Random Image

IMG_20190519_111848crop1.jpg

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:44:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanneP

It rained all day today but I did get my laundry taken and will pick it up tomorrow.

Got with my bank and took care of a big transfer that had been floating around for 4 days. Was IRA so got a little worried.I think that most banks will be closed soon  . We have 3 already. Maybe our will keep the drive up open but the way she said today it will be just the machine in the outer building that will be working where you can get funds. Be no one inside. And they are the biggest bank in Urbana. So I got some cash to work with just in case. I remember the time when could not use the Debit Cards for a few day. Also in 2008 or 9 Ithink it was that could not use credit cards. That was when the stock market was in a mess. Been awhile since i use paper money. Forgot how. Most the people in the stores like Walmart's etc don't know how to make change if you give it  to them..

Both big hospitals and Clinic has now put tents outside their building and that is the only way one can enter. You even just go in and you have to get a Temp taken. They a re asking people not to go if it is not something bad that they have. These tents are in place of the Emergency rooms.  Every one is doing their best in this area.

Will be no big Commencement done for Graduation for Both the Univ. of Ill. Parkland or the high schools. That is making the young people sad. Univ talking about not having the next semester now.This would be from Apr. to June. Maybe the younger schools will be able to go back. Make up some time lost in the Summer. We all will have to wait and see.
So quiet. I noticed it to day with all the restaurant parking lots empty. The McDonald type place open at the windows. Buses are going around and free riding.They are keeping them sprayed good each night. I think the number now found in C/u is 7 with the one 50 year old lady last week died over the weekend. Kinda wish they would stop with the local news on TV. But they think people all need to know...
JeanneP

jane

Jeanne...I can't think of any reason for credit cards and debit cards not to work.  Our bank lobby and police lobby are closed, too, but the drive up is open and, of course, the ATMs. 

Our clinic also asks people to call ahead before coming, so they can tell you where to come, etc.  They're also postponing any non-emergency appts and non-emergency surgeries and dental appts. 

Restaurants and bars are closed...except for carryout.  No dining in, of course.  Several stores in the mall in CR have closed for the duration.  Obviously, not a lot of people are going out to shop for spring styles.  Here, basically, drive throughs and grocery stores are open.

It's sure a weird world, isn't it.  Thank heavens I have a lot of books on my IPAD as library is closed, and I'm watching the news and Netflix and Prime Video. I'm so glad the "kids" insisted on putting those on for us when Ray got sick...and I can now enjoy it since I finally figured it out. :2funny:

We're under severe t'storm warnings for today, so if I don't get back, you'll know we lost power.  I have my new flashlights and some candles ready.

Take care, Buddies, and stay safe and HEALTHY!

jane

JeanneP

I just need a couple of runs this morning but it is pouring down. One to pick up laundry and one to drug store for my BP pills. They had 4 people holding on phone as only one pharm. is working along with one lady . They are feeling the affect right now. Lot o places asking for people to apply for work. Need for cleanly shelves. Floors etc.
2 things do bother me. One being that we have many gun shops in this town and paper this morning paper saying the have had just as bad a run on their stock as food. Stores .Selling out of ammo also. This's area enough of that problem over  last 5 years. The others is that now o.k for bars and liquare stores to make home delivers on their goods. Who wants drunks with guns on the streets. Once home today that will be me staying home for awhile.
Have lots of reading . I love writing letters still even though not many write back
 in return. Rather text. So I am going to write some . Just hope the post office keeps working. I have lots of intl.stamps on hand.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  Tim called me bright and early and told me to stay home and if I must walk not to stop and talk to anyone else who might be walking.  We've had several cases of the Corona Virus here in Auburn.  As it turned out I was the only person out walking! Of course I don't want to get the virus, but I want to be able to walk for my daily exercise.

Not much else going on here today.  I still have books to read from my trip to the library with Eddie last Friday.  I need to call the library and see if they will be open.  Lots of businesses here in Auburn are closing doors for a while.

I hope Every Buddy is well and not exposed to the virus.  Have a nice day, Every Buddy, and stay safe!
Sue

SharonE

We're fine here. But same situation with stores, schools, libraries. I didn't do much yesterday. Just rested up from the weekend.  John did the grocery shopping and I did the laundry.

