Random Image

Parade-9.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:13:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharonE

Hi Gals. I've actually got the den to myself today. John had a blood draw at his doctor's (routine) and scheduled his car work for afterwards. Apparently, his collision bag needed replacing. I just took Bunny out. I'm so glad I bought a doggie do picker-upper before we move. I just can't do the bending.

Both John and I got a good bill of health from the dentist
 yesterday. We did find the DMV, but they have 2 separate ones--one for plates and one for licenses. We found both, but it was so late we decided to do it another day. Nothing else on the calendar today unless the other cleaning lady comes.

That's good to know, Jane, that WM has the gel. Unfortunately, I have no idea of where there is a WM anywhere near hear. I think you are smart saving the invalid items for "just in case".

Jeanne, you mentioned your dump room. Once you start putting stuff in there, it grows like topsy and if you ever move, you will have a terrible job cleaning it out. We didn't have a "dump" room, but sorting through everything we had was awful. Get started on it while you are healthy.

Hi Sue, Darlene, Alpiner, & Mary. Hope you all have a good day.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but that's all I've done this morning.  I am going outside shortly for my 3 block walk downhill and 3 blocks back up.  Going down is easy, but coming back up is tough!  Yesterday when I walked down I saw my neighbor sitting outside with her helper, so I stopped to talk (and to catch my breath!).  I have a mask that Tim made for me and I wear that when I'm walking.

I'm not planning to do much today.  I have some yard work that I'll piddle with, but not much more than that. 

I hope every Buddy has a good day.  Enjoy and try to stay cool!
Sue

jane

This box is jumping around on me again.  I'm still cleaning out my spare room and filling bags for goodwill. Very overcast and humid.  I have a sinus headache and I think I'll go nap a bit.

Jane

alpiner1

Oldest son asked  his dad what he would like to do for Father's Day  . Norm said he would like them to come to our home & bring a pizza .  I'm planning on making a trip to the store to get salad ingredients this afternoon .  Youngest son lives at home , middle son is working ,, daughter lives in another state & another son lives 500 miles from us  .  For social distancing Norm is extending the diningroom table .
/size]

maryz

Sounds like a great day, alpiner!  Enjoy.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

A late good morning from me here in Auburn!  I have been sleeping later each day as I am reading in my bedroom after my bath!  I have about fifteen Master and Commander naval novels and enjoy them a lot.  Jack Aubrey, the main character is in every book and he always manages to have pretty good adventures for every book. 

I am planning another walk outside shortly.  I try to go down the three blocks daily and then walk back up afterwards.  I'm afraid I spend too much time inside reading, but I can usually hear a novel calling my name!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy!
Sue

jane

Alpiner...sounds like a good plan for tomorrow.

Hello to Sue and Mary, too!

We went to the new Mexican Restaurant last night With both other couples.  First time since March.  And I'm under the weather today.  I think it's turning into a sinus thing, so will start the nasal rinse thing. 

Jane

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone...got home today from my visit with daughter...we just sheltered in at her place...Jane...I have sinus problems often...do you use the Nettie pot rinse..? Sue..I missed walking ...but will make up for it this week..if it's not to hot..Alpner I agree with Jane on your family plan....Hi to Mary Sharon Jeanne and all others...Darlene

JeanneP

To hot to go out today. I don't usually do on a Saturday anyway. I like Sunday to go do what i need.
Now I am sleeping much longer these days. Have since March with about 9 hours a night and a hour after lunch. So feeling good.

Now my ENT dr has cancelled 3 times. Usually go twice a year to get the Ear Wax treatment done and also start of April my Sinus area checked. I have had sinus problems from being young. I use to use the Balloon thing starting March and about 3 years ago he told me to get the Bottle Nasal  rinse with the powder that you mix in it. Has worked great for me as I go ahead every morning and do it and then later in the day along with doing it before going to bed. Not had any problem this spring. Maybe not going out much as helped.
 Mine Is Grass when people cut. Some  trees  and evergreens.      and Roses are the worse. I cant be around any flower at all. Never could go to funeral homes.flower shops.
Not within long distance of Cats. Been really hard for years as lots of my friend had cats and I love Cat Shows . The go to all of them and I can't.
It has been cancelled this year. Was thinking maybe a mask would help but doubt it.
I am going to call Monday to see if they can take care of doing my ears at the Large Clinic as they are doing most things in Tents outside. Hearing not the best right now.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Good morning, Jeanne and Every One looking in.  I've been up for a while, have read the morning newspaper, and am getting hungry!  I am going to make some oatmeal for my breakfast and hope it will keep me satisfied until lunch time. 

