Random Image

Cliff, Kelly, Fe

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:26:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone...we just had a nice shower also Alpiner...don't think Ida will reach us....talking about dental appt...I have one next week....been a very quite Sunday...reading and watching movies....hope everybody is well and happy.......

jane

The much less humidity is very welcomed here.  Lots of noises around the neighborhood as tree trimmers cut up downed trees and limbs from the last storm.  I did walk, but came home dripping wet from my exercise.  You'd have thought I really worked out.  Nope, just a slow walk.
  :idiot2:

No other plans for the day...though I may bake up some choc chip cookies for the freezer. 

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

maryz

I spent all day yesterday watching the Weather Channel. I grew up in Houston, so hurricane-watching was bred into me. I've been thinking about our Joy in Baton Rouge and her family. Rain from Ida is supposed to be in our area, starting tonight, and probably doing more damage to the counties in TN that were flooded last week. Where we go to the beach (near the mouth of Mobile Bay) got hammered with rain and probably some storm surge. Mother Nature can be tough!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Marilyn

Good Morning buddies. I have a Chiropractor appointment this morning and will see the Cardiologist tomorrow. We are having some company this afternoon. A couple  from northern Oregon is camping in Brookings and will drive down today to  go out to dinner with us. They visited us shortly before we moved.  The wife is a classmate of Keith;s and has known him since elementary school. It will be good for Keith to get out. Since we moved here he has only been out of the house 4 times at the most. Twice he waited in the car for me to shop.

All is well here. Jeannie (Sonja's mom) gave Freckles a doggie couch that her two elderly Chihuahua don't use. I posted a picture on Facebook of her in the bed and Millie standing on her hind legs next to it.

I hope every Buddy has a wonderful day.

jane

Mary...I thought of our Joy, too, when they mentioned Baton Rouge.  I hope her girls are safe.  They had such damage with Katrina, as I recall.

Marilyn...great you have found two doctors and have a night out for dinner planned. 

jane

jane

Good Morning, Buddies! 

I hope today is a good one for you and you're safe from any weather or health issues. 

This morning our Director of Nursing at our local hospital was on facebook with a message about the hospital being full and they're unable to transfer patients who need specialized care to the larger city hosptials as is normal protocol.  I thought we would be over the scary pandemic, but that's obviously not the case here.

I'm back to staying at home and will order groceries online for pickup.  Masks are back in my purse and pockets. 

My niece called yesterday to talk about coming down this weekend.  She'd drive down after work on Friday...getting here about 9:00pm and then leave Sunday for the 6 hour drive home.  I told her to stay home and get rested up.  We can't go anywhere here, and it's too long a trip for a day visit!  They're running themselves crazy with work during the week and company on the weekend.  They have a 10 day trip to Montana coming up ... so I told her to stay home and get ready for that.

Stay safe and healthy, Buddies!

jane

Sandy

Good for You Jane for
taking good care of your self and others. 

You are wise to fight this thing the best
that you know how to.

Peace to  ALL!!
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

MaryPage

Oh yes, Jane.  Joy and I used to compare notes, as I lived in Louisiana for a very short time back in 1945.  Things were really different back then, yet still I can relate to what is going on now. 

All of y'all who are listening in to the news this morning, and in particular to the briefing by the Governor and others, if you get confused by the constant use of the word "Parish" and begin to think they must be the most religious folks on the planet, well they call their counties parishes.  They do.  They are the only one of the 50 states that do.  So they are talking about counties.  Louisiana is a different country, and no two ways about it.

I expect most of you already know that, but if I can bring relief to just one confused person, it is worth it to explain this little difference in language.

SharonE

Marilyn, hope you can find a good phone & network. I hate the dictated messages too for the same reason. Have fun with your visitors.

Mary, I hope TN isn't hit too hard by Ida after all the flooding they have already had. We were supposed to have bad storms last night and this morning, but not much happened. Sprinkling a little now, but that's all, so didn't walk very far with Bunny.

I guess we all were thinking of Joy when we saw Baton Rouge getting hit. I, too, hope her girls were safe.

Jane, I think you were wise to tell your niece to stay home for now. This thing is scary.  It's cooler here today, due to Ida, I suppose. Yea!

I'm glad Alpiner and Darlene got some rain. I'm sure it was needed.

I played bridge both Mon & Tues afternoons and will help teach new players tomorrow.

