Random Image

Optimism

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:41:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

No Mary we dont go to Cannon beach or any other beach we go to sunriver up in the high desert.

maryz

Thanks for reminding me, Marilyn.

Where is everybody?  Just staying in out of the heat - and hoping for no other weather to go with it, I guess.  That's certainly the case here.  But we have heard talk that we're going to go back into the dining room for meals before too much longer. I hope so.  And EVERYBODY is ready to be able to get her hair done.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

JeanneP

Think I will wait a couple more week before I go and get a hair cut. I have been trimming my own and doesn't look to bad.  See how things going after so many people not sticking to the rules.
My April ENT appt. was cancelled months ago. I called and made another going  forward now  as far as Dec. 1st. It got cancelled today. I think that the health places know a lot more than we are told. Going to have to find someplace as my left ear. One were operation was, is giving me some problems. Not bad but needs checking.

still can't get back to reading for longer that half hour. Before this if the book good I would sit and read it all day.
Wish ours would put the bins outside again. I have over 20 books here. Also I miss having their copy machines as I don't have a scanner anymore and time for Car licenses etc want paying and they just sent a open card not one in a return envelope. They want all done on line but mine needs me to take the road test. Need it in  April. Our stickers went up to $159 this year. Its due June 30th.
So hot still. Need to go to store as I am out of Ginger Ale and 7 up. Means I have to get dressed. Would get arrested if I went with what I have on right now....
JeanneP

SharonE

Hi Gals, It's about 1 AM and I'm still not asleep. I dozed on the couch for a while so when I woke up, I went to bed about 10:30. Grrr.

I did 2 loads of laundry this afternoon and took a walk with John & Bunny to a nearby lake. It's probably 3 blocks. I was tired when I got bacck.  Bunny loved all the smells and exploring though.

Mary, I don't think we will get back in th dining room or salon for at least a month. I'm glad I was able to get a hair cut last week when we closed on our house. I had cut it a lot too, but it didn't look very good.

Melanie finally sold their house yesterday after about 3 yrs.  It is so big and beautiful, it was a shame it awas on the market so long. They will be full-time FL residents after they move.

No other news here. Sharon

jane

Hi, Buddies!  It's good to get back and catch up with everyBuddie.  Patricia and I had a lovely visit and she's on the road to Mpls to proctor an exam for the daughter of the chiro whose office burned to the ground and then she's going on home to Wi.  It was a no fuss visit and most enjoyable.  Now, I'm enjoying the quiet again.

I did walk this morning, but not the full mile...it was getting too warm, even though I had water with me. 

This next week starts out very hot and humid and t'storms on the forecast. 

Take care of yourselves, and stay safe and healthy!!

jane

JeanneP

I sure wish I could  get some "Up and go" I have need to go to drug store for 3 days. I think this hot 90s is here to stay. What I wear in the house is so cool and to go out would have to wear something with more of a cover up. I will just put on a straw hat and a short dress from Mexico and to heck with it. I see some in short shorts and halters right now.Not all of them that young.
Sharon. Now are many at the Villa's going out a lot? That is good that your place stands more alone.
Has you daughter already purchased her home in Florida. Should be a good time to buy..
My grandson just bought a beautiful one in Manhattan, Kansas where he is now with the University. Thing is his one In Springfield. Mo not yet getting a bite. it is in The University area also and with it closed at the moment it may take time.
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Hi Buddies...I'm inside under air conditioner...wow nearly 100 today and Monday and Tuesday hotter....I have appt Tuesday for hair cut..first in almost 5 months due to corona....I'm tempted to cut it short...its down to my shoulders..been wearing it up but giving me a headache....Marlyin..do you regret cutting yours short..I think most of you wear it short...I'm still having church on line...not sure when I will go back...Jeanne my BP is doing real good on the med I'm taking now...Sharon hope you get to go to dining room soon...Mary and Sue how are y'all....Jane..glad you had company over weekend....I sure enjoy mine when they come...real lonely at times....Hi to all and take care..Darlene

Marilyn

Mary We did got up the coast to Proposal Rock for a weekend  north of Lincoln city, and once to Newport but didn't go to the beach. We live within 12 miles of most of the beaches on the ocean and ½ block from the bay.

Darlene, I do love my short hair but have decided to let it grow for a year and see how long it gets during that time, Then  I may decide to either let it grow or cut it off.

I did go to  my doctor on Thursday, i may have already mentioned this, my triglycerides are up so I have to watch what I eat for the next 6  months to see if they will go back down. She told me it could have been the wine, and the hard boiled eggs I ate daily. So this morning I had two scrambled egg whites turkey bacon and toast with vegetable oil margarine (Yuck). When I placed my grocery order with Instacart yesterday I ordered that large tub of margarine thinking it was a small tub and not vegetable oil but olive oil.