Jane, we don't plan to have any open houses at least for now. We have picked a realtor and are about ready for the photos in a week or so. They tell us that most house hunting is done on line now from the videos or slides taken of the houses interior. I really doubt that there will be many lookers for the next month. I only have 2 or 3 books on hand, but maybe some of my friends will loan me some if I run out.

Jeanne, you do a lot of running around. Do be careful.

Drs here don't want you to come in unless you're really sick. Tents for triage at the hospitals too.  Even radiology centers are putting off all non-urgent scans.

Take care, everyone. Sue, I wish our church would close till this is all over. I don't want to take the risk of getting something there, but if it's open I feel I should go. We did go to SS last week, but not church. Now, our SS teacher's wife just died, so he won't be there for a while, so I don't think we should have our class. There were only 5 people there  last week.

Stay well everyone.  Sharon

JeanneP

Sharon
I have now done all the running around now. Picked up laundry. Got the BP pills. Got out of the rain? I drove by the two big convenient care places and not a car on the lots. Must be closed down. Needed the doc. And nurses att the main places.
I got money out of bank yesterday as I don't want to be using the dB and Cr.card Machines, Thousands of hands and cards use them everyday. My pharmacist said never thought about that and good idea? Feels funny taken paper money out of a bill fold. Life has sure changed without our noticing it.

Was going to take the road test today. Could not have done it as still storming. Can forget that now has the have extended it to months after due date.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Good morning, Jeanne and Every Buddy looking in this morning.  I've had breakfast, put the clean dishes in the dishwasher away and am now ready to talk.  Tim called and told me he will take care of my grocery shopping as long as the virus is still hanging around.  I am going to be walking by myself every day, but that is a precaution I can deal with.  I'm really the only walker most days.

I hope Every Buddy is healthy and able to avoid crowds. I hate being confined to home, but it is probably for the best.  Take care, Every Buddy.

Sue

SharonE

Jeanne, I'm glad you have all your errands run and can stay home & safe now.  John went to the grocery yesterday, but I think I will order my groceries on line for pickup in the parking lot.

Sue, I'm glad Tim is watching out for you. Be careful on your walks alone. Don't fall.  Lots of walkers around here, but it seems mostly couples.

Our house is listed, but not up for viewing yet.

Our church has closed all activities indefinitely. Working on putting the services online. So glad, as I felt bad if I didn't go if it was open.

My confederate jasmine is gorgeous now. The saucer magnolia is losing a lot of its blossoms due to wind and rain, but some still hanging on. My new azaleas in back have a couple blooms, so maybe spring is coming and will clear out the coronavirus, though I haven't heard that.

Jane, Darlene, and Marilyn, hope you are all okay.  Sharon

jane

I went out this morning for some items at small store/bakery and downtown is a ghost town, except for grocery store. 

One pharmacy called to say only doing drive thru or mail. Store not open. 

Rained all day yesterday and today back to cold weather.

Stay safe and healthy.

Jane

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone..quite in my little space..schools and churches...closed..etc...other business...some doing pick up only..have to go by the rule of the law...our governor says..hope this virus stops spreading....I did walk today..was late due to rain showers...Jeanne how you doing on your b/p Meds?..Hi Sharon...and Jane...Sue....everyone take care ...this cvirus is a ugly one...have good weekend..Darlene

jane

My neighbors and friends came up for  "afters...aka dessert" tonight, even though we didn't go out anyplace to eat, of course. 

Nothing new here, either, except 30 degrees and rain/snow to come. :coolsmiley:

I was hoping for warm temps so I could walk outside, but I'll work on an online program I bought of gentle stretching/yoga moves.  My old body is so stiff.

I'm also doing some word games online and reading, readidng, reading on my Ipad. 

Stay safe and healthy!!

jane 

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've been outside for my morning walk and am still a little out of breath.  My neighborhood is hilly and I am usually huffin' and puffin' by the time I get back home.  It's bright and sunny here today and I am happy about that.

Jane, I did my morning walk which is mostly up hill and I'm planning to spend the rest of the day either on my back porch or inside with a book.  I love the sunshine and am glad it's a bit warmer than usual.

