Random Image

Bluebird on House

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:23:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

This dang reply box is bouncing me around again.

Tim is going to check his Mom's computer.

Nice sunny day here, and I get a haircut this afternoon.  Nothing else going on here.

Stay safe and healthy,

Jane

SCFSue

This is Tim.  Mom's computer should be working again.

maryz

Thanks, Tim and jane.  Sue is special to all of us.

Nothing going on around here.  I'm SO jealous of y'all who can get haircuts.  Mine hasn't been this long in maybe 40 years. I know it still seems short to most people, but it's driving me nuts!  We're still planning to go to the beach in midJuly, and I'm hoping one of the gals can cut it for me there. At this point, I'll take almost anything.  ;D
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Mary..I would be nuts, too, waiting for a haircut.  I hope you. I hope you can get one soon.

I'm trying a new bird feeder...I'm tired of the squirrels jumping up over the baffle!

Jane

jane

Sharon...were you the one who tried Voltaren cream for knee pain?  I saw it now at WalMart, but I think it used to be prescription...IF my memory is right?

Haircut done, and I stopped at a sort of new pub for a crispy chicken salad.  Very good and I brought home enough for supper.  Win-win. 

Jane

maryz

jane, good luck with the squirrels.  I HATE the little @@#$%^s! John had a system that worked to keep all but the most athletic and agile off the feeders. Margaret put a coating of Vaseline on the pole, and that worked for a while. So it'll work, if you apply it regularly.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

JeanneP

There has to be something that you could wrap around the pole. You would be putting vasoline on every day. hot weather would melt it fast. See if hardware has some of that mesh wire and wrap the pole in it. screen wire would work also. their nails would stick in that so couldn't climb
I was out today. Got all those books back to library. Did some card buying  for Grads. one birthday. Got so hot that I had to just come home.
 Will go to drug store about 7 tonight. Be cooler.
I went by the court house and about 30 people still standing there waving their poles. No idea what for. Something to do I suppose. I for one has gotten tired of the whole thing. Its gotten out of hand. Taken over television. I
 don't understand why smashing all the monuments. Kids know little about history now to start with. After this there will not be any.
 They are now bringing up what was done to the American Indians years and years ago. Soon it will be the Mexican War and they will be tearing down the Alamo. Gone with the wind not to be ever shown again. Crazy....
JeanneP

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen.  I'm dressed for my morning walk and will do that shortly.  I am going 3 blocks down hill and 3 blocks back up.  Going down is easy, but coming back up usually means some puffing and panting on the way back up.

It's cooler here in Auburn this morning.  I am hoping it will stay cool while I'm walking and then I plan to stay inside the rest of the day unless it is warm enough to do a little yard work.

I hope Every Buddy is OK and that all of you Buddies have a nice day.  Take care and if it gets too hot, perhaps you can walk later in the afternoon.

Sue

JeanneP

Jane.  I am about to try and wipe of S and F and re-enter again. So much trouble with it for awhile. Will not hold a screen. Will not go to New but opens up far back so have to keep trying to hold the scroll steady
 After giving a reply then I have to use the top corner arrow in order to go to the next forum I need to read. Also if someone is typing something in and i clik to send my it comes up for me to resend and sometimes it just vanishes.

Glad you are back Sue and it was just your computer. That is quite a walk for you today. It just gets to hot right  now for me. The mask wearing beginning to get worse. Had to wear it yesterday both in the store and another place and on and off outside. I get little sick if in the heat. LOts more people not putting them on now.
JeanneP

jane

Saturday Noon Greetings!

Sue...good to see you...you're so consistent with your walk. I wish I was.

Jeanne...good to be aware of your surroundings when so much going on.

Mary...the &^%$ squirrels JUMP up on the feeder...and skip trying to go up the pole ...just leap from, I think, the concrete birdbath.  I'll have to get my nephew to move that sucker so the little devils can't do the flying squirrel routine!!

