Random Image

Gene

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:11:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanneP

I am going to take a break and relax today.
I did force myself outside and went to work on cleaning everything. Got the whole placed hosed down. Furniture covers and cushions on. It looks nice now. All yard mowed by SIL who came to town day before

It was 86 deg. And don't plan on trying that again. To old. I Wes worn out. Sure slept good though.
It looks like most people forgot about masks and not being close om Mday. Illinois did not open everything like some states did..so let's see what happens to them.one restaurant over line in indiana counted over 100 cars with Illinois license plates on.

I did clean filter on the AC and turned on . I hate AC. Helps allergies though.

All I can do on my IPad is FaceTime.. Can see one at a time.

JeanneP

jane

It got to 90 today and humid..more like July.  Then the t'storms came through and tornado warnings for some areas around me.

I canceled my PT for tomorrow...didnt feel right this afternoon, so called and move appt to next Tues. I'm not sure if I'll continue.  I think they've probably done all they can and I have a gazillion exercises.  I'll continue to wear the braces at night.  So...will have my telephone doc appt with rheumatologist on Thurs and that's it for the week.

I also turned my AC on...inside temp in 80s is just too hot for me.

jane

junee

Hello Jeanne,
I thought I might join you now that all the outside work is done.  You can relax now and enjoy.  After three days of wind and rain was so nice to have the sun stream in this morning.  We are in lockdown and allowed one visitor for 1/2 hour.  Sure is hard to judge where it will strike next.  Hope you are keeping well.
Think Englandgetting more than its share of the Viras, the numbers are far too high.

maryz

Hi, Junee, welcome to our group! Tell us about you, so we can get to know you. Your name thing says you're in Sydney. My husband's niece lives in Sydney - teaches at a university there. It's a great city!

jane and Jeanne, your weather sounds like ours. We're getting around 90 every day, with chance of afternoon thundershowers. At least until Sunday.

They've finally gotten us set up for Covid testing. We're due to get tested on Sunday morning - probably the swab thing. Not particularly looking forward to that part, but glad to get the test done.

That's about all the excitement from here.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

JeanneP

Hello. Junee
Good to see your post. I hope that this virus is being handled down your way better than in US. And UK not to good either. Now I spoke and heard from uk this weekend and the do to be now moving. Lots of testing done and Oxford UNiv. seem to be coming along on a med.
it hit the nursing homes bad just like here. Silly to try to say it was because of age(
TRUMP).
I try not to watch TV news . Just Liston to med. science. Try to keep busy . Just seem to be eating a little to much.
Will write you over on your pm

MaryZ

Hope you are comfy staying in your rooms in that heat awful. Glad you got moved out of the small room you were in.
Now Junee. She like us been on here from way back. On senior net I think. Over to uS to some of the get together they use to have.big friend of Whimsy.

I will write you on your pm.

JeanneP

SharonE

Hi Gals, It's 1:30 AM. Just can't fall asleep tonight. I slept soundly all night last night for the first time in forever, but going back to the couch in a bit.

Junee, I remember you and Whimsy chatting years ago. Glad to see your post and know you're well.

Jeanne, you work to hard for your age and the temp. Hire things done!

Jane, sorry you weren't feeling right today and had to cancel PT. We're having high temps too and having to use the AC.  Didn't do much work except on the phone and computer today. The guys didn't come to hang the pictures. Guess that is a Sat. job. I will call Housekeeping tomorrow and get a day scheduled for them. Really need it with all the traffic in and out.

We close Thursday and have made an appt with my hair gal since we will be nearby. Will also go to the audiologist for some repair on my hearing aids and to the grocery. We will be out of quarantine on Fri, so if we wear masks, etc, we should be okay.

Hi to everyone. Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen (plus read the morning paper).  It is cooler here this morning, but I'm thinking that it will get much warmer soon.  I'm planning a walk down hill and back up shortly.  Hopefully it won't rain while I'm out walking.