Not much else to report this morning.  I have plenty to read, so will probably spend most of the day reading, either inside or outside on my deck.  I hope Every Buddy is feeling well today.  Take care and stay away from public gatherings if possible!

Sue

JeanneP

Still very cold here and so may not walk very far. I was thinking that I am wrong wanting to just use money instead of putting my card in the machines along with thousands of others. Did read that those machines are germ carriers but yet if one give paper money to the cashiers its not fair to them as germs easy passed that way. Maybe safe for me now to have them but it would be passing them around as cash. So will just use card and wipe it after taking it out. Just don't use the pen type thing to tap that way. Use finger. Doubt I will need to use anyway.
We had 6 more people sick in my town. medical seems to be doing O.K. Tents seem to be working. I am wondering about the people who are living on the street here and we do have a lot for such a small place.Seems that the night shelters still open. They would be carriers so easy and yet not seen any mention of them. I suppose someone is on it. Just have to depend on the people handling stuff.
Have lots I can find to do. I live on the edge of town and if I get stir crazy a little. I usually go out every day. I will just get in my car and drive out in the country or around the park a little. I am eating to much and need to make sure to get some exercise done.
JeanneP

SharonE

Hi Gals, about the same here. All amenities closed, church activities and services closed, I haven't been out of the house. I can't walk far, so that's a waste of energy. Jeanne, my daughter brought my favorite cake--burnt sugar that my mother used to make for my birthdays. Caused me to gain, but gradually losing it.

We drove around looking at houses like ours yesterday that have sold recently trying to decide on a price. Have finally settled on one. Hope it's the right one. We asked the realtor to send the stager to us sometime next week, so we can get everything ready for the photographs for on line. Probably won't show it till everything quiets down, but at least it will be ready.  I need to go to the therapist, but I'm afraid to right now.  Not much else going on here.
  Sharon

maryz

I'm still sick. It'll be a week on Sunday morning. No fever, no aches and pains, chest x-ray doesn't show pneumonia, coughing up yellowish stuff (sorry). They're pretty sure here it's bacterial. Doctor's office should have called in Friday, hopefully on Monday.  Phooey!!!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

Mary, I'm so sorry you are still sick.  Coughing up yucky stuff must be disgusting as well as making you feel worse.  I hope you'll feel better soon.  And I hope you hear from the doctor soon! Keep us posted. 

We have a case (or several) here in Auburn.  I am staying home and away from crowds.  My church has not had services for the past 2 weeks.  Every one is afraid of the virus.  I have a lot of books I need to return to the library and don't know if Tim or Eddie will be able to take me there.  I don't think the library will charge me if I don't get them back this week.

Sharon, it sounds like you're making progress for your move.  I hope you find a house you like and at a reasonable price.  Keep us posted.

Jeanne, I hope your weather clears up so that you can get your walks in.  I hate it when we have rain here as it interferes with my walking.  However, I just put on my rain coat and a hat and do it any way. 

Not much else going on here.  I hope Every Buddy looking in is feeling well and not fighting the flu.

Sleep well, Buddies.
Sue

alpiner1

I canceled  yesterday's appt. with my oncologist & they will call me in April for another appt .  The doctor's office is on the 5th floor & I didn't want to be on the crowded elevator .  We aren't going to church tomorrow morning even though m y husband teaches the adult Bible class .  Our church has communion every Sunday so I picked up some Matzo & grape juice & we will have a short service at home .  On my trip to the grocery store I was able to buy a 12 package of toilet paper . I went to the Dollar Tree Store & was able to buy 2 pkgs. of flour .  My husband has to have his cookies ! LOL !

so_P_bubble

Proposed by one of our members: a new game in PHOTO AND MORE: "GUESS WHO"

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?topic=789.msg172088#msg172088

SharonE

Mary, I'm certainly glad that the doctors think your illness is bacterial and not viral, but I'm sure it's no fun either way. Prayers for healing going your way.

Sue, our library is closed but we can drop off books in the chute but won't be penalized if they are late. I have about 4 books on hand to read, but if this goes on too long, they won't be enough.

Our church is closed also but they are trying to work out on line streaming. We went last week but weren't planning to go this week or until the virus is gone.

Alpiner, I'm glad you found your flour!  Your solution for communion sounds good.

Bubbles, I'll have to check out the new site.

Wish I could be out walking, but not up to that.  I was up and down going to the bathroom about 6 times last night. Don't know if I missed taking my Toviaz or not. Not much scheduled for today.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Sharon and Every Buddy looking in.  I am at home--no church service that I know of--most have been rescheduled or postponed due to the Carona (spelling?) virus.  we have several known cases here in Auburn.  I am staying home, only walking when the weather is not raining.  We do not have any cases here in my neighborhood, but may have soon.  I plan to walk around the neighborhood if it doesn't rain anytime soon.

Tim has been checking on me regularly and so far I've been doing OK.  I'm hoping for a walk that does not produce rain until I finish!

I have books that need to be returned to the library, but Eddie who usually helps me on Fridays has not been here--either because he has the flu or some other ailment.  I hope he is OK.  I don't think I'll be in trouble with the library as my books were only checked out last week. I'll call the library this morning and see if they are open for business. 

I hope all is well with Every Buddy and you are all safe from the Virus.  Take care!

Sue

AnnieA

Quote from: jane on March 29, 2016, 07:02:28 PMTime....go to PROFILE/ Modify Profile/Look and Layout and click on Auto-Detect.  It'll put a number in the box which should set your time for your time zone.

I still can't post anywhere on S&F

jane

jane

Annie....you're clicking on the QUOTE button and not on the REPLY button.
It has to be the REPLY button to give you a clean box for your own comments and not just reposting comments from someone else.

Alpiner...I'm amazed your church is still open. Ours are all cancelled for in person services.  I don't know what they're doing about funerals and how many can attend or if they're doing those services online, too.

My tax lady said all completed forms will be mailed for signatures and then can be mailed back to them for electronic filing and no rush since date now moved to July 15. They can also do that electronically to us with a digital signature, whatever that is.

Nothing exciting here...still cold and much too cold and windy to walk outside.  I did get my lazy bones up and out to WalMart before 8:00 this morning.  Asked about the "Pickup" on the outside of the building....not for groceries...won't have for groceries until they've added on to the bldg...so maybe August!  Now I get a text that my BP pills are to be refilled and be ready tomorrow. 

I guess I'll change the bed and get some laundry done.  Sad when that's the excitement for the day, huh!! :2funny:

jane

SharonE

Jane, we had to sign our realty agreement with Docu Sign. I think the other person has to initiate it and then you click on it. That's the closest I've come to online signing.

I have another UTI as of yesterday and wasn't going to the Hospital ER's. I called another one in Waxhaw to see if they thought it was safe and they said it was full with a nearly full waiting room. Wasn't going there. Then I suddenly thought of CVS Minute Clinic which is right around the corner from Sun City. I looked their # up and called to see if it was open and would take me. It was open and I made the appt online. They said to stay in the car outside till they called me. I did. She tested me and gave me an RX which I had filled there. Such a relief and saw hardly anyone and stayed away from them. Much better today.

I'm still taking pictures of furniture and putting them on FB or Next Door, but I think everyone is afraid to come looking at them.

We still haven't found any TP to buy. We have about 4 rolls left. Yikes!
Hope John can get some early Wed AM. after their delivery.

It's rainy and cold here today.  So I guess the walkers are reading today.  Have a good day anyway, everyone.  Hi to all.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Sharon and Every Buddy looking in now.  I've been up for a while, had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen. Tim came over to refill my meds and talked for a while.  He took all the books I'd read this past week back to the library which was closed.  He left them in a bin outside as no one was working at the library today.  Now I need to look through my books here in the den and find one or two I haven't read for a while.