We are not going to Sunriver this year, maybe next year or someplace else next year. It depends on how far I have to drive on the freeway. I do not like the freeway, too many trucks and crazy drivers. I prefer the coast  road and the country roads or the road going over the passes to the high desert. We will be going up the coast later this summer to Yachats with my friend Jo and her dog to a place  right next to the beach. I do love the ocean.

alpiner1

We started back to church last Sunday but only for a short worship service , no classes yet .  Pews are sectioned off with ribbon , so every other row is ribboned  off .  We have communion every Sunday  & have it prepackaged .  Its a small plastic cup with the juice on the bottom  capped off with a wafer on the top .  Norm finally shaved off his beard as he was going to the dentist . I have my hubby back !!

alpiner1

Finally tomorrow I'm going to Walmart for the first time since March .  I have been grocery shopping here in town at our only regular sized grocery store .  There is another grocery store but it is more of a gourmet store . I haven't been shopping at Walmart to avoid the crowd because of the virus .  Norm wanted to go along but I told him I really needed to go by myself !  Then I told him I wanted to look for bras !  That did it !  The coffee maker went out , so I will be getting a new one . It only lasted a year !  I won't be buying that brand again !              The weather is suppose to turn hot later this week  so I won't be going out .

SharonE

Hi Gals. Darlene, 100 is way too hot for me, but I'm inside most of the time anyway. Glad your BP is controlled now.

Jane, I'm glad you had company this weekend and enjoyed it. Is Patricia your niece? I forget.

Alpiner, I am still watching our church service on line. They think it will be the first of July for open service and it will be held in the Fellowship Hall where they can space the chairs out more. I wish they would keep the on-line service too as the church is too far for us to drive now. Eventually will find a new one here.

Mary, nothing much going on here. Melanie has a smaller house in Citrus Grove (near Tampa), that they will move to from Indy, but yesterday, a larger house they had looked at a couple times went up for auction. They texted a low ball offer and got it! What a way to buy a house! She's had her son, his friend, a friend of hers and her daughter all over picking at the stuff they don't want to take--including an upright Sears freezer we bought in 1973 and later gave to them. Can't believe it is still working.

Marilyn, I'm not much of a beach person. I don't like to swim. When we were in HH, we only went to the beach when we had company.

Sue, hope you are okay. You usually have posted by now.

Stay healthy and safe everyone.  Sharon

Marilyn

maryz

Thanks for posting that, Marilyn. Ginny was a nice lady, and her last few years were not easy ones.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

JeanneP

Alphiner
Now Walgreens just up the street from me. Not big on buying groceries there but do find some things only they have,
My tip is. Try to go befor 9:30  10am and the place is quiet. They do a good job on sanitizing and all workers wore masks.
I have such a hard time wearing them so try to get back home in a hour. Nerves were cut on left side of my face and back ear and so the lestic presses against it. I try to make it loose but then it slides down. I had to use a Chinese girl at the bank and with hers on and her broken English was hard. Had to talk so loud that most at the side of me could hear. I was writing numbers on a piece of paper
JeanneP

jane

That obit is not our GinnyAnn.  Her last name is not spelled that way, and she didn't live in Lima.  Her husband's name isn't Ronald, and she didn't have the children listed in that obit.

It got to the 90s today @nd tomorrow we're to get the rain from tropical storm Christobel.  It's very unusual for that to happen this far north.

Patricia is the wife of Ray's nephew and we have always been very close to them...the children of our heart.  It was a great visit.

Take care and stay safe,

Jane

alpiner1

On the way home today I stopped at the grocery store here in town to pick up items I couldn't find at Walmart .   As I was pushing a cart to the end of an aisle my cart hit a display at the end of the aisle , stuff was flying off the shelf !  A black man was passing by & he told me he would pick up the items for me !  I thanked him & told him he saved my back .  That was so nice of him to help me !

jane

Alpiner...lots of good people out there...I'm glad one helped you immediately. 

Hot and going to be very wet day here.  I'll be dry and cool inside.   ::)

Stay safe and healthy!

Jane

SharonE

Jane, I'm glad you remembered the details on Ginny. I was startled because she friended me recently, but I never saw any posts. She has had a hard life the past few years and I missed her posting.

Marilyn, it was good of you to post it, even if it turned out to be wrong.

I'm glad I got some books last week at the center, otherwise, I'd be going crazy.  Very hot here too and supposed to have rain for 3 days.

John keeps himself busy by reading or playing bridge on line or doing suduko.

I always seem to have something to do around the house + reading or TV in the evening. Most of my favorite shows aren't on now, but Hallmark & HGTV continue.

I wonder where Sue is. She always posts daily.

Darlene, I have never liked long hair and kept it short most of my adult life. I think it makes one look younger too.

Not much going on here. Stay safe, everyone. Sharon

jane

Sharon...it sounds as if you and John are settling in nicely.  Are they still bringing you your meals, or can you go to a dining room?

Sue...we miss you!

Darlene...stay cool and safe...

Mary...sounds as if heat and rain finding you, too.

Jeanne and Alpiner...stay cool and safe.

Marilyn...you're probably the only one without high temps...so hope the rains don't bother your walks, too much.

Another day or so of very hot and end of Cristobel....only second time in a gazillion years that a tropical storm tail reached all the way up here.  So, I got myself out and did a short walk and then home and showered and in a cool long dress for the rest of the day.