I got my new wig yesterday and I love it. It is so much more me and closer to my own hair color and style. Believe it or not, I got it on Amazon!  John likes it a lot better too.

Stay safe and dry, everyone.  Sharon

jane

Cooler and less humidity here, too, and even a few sprinkles of rain. 

It's getting scary here...older people (like me) are back to wearing masks in the grocery stores, etc.
 The hospital and clinic have reinstated the thermometer, etc. checks when you enter and you must wear a mask, etc. 

I need to make a run to Farm Fleet for bird seed for the little critters. 

Take care and stay safe,

jane

MaryPage

I gather we will not be out of danger from any number of Covid variants that may come along until such time as we get enough of a percentage of our population vaccinated to give us herd immunity.

We have had so much good luck with conquering other viruses through vaccines, having people take them without question, I find it just immensely sad these many different tales against the Covid vaccines have been bandied about and are scaring people out of getting them.  We really need, as a whole species inhabiting this planet, to be able to vanquish these dangerous viruses the only way we have found so far that works.  As long as a given virus is not beaten by not being able to find humans without antibodies in them, that virus will have the time to change into ever more deadly variants.  That puts all of us in danger, as the antibodies we have accumulated in our bodies may not work against the variants down the line if they are too different from the original virus we took a vaccine against.  We really do need to be united in this.  The lack of trust in our Public Health system makes me want to sit down and have a good cry.  Those people use their great educations to devote their lives to improving ours.  They could earn humongous salaries in the profit-making sector of our Capitalist society, yet the vaccine nay-sayers claim to mandate vaccines, or even just masks, is a Communistic attitude!  Go figure!

You probably saw the devastation from a tornado that touched down here in Annapolis this afternoon.  It was on the evening news.  That is on the other side of town from where I live.  We had some weird changing from light to dark and pouring down rain to not a drop, but no destructive winds right here.  All quiet at this time.

Sweet dreams to all.

jane

MaryPage...Thank you for posting.  We were all concerned, of course, when we saw Annapolis had had a tornado and lots of destruction.  Glad you're safe and no damage.  I, too, don't understand why people would take a livestock dewormer instead of a tested vaccine.  It's beyond bizarre.  If it were in a book or movie, we'd say...NO WAY....but, unfortunately, even educated (supposedly) Senators are touting it. 

Much cooler here today, but too many aches and pains to try a walk.  I did get my garbage bin to the curb for pickup and going to be in for the day, working on a computer project and getting my checkbook in order for the new month.   

Weather changes again with rain to come tonight and storms as well.  I'm glad for the cooler weather.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

Cottoncandy

Good morning all...did my mile walk..but it was very humid...so ready for cooler weather...the virus is spreading fast here also...schools closed for a week..Mary P glad you didn't have bad weather?.Marlyin sounds like you are getting things done....do you like it better there?Sharon I wish I had a wig...my hair is really thick...don't know if that makes a difference on fitting Hope everyone has a good safe holiday weekend.....

jane

Hi, Darlene...good for you walking, in spite of the Texas humidity.  Sorry to hear the schools have so much infection.  I'm afraid that'll be the pattern across the country where masks aren't mandated.

Stay safe, Buddies

maryz

Darlene, hot and humid is just "life" in Texas - as it is here in TN. LOL

jane, sorry for the creakies - we all understand. The county where I live has closed the schools until the end of next week. Same thing as your state - the governor has said "no mask mandates". Fools!, but unfortunately playing with the health of our children.

MaryPage, I texted with my granddaughter in Annapolis this morning. The worst of the storm missed them. She said there was some tree damage in their area, but nothing like in other areas. It was good to get that news.

Sharon, glad you able to be getting in shape for your trip. October, isn't it?

Marilyn, so glad you're getting settled in. Was Keith able to interact with his visitors? You never know what memories will surface - and, of course, that's probably what's hardest to deal with.

I had a big morning - out for my mani/pedi AND a haircut. I was overdue for a haircut, and was able to get it done at the shop where I get my mani/pedi. Convenience plus!!! Being out all morning has pretty much done me in for the day.  But I look better!  (Yeah, right!!!)

Have a great day, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Mary Page, so glad to hear you weren't touched by the Annapolis tornado. We were all thinking about you.  Agree about the idiots who won't vaccinate. No sense at all.