It's dark and dreary here this morning, but not raining.  So I'm going to pull out one of my rain jackets and get out for my morning walk.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

Cottoncandy

Goodafternoon Buddies...I'm afraid I didn't prepaid for these shortages...but It is an 80 mile round trip to Wally World and HEB...I'm almost out of flour...none to be found.but have family here to share with me until I can make the trip....Jane do you sew or just read and movies?..I should try to make some of the face masks they need so bad..I did walk today..cloudy and 70 degrees...Hi Sue...I read you are still walking...Sharon sorry you have to take AB again..a friend of mines daughter had to go to ER...running high fever..she had to wait 4 hours in her car in parking lot before she was checked out....sent her home to just take Tylenol....so we all need to stay well if possible...what I like about walking...no one else around you..Hi to Mary Jeanne Marlyin.  And all others

Marilyn

Good morning Buddies, Our state is on lock down, so  my pedicure appt for today is gone  I was going to walk Freckles in the mall after that appointment, but now that is out of the question. However I bought  rain suit and she gas two nice raincoats so we can still take walks in our neighborhood. All non essential businesses have been  told to close. I still have to call  the nail salon and make sure she is closed, I don't want her to  get a citation for being open.

All is well here and my family elsewhere is ok too. I keep checking on them. Even my daughter that  was estranged for so many years, has been texting with my since Ronnie's death in January. My grand daughter still hasn't esend me  any of his ashes.  I bought a real nice pendant with his birthstone for the ashes, but  she keeps delaying sending them.

Hey all y'all stay safe.

SharonE

Darlene, I called the ER and found out it was full and then called CVS minute clinic and she said to make an appt online which I did, so didn't have to wait.  But she couldn't test for the virus, but could test the UTI. I have flour but limited TP! I'd rather be out of flour.

Marilyn, I'm so glad you're in touch with your daughter again and that you have rain suits for you and Freckles.  Our state is pretty well shut down too. Only essential stores open.

Sue, I wondered what you were going to do when you finished your books. I have 4 or 5, so that should do me-I hope.

I think I have sold my bookcases. I have to hold them till 6:00 for her to pick them up.  They were a hot commodity. I had about 10 people asking about them.

Nothing else going on here. Hi to everyone. Stay in and stay safe!  Sharon

JeanneP

Sue.
Did you manage to get the new microwave? So hard to be without one. I remember a few years back. Mine went on a Sunday .Snowing hard and I was out finding one. Kept opening the door and putting things in forgetting it had died.
JeanneP

jane

Morning, Buddies!

Mary....hope you're feeling better!!

Darlene...no, I don't sew. My Mom sewed everything, but neither my sister nor I ever got that "bug" to sew.  I can barely put a hem in.   :2funny:

Marilyn...all our our salons, massage/nail/hair are closed, too, as well as bars and restaurants...carryout only and the hospital, ER and urgent clinic...must call first, as Sharon said at her places.

Sharon and Sue...hope you find reading materials.  My IPAD is loaded, so I'm good.

Cold and gloomy here.  I need to make a WalMart run...my 'script is ready, according to the text they send me. 

Don't know if I mentioned...no grocery ordering and picking up anywhere here in town.  WalMart said MAYBE by August.   :idiot2:

In addition, IF we've been out of state, we must quarantine for 14 days.  I think that's directed at snowbirds and spring breakeers coming back from TX and AZ, FL, CA.

Guess I'd better get my boots on and had out to WalMart...boots because of the cold, no snow here, and they are so easy to slip on and off.

jane

SCFSue

Good (late!) morning, Every Buddy.  I didn't wake up until 9:30 and have just been piddlin' around.  I finally finished eating my breakfast, got into my walking duds and drug myself up the hill and down again--and I'm pooped! Tim called to see if I'm OK and I was able to say that I am.  He and Kris are staying inside today after their morning walk.  I'm planning to stay inside the rest of the day and read.  Tim returned my previously read library books last week--and the library was closed.  They had an outdoor bin for returning books, so he put them in there.  Now I'm going to look through my books here in my book shelf and find some oldie but goodies to reread.

My daily newspaper listed some grocery stores and other essential stores which are open, but which are selling goods that are safe to be outside.  I fortunately have enough in my fridge and cupboards to last for at least a week and a half, so I (or Tim) won't be shopping for me this week.

I can't remember how many cases of the virus are here in Lee County, but enough to close lots of businesses.  I hope people are taking precautions.  Some groceries are putting things outside their businesses for pickup--things which will not spoil. One of my close friends husband died last week.  They had a funeral service for their family only at the church.  He has been ill for some time.

Not much else to report here.  I have 2 collections of favorite books which I can read here at home and that's what I'm planning for the rest of the day.

Have a nice day every buddy and stay away from people who might be infected.
Sue