SharonE

Jane, they still deliver our dinners and we do our own brkfsts & lunches.The dining room is still closed. I did go down and pick up the mail though. And ordered some checks with our new address on them.Nothing else going on. Sharon

Marilyn

Jane  I kind of thought that wasn't our Ginnyann, She had ytwo sons I believe that one was a Doctor. However I was asked to [ost that by Judy, ( Pat's sister)

JeanneP

Darn it. I just wrote a long one and it came up showing someone was posting one at the same time. Then it just started the screen up and down and it vanished. Not in the mood now to do over. Will do tomorrow.
JeanneP

SharonE

Today is our 59th anniversary!! Can't believe it's been that long. Can't celebrate though because we are still locked down. Sharon

jane

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, SHARON AND JOHN!

Marilyn...you are right...Their children were Doug, who passed away as us old timers will remember, and John, the doctor.  I don't know why Judy would think that was our GinnyAnn.  Oh, well.   

Rain, rain, rain and 30 degrees cooler than yesterday!  That feels wonderful. 

Our restrictions have been lowered again, I guess, and I'm waiting for tomorrow to get our for groceries.  I don't like driving in thunderstorms. 

Sue, Darlene, and Maryz...I hope all is ok with you.

jane

Cottoncandy

Happy 59th Anniversary..Sharon and John...awesome..it is about 20 degrees cooler today...so thankful..It was nice walking this morning...I wonder where Sue is...mabey she posted and I didn't see I..went shopping for supplies/groceries yesterday...mask on and prayer of protection..I along with others..was so sorry of the man killed by the cop...but3 services is a little much..our country is going the wrong way...my opinion of course...God help us all...Hi to Jeanne...Mary...joy..Jane and all reading.....stay healthy and safe

maryz

Happy Anniversary, Sharon & John!!  We were just shy of our 60th.

jane and Darlene, glad you've gotten some cooler weather.

alpiner, glad you got to the store.

Jeanne, you were out, too.

Sue hasn't posted in several days - hope she's okay.

Marilyn, thanks anyway for your posting. I wonder what has happened to our Ginny.

Jeanne, take it easy. I hope you got some cooler temps, too.

I got out this morning. I had an initial appointment with an optometrist (set up by my doc in Chattanooga). The folks here said it was okay for Margaret to take me. All was okay with my eyes - fortunately. The folks in the office were very careful. Didn't let us in the office until we had had our temps taken and we had answered several questions. Everybody in the office, including the doc, was wearing a mask.  I gather while I was gone, the staff had a meeting and we're supposed to start easing back on restrictions beginning next Monday.  It will be interesting.

SharonE

Hi Gals, we did absolutely nothing to celebrate our anniversary, but thanks for the good wishes. We did go over and get the mail and some more books.

I'm glad everyone is able to get out a little now. John took a walk this am and took some pictures with his regular camera to show the kids. We need to go to the grocery again. I'm out of lunch stuff.

I'm really beginning to get worried about Sue. Maybe her computer is down again, but Tim is usually good about fixing it.

All of you going out and about, be careful and stay safe. Sharon

jane

Ah...Blessed Sunshine as my sister-in-law always says!  After all the rain, it's glorious to have dry and sunny.  I got out for a walk this morning and got a mile in. 

Then I put the tags on my cars, so I'm legal for another year.  Sure are pricey here...over $400 for each one. 

I then got out to WalMart and got my shopping done for the weekend and into next week.  I wore a mask and maybe 1/4 of the people did. The clerks all had masks on, too.

I've sent an email to Tim to check on Sue for all of us.

My one kitchen cupboard that has some food stuff in it needed a rearranging, so I got that finished so I can see what's in there. 

Have a good, restful, healthy Thursday,

jane

JeanneP

I am enjoying the last few days also. Had some storms and heavy winds but late in the day so that is making it about 78 deg. Nice enough to go out a little.
As we can drop our books now at the back door of Library I will take 2 bags back later today. had 23 taking up room in my bedroom. Still no going into the library.
I have still not gotten the one phone working . Spent hours trying to get ahold of Tracfone. Got no place with trying. Just telling how to push this then that. It is their most  latest one. I have over 2500 min. on it and now will have to put more on if want to keep. I got it for just keeping intouch with family and friends in UK and Canada. Says it could be done but It won't. They have said would make a call back to me twice but never have. I would take it to Best Buys if they had tachs available but still a few riots over in that part of city. These people just out to make any kind of trouble just to have something to do.  Been another 3 shootings in the last 24 hours. I am not venturing far away from home.
Now I was thinking that Sue was going to have a visitor for a few days. Could be wrong. Maybe Jane you will get a answer. Strange though. If she was Ill she would have her son let us know.  I know they had some bad storms down there. Just hope no damage to her home.
JeanneP

maryz

Our weather was great today, I'm told (haven't been out myself). It was more like our "normal" early summer weather. It was awful yesterday - hot and so humid it was like trying to breathe underwater.

Everybody in the facility - staff and residents - got tested for coronavirus about 10 days ago. We finally got results back and everyone had a negative test. Nice to get some good news.

I hope jane hears back from Sue's son.

Hugs to all the Buddies!