Random Image

April Snow 007.jpg

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:14:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharonE

Hi Gals. We're back from SS & church also and have finished lunch and put in a load of towels. The SS had a cake for us today--just what I needed!  But a sweet thought. It was also Pastor Bob's birthday this past week, so everyone felt they had to celebrate us.

Yes, Sue, everyone really was thoughtful about my birthday. I felt really loved.

No plans for the afternoon. Probably read also.

I think Jane is home from Ohio. I don't know why she isn't posting. Maybe everything is catching up to her.

Mary, we haven't heard much from you either. I hope you are continuing to mend.

Marilyn, what did the doctor say about the lump they took off of Keith's face/ear?  Was it a cyst or something else. Prayers it's okay.

Sharon

Marilyn

Sherry Keith will have the lump removed tomorrow. The Dr. doesn't think it is cancer just a large cyst.
Nothing else new here. Rained most of yesterday, no rain today. I thin k I will go see anbout baking an Apple Crisp.

jane

Sunday evening greetings!

It's good to see Sharon had a great 80th and is out and about with her own wheels.

Hi to Sue, Jeanne, Mary, Darlene, Alpiner, Marilyn,

Nephew, wife and older son, Joe...the vet...were here this weekend, helping me get ready for winter.  They got my outside flower pots emptied and put away, the hoses disconnected and water shut off to the drained outside faucets, the grill put inside for the winter, and a bunch of odds and ends...including clearing a clog in my kitchen sink.  I couldn't do the plunger by myself...nobody to hold the other side closed and nobody with enough oomph to use the plunger.  Joe also cleaned my big feeder and filled it and put it back up before they left for Mpls and northern WI this morning.  Don and Joe went through more of Ray's clothes and belongings and had big piles they took with them and for other son, Sam...and left me with a couple bags for Goodwill that didn't fit them or weren't what they needed. 

jane

jane

Cold, wet, windy and dreary Monday here.   Great day to do laundry, sit in the Fam room with the fireplace on and read.  Perfect wet, windy, cold Monday. 

And that's my news! :D

jane

maryz

Due to get more rain today here, too.  This is a good thing - we've been in quite a drought.

Still not a lot of energy, but I do get stuff done.  Just not a lot at any one time.  OT came and dismissed me today, and PT came - only two more visits for them.

Marilyn, I hope all goes well with Keith's procedure today, and it doesn't get him too upset.

alpiner, when are you having the additional work done on your hand.

Glad you're getting back to "normal", Sharon.  Don't overdo, though.

jane, enjoy your recliner day.

Happy Monday to Sue, Jeanne, Darlene, and all the Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've spent the morning at my ophthalmologist's office.  I'd called the Village Friends for a ride, but had no answer and Tim showed up.  I know he was bored out of his gourd while I was in the office for what used to be my annual check-up.  However at the end of my visit with my doctor, he told me he doesn't need to see me for 2 years!  So I'm glad about that!

Marilyn, I hope the cyst removal goes well.  Does Keith become anxious when you take him to the doctor?  Keep us posted.

Jane, you had a good weekend with your family--and lots of work done.  It's nice to have relatives come to your home to help--and I know you appreciate them.  Have you had snow yet? We are expecting rain this afternoon, but so far no snow.  Snow is something very unusual here.  The first week or so after I moved up here, it snowed for about an hour.  I still had Stubby and took him out to walk.  Every home I passed had a tiny snow man in their yard and NO SNOW on their grassy areas! I had a big chuckle about that after 2 lengthy duty tours in Brunswick, Maine.  There was snow on the ground in April when we moved there the first time and more to come--usually when Bob was away with the squadron! 

Mary, I'm glad you're finished with the OT and know you'll be glad when the PT is over.  Will you have some exercises to continue at home for a while?  Are your girls taking turns with trips to the doctors, etc. or does your residence offer transportation for that?  You are blessed to have such helpful daughters!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.  I need to start thinking about making some lunch!

Sue

SharonE

Jane, Wow, your family got a lot done in a weekend. I know how much you appreciated it. You just can't hire people to do stuff like that.  Enjoy your rain. We're supposed to get a little today, but I'll believe it when I see it. It has only rained parts of 3 days since the first of Sept and we are in a severe drought. However, this is the season we usually catch up--I hope.

