat's entertainment and all at 1:00, but that's when we were leaving to shop.  We had waited for my cleaning girl and she didn't come. That's such an aggravation, but she'll probably make it tomorrow.

My neighbor's dog is dying of kidney failure and is just devastated. She decided she was just going to hold him till he passed and not put him down.  He's a small Yorkie.  Bunny will miss him too.  I feel so for her.

All for now. Take care and stay safe. Sharon

Marilyn

You can buy the pure CBD oil at a dispensary Sharon. Just don't buy any online unless you are buying for a pet from a pet CBD site like Lola Hemp or Cannanine. Don't feel embarrassed going into a dispensary, lots of seniors are buying the pure CBD oil without the THC in the oil.Just go in and tell them what you want, and what it is for. Some are even buying it  with a small amount of the THC.

jane

And it's Friday...again! :2funny:

Snow is only left on north side of driveways or where it was piled by snow removers.  I'm hoping to get out a bit this afternoon for a walk when it warms up a bit.

Nothing else much going on.  Going out for supper tonight to a BBQ place further down on the river where they've reconstructed the dam to make a "lake."  I'm not wild about BBQ and heard it'd changed owners, so we'll see.  I'm sure I can find something to eat...esp. if I don't have to prepare it! :smiley6600:

I'm looking forward to next week....get a haircut and Wed. Patricia is coming down to go with me to get my 2nd Pfizer shot on Thursday in CR, and we'll have lunch there at a place we both like and then she's staying for a day or two to make sure of no reaction.  I'm so looking forward to having that second shot.

My sister and BIL are coming out on Easter Sunday....they've both had covid and have both had the second shot several weeks ago.  Ohio is much more organized on these shots than Iowa.

Stay healthy and safe,

jane

SharonE

Marilyn, what do you mean by a dispensary? A pharmacy? They only have bottled stuff that they don't know anything about either.

Jane, I hope the barbeque is good. I'm not a big fan either. It depends on the sauce. I don't like one that is too hotly spiced. I'm a wimp in that area.  Hurray that you're getting your 2nd shot and that Patricia will be with you.  Also great that your sister & bil are coming for Easter! I know you will be thrilled to see them.

We have decided to make the trip to our church for Easter. They are being very careful on social distancing and taking temps etc. I just can't stand the thought of not attending Easter services again this year.Also, it will give us a chance to see some people we haven't seen since everything shut down last March. I've been so glad to be able to watch the services streamed during this time. This will probably be the last time we go to our church since it is so far away, but decided it was worth it for Easter.

Nothing else going on here. Going to Spanish class this afternoon and dinner this evening. St. Pat's dinner was great. Had Grasshopper pie for dessert too.

Gotta go. Hi to all. Stay safe.  Sharon

diglady

I think this is beautiful and thought you ladies might enjoy it:::

http://gloria.tv/?media=479543&language=3SsSaAhCEfb

Marilyn

[b]Sherry a dispensary is a place where the sell Cannibis products.  The sell pot products and the CBD products, if pot is legal in your state there will be dispensaries in most all towns and cities.[/b]

jane

Saturday Afternoon First Day of Spring greetings! 

I've been down to neighbor's to do a little computer cleanup for them.  He somehow got on an email chain out of Facebook and wanted off.  It's for the motorhome they have.  So, I had to click around a bit and think he's now out of the group. 

Then, I put on a heavier jacket with a hood and walked to town.  It's just mid 40s and a strong wind, so that worked, stopped in town at the coffee shop for a chai latte and came on home. 

It's Spring OpenHouse in the town shops and quite a few young women out and about.  Coffee shop was full. 

Nothing else going on here.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

Cottoncandy

Hi Buddies..hope y'all are having wonderful weekend...Bubbles is changing my profile picture for me.....mine needed update...so thank you Bubbles...Sharon I have thought of using the CBD oil....but just don't know where to order it from..,Not legal in Texas....Jane happy to hear you are having guest...family...that's always nice...I love having mine..I have another great grand child...# 11. A boy...Carter Jack...hope to get to see and love on him soon....Have wonderful rest of weekend....

Tomereader1

I think CBD oil is legal in Texas, I heard of several shops that sell it in the suburbs of Dallas.  Don't know if they are still open since the Covid hit last year.
There seemed to be something on the news every night about a shop that sold all sorts of CBD items, but not since last year.

Cottoncandy

Thank you Bubbles for posting my new picture....hadn't updated in awhile....We have had nice weather the past few days...really need rain....haven't did anything today but read and watch tv...lazy Sunday...Shouting a big hi to everyone....CC

SharonE

Marilyn, pot is not legal here, although CBD oil is. There are a lot of places that sell it, but they look really seedy and I wouldn't trust their product to be pure.