I hope Every Buddy looking in has a nice day.  Take care, Every Buddy.
Sue

maryz

I love the a/c - never open windows. But I have a lot of pollen/grass/tree allergies, and don't want to let pollen in the house. Also I grew up on the Gulf Coast before a/c, and have loved it ever since we could finally get it.  It is nice to get out once in a while, but then I'm always glad to get away from the heat and humidity - and sleep where it's cool.

It is supposed to be more seasonal here - albeit rainy. Still, temps in the low 70s is much more to my liking (even if I'm inside in the a/c.  ;D

Happy Wednesday to all!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy looking in today.  I've been up for a while, walked down hill and back and am now going to sit down and read a while.  I hope Every Buddy looking in has a nice day planned and Every Buddy is feeling well.  Take care, Buddies--and have a nice day!

Sue

JeanneP

Sharon. Almost impossible to get good help around this town. I have been lucky for 29 years in having both a yard man and a handy man who could do everything. Even built his own home but still called himself just a handy many. He passed last year at 91 and yard man now in Nursing home at 89. Both Alzheimer. few other things. So Sad.
This has always been a big Union town but now many retired or dead and the young people never trained. Also a University. Town. We are seeing lots of Hispanics in town 8000 last count and they are advertising for work but seems not to many speaking English so hard to tell them what needs doing. Specially the women for housekeeping..So I am left doing all at the moment.

I should go walking early now it is up into 80s but get up so late and by time eat,read paper. Shower and dress it is about 1pm. I do go to stores twice a week and get walks those days. Need to go and do my car today. It needs it just sits there most of the time getting dusty.

Allowed to drive without a license since April 12 as they not open and extended taking test for 90 days from that date. I don't go out of town right now so just forget about it. They will not be doing road test with someone riding in your car for awhile.
At the laundry cleaners ,the lady that always has done mine has been  gone for past month but think she is back monday. Need lots of things done. Bedspreads,rugs, curtains..Then back to my weekly things.Wish I was starting out all new again like you. Little late now.
Keep well everyone...   
JeanneP

Marilyn

Hello every Buddy. Junee good to see your post. Tell us more about yourself.

I didn't sleep well for the last two nights The first one was because I had to keep using the bathroom. Last night it was Keith  walking around  opening every door except mine. When I got up this  morning the Front door was unlocked . lights on all over the place. I am so tired. I have to get a good nights sleep tonight.

Tomorrow I am meeting with the Service Dog Trainer who will evaluate Freckles for her certificate graduating her to a full fledged Service Dog.Freckles already knows the routine, she had to pass the CGC test to become a therapy dog.We've been  practicing all the commands just to refresh her. The trainer gave me a list of everything she will have to do to pass the Public Access Test. The only command she had a little trouble with was to Down Stay and Sit Stay while I left  the room. She had to be right where I left her when I re-entered the room.

Well you must be tired to reading all about dog training since only Sherry has a dog. So I will spare you but let you know the results after tomorrow.

Jeanne I have a guy that comes every two weeks to take care of the yard and a woman who comes once a week to clean the house.She has been cleaning a kitchen drawer  each time she comes, and has washed all the oak cabinets in the kitchen with Murphy's oil soap then  did all the doors and door jambs in the whole house. Gosh she is so thorough. She is also someone I worked with at the Spay and Neuter clinic so I have known her forever. I still clean the litter boxes daily and have to wear a mask to keep from breathing the dust. I do all the laundry and changing of the beds plus make sure the dishwasher is run and dishes put away.

jane

Hi, Junee!

Last night must have been "no sleep night"....me, too, so dragging today, too.  It was hot and humid again...and storms threatened.  I got out to both grocery stores to get my "stuff"...surprised at how many things WalMart was out of.  Not many masks either place, either. 

Jane

jane

Gloomy, rainy, hot summer like day here. 

I have a telemedicine appt with rheumatologist at 2:30.  I'm glad I don't have to drive to CR in a heavy rain.

Stay well and safe!

Jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  It has been raining here this morning but the sun is now shining, so hopefully we'll have a nice day.  I have not been outside for my usual morning walk, but will get to that next.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but so far that's it.  I don't know if Tim will be over this morning. 