I need to go out to Farm FLeet for some more sunflower hearts, but the flower shop called and they have a delivery for me, so I'll wait for that.  I suspect it's the niece and nephew with an arrangement for Ray's birthday tomorrow.

It's wonderfully cool here this morning that I needed a light wind breaker when I started my walk to town and back.  By the end, the jacket was wrapped around my middle.

I also moved my potted geraniums in the back.  Something got into one and broke off the new buds. 

Nothing else new or exciting here. 

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

SharonE

Hi Gals, Sorry I've been AWOL for a couple days. Don't know why exactly.  We went to the grocery yesterday and got stuff for brkfs and lunches. Also got a rack of ribs pre-cooked that I heated up for dinner. Institutional food gets boring. They only fix lunch on Sunday, so I put a turkey breast in the crock pot to cook. Had brought it from our other house. We didn't get it used up. I'll add some noodles and prepared mashed potatoes for dinner. That's the most cooking I've done since we moved.

Brian is coming 6/25 to get all the stuff out of storage that we put there for him and Jonathan. It will be good to see him. I'm not sure if Brookdale will let him in though. If not, we'll meet him somewhere.

I've spent a lot of time reading this week. Read one Sidney Sheldon book. I thought I had read all of his long ago, but didn't remember it.

Sue, glad you're back with us. Tell Tim thank you.

Jane, glad you're cooler now. Bet a squirrel tried to bury something in your geranium pot.  We had trouble with them getting into bird food about 6 ft high on the window, so John has moved it another 2 feet. We're also adding cayenne to the seed. Birds don't mind it, but animals do.

Mary, hope you aren't as bored as I am.

Hi to all, Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  Tim called me about 30 minutes ago to check on me.  We had a nice talk and I was glad to hear from him.  I had wanted to go outside for my morning walk, but haven't made it yet!  So I'll be outside walking shortly. I must remember to take my face mask that Tim made some time ago and will wear that, too.  So far I've been able to walk down hill and up without anyone else walking at the same time I'm walking.  However there is a man who walks the same time, but always goes to the other side of our street when he catches up with me.

Not much else going on here today.  I'm ready to get outside and walk down hill and back.  Going down is easy, but coming back up requires my attention! 

I hope every Buddy is feeling well this morning and that you have a great day!
Sue

jane

Good to see Sharon and Sue here since I was here last.

Today is a hard day for me...Ray's 85th birthday.  My sister called to see how I was doing and I called Ray's sister who thought tomorrow was the 14th.     

I'm trying to follow Sue's example and walk everyday, and I did today as it was quite pleasantly mild out.  So, I walked this morning to town and on down to the river to see if anybody was kayaking but nobody out this morning.

Next week it's supposed to be hot and humid.... ugh!

jane

maryz

Lots of hugs, jane. As too many of us know, we miss them every day.

Sue, it's good to see you back.  Thanks to Tim for checking on your computer and keeping up with you.

Sharon, we're finally getting back to the dining room, sort of, tomorrow. It's be only for lunch and supper (still breakfast in our apartments), and only one person to a table.

Today was VERY special!  Jesse and Darby brought Henry by to visit.  :smitten:  It was only through the windows, but exceptional in any case. He looks much older than just a bit more than three weeks. They'll be going to the beach with us in about a month, so we'll all get to hold him then. For those of you on FB, Jesse posted a picture I took for me, and it's on my timeline.

jane

Mary...hurrah on seeing Baby and getting back to dining room...even if only one to a table.  I know you're looking forward to the beach next month.

It was nice to have a few days of moderate temps and give ac a break.  I did my laundry last night before we are back to 90s this week.

Have a safe and healthy Monday,

Jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've been up for a while, fixed and ate oatmeal, dressed for outside and walked down the hill (3 blocks long) and back.  One of my neighbors who is mid 90's was sitting out on her shady driveway with her "helper".  So I stopped to talk with her.  She's the big bridge player here in town--and often plays more than twice a day.  And she wins most of the time!

