Random Image

Parade-7.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 02:49:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-05-02, 00:44:41
Oldiesmann: Relevant links can be found in topics in the Homemaking, Food & Garden board. I'll see about moving them over to articles here when I get a chance.

2024-05-02, 00:07:54
Oldiesmann: Found them. They're on the CP site: https://www.christianphotographers.com/recipes/recipeindex.html

2024-05-01, 23:57:58
Oldiesmann: I'm not finding anything related to recipes on the site. I'll do some digging through the Internet Archive and see if I can dig them up. It's possible that got lost in the big server crash back in 2016

2024-05-01, 17:21:56
JeanneP: I am trying to get into the Archives of the Recipes that where moved over from Senior net few years ago, Can't find them

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryz

Jeanne, the apartment is being redone (painted, etc.), so it'll probably be after the first of the year before I can move in.  Where I'll be is in town, albeit a small community.  A lot of the people in the area (my daughter and son-in-law included) are professionals and work at the Air Force test facility nearby (Arnold Engineering Development Center is the name, I think).
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Cold still here and I didn't venture out...no need.  The "boys" all got home safely and I'm always relieved when they let me know. 

Darlene...thanks for letting us know you're ok and just busy. 

jane

jane

Cold but clear here and sun trying to come out.  I've looked ahead at weather and "they" say in 40s by weekend, so I made a hotel reservation 1/2 way to my sister's for Sat. night.  I was afraid motels would be filling up with weekend travelers heading out for Christmas, so I'm set. 

I do need to make a bank and WalMart run sometime today, but I'm feeling cozy and comfy and not anxious to get out in 15 degree temps.  So...it may be afternoon...or tomorrow... :coolsmiley: ...when I get out.

Have a safe and happy Monday!

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I'm still in P.J's, but have had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen.  I turned on the burner under the Christmas smells given to me by a neighbor.  I turn it off at night--has really yummy smells and is just to add Christmas cheer to my kitchen. 

Kris and her mom, Arden, are going to Ohio for Christmas with her brothers and their wives.  Tim and I are having Christmas here at my house--we might go out for Christmas dinner or Tim may pick me up and take me back to his home where he'll cook.  So far I don't know which it will be. 

When Eddie brought me home from Kroger last Friday, I had a delivery of a lovely wreath from Bill's family and Eddie put it on the front door for me.  He also put a thingie to hang up a Christmas wreath which was made by a former student many years ago.  The young boy who made it was in a typing class I taught while I was waiting to get an assignment at a public school in Union Springs.  Most of the people I taught with at Bullock Memorial couldn't believe that I would want to go to the public school which was primarily Black students. 

However, I'm not responsible for the outdated and disgusting prejudices that were prominent in that community.  Bob and I had bought a farm in that county and enjoyed living there but disliked the prejudice against blacks.  I was very happy to get a job at the almost all black public school--the pay was far beyond what the private school paid and I enjoyed my students once I learned their names.

I hope Every Buddy is well and ready for the holiday festivities.  I have my Christmas tree decorated (but not as heavily as I used to!) and am turning the lights on when dusk arrives.  I need to find the screw thingies so that I can hang up stockings for Tim and me.  I have only one layer of ornaments on the tree, but that is enough for the two of us.  Today I hope to wrap a few gifts and place under the tree. 

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.  Stay warm if you're having lots of cold weather outside. 

P.S.  Jane, I just saw your post reserving a place halfway to your sister's home.  I hope you have good weather for traveling!

Sue

JeanneP

Jane. Now we got 5 inch. snow . Did it miss you? I guess it came up from the south. More coming today. Hope you don't get any on the way to Sisters. I think I am in for the day. Still need air in tires. It is times like this when I am glad that I don't do the Christmas season. People seem to have gone crazy this year. they say people have spent Billions on line and still buying.
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Hi everybuddy...I posted a long post yesterday..never showed up on forum...Jane have fun on your trip and safe travels...Mary excited for you on your new apartment...Sharon I read you are doing much better..Jeanne...I'm trying to avoid stress due to BP...so haven't done much shopping .to me just being together with family and share a meal is gift enough for me...people spend so much it seems...Marlyin enjoy your trip..Sue I walked early this morning...no snow here it's windy and 70 degrees...Hi to all looking in...Darlene

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  It's raining here this morning.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but that's as far as I've gotten.  I need to get ready for my cleaning lady who comes every 2 weeks.  I have a Gift for her ready and hope she'll enjoy it.  I did have a phone call yesterday afternoon from her office (I don't know the woman's name who called me) but was glad to hear that she is coming.  I don't think she will be here again in December, but I'll ask her about it.

Jane, I'll join Darlene in wishing you safe travels to be with your family for Christmas.  Tim and I will be celebrating here without Kris or Arden as they are going to Ohio to visit with their relatives there.  I don't know if Tim and I will go out for Christmas dinner or eat at his home or mine.  Either way I think Tim will be doing the cooking!

Darlene, I haven't done much shopping either.  I'm still not driving and unless Eddie is available to take me somewhere, I just don't go.  He takes me to the library and to Kroger on Fridays and that's a big help to me and to Tim. 

I received a lovely wreath from Bill's family and a box of See's Fudge.  Eddie put the wreath on my living room door (on the front porch) for me and also put up a homemade wreath a student years ago made for me.  His wreath is handmade from wood and has a bow on top.  I always place that on my door on the driveway (which is where everyone who knows me comes when they want to see me!).

I need to get dressed before the cleaning crew gets here.  I think they will be later today than usual as they are probably getting extra clients so that they won't have to work closer to Christmas Day.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy--and safe travels if you are traveling!

Sue 

jane

Jeanne...forgot to mention, but you probably know...maybe the low tire pressure is because of the cold weather. I know that happened to me and when I asked the garage, they said it always happens in winter. 

It's a gloomy day here...and cold with a brisk wind.  I did get out to the Dollar store for a couple Xmas bags and then back home to wash off the mat in my car.  It was really a dried mud mess.  It looks much nicer now.   :2funny:   I was going to get the car washed before I leave Saturday, but the auto car wash I like is being remodeled and so not open, so the car may go kind of dirty.  Oh well! I did get my money envelopes put together and ready for the trip.  Easy shopping...and nobody seems to object to the "green stuff."!! :2funny:

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Jane and Every Buddy looking in this morning.  I'm still sitting here in my P.J's but will shower and dress for lunch out with my Garden Club.  This will be our last EVER! meeting.  Those who have been responsible for keeping the group together have grown weary of the work, so we are going to disband.  I'm sorry about it as I enjoyed most of the discussions/presentations by members and guest speakers.  I may look around for another local Garden Club.

It's chilly again this morning.  I think the high right now is in the 40's.  I won't be walking this morning as Carolyn is going to pick me up about 10:45 to go to Moore's Mill Club for lunch.  I am sorry the garden club has decided to give up the ghost, but I may be able to find another Garden Club to attend on occasion.

I hope Every Buddy who is traveling will have good weather.  Take care and come back home safely!

Sue

SharonE

Hi Gals, it seems like all of you are in full Christmas mode. I haven't shopped at all. It's just too difficult with a walker. So checks in the mail will have to do.  Lori arrives Sat. and leaves the following Th. I'm so looking forward to her coming.

John's eye appt wasn't as bad as he had made it out to be. Looks like it will be stable as long as he puts the drops in. Thank you, God!

I spent the rest of the day going through boxes of cards and notes from the kids and grands.  So hard to throw that stuff out.

I still haven't found a repairman for my dryer! I've called him twice.

Jane, have a safe and nice trip to Ohio.

No snow here, but a cold front coming in.  St. Louis had 9" of snow yesterday, so they have a snow day the last day before Christmas vacation.

Sue, too bad about the garden club. I learned so much about southern plants in mine in HH.  Enjoy your dinner with Tim wherever it is.  At least you don't have to cook.

Darlene, your weather sounds great. I agree that family is gift enough.

Jeanne, stay home and safe and warm!  My tire light is on too.

Marilyn, when do you leave for CA? I hope you have a wonderful time and that Keith enjoys it too.

Have a good day, everyone. Sharon

JeanneP

The snow has gone. Still only 19 deg.but sun out. .l do nee to go out though .
Glad I got my car over to dealers yesterday and not just putting air in tyres.
All were down but one had a nail in. Also the window wash was almost empty.i had noticed that light on also.
Jane, you should have nice weather heading over to Ohio . Do you use int. 74.

Enjoy the trip. Flying places still going to be messy in some states.
So glad I stay home.
Still no decorations put up around my town. Would not think it was Christmas. Lots of crime still going on. Had 2 more babies die this week caused  by mothers boyfriends.  6 murders altogether. Place is getting bad as Chicago.  Shootings from cars daily and 2 bank robberies
I think they should keep all this impeachment stuff off the tv. One for the holidays. It has taken over today.

sue . Most clubs  such as your garden club. Book clubs etc. Seem to have lost people's interest now. Lots folded up. Hard to know what people in middle ages finding to do. We were in bowling.  Clubs. Cards. Books. Knitting clubs. And others. Just to take time away from the house for awhile.
Now it seems like my GD just runs crazy with her 3 kids in all sports. Nothin for herself.

JeanneP

SharonE

My dryer is fixed and the first load of laundry is in!  Yea!

I have just finished the fifth box of photos and notes. Some I separated for the kids and I only kept a plastic shoebox full of the most meaningful.  The only thing I have left is 2 scrapbooks and inserts and don't know what to do with them. There must be someone who isn't digital and would appreciate them, but I don't know who. I hate to throw out such good items. I guess I am just too tight.

No activity in here yet, but I'm sure everyone is busy with Christmas activities.  The cold front moved in here and is in the low 30's now. Brrr!  Otherwise sunny.  Hope your weather is cooperating with your plans, especially Jane's driving.  Have a good day and relax a little.  Sharon

alpiner1

I had an appt. this afternoon with the oncologist for  lab results . It seems one of the tests was not done , so I had blood drawn at the dr.'s  office .  I was told they would call me about the results .

maryz

Good morning, Buddies - at least it's morning here.  I discovered yesterday that sometimes my phone will automatically change an appointment time to Eastern Time (Chattanooga) from Central Time (where I live now) - not particularly helpful.  We had a full day of appointments in Chattanooga yesterday, but (with one exception) managed to get everything done - plus a little bit more.  And got back home before dark - after having left at 6 a.m.

The time zone thing is tough here.  Chattanooga's county is on the western edge of the Eastern Zone, and we're near the eastern edge of the Central Zone - So it does get confusing sometimes.

It sounds like everybody is getting ready for the holidays.  I'm like Sharon - all my gifts are in envelopes.  I've done that for years - only the amounts have changed (plus adding the spouses to the grandkids).  Margaret has nice decorations up - a table-top-to-ceiling artificial tree with white lights, lots of bubble-lights on her windowsills, and knitted (first by me, then by her) on the mantle and down the banister.

alpiner, hope your labs are all okay.

Sharon, it sounds like you're feeling better - and so glad for that.

Happy weekend to all the Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

Good morning, Mary and Every Buddy looking in.  Eddie came by about 10:00 to take me to the library and then to Kroger.  I was able to find a few books to read this next week and should be able to last all week.  I bought goodies to put into Tim's stocking and mine.  Also some chocolates for Kris, but she will get hers after Christmas unless Tim decides to give them to her before she and her Mom go to Ohio to have Christmas with her family up there.  He went with them over Thanksgiving, but that was enough for him.

I hope Every Buddy is prepared for company or for traveling to family else where.  I'll be back here tomorrow for a quick Hello!

Sue

SharonE

Mary, that must be really confusing with the adjacent time zones. I have trouble keeping track of my kids' times.  Your day yesterday sounded exhausting. Hope you can relax today.

I am a little better but still sleeping too much. The staple places are all okay now.  Just my chronic back and knee problems.

My cleaning girl came Monday and I have had several appts, so the house isn't as ready as I would like. Still doing things a little at a time. I need John's help to do much more. I did finish my 5 boxes of photos and sorted out some for each of the kids that they might not have. Trying to straighten things up as I weed things out. The idea of getting rid of everything I can't put there is upsetting for me.  John just pitches and throws away without a thought. I can't do that.

Sue, hope you have enough books for over Christmas. Sounds like you are ready.

Alpiner, that is so aggravating when they don't do a test that was ordered.

Hope Jane is almost to her sister's by now.

I pick Lori up at the airport at 1:15 tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to the traffic.

Have a good day and get ready to enjoy the holiday.  Sharon

alpiner1

The oncologist just called , the number is back down where it is suppose to be !!  Yeah !!   :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

maryz

SharonE

Allpiner, that's good news to start my morning with!  YEA!

Lori arrives today too, so all good.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  It's another chilly day here in Auburn.  I'm still not dressed for the day, but have had my breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen.  I have a few gifts I need to wrap and will get that done shortly.  I've had several phone calls from long time Navy friends and am expecting one couple to visit me in March. 

Yesterday Eddie took me to the library and to Kroger.  When we were going into Kroger our female pastor and her 6 year old son were ringing the Salvation Army bell, so we stopped to talk to her a bit.  The daughters were at home with their Dad, the co-pastor.

It's hard to believe that Christmas Day is almost here.  Tim and I will be celebrating together as Kris and Arden have gone to Ohio to celebrate with her brothers and their families.  I need to wrap a few more gifts and get them under my Christmas tree today.

I hope Every Buddy is well and ready for Christmas!
Sue

maryz

Happy Sunday Morning, Buddies.

We went to Jesse and Darby's "gender reveal" party yesterday, and we're having another boy next May.  Two great-grandsons in two months - an exciting time.

SharonE

wOW, mARY, whatever happened to girls?  As you know I only have 1 granddaughter, 5 grandsons, & 3 great grandsons.  I wish them the best. Is this their first? Boys are great, but I'd like to have some little girls in the family again.

Lori arrived yesterday and fixed dinner for us last night. Melanie sent a decadent cake which we sampled too.  Afterwards, we watched the "First Wives Club".  I thought it would be hilarious and had saved it on the DVR, but I really didn't care much for it. We may watch some Xmas movies tonight.

I hope everyone is having a lovely pre-Christmas Sunday.  Sharon

maryz

Sharon, with my four daughters, I had hoped for at least one great-granddaughter.  But I'm thrilled with either one, and I know there will be more to come.  I know you're enjoying having your daughter with you.

Marilyn

Congratulations Mary.

Sorry Sharon, Sue and Jeannie. I can't read what you had to say, the  font is just too small and gives me a headache trying to read the small font. I have no idea what you said.

Like Bubble said, click on the A with the red up and down arrows, chose the size you like, click on that size your cursor will be right where you start to type. I like 4

maryz

#4 is the one I use, Marilyn - plus the "B" for the bold print for good measure.  I can read the default print, but the bigger is ever so much easier.

so_P_bubble

Marilyn - I modified these three last posts to #4font size  so that you could read them.

maryz

Thanks for taking such good care of us, Bubble!  And Happy Holidays to you!

SCFSue

Help!  I haven't been able to figure out how to enlarge print size.  Any advice would be welcome!  My brain is not functioning as well as it used to.

It's a cold dreary morning here in Auburn.  I've put my trash cans down on the curb and can hear the city trucks picking some of the trash up.  I have gone down to check on the cans but so far they haven't made it to my driveway.

I have my Christmas tree up and some other decorations out so it's beginning to look a bit like Christmas.  Kris and Arden are going to Ohio for Christmas with their family up there and Tim and I will have our Christmas here.

I hope Every Buddy who is traveling will have good weather.  Stay safe, Every Buddy!

Sue

jane

Alpiner...hurrah on good lab numbers!

Sue...look at the top line in the reply box.  The third box from left has 2 As. Click the second one with the red arrow and select 4.  Then, Write your message BETWEEN the size tags.

OR...write your message and then highlight it all and click the A with the red arrow and select 4.

Mary...glad you got all the appts in.

Jeanne...yes, on 74.  I waved as I went by C-U!   ;D

Sharon...enjoy Lori's visit and hurrah on John's eyes.

Darlene...enjoy your family.

Marilyn....you may be on road to CA now.  Be safe.

My road trip went well.  Roads clear and temps in high 30s and low 40s. 

Jane

Cottoncandy

would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and may 2020 be good to all of us....and Hapy new year