After my walk down hill and back up, I hope to get some reading done.  I am about halfway through a novel where the hero is trying to find his daughter who has been kidnapped in a foreign country.  The mother has been murdered and he is looking for the daughter.  I think he will find the daughter, but it will be difficult!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy. 
Sue

JeanneP

I think we all got storms last night. Now here the sun is out and will be up to 75 deg by noon. Bit of a breeze so I am going to keep the A/C of if I can. I feel more closed in than ever with it running and doors,windows closed. Like them opened.
I do need to go to store also. Now I dont thing that things are lasting as long. I have now thrown out half loaf of bread that I got last week. Had mold on it today. Bought Bananas same time and they black in 3 days. Broccoli is turning yellow. Onions mushy, ONly things from last Friday shopping are the Carrots. Fact potatoes sprouting. I keep them in a dark place. Maybe farmer leaving them in fields to long getting  lots of rain. Then coming long way to the mid  west on Trucks. Who knows. Don't buy much in frozen or canned but maybe will go to them.
JeanneP

JeanneP

forgot to mention. I had something for the past 4 days or so. Remember getting same but about 20 years past. I laughed when Dr. told me the problem. No laughing this time.I got Gout in my Big toe. That hurts. Not called anyone but cut out what can cause it soon as it came. Today it seems to be gone. they say if last only 3-4 days then just start watching diet and drink lots of water. Nothing else liquid. That is about all I drink anyway. I have been eating red meat and also salt water fish. Will go slow on it. Don't drink coffee and very little tea now. I don't drink any alcohol at all. Maybe a beer mix in hot summer. Got one bottle still in fridge from last year. Will maybe try making Irish Beer bread soon.
Time to get moving.               
JeanneP

jane

Jeanne....gout is not funny...hope toe feels better soon. 

Rain, rain, rain....don't be surprised to hear on your TVs that Iowa is now an Island!!   ;D   Flash flood warnings abound.  Some areas got 6" earlier this morning.  People down the Mississippi may be in for flooding, too. 

Another 560 + positive covid cases at the Tyson Pork Plant near Sioux City. 

Stay safe, Dear Buddies!

Cottoncandy

[Hi Buddies..looking in to check on everyone....we are still having evening storms...at least it's some cooler..Jane mabey the weather has something to do with your joint pain...I usually sleep good..but I take melatonin...I have to turn on my air when the temp reaches 82 in my house!,Marlyin..I have a good yard man...but hard to find anyone who wants to clean house...mine needs deep cleaning..Mary good luck on the covid testing...I don't really plan to do that unless I have to..Sharon bet you are glad to be out of quarantine tomorrow..Sue I'm still walking as you do...but very warm even early...Shout out Hi to June.....I best find something to do....take care..Darlene /size]

jane

SUNSHINE....No drops from the sky...and lovely 65 degrees and low humidity.
 HURRAH!! It's suppose to be like this for the whole weekend...and then back to rain and upper 80s. 

I woke up to the sound of heavy machinery....seems neighbor two doors down must have water/sewage line problems...they're tearing up the walk up to his front porch with one of those...uh..."skidloader" maybe is the name?  And Larry, who works at John Deere in Waterloo but seems to be laid off maybe...is out supervising. 

Darlene...oh, the weather is the BIG factor in my joint pain.  My internal med guy told me that 45 years ago when they dx'd me with arthritis...and I've been through all the meds...even 12 aspirins a day...and clinoril and a couple I can't remember the name of....remember it's been 45 years...so lots has changed...except the pain in all the joints now.  Weather pressure is the culprit for me.

The therapy has been good for the carpal tunnel.  I think I can just do the braces at night and when it flares up and stop the PT.  I have enough exercises to keep me busy.

I've been texting with niece in WI who has a son and DIL living near St. Paul...the mall that's being looted is 1 mile from their house.  Joe had stopped for gas...station boarded up and had to pay at pump only...and then he went home and they are staying put.  A chiro friend had his office near the police station that was burned, so he boarded up the windows, locked it up and left for his home in the western part of the greater Mpls area.  Such a sad situation all around. The animal hospital where Alexandria (Joe's wife) doing her Ph.D has posted a sign online saying don't come here, it's not safe. 