My plan for the rest of the day is to stay inside now.  It's already a scorcher outside!  I have a number of books to read.  Bill and Dawn have been sending me Naval novels and I now have about 15 ready to read.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy---and stay inside if it's terribly hot where you live.
Sue

JeanneP

I just got back from Walmarts. More than usual in  for 10:30am. Most seem to have mask on as most people where older. The young seem to be the ones not wanting to wear. They are stopping some at the door but seem pretty lax about it.
So far it is 75 deg.
Now I for one am not a hugger. Never have been only maybe when children small. Never really saw it done until I came to the US and still don't when I go back. Seems here people hug people that the don't even know but just meeting.  Also never care to shake hands either. Glad to hear that will go. Give me a awful feeling when Dr. come in room for appt. and stick out the hands. Never know what he was doing prior or if he washed after last patient. I know they dont because I have seen them come right out of one room into another. So I guess I am one that doesn't care to be touched that much other than close family.
JeanneP

Marilyn

Keith and I went to Walmart yesterday morning. Not  many peoplemthere at the time we went. We watched a couple of movies on Netflis and Amazon and just hung out together for the most part. We haven't done that in quite a while as I spend a lot of time on my computer. I also made up my own recipe for a light cheesecake. It turned out real good.

Today I went out with my friend from up the street to look for her lost dog. The dog was found and taen to the Vet where here tags were from. Anpther friend's dog passed away around 2 am today.  Oh gosh that makes me so sad.

Well it is time for me to feed the animals and shut down this computer for the day.

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy!  I'm up and dressed and ready to go outside for my morning walk.  Tim just called to tell me that the Molly Maids will be here this morning, so I'm putting a tag on my door so they can come in and get started if they get here early.

I hope every Buddy is feeling well today and has good weather for going outside.  I don't mind staying inside (some!) but do like to be outside when it is sunny. 

Have a nice day Every Buddy and enjoy!
Sue

jane

Good to see Jeanne, Marilyn, and Sue here this morning.  It's sunny and to get quite warm today.  I did follow Sue's pattern and did a walk yesterday, including by the park that's now open for the kids.
 Several were on the swings and it was good to hear their chatter and laughter. 

The pool was open, too, for swim lessons, and I could see little people walking...well...running   ;D ...around the edge.  I think the pool opens for all in the next few weeks.

Today I have the dreaded 6 month checkup and cleaning at the dentist.  I HATE going, but it needs to be done.  I don't want to lose any teeth, though my mouth is full of crowns. 

I did get a bit of motivation to clean up my one upstairs bedroom that's more storage than anything...and have 4 bags to go to Goodwill. They're loaded into the car, and  I think I'll take them over to the closest location....15 miles west...later this week. 

Take care of YOURSELF, stay safe and healthy,

jane

SharonE

I hate sharing a den. John's always in here, half the time listening to Fox News--Yuck.

It's raining and supposed to all day. No walk today. I was up to 3 AM again last night/morning.

Jane, yes, I said I used Voltaren Gel and need to get some more since it is now OTC. I called in 2 RX's and they had neither. One will be ready today. The other Friday. I really need the one today but can wait on the other.  I send you HUGS for the sadness and memories you are experiencing on Ray's birthday. It must be very hard for all of you who are widowed.

I found where a NC DMV is, so when we go to the dentist Thurs (Yep, us too), we'll go and try to get our new driver's license, voter's registration,  & new plates. Wish us luck on getting it all done. I got my voter's registration when I changed my PO address.

No other news here.  Jeanne, I'm a hugger as are most people here in the south, so it's a change for me.

Marilyn, glad you and Keith got to spend some time together.

Mary, how wonderful to see the baby!  And the family beach outing too!  Lucky!  It would be nice to eat in the dining room even if it is 1 to a table.

Sue, how nice to have the Molly Maids again. We are supposed to have an hour of cleaning tomorrow and hopefully someone to come in and mop the tile. It needs it.

Hi to everyone else I didn't mention.  Stay safe and healthy. Sharon

jane

Good Wednesday morning, Beautiful Buddies!

Sharon...hope your dentist visit is a good one.

Darlene...everything ok in TX?

Sue and Mary..you are so wise to stay careful...all you gals in the South have the virus spiking.

Jeanne....we're getting very hot here today and tomorrow...I assume you are, too.

Alpiner...are those fires in S. Calif near you? 

I survived the dentist yesterday...my new guy...former one retired after we'd "been together" for 35 years...I first saw him the first or second week he opened a practice here in town.  New young guy is very kind and great chairside personality.  He's also gentle, which I appreciate.  I do have one small cavity at the base of a crown, but he says he can do it with the laser and save the crown.  Happy $$$ about that!And appt is next week.

I did some more cleaning of my "spare" room...put things away in open shelves since cleaning out most of Ray's clothing and went through my yarn stash to donate yarns I know I won't use. 

My one tv has gone wonky, so I called them and got part way through the automated helper until she insisted I see a "display" on my cable box.  Nope, mine doesn't have a display, so I pushed 0 on the off chance that would get me off the automated...and a real person answered and solved my problem quickly.  HURRAH!!

I think I'll add this last bag of donations and head over to the Good Will after a bit and drop these all off.

Take care and stay healthy.

jane

jane

I've tried twice now to add to the post above, and it simply won't save it.

I was surprised at my dentist when the "pay here" lady said they'd give a 5% discount for paying in full by check or a 3% for paying in full by credit card!  The last time I was there, it sounded as if they'd add a surcharge possibly for using a credit card.  Guess they figure getting the money at once is better than bits and pieces...or maybe nothing.  That works for me.
 With the prices the dentist charge, I can imagine the size of a bill for a family.  Whewee.

jane

Cottoncandy

[/Good morning ladies....Jane all is well in my spot....hot temps and numbers on virus increasing....I am going to my daughters for the weekend...but we will be staying in...at her house...Hi..to all reading...better get busy...stay safesize]

SCFSue

Good morning, Jane and Darlene and whoever else is looking in this morning.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen and am planning a walk down the hill soon.  I enjoy going down the hill, but am not fond of walking back up!  It's three long blocks all uphill and not much fun.

I don't think Tim and Kris will be over here this morning.  I don't need them to go to the grocery store for anything and I'm sure they have other things going on.

I had a phone call from my friend in South Carolina.  She and her hubby were here about a month ago while they were traveling nearby.  Colleen and I have been friends since our Navy days.  Her first hubby died from a heart attack while playing baseball.  She has since remarried and they visited me about a month ago when they had been traveling nearby.

Not much else going on here today.  I'm going outside for my morning walk downhill (about 3 long blocks) and will try to find something else to do after that!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

JeanneP

I really started out early today. Made a run to Aldi (just down the street) Was surprise only about 4 people in. they have. some of the small A/C in that go on your counter. Been waiting to see them. I just do not like a fan going in my bedroom. My reg. A/c always seems to make my joint in shoulder hurt if I sleep in it. Do have ceiling fans in all rooms. This little thing suppose to just cool 100 sq ft. and will go on low. So will see. I think I am in for the day now. Will be 88 deg soon.

Jane. I am now calling my spare bed room the dump room. Such a mess with bag sthat need to go to Salt and Light. All my rugs  have been cleaned but not going to put down until carpets cleaned and house put back together. I just took a printer out to S and L the other night. They have big cartons to put things in all outside. I have to go through closets and get rid of more clothes. Just can't get in the mood.
Now did you buy a new TV. I still have that mobile phone that I can't get set up right. Good person at  Target but not there right now. Best buys not open only on line. One lady at Walmarts says to come in and will see what she can do. I am still a little afraid about standing so close and talking . Cant get anywhere on line with the phone company. May end up just tossing it.

Time to make a good beef stew. Sound hot but that is what I feel I want. Had to pay $9.95 a lb for stew beef this morning. its Prime though so will just use half if it for now. Make enough for 2 meals.  Made some broc. cream soup for lunch.
JeanneP

JeanneP

Maybe not be on tomorrow  and so a little more.