Jane, they have been advertising a new RA drug on TV. Is it not an option for you?  The governors who won't mandate masks in the schools are nuts! IMHO anyway.

Mary, you must be all beautiful now after your spa treatment! Glad you weren't touched by the tornadoes either.

We finally had a mild storm last evening for about an hour or so, but nothing dramatic.  We really needed more. It's a shame that all the water that has flooded so many places can't be spread out in the West to quell the forest fires and drought there.

I helped teach bridge this afternoon. Rather boring but I'm sure helpful to the 2 girls I was working with.

Bout time to leave for dinner.  Stay safe, everyone.  Sharon

jane

An early and painful morning here...and rain now.
 The heating pad and I are inseparable again, and add in the super strength tylenol.  I'm so glad I told Niece not to come tonight. I'm just not up for "company" though she's so easy to get along with.  It's just I'd rather be alone than trying to be companionable. No eating out tonight either with friends.

The only thing I have today is a haircut at 11:30.

Our goofy Governor has gone back to 3 times a week Covid updates and rates have gone WAY UP since January.  AND, all the hospitals seem to have a nursing shortage. 

Have a safe and healthy Friday,

jane

MaryPage

I believe I read the other day that something like 3,000 nurses have caught and died of the Covid.  And the rest have burnout.  I sure understand that.  We may have to import nurses from other countries, promising them bonus pay.  When I read what some are getting already, also the other day or so, I almost swallowed my dentures!

Did you see that young man on the national news last night?  I do not remember whether he was on ABC or NBC, I watch both, but he was in a blue hospital gown with an oxygen tube in his nose.  An anti-vaccine fellow, he said he just wished he had gotten it.  I felt so sorry for him.  There was a doctor on the news over this last weekend, and she was saying how many deaths she'd had where she had held the hand of the patient and the patient had begged for the vaccine and she'd had to say that it was too late.  Me, I would have given the patient a little jab in the shoulder of sedative and not said anything about too late; but I am not medical, perhaps that solution is frowned upon.

Sorry about the pain, Jane.  Thanks for the caring, MaryZ.  Your name, I have graciously, until now, failed to mention, reminds me of a popular song from back when I was young.  Which I really was, once upon a long time ago. What song, you say?  Marezy Dotes and Doezy Dotes and Littlelambzeetivy, A kidull eativy too, wouldn't you?  We had such brilliant, inspiring music on our juke boxes back in the day! At least we knew what we were singing (at the top of our lungs) with Marezy Dotes; we had a harder time with the Hut Sut Song and a few others. What foolishness that I can remember all of that nonsense so very well, yet cannot tell you what I had for breakfast barely an hour ago!

Listen up now: y'all have a Lovely Day!  Every one of you!

Vanilla-Jackie

Now all sing-along...you too Mary Page..

" There is no present like the time "

MaryPage

Good Grief, Janet Lennon!  They used to be on What's His Name's Show, and there were three or four of them.  Wonder what ever happened to them.

Thanks, Jackie.  Bet y'all thought I was imagining there was ever such a song!

MaryPage

Lawrence Welk, that's who.  Whose show they were featured on.  I did not much like him, but I loved the Lennon Sisters.

Oh, and there were four.  Four at a time.  As the older ones retired, a new sister would be added to the group.  There were 7 sisters in all, but apparently only 4 sang at any one time.

They were great.  Welk, not so much so.

maryz

MaryPage, I didn't watch Lawrence Welk, but I definitely remember both those songs - and can sing them right along with you!

jane, I'm so sorry you're hurting so bad. This changing weather is the pits. Hooray for acetominophen and heating pads!

Sharon, glad you're getting to play bridge. It's been over a year since I did. Oh, well...

Lovely cooler (low 80s) and less humid weather here now. Enjoy it while we can. From the weather map I look at on line, it looks like there's another big storm brewing in the Atlantic. And Ida was churning up a mess in the Gulf of St Lawrence.

Marilyn

Oh my goodness what a lot of posts since I was here last. But at least I see how all y'all are doing. Singing songs, and staying dry.  I don't rememeber who asked me what but will try.

Darlene yes I do like this place a lot better that the house in Oregon. Smaller, cleaner, no stinking cat urine all over the house.a lot less stuff. (got rid of so much that we do not need) Quiet and safe neighborhood

Sharon, no Keith didn't have much to say to the guests. He has good days and bad days, ie, yesterday he didn't know we had dogs even after I showed them to him. Plus he doesn't know where he is anymore and asks me what day it is and how do I find the bathroom" I give him directions every time he has to go by telling him turn left or right or it is right in front of you.