I think I'll get my sandals on and walk to town. 

Stay safe and HEALTHY, Dear Buddies!

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  It's 10:30 here in Auburn this morning and I've read the paper (mostly news about Corona Virus here in Alabama) and am ready to get outside for my walk down hill.  I have a mask Tim made for me to use during the walks I take and will use it.  Yesterday when I walked I only saw one man who walked on the other side of the street so no problem there.

I hope Every Buddy is feeling well today and that you have nice weather, too.  It's going to be pretty warm here today, but I like that kind of weather so will enjoy it!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

SharonE

Marilyn, I enjoy your stories about Freckles training. I have the same problem with Bunny on Sit/Stay. That's scary that Keith was up and wandering last night and unlocked the door.Does he ever wander? You might consult your Alzheimers support group about a lock he couldn't undo.But I'm sure you know that anyway.

Jeanne, sorry about the gout. I'm getting arthritis in my foot.

Jane, sounds like you have a nice day today. We are still getting part of the effects of Bertha. Had 6" one day. A severe storm just went through but has disappated now.

Your book sounds interesting, Sue.

We closed on the house yesterday, I got my hair cut and then we got groceries. We will be responsible for brkfst &lunch beginning tomorrow. The cleaning lady came today and vacuumed which was a priority. They aren't doing a full cleaning at this time, altho she did do the baths and trash too. No other news here.

Hi to everyone. Sharon

jane

Had a wonderful walk to town...low humidity so it was most pleasant and I feel better than I have for a few days.  Amazing what sunshine and low humidity can do for you.

My lawn guy is here and mowing away.  With all this rain, it's a chore to keep up with it.

News from Mpls is bad.  Chiropractor friend of Nephew....his building was burned to the ground last night.  "Grandsons" of my heart are ok...Joe and Alexandria are locked in and armed, if it comes to that, near the University. Sammy and Grace are away from City to the South and will take in friends who live in the area under siege.  Don's friend Dan who's the DEA guy is safe as of now but says it's horrible.

Sue...I see the awful news on the cases in Alabama...hospitals overrun in Birmingham and Mobile...and all you have there in Auburn. 

Sharon...glad you were able to get out for groceries and a haircut and have closed on the house.  You can now go to the dining room for dinner?  Is it in a different building or in your villa building?

We're going out for supper tonight to small town 15 miles south of us.  I got reservations, since I don't know when they'll hit 50% capacity and as of yesterday, the bars can be open...also 50%, I think.

Stay safe and healthy, Dear Buddies!

jane

JeanneP

What a mess in Minni. it same spot like now uprisings are starting all over . Some for next to nothing but that one should not have started. Today in the paper the one policeman that killed him has been charged with murder. Let's see if the y follow up and make him a example of what law is going to do.

In my area right now it is shootings .8 in last 4 days. But all seems to be young coloured men. If this virus problem last as long as some say it will. Even getting worse with every. Thing now being opened up as people not listening anyway. Many more problem. Rest of the world seem to be having lot more sense and getting better. Even our gov. Now gave in on the churches. Let the fully open and each one do what they want.. Hard on any leaders anymore.  .soon all will be tossing in their towels.  Now that things seem to be opening up as more people showin positive or. Dying  . Not wearing masks. Crowding places. Not musc leaders can do..

Still nice here. Get storms every night and sun days. Little to hot for me

. .

JeanneP

Marilyn

We are going out for our usual Mexican dinner with friends tonight. Freckles has been going withn us and just lays  in an inconspicuous spot next to me and out of the way, She wears her Service dog vest so no questions are asked.  She did get to do her testing yesterday. The trainers texted that her Service dog had an emergency and was at the Vet hoping  to survice what every the problem is. She (the dog) did well overnight on IV's and meds. Well will test Freckles at another time. The trainer is under a lot of strees right nlow with her own service Dog.

The weather is so nice here in  the 60's sort of sunny and cloudy, I is supposed ti rain a lot tomorrow. I can always wear my rain suit to walk Freckles.

maryz

Great-grandson #2 was born this afternoon, 8'9".  Baby and parents all three doing well.

junee

Maryz,
You probably thought I ignored your welcome back but let me assure you I was so pleased to see your message.
Congratulations on the birth of your G/Grandson, a good weight.
I have known you a long time Mary, but not being a true BB always hesitated about coming in to this place. I always enjoyed your Blog and you are high on the list of brave women I have met in my lifetime.
Yes I live in Sydney and nice that you have connection here. 
I have been in Aged Care for the past 2 years and at present we are in lockdown and so far no Viras in this place.
This was a tough move to make from my unit, the garden and the birds who visited daily.
So pleased you waited for the unit with an outlook and hope the move went smoothly.   Now I lost my last post to you somehow but will hope for a better result.   Saw others that I remember on here also so hope to send replies.   J

maryz

junee, I stopped writing the blog when I realized the posts were becoming too repetitive.  Thanks for mentioning it, though.  Glad you're content in your new living arrangements. I definitely am glad to be where I am now.  I'm mostly settled in. Since I moved after lockdown, there are still things I don't have. For instance, there is still nothing hanging on the walls - and I really miss that!  Well, maybe sometime soon.

I have seen photos of our new guy, although of course, you really can't tell much about a newborn, who is all swaddled up in a blanket. I don't know if they're still in the hospital, or have gone home. Don't know what the "customary protocol" is nowadays. In my day, we stayed in the hospital for 5-7 days, then my daughters stayed for barely 24 hours. Oh, well - they're young and strong.  :smitten:

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy. I'm up, dressed and ready for my morning walk.  I'm going to leave soon with a broad brimmed hat and a mask that Tim made for me.  If I get too hot, I'll pull the mask down so breathing is easier. 

I don't have much planned for the rest of the day.  I've been reading Patrick O'Brien naval novels.  Bill (oldest son) has been looking for them to send me.  I've been a fan of the Naval novels for a number of years.  My late husband Bob liked those novels, too, so I have a lot of them.

Bill's wife has been sending me Nora Roberts novels.  Some I like very well and others just don't appeal to me.  I appreciate Dawn's thoughtfulness, though, and I do read the Nora Roberts novels, too.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.  Stay inside if the weather is too warm and enjoy your day.

Sue

JeanneP

MaryZ

Congrats on the new baby. A good size. I bet they got to come home after one day. We look forward to seeing photo.
I feel good knowing that both you and Junee are both safe in your homes. It has been so bad in ours in my area. Now it seems everything is opening up I hope they still do not allow visitors piling in.
I think I am going to still keep doing the masking and safety ways for a little while longer. Watch the charts from the health people.
Let my hair grow more.
Weather perfect here today. Traffic seems to be growing more. Only put 25 miles on my car in 2 months. Didn't need to. Have bought anew one.
JeanneP

SharonE

Hi Gals. Still waiting for our maintenance men to come hang the pictures and shelves we couldn't manage. No other plans.

Mary, congratulations on your 2nd great grandbaby. We are still not allowed to go to the dining room. Everyone's food is delivered. It is sunny and nice out today for a change and supposed to be clear till Mon or Tue.

Jane, I'm so glad your family in and near Minn. is safe. Awful about the chiropractor's office.  Our grand daughter lives in Maple Grove, which is a suburb of Minn. I haven't heard anything, so presuming no news is good news.

Weather makes a huge difference on my joints too.

Hi Sue. I like most Nora Roberts books except for the ones with black magic. Danielle Steele's books are good too.

We had protests and mild riots here in Charlotte last night. No looting etc.

Jeanne, you should call someone at the HS for the name of a boy that needs work. You would both benefit.

Marilyn, hope you had a nice dinner last night and that your friend's dog is better.

Hi to everyone.  Stay safe. Sharon