Nothing to cheer us up happening today.

Made some broc. cream soup for lunch. I made that last night. usually have it with a slice of home made Pizza but I am out of that.
Son in Law came to town to do my yard yesterday. He does a great job but just has to get  going back home. This time i made him sit for half hour on the porch with a big glass of ice water and half a pizza that I had from the day before. Got him sitting for 45 min. Amazing for him. He and daughter eat everything out or phone ordered. So anytime I can feed him home food I try to do it. He just does so much for anyone who wants something doing since he retired. Since my yard man passed this year he wants to come 35 miles to do mine. Will not take a no from me.
By the way on my yard man. He passed now 10 days ago. Going to be cremated and family told me it will be close to 5 months before it can be done. They are so backed up that hv. 3 cold truck containers running with bodies stored in them. Trucks that usual transport veg and stuff from Mexico. Hard to believe how things are. They say even longer in New York and Chicago. And people still will go around in crowds without a Mask on.
JeanneP

SharonE

Hi Gals. We're off to the dentist at 1:00, then to find the DMV afterwards. We have to drive about 20 or more miles to go to the dentist, but since we usually only see her every 6 months, it's not too bad. She's really good and can even make a crown in the office while you wait!

The cleaning girl came this AM and got my baths and kitchen tile all mopped. They really needed it. We left all our mops behind because they said the cleaning girls had them.

Jeanne, I'm so glad your sil is doing your yard work. It's nice that you feed him too.

Jane, it sounds like you have gotten most of everything cleaned out to give to Goodwill and make space in your extra bedroom.

Sue, I have trouble with hills too.  Have you thought about using a cane?

I think all of us are going looney with little human      contact. I know I am.

I did drive down to the pharmacy yesterday, but I am still unsure of myself on directions. I am directionally handicapped and have no GPS. Eventually, I'll figure it out. I know the major roads, but not the smaller ones.

Jane, my pharmacy didn't have Voltaren Gel yet. Hope you have better luck.

Darlene, I hope it cools down for you soon. We've had 3 cool days, but it is warming up again and supposed to be 92 on Sunday

Have a good day. Sharon

jane

Sharon...I saw the Voltaren gel at WalMart .  I forgot to get it when I was there for a few groceries.

Jeanne...nice of sil to come over to help you.

Very hot and humid today...temp in mid 90s!

I did some more clearing out of my "spare" room....have another bag of clothes to donate, and I have some old electronic whatever to get rid of at a recycle thing.  I did keep the shower chair, light aluminum walker and 4 wheel rollater walker we'd bought for Ray.  I figure I'll need them at some point.

I went down to the Pub for lunch today....I like their crispy chicken salad...big enough I bring 1/2 home for another meal. 

Stay cool, safe, and healthy,

Jane

maryz

Sorry, Gals, I've been bad about not writing. Maybe I'm just in the summer, pre-beach doldrums.  Our trip is still on. Most of the grandkids won't be able to be there, so it sounds like we'll have a great big house, with not very many people, but it's still the beach. AND we'll have Jesse, Darby, and Henry (the new baby)!

I just got to see a photo of Henry's month-older cousin, Alden. He has a big, real smile on his face, and is SO cute. Margaret ("GrandMaggie"} is going to get to go to Atlanta tomorrow to see him for the first time. She's really excited!

Margaret took me to the cardiology office yesterday for a pacemaker check. All is OK there, and I don't need to see them again for a year.  Our eating in the dining room is going well. Things are a little confused because we are all so spread out. It'll all get to working more smoothly eventually. And I guess eventually, they'll let us back to several at a table (usually 3-4).

Our forecast for the next few days calls for temps in the 90s, too. I'm glad I don't have to be out in it. Right now, I'm in a knitting mood. Margaret keeps buying me sock yarn, and I've been working on them. Somebody is always willing to wear them, so they're never here for long.  :thumbup:

Stay cool, Buddies! (and those of you who can, keep up the walking!)