I have to go to the ortho at 2:15 to schedule my knee replacement in January. Since John is free today, he's going to drive me, but I have 2 appts tomorrow--1 for a Reclast infusion and I forget what the other one is, think it is for a mammogram. Need to check. I have so many appts, it's hard to remember them all. Just remembered, it is for dry needling at the nearby therapy place. I so hope it helps my back.

Marilyn, glad it's only a cyst on Keith, but wise to have it removed anyway.

Mary, glad you're getting rain too.  Now, I need to run. Sharon

JeanneP

Waiting to hear from Texas as to how daughters back operation went. Did tell me that it took 7 hours.I just hope this one works as so many people seem to have back surgery and say doesn't help at all.
I finely read about it. https://backincontrol.com/surgery/procedures/anterior-lumbar-interbody-fusion-alif/ Shared via the Google app Sent from my iPhone
JeanneP

JeanneP

Sorry. That is to long for anyone to read. Maybe if their Dr. is saying they need to have something done to their back problem they will know about this one.  I think I would think twice about it going that far.
JeanneP

jane

Morning, Buddies.  32 here this morning and to get into the 40s.  Some dark clouds, so may have some rain.  Clinic changed time on my mammo to 12:15 in Dbq, so no bridge today. 

Tomorrow I'm flying to Mpls for a long weekend with same family here last weekend.  It just worked out that last weekend was when they could come here.  This weekend up there had been planned for a bit.  It'll be nice to see their place again and they're making cider this weekend.  I will come home Tues.

Their internet can be spotty, so I may or may not be able to get online.

Jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Jane and Every Buddy looking in.  I've showered and dressed for bridge this afternoon at Sarah's home.  Terri will pick me up--so I'm good to go already.  We don't play until 1:00, though.  So I'll just piddle around until Terri gets here (and eat some lunch also!)

I had an appointment with my ophthalmologist on Monday.  Tim came by and picked me up as I wasn't able to find a "Village Friend" who would take me to the appointment.  I've paid an annual fee to this organization and this is the first time I couldn't get someone to come to my house and drive me to my appointment.  While I was in the doctor's office, the head of the Village Friends came by to apologize for the lack of a driver.  The person who is in charge of getting drivers has not been very reliable!

Not much else going on here today.  It's cooler and windy, so a sweater is needed. 

Jane, enjoy your long weekend in Minneapolis with your relatives!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue 

maryz

Marilyn, I hope all is well with Keith postop.

jane, that's BRRRR cold - at least for us Southern girls.  Have a good time with your family this weekend.

I got 2" of rain in my gauge the other night - very welcome.  It didn't break our drought, but surely made our fall plants happy.  Today's lovely and tomorrow, and then more much-needed rain.
 I had my last PT appointment with Home Health this morning.  I need to keep working, and maybe start up with PT here at our facility.

Happy Wednesday, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Jane, have a good time in Minneapolis. That's where Joc, my granddaughter & family live. They just moved into a "new" house 2 mos ago in Maple Grove, a suburb. Supposed to have the best schools. I hope it isn't too cold for you up there, but IA sounds pretty nippy too.  It is getting up in the 70's here most days.

Sue, sorry your Village Friends couldn't help you today, but glad Tim could.  I played bridge today too, actually was hostess, so had to bake some lemon bars to take. We play at the golf club which has a separate room, then we go into the grill for lunch. Nice.

Jeanne, a back fusion is a scary surgery. Fortunately or not, they say it wouldn't help me. A lot of them fail. I hope your daughter's works.

Mary, lucky you with 2" of rain.  We've gotten some the past week, but I don't think that much.  Yes, you do need to keep up with your exercise, like it or not.  I'm having lots of problems with my back lately and may have to have a new generator put in. So I haven't been doing as many exercises as I'm supposed to.

I came in 2nd in bridge today --quite different from the booby prize last month. Had some good cards, but didn't get to play many hands.  Sharon

jane

Sue and Sharon...hope Sue's bridge was as good as Sharon's.  I missed playing today, but had to do the mammo.

Mary....so good to see your postings again!!

Back from the Big Squeeze...and hope there's no recall.  I HATE those.  They always scare me badly.

It's gotten cloudy again and I'm getting my suitcase packed.  I won't be in Mpls...Patricia will meet me and take me to their Northern WI home. 

Nothing else new here. 

jane

Cottoncandy

Hi buddies...had a wonderful 5 days with my kids...3 that had to travel here and  1 that lives here...they did a lot of fishing ...caught 2 nice catfish...fun just all being together...which isn't to often..Jane...I had the big squeeze couple weeks ago...good for another year...Hi Marlyin..Mary..Sharon...Jeanne...any I missed...turning colder here by Friday...I'm ready....have a blessed evening

SharonE

Jane, I hope the mamm was okay too. I'm scheduled 11//21. I had to get an order from my doctor to get it this year. After 80, SS doesn't want you to have them every year unless Dr orders it.  Have fun in WI

Darlene, sounds like you had a great time with your kids. Glad your mamm is over too.

My back is really bad and I'm going to have to do something for it. Between it and my injury, I'm having trouble getting anything done. Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Sharon and Every Other Buddy looking in.  I've been up for a while and am dressed for walking outside, but have been piddlin' around!  I am just not a morning person. My visit with the ophthalmologist went well and he scheduled me for another check up in 2 years.  I played bridge yesterday with the Wednesday group at Sarah's house.  I had some good cards and some not so good. 

Sharon, I hadn't heard that SS doesn't want us over 80's to have mammos unless our doctor's order it.  I guess I'll find out the next time I go for a mammo!  However, I would think that every female who'd ever had BC would be eligible for a mammo annually.  I had my last one at a new clinic not far from my home.

Darlene, what fun to have your kids home for 5 days!  I see Tim fairly often if they are not traveling--he's the only one who lives near me.  Bill tries to get here at least once a year when he's traveling on business.  Jon calls me fairly regularly so I keep up with him, Stacie, Alex (who is waiting for approval from the FBI for a job he's been hired to do) and Nick who has started his own business in New Orleans.

Jane, I'm glad you're having a nice trip to your relatives in Wisconsin.  I hope the weather is great--and I know you'll enjoy being with your family. 

Marilyn, I also hope along with Mary that all goes well with Keith's post op procedure.  Thoughts and prayers for you as you will be helping with his recovery.

Mary, we've not had much rain here, either.  I have way too many leaves down in my back yard and although I try to get some up and down to the curb daily, it seems a never-ending task!  Our temps in mid-day are still pretty high, too.  I shouldn't complain as many other places have much worse conditions--but I just hate having to go out there and rake up more leaves.

Sue

SharonE

Sue, leaf raking was never fun for me either. Fortunately, Sun City blows and collects ours. They were by yesterday and will be again later. What kind of business is Nick starting? I hope it is a success.

My cleaning girl is here today which was much needed.  I did get some summer stuff put away yesterday and my meds organized, but not much else. Like Mary, I can only do a little at a time.

In the 60's now but should reach 71 later. That's pretty much our forecast for the week. Rain Sunday.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Sharon

Marilyn

Hi every buddy. We are doingwell. Just letting you know and checking in.

maryz

Glad to hear all is well on the west coast, Marilyn (except for the fires, of course).

Let's hang in there, Sharon.

Yesterday was lovely, and actually today is too, other than being overcast and rainy.  We definitely need the rain.  It's only in the mid 50s (cool for us) and we've had about 0.75" of rain so far today.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow, too.

I hope all your teams win this weekend!

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy!  I've been up for a while, finished breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen but am still not dressed.  It looks like more rain here today so I hope to get dressed and outside before it does.  Eddie took me to the library, the bank, and to Kroger yesterday so I have new books to read.  He was planning a trip to Six Flags today if the weather is OK.  However if the rain starts big time, I doubt that he will go.

Mary, our AU Tigers are playing down at Baton Rouge today and I'm afraid we might be skunked!  I hope not, but with a new freshman at Quarter Back and a loud LSU fan base, I think it will be a tough game.  I'll be watching the game and hopefully NOT biting my nails!

I imagine Jane is having fun with her relatives in Minnesota.  I'm glad she has had an opportunity to visit with them.

Marilyn, I'm glad to see your post this morning and hope things are going well with you and Keith.  Keep us posted.

A big Howdy to every Buddy looking in this morning!
Sue

SharonE

I wrote a long post and lost it. The gist of it was that my back is killing me, I made a pot roast and wished everyone well. I'll catch up next time.  Sharon

alpiner1

We have been having strong Santa Ana winds & Thursday evening about 11:30p.m. the power was shut off . It has also been hot & with out power I didn't want to stay home with no a/c . Norm was going to drive our 1926 Model T Ford to a car show at a hospital the next day so I went along .  There was some shade so I survived !  The hospital hosts the car show & some of the residents come out & look at the cars . The hospital also provided our lunch !   The power was back on by 5:00p.m. Friday !  WE are on a well so didn't have any water , no showers , even toilet flushing .  I went grocery shopping today & it felt so good to get out !

I have an appt. with the dermatologist on November 13 to have surgery on the skin cancer that was removed . The dr. will freeze the skin & take off a bit more , then stitch it up . I hope this is taken care of & I won't be worrying about it .

so_P_bubble

I found this illustration in my mail with a note: Take the advice.  So I am sharing it!

SvB Pink Ribben-1.jpg

JeanneP

Not me. I was always a tom boy and fought like a boy. Laters what few times came up I could fight like a man.l did use it a couple af times. Not expected from someone only 5 ft. Tall.
JeanneP

jane

Alpiner - are you close to all the fires there in CA? 

Sharon- it sounds as if you're getting stronger everyday.

Mary- you also sound as if you've making good progress.

Sue...any relief from the heat?

Darlene...your family visit sounded wonderful.

Jeanne...looks like snow headed our way.

I'm still here in N. Wisc ...cold and crisp, but no snow...yet.

I'm flying home tomorrow.  It's been a good visit, and I am ready to get home now. 

Jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Jane and Every Buddy looking in.  I'm glad you've had a good time with your relatives.  We are having a bit cooler weather this morning, but I think it will warm up quite a bit after lunch. 

We had a big change at church yesterday.  The church had an infestation of mice and we had the service down in the lower area.  No explanation of where the mice came from!  However, the weather has been warmer than usual and perhaps that explains it!  Our youngest group of children sang for us and that was nice.  Our female pastor, Kathy, delivered the sermon.  She and Nick take turns and she always has a good message.

Not much else going on here today.  I don't know if Tim will be coming by.  I'm going to stay inside for a while just in case he shows up.  Last week he and Kris went down to a small beach in Florida where they like to camp--and had the place to themselves.

Sue

SharonE

Hi Gals.  Jane, I'm glad you've had a good visit in WI and no snow. We'll be glad to have you back posting regularly though.

Sue, glad it's cooling down a little for you. Our temps are on a roller coaster. We have a 50% chance of rain and cooler temps today. That would be good news except our landscaper is due to come this afternoon to replace 2 bushes and put down some pine straw in the back garden.

I'm off to see the therapist to get dry needling today. I saw the ortho yesterday. Apparently, there is a question of whether I can get an MRI due to my back implant. If I can, they can send the MRI & the xrays to a special place to have a knee implant specially designed for me. If not, I go with the old style which is more invasive and painful. They are checking it out now.

I do wish I could just stay home and rest a couple days.  I did get my church news done yesterday.  Also had a call from my bff from HS & college. She lives in the Villages.

Hope Tim comes, Sue.  Hi to everyone else. Sharon

Marilyn

Sharon what is dry needling?????

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  We're finally having some rain here this morning.  Fortunately my paper deliverer had the paper placed in a clear plastic bag, so no problem reading the news.  He also included my bill for the next 3 months, so I've written that check and put it in the mailbox.  The newspaper includes a space for "newspapers in Education", tip for the deliverer, etc.  The check goes to the corporation which is in Virginia. 

It looks like rain here most of the day.  I would like to get outside for my usual walk, but will keep my eye on the sky. 

Jane, I'm glad you had a good time with your relatives in Minnesota.  It sounds like a fun time for you and interesting to be in Minnesota!  I hope the trip home was a good one.

Sharon, it sounds as if you're feeling better.  I hope you can get some time to stay home and rebuild your strength.  Take it easy and rest when you are able.

Bubble, thanks for the pink boxing gloves!  I'm still fighting BC--had it long ago, but still have annual check-ups.  So far, so good!

Not much else to report this morning.  I've been writing checks and have put them into the mailbox, but will probably stay inside unless the rain stops.

Sue

P.S.  I'm curious about dry needling, too.  What is that?