My raisins should be ready to start taking tomorrow. They had to sit and soak up the gin for a week. Almost there.

Darlene, love your new picture. So pretty.  Congrats on the new great grand! #11, Wow!  We're expecting #4 in June.

Jane, sounds like you're staying active and getting out.

Thanks, Tome for the link.

My neighbor's dog died Fri. Her son took them to his property and buried him. I wrote her a note with the Rainbow Bridge Poem included and as I was taking it over to put on her front door yesterday, she pulled in and broke into tears when I told her how sorry I was.

I had a virtual visit with a neurosurgeon today. Had to wait 45 minutes! As bad as an in-office visit. Anyway he was nice and very knowledgeable and wants to see me in person, so the office will call me to make an appt.

Tonight, we're eating in the dining room, and tomorrow I play bridge. Other than that, not much going on.

Mary, where are you? Hope all's well with you.  Also, Alpiner and anyone else I've missed.  Stay safe.  Sharon

maryz

Sorry, folks - I've been bad about not writing.

When I took CBD oil, I ordered it from Amazon or Walmart - don't remember which now. It wasn't too expensive. Neither medical or recreational marijuana is legal in TN, but it's okay to get CBD oil products.

Darlene, congrats on your new great-grand, and to Sharon for your next one on-the-way.

I think it's really turning into spring around here. We've had a string of lovely days - temps in the upper 60s-70, and sunshine. Trees are starting to leaf out, along with the flowering stuff. Lots of pollen along with it, of course.

Hugs and Happy Spring to all the Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

JeanneP

Cotton Candy.
first time seeing your new picture here. Love you hair style. seems to now gone that beautiful shade of gray that I like. Mine still not enough silver in it.
I am now paying for all the sitting around I have done for a year and sleeping so much. Hardly walking other than to the grocery.
So today I decided time to now get out and walk my 3 miles a day like in the past. Sure found out that my joints now moving like a year ago. I was out of Breath after first mile. Going stick with it now. See if I loosen up.
I do think that the 2nd shot messed my insides up some. They did say that was the reason for still being sleepy. But got it over with..
Was 67 deg here today and so that get me more in the mood to walk.
JeanneP

JeanneP

Bubble. Can Isend you my photo from last week ? Look so tired on the one on now. Had so much sleep that I look little better.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

Of course you may, Jeanne, with pleasure.

jane

Darlene....great pic.  Your hair is beautiful.

Jeanne...good to see your posting.  The long year and hard winter made moving around hard for all of us up north.

Sharon...wish I could play bridge again.  I really miss it.

Mary...good to see your post. 

Rainy day here and for the week.  I got a text my taxes are ready, so I need to go over and sign so they can file electronically. 

Stay safe,

Jane

Cottoncandy

Goodmorning....almost noon...got up late..with not a lot of energy..Sharon..hope the gin and raisins work....I have heard of people using that...Jeanne good to see you posting...do you walk 3 miles a day when you walk...thx for complement on hair...I just let it do whatever...and it's really all grey...Mary..bet your Navajo rugs are beautiful...Marlyin hope things are better for you today in getting things done...Jane..we sure need rain...last night in west Texas they had rain then a huge dust storm...my son said it was terrible...thx for liking my hair..better go find some lunch..Have a great rest of day

jane

Ventured out in a very light rain...storms to come tonight "they" say on the TV weather.
 I got my taxes, paid my bill, and headed home to make out some checks for Uncle Sam and Princess Kim Reynolds (haha...our Clueless Governor).  Can you tell I'm not one of her fans??? :2funny:

Still drizzly and gloomy, so going to get a sandwich and sit in my fam room with my fire going and read.

Stay safe, Buddies!

jane

maryz

Darlene, great new hair-do and photo!  We got our rugs at the Crown Point, NM, rug auction a number of years ago, buying directly from the weavers. A great experience!

jane, it's always a good feeling to get those checks in the mail. I should be getting my stuff back from my CPA before too much longer.

Jeanne, good to hear from you.  Three miles is a lot - at least it is to me.  Good luck with making your goal.

Sharon, sorry to hear about your neighbor's dog - always hard. Glad you're getting to play some bridge.  When is your new baby due? (or did you say, and I've forgotten)

Nothing going on here. Jean (my youngest, in Nashville) got her J&J shot on Saturday. It was a mass vaccination event - in the parking lot at Nissan Stadium, expecting 10,000 people. She said it went really smoothly - she was done and gone within 30-45 minutes of her appointment time. And no second shot.  Margaret and Kate will be getting their second shots around the end of the month. Yea!!

JeanneP

Hi All.
yes I thought I would get back on the computer again. Sort of got tired of technology of all kinds. Fact let a few things get to me. Never have been good at handling things that just could not get a answer to right away. Now that seems to be everything. Can't reach anyone on the phone. Bank impossible getting in to there and need to do lots of things on Estate and things in Lock box. That whole thing is a mess. Think going to have to redue over again.. Been 13 months now driving around with no Auto licence. Due again for driving test in April but not heard a thing from them. Got a couple of letters from State extending my old one. Now it looks like they may extend them until june. Even called the Police chief and he says as long as people do not have a wreck showing up they don't know what is going on.  Just keep good insurance up to date and not worry about it. This is all paid up now for another year.  I don't think I have put 200 miles on my car since last year. Wish I had never bought a new one. Insurance doubled.
I even quit walking other than to store and it really has messed me up as I now have made up mind to get back to the 3 miles if possible. Thing is I never noticed that that balance is not as good. Never had problems. But never it seems to be getting back to normal after walking this week. Was cooking and putting a few pounds on so watching that. Sleeping to much. Quit that also. Got to get back to normal living best we can as a don't think  this thing is going away this year. I have had my shots and so feel safer.
Lost 5 friends who if not getting together at least talked on phone. Not seen my best friend in the Senior living appt. Even her family not seen her other than through the Window. Over a year now.
Blood pressure seems to be doing O.K  which surprises me. I don't seem to be bothered by depression like some I know but I just can't stick to anything I start doing. Lots of things need worked on around the house but I need some heavy stuff doing.Should be cleaning out lots of things as we are stuck in but just put it off. Even reading a book takes me twice as long. Library just open for us to pick of shelves again but can only be in for a hour. Always loved spending time in libraries. Got another IPad and trying to fix so can use 2 Ipads but forgotten so much on how to work with the system. Books and things like photos all automatically show up on both but apps do not move. Need to find out again how to put new apps on.  Again I play for a short time and then give up. Need to work with Technician
Well just like when talking to people these days I just have gone on and on. Not even going to spell check this one.
It is warming up here and so I look for some type of normalcy soon. .
JeanneP

jane

Good to see the postings this afternoon.  It's been a rainy, cold and windy morning here, but rains have moved off to Illinois to visit Jeanne!

Patricia just called from the Welcome Center on the MN-IA border where she filled up her car and is ready for the rest of the trip here.  The spaghetti sauce is in the slow cooker, so that'll be easy.

I've caught up on laundry...sheets, etc. and my personal bookkeeping.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

SharonE

Mary, good to see your post. I started the gin & raisins yesterday, but no results so far, probably will take some time if it ever works. Our new little great grand daughter is due the end of June. I would love to see your Navajo rugs. I bet they are beautiful. I have oriental rugs, correction, an oriental rug that I love. I had 3 others, but passed them on to Melanie when we moved. One was a small one we had bought in Turkey. I miss it, but there is no good place for it here. Mel's cat thinks it's his now.

Darlene, I love gray hair like yours or white. Mine is still mostly dark blond with some gray in it. It will probably never be really gray. My mother grayed really early & so did Melanie. Mom's hair was a beautiful white in her later years. Melanie's came in gray after her chemo, so she is dying it blond. Still startling to me to see her blond. Her natural color was dark brown, but I guess she wanted to be blond like the rest of the family. Lori's is really blonde and always has been. Brian's is more my shade now. John's too.  I like your cut too.  I have an appt to get mine done next Friday so it will be nice for Easter.  I signed up for the 11:00 service for Easter.  Because of the social distancing, they require signups. They are having 3 services.  Overflow will have to watch the streaming on screen in the Fellowship Hall.  I'm so looking forward to getting back to church again.

Jane, I am so tired of rain and drearies.  We have a few nice teaser days then it's back to the rain. Glad Patricia is about there.  Hope you don't have any reaction to your shot.

Brian got the 1 shot J & J and it really affected him for a couple days. All the states are lowering the ages of eligibility so hopefully all my kids and grands will get it by May at the latest.

My cleaning girl came today. Then John & I had to read through and sign all the legal docs for the Transfer on Death of our investments for the broker. I so hate legalese! Anyway, it's all done except for getting our grandkid's SS#'s since they are contingency heirs if anything happened to their folks.

Nothing scheduled for tomorrow. Spanish Friday.

Jeanne, good to see you posting again. I think procrastination is a given with old age--at least it is with me.  Good for you with the walking though. Wish I could do that.  Just can't though.

Bubbles, hope your election comes out well. Didn't sound too good this AM.

Hi to Marilyn & Alpiner & Tome.  Everyone have a nice evening.  Sharon