It isn't hard to take care of him yet. He never goes outside and spend most  of the days laying down in his room or on the couch. He doesn't eat much and that concerns me. He has lost 30 lbs.

MaryPage, I totally agree with your statement  about getting the vaccine. My son and DIL do not want to get vaccinated and just got over Covid in the last few days but will continue to test positive for the next 3 mpnths.

Jane sorry to hear about your pain, I too am having some pain with the weather changes but not like you.

MaryPage  That song is actually Mares eat oats bit sound like Marezydotes. sorry to burst your bubble.LOL

Buddies I hope yall stay safe, dry and well.
[color]

jane

Wow...walking down Memory Lane!  Fun! I think, for a while years ago, the Lennon Sisters may have appeared in Branson, MO. 

It's been a real fall-like day...63 degrees and rain, rain, rain.

I'm in for the day...and probably the weekend. 

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

Tomereader1

"Mares eat oats, and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy. I kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you"?

No, I wouldn't eat ivy!

Never could learn the words, or determine the "meaning" (if there was one) of the Hut Sut Ralston song.  May have to Google that!

Sorry to hear so many of you are having pain, to go along with the rainy weather.  Wish we had some rainy weather.  We have "hot - muggy". It's 90 something on my front porch (that's in the shade) and soon as you step out, the humidity grabs you, and you are sweating by the time you get into the house with the A/C. 

Hope all of you are staying safe, having had your vaccine already, and wearing your masks when around others. 

This being September 3rd, I am still wondering where July and August went.  It's already getting darker, earlier, so soon will be the switch from DST to regular time.  "Fall Back" --- which I can never remember if we lose an hour, or gain an hour of sleep, but I just sleep anyway, when I can and try to get all my errands done before it gets dark!

Have an enjoyable, cooler, pain free "Labor Day Weekend".

(Always think of all of you, even if I'm not posting.  But I am reading all of yours.)

Vanilla-Jackie

Tomereader..
..blink your eyes and it will be Christmas.. :o
" There is no present like the time "

jane

I'm glad to see the site is back. 

The weather here is up and down and so is my body. 

The only thing I've accomplished today is changing the batteries on my car key fobs.  When I found one didn't work, I looked up online what kind of battery it took and went out and bought a packet.  Back home, followed the online directions, and now both have new batteries and, best of all, work!  What a problem if one goes out while you're away from home, and haven't brought the extra one with you!

Stay safe and healthy,

Jane

maryz

I guess I missed the outage. All seems to be okay now. 

Happy Saturday, Buddies!

SharonE

Wow, lots of posts since I was here. It's been cooler for a few days but is supposed to warm up again to the 90's. Ugh. My legs have been bothering me today. I think I've been doing to much, so I didn't do the long walk to the lower lake with John & Bunny today. Just a short walk at lunch.

I did laundry yesterday and folding today and have to go fix dinner in a minute. Otherwise nothing going on here--except we got a notice a while ago that our dining room is closed till further notice! Don't know whether it is lack of servers or Covid or what. They haven't told us yet.  Then John came in and said the EU said US tourists weren't welcome in Europe but the individual countries would decide if they would let them in!  We leave in 19 days!!!

Jane, I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I wish they could find a solution for you. Tylenol ES isn't doing me much good. Tramadol still helps some.

Marilyn, I'm sorry K is getting worse. I hope you are finding some joy now that you are in CA and a decent house.

Mary Page, I remember that song. I sang it as a child. I also remember the Lennon sisters. My parents watched Lawrence Welk every week, so I saw bits and pieces.

Darlene, keep up the walking and activities. I'm trying but it is hard for me.

Hi Mary. Hope all is well with you and your girls.

Hi to all the others I've missed. Stay cool and safe.  Sharon

jane

Sharon...I heard that, too, about visitors from the USA to Europe.  Surely Tauck is on top of the situation and will let you know what's up. 

What do you do about dining now?   Getting restaurant and other businesses help is a major problem here, too.  Registered Nurses are in big demand and in short supply, too.

I just heard that 9 Nursing Homes were ordered to close in Louisiana.  Where on earth will that many patients go?  Apparently they were taken to some huge warehouse and the conditions were awful and 7 died.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane