Random Image

adirondacks 2.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:29:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

Cold Wednesday afternoon greetings.  No bridge for me today...one of the gals has to go to CR for a heart test.

Alpiner...good to get the Star ID.  I got mine last year when I renewed so glad that's out of the way.

Sue and Sharon...also still waiting on a number of 1099s...guess they'll slowly trickle in.

Marilyn...and Mr. Alpiner...Happy Birthday tomorrow.

I think I'll change clothes and go up to the Fitness Center in a bit. It should be quiet and I'll try the recumbent bike and maybe walk a bit. 

Nothing else new here.

jane

maryz

jane, let us know how the recumbent bike goes.  I found I could even read while I was using it.  ::)

alpiner, happy birthday to your hubby.  Glad you got the REAL ID on your driver's license.  Margaret and I are going to get ours when she takes me to get my address changed.  I had not planned to get one, since I always use my passport when I fly, anyway, but since I have to do the address change, I might as well.

It is pouring down rain here, and we're under a "lightning watch" and a "flash flood watch", so it's a fun afternoon.  Poor Margaret is driving home from South Carolina today.  She should be almost home by now, but it's got to have been a pain for her - driving in the rain.

I've had my PT and gotten my hair cut this morning, so it's a good day for that.

Happy Wednesday, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

JeanneP

Gettiing just to close for me. That illness in China now hit my town they did find a couple with it in Chicago and now local news just on saying that they got the test back on a little girl who family here at the univ of illinois just came back from China and she now has it. Her parents seem to be clear. They had taken her to the clinic at the university 8 days ago. They have another daughter and so have the family in isolation.
Sad to read that Paul Douglas past today age 103. I enjoyed his movies. Sure was a good looker.

Nota things to watch on tv tonight so think will read. Still snowing a little. Really windy so hope it blows off car and driveway.
JeanneP

maryz

Jeanne, it was Kirk Douglas who died.  He was a handsome guy, too.

We've just spent about 30 minutes sitting on our walkers in the hall, because of a tornado warning.  And just as we got back to our apartments, the cable went out.  Oh, well!  At least we're still safe and dry.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy. It's rainy and chilly here in Auburn this morning. I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but haven't showered or dressed yet.  I am not sure what I'll do the rest of the day.  If it doesn't rain soon, I'll try to get outside for my daily walk.  It's not my turn for bridge, but I might be able to get up a table for after lunch.

I was surprised to learn that Kirk Douglas was over 100 years!  He was handsome and a good actor.  His family will miss him.

Mary, I'm glad the tornado warning didn't turn into a tornado.  So I'm glad you're still safe and dry. 

I may call Olyne and several other gals for a one table bridge game after lunch.  I'll see how much I get done (laundry and other chores).  I hope Every Buddy is feeling well this morning.  Have a nice day!

Sue

JeanneP

MaryZ. You are right. Now who the heck is Paul Douglas? Must have known someone by that name.
Glad the tornado passed you bye. Now you got to meet everyone living there. Bet a few had walkers.
That must be a great place where Maryann is staying. The seem to take good care of Patients. Bet she is a favourite.
I need to get out to library and store but snow still coming down. Did go out to my paper box. Saw where someone had done a quick clean up of the driveway. No idea who is was. The did it last week also. enough for me to get to my car. Have to find out who. Not next door because theirs still deep.
JeanneP

maryz

Jeanne, there was another actor about the same time named Paul Douglas (as I remember).  You'd have to look him up on Google or IMDb, though to see a photo and the movies he was in.

It's still rainy today, and most areas of middle and eastern Tennessee are under a flash flood watch.  Margaret has had about 6" of rain at her house in the last couple of days.  And it's getting much cooler - the temp has dropped nearly 20 degrees since I got up this morning.

I finally got to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned - only about 5-6 months late.  It's not my favorite thing, but I do love the feeling of my mouth afterwards.  Nothing else exciting going around here.

jane

Afternoon greetings, Babes.  It was a sunny but chilly day here, and I was slow moving this morning.

I did get out to the store for a couple things and then to the hospital's Fitness Center to ride the recumbent bike.  I do like it and can read while I push the pedals.  It's much less painful than walking, for me.

jane

Cottoncandy

Hi buddies...it has been very cold last couple days..no snow but did get sleet last night...Jane..I sure wish we had a gym or fitness center here..I would love it...Jeanne...I was wondering about merchandise from China...almost everything in stores says made in China...mabey germs don't live on that...scary...Sharon glad you are doing well..Hi to Sue..Mary Marlyin..and all others..

JeanneP

Candy.
I was thinking that also. Yesterday I received a item that was shipped from China 10 days ago. I doubt germs live. Every ing we get now comes from out country. Even food now. It's our drugs . All the BP pills made China. Lots of other meds.
JeanneP

jane

Good cold Friday morning, Babes!

Jeanne and Darlene...I, too, hate that our drugs are made in China and other countries in that part of the world and I wonder how much control the big Pharma companies have over quality control, etc. 

Darlene...great job on the larger font! Hurrah for you!  I do like the Fitness center at the hospital.  THere's another one here that a local doc pushed through...and on county ground, but it's a card entry, so there are times you could be there alone.  Uh...NO, not for me. There are also some "private" ones, I guess, but  I want a setting where there are medical professionals on site at my age.

I need to pick up my friend Kay at 10:15 to take her to a beauty shop in town.  She can't drive yet because of a TIA so I said I'd take her and pick her up. She wants to get her hair done because of a family funeral tomorrow.  After that I'm going to stop at a little shop and see if they have some brownies.  I tried to bake some yesterday and they're a mess.  Kathy and I are going out for supper tonight since Gary has Jesters out of town, and I wanted something sweet to serve after with her wine.

I am going to go back to the Fitness Center and do the recumbent bike.  It seems easy on my joints.

We're to get a "wintry mix"...which means they don't have a clue what's going to fall.   :2funny:   The map looks like snow, but nothing yet. 

jane

maryz

We got about 1-2" of snow overnight and this morning.  From what I can tell, it seems to be mostly on the grass and rooftops, not on the roads.  It was warm yesterday, and the pavement held the heat.  But it's been hovering at or below freezing all morning, so that may change by nighttime.  Definitely not the norm around here.

jane, glad the recumbent bike is working for you. I agree on having other folks around when you're exercising.

Darlene, congrats on getting the larger font to work.

Hope all the Buddies are going to have a good weekend!

alpiner1

We got the paper work online to apply for the certified marriage license copy & took it to a notary this morning .  Its in the mail , should be getting the certified copy in about 20 days .

alpiner1

Our daughter & husband are under a flood watch in Olympia , Washington . The area they live in is higher ground but there is only one road in & out .  They live in a travel trailer & she said her husband came home from work early & filled the fresh water tank in case they have to evacuate quickly .

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've been up for a while, had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but am still sitting here in my P.J's!  It's looking like rain here this morning, so unless I get outside soon, I'll probably miss today's walk.

I don't have much planned for today, except washing my hair and planning for tomorrow's SS and church.  Eddie took me to the library and to Kroger yesterday so I have enough books to last until next Friday.  https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/Smileys/alive/smitten.gif

JeanneP

We got a good snow last night and I am not about to shovel it or clean off my car. Think will stay in PJ all day
I didn't get to library yesterday and only got  a few chapters of the book I am reading. I have lots of my Ipad but prefer hard back. Will go tomorrow if clears up. Good thing went to store yesterday.
Jane. Now here we can buy the Brownies in 2 bakeries here, cookies also that have the Drug you can not buy in. Also candy. You try it and let me know. The big place where you can buy  the weed is down the street from me. and from 9 to 7 the lines outside go all around the building. Even in the freezing cold. Hard for me to understand and all the people look so young standing there and mostly people of colour. Don't know where they get the money. Stuff not cheap.
Friend says she wants to try the Gummies. Have to stand in line for them.
Someone give me daughter who just had the back operation and still in pain some of the cookies. she say she ate a couple and could tell the difference in the pain in feet and slept so good but not about to buy any. Now if she could only get off the habit of drinking so much Coke a day. She as always been addicted to that. I have never drunk Soda.

JeanneP

JeanneP

Jane  Forget to ask. Where is this Chat room that someone is talking about here in S and f? I still think some things have changed here but they tell me not in years.I never had all the stuff above for Shoutbox showing.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

The link for Chat is the last on the top line of the home page, just before log out.

jane

Bubble...thanks for helping with the Chat link. 

Alpiner...hope your family in Olympia is safe from the flooding and are prepared to move out if need be.

Sue...hope the bad weather didn't get to you.

Jeanne...we're having snow now. It's supposed to be a 'messy Sunday' here.

Mary and Sharon and Darlene and Marilyn...hope all is well with you.

Inside day for me...probably watch several shows on Netflix, now that I've gotten the hang of that. :2funny:

jane

jane

Jeanne...did you find the chat "button"...in the horizontal line where it says Forum...etc. above the Shoutbox ?

Home   Forum    Search     Calendar     Gallery    Chat  Logout

I made chat bolder and larger so you know where to look.

JeanneP

Thanks will see if I find .chat.
What a storm here. Worst one this year.i can foyget about going library .
First icy rain and than heavy snow still going on.
Got lots of food in.some already cooked in. Freezer. I do have to get my garbage wheeled out to curb. Doubt they ake the 6 AM pick up Monday now is it some holiday
I can't keep up with them and still no 2020 calendar.
JeanneP

Marilyn

Hello Buddies.  I am doing OK. I still have pain that resembles Sciatica but I don't think taht is what it is. I was standing in the kitchen and turned to put the cats food down and  got a sharp pain in my  lowerright  buttock and leg about 3 weeks ago and it feels like I am sitting directly on the bone. I can only sit for a short time until it begins to hurt. My fee are still in a lot of pain most of the time even the one I had the surgery one. That arch hurts terribly.

On Thursday Freckles is going to be tested in a public place, Walmart and a restaurant, (Public Access Test) by a Service Dog trainer so she can graduate into being a Service dog. She will still be a therapy dog when we go on our visits.

SharonE

Marilyn, I'm sure Freckles will pass her test. I wish Bunny could take it, but she doesn't obey anyone but me or maybe John.

My cherry trees are in bloom and Thurs (I think), it started to snow great big flakes.  No accumulation though. The day before, we had a mega rain storm and tornado warnings, but none here.The rain came in our hall coat closet. Same place as a year ago. Guy coming to put a tarp on it tomorrow since we're to have 2 more days of rain after tomorrow. Adjustor to come Wed.  I think Mother Nature is bi polar!!

I haven't been back to church since my surgery and am sleeping on my couch.  Our SS teacher came by today to visit and cheer me up. He's about 88 and his wife is in hospice.

Jane, I always liked to ride a recumbent bike too because I could read. I even bought one, but it doesn't fit my back well, so am going to try to sell it before we move.

We had our last meat loaf that I had in the freezer last night. Probably won't make another one if we move.

My knee still hurts like hades, but I've been sleeping better.

Hi to everyone.  Be careful in the bad weather.  Sharon

JeanneP

Jane
I have really messed up the whole site  now. I tried to find some postings to a Chat room Clicked the Home then Chat over on right side. Now I cant get back into forums at all Keeps going back to Home and all can get is the mess that comes up above which is Shout Box. Introductions. I hate that coming up now. Never use to.
I have tried to close out of my Sand F and start fresh but just put me back in coming up same way. Crazy.I just want to read the forums. Write in them and then go to me next forum and Chat from those. I don't think enough of us now to need a separate chat room. Some maybe reading but not enough peope writing.

I found a place to write to Moderator who ever that is. He once said he had not changed the ways S and F was working now but I think something happened as its not the same. Me changing to W10 should not do any changing.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy!  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but still need to unload the dish washer and put the clean dishes and utensils away.  I will spend most of the rest of the morning reading after I get outside for my morning walk.  I hope to beat the rain which I think will get here after lunch.

No snow here, Jane.  We are probably going to have some rain, though.  I need to get outside for my walk before it starts!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

jane

Jeanne....on the far right of the ShoutBox is a square with a minus sign in it. Click on that, it'll become a +  and the shoutBox will close.  Then click on Forum....or on Updated topics on the far right and it'll show you your discussions that have new posts since you were there last:

* *Unread Posts Updated Topics    it's not in bold above . It's right above the blue line for the Shout BOX...on extreme right.
I saw that you posted in the Chat Room, so you did find it.  Hurrah for you.  I don't know if many go there, but you can try at different times to see.

Marilyn...sorry for all your pain.

Sharon...I hope your pain is getting better, too.

Sue...walk carefully if there's been a lot of rain.

Mary, Alpiner, Darlene...hope all is well with you.

A cool morning here, but sunny.  I need to go to the Fitness Center in a bit and hope for the recumbent bike.

Tomorrow I go to Iowa City to the Univ. Hospitals and CLinics for an eye appt. 

jane

SharonE

Jane, hope you get a good eye report.  The last glasses I had made are great. I can read like I used to.  Be careful on the snow.

Jeanne, stay home and off the snow.

Sue were any of the tornados near you?  There were about 5 around this area, but didn't affect us, altho did a lot of damage to a farm belonging to the daughter of one of our church friends.

I got the month's church events typed up and sent in this
morning. John forgot the news letter last week.

I'm sleeping better and can walk a little without support, but my knee still hurts.

Hope everyone stays healthy and without falls.  Sharon

jane

Sharon...great you can get around a little bit on that hurting knee. 

jane

JeanneP

Snow gone and so able to go out today. Got to library and to Aldi's. That all I need. I did take my laundry but will pick it up tomorrow. Now saying that this week we we have the coldest day of the winter and so after I pick that up that will be it for me. Got the wrong books though and so need to go back to laundry.]
Jane. O.K I went in and put the + in there and is seems like it did get rid of the Shoutbox but my S and F on the Desktop still all messed up. I still cannot get the list of Forums up after I post this I could just go the the line that was below showing a box where I clicked on and a drop down of all the forums came up. It says JUMP To. It was the easiest way of getting around. Now its gone.
When it comes to having a Chat Room I don't see it. To me going in the forum takes care of the Chatting. At least for me. So I don't think it will get much use. S and F needs to keep things easy for people as we get older and not into changing to some of the Tech things that keep coming out everywhere. Got a print out the other day from my Dr. Appt. Thing was 5 pages. Looks good tells what you had done that day. Then dates of all Appt.you have in future with other Dr. Shows you BP for the day and for the past. They just came out with a new system. 4th.one in 6 months. Then we have to still go onto the Computer for anything that tests show.
Just showing all those ships with tourist on that are stopped on coast of China. One has 14 Americans on it. They can only leave the cabin for 1 hour a day and will have to stay for 14 days. There are finding now 41 patients on the boat with the sickness. I would go nuts. Claustrophobic. There are some dead patients on the boat.
JeanneP

JeanneP

Oh! My goodness there are 35 thousand people on that on ship. Just found 45 more of them with the sickness.
House smells so good. Just made a rich beef stew and its ready. Been cooking so much past 4 days. Got about 12 full meals in the Freezer. Better watch. I will be putting the 8lb I had lost back on.
JeanneP