Not much else going on here today.  I am planning a 3 block walk down hill shortly.  It's easy going down, but more of a struggle coming back up the hill.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

JeanneP

Such a storm last night and again this morning and so cooled down a little. I may get some walking done today.
We had the youngest in my area die 2 days ago. Age 37 and he worked for Amazon. Now it makes me feel like I don't want to be ordering on Line anymore. I did get a packet yesterday. Quickly tore the package up. Washing hands right away. i need my special Shampoo but I got on line and saw that the Vitamin  shop here in town have 2 bottle and so I called them and will pick up tomorrow. Just never been in that shop before. They will bring curb or you can go in. May see if any Tech. in Target also to check phone.
JeanneP

SharonE

Good morning, Gals. We didn't do much for Faather's Day yesterday. The kids all called and sent cards of course.  Brian is driving down on Friday with his truck, and getting a U-Haul to take all the stuff in storage to Jonathan and his own house. I hate to have him drive all that way, but no other way to get it. We will meet him Friday AM at the storage place. He will load it all and John has a dr's appt nearby, then we'll all go out for take out lunch and eat at the outside tables, probably at Panera. We haven't seen him since TG. Have no idea when we will see him and the other kids again as I'm afraid to fly with the virus. Melanie is all packed up and ready for the movers the 2nd or 3rd, then she is off to FL. I presume they will put everything in their new house and live in the smaller one till they get the roof replaced and a mesh lanai covering over the pool. Once they get things moved into the new house, they will put the smaller one up for sale. It should sell quickly as they did quite a bit of reno on it 2 yrs ago. Somewhere in there, they promise to drive up here to see us, but we still have a no visitors policy in place. I'll be so glad to get the pandemic behind us so we can get out and meet people. I've met a few people who pass by on the street, but can't really get acquainted that way.

Jane, sorry you have sinus problems again. That is one thing I am not bothered with--one of the few.

Jeanne, they say that if you leave anything delivered 3 days before touching it, the virus is gone if it's there.

Mary, when do you leave for the beach?

Sue, I read till 12:30 last night as I wanted to finish the book I was reading, a Macomber novel.

Alpiner, how nice your son could come yesterday.

Darlene, nice you were with your daughter. Don't walk too far if it's hot. It was 92 here yesterday!

Hi to Marilyn and anyone else I've missed.  Sharon

jane

Sue...stay safe on your walks, and it sounds as if you do.

Sharon...it is hard not seeing people.  I wish we could start bridge again in next few months. 

Finally...rain!  It went all around us Fri and Sat..but last night t'storms arrived, and it's been raining and in the 60s.  More t'storms coming this afternoon, I see.  We needed the rain badly.

I have my ac on because the humidity is so awful.

Still on a clearing out binge.  I'm tackling my sewing stand...one of those multi tier wood things and what a mess.  Lots of threads being donated, etc.  For someone who doesn't sew, I have far more than I need! :crazy2:

jane

It's been a quiet day here (both online and here at home).  I did get the blasted sewing box cleaned out and found I have extra elastic, etc. so I can make some of my own foldover masks, if I need them.
 I put all the threads into plastic bags to donate to Good Will.  There may be quilters out that that could use the thread, maybe.  It's wonderful to open it and see what I have.

I had an easy meal of smoked sausage and potatoes, so I'm comfortable for tonight.  It's still wet out there and maybe more rain coming, but had nice gentle, all day that'll really help the plants...and the crops.

Nothing else new here.  Guess  I need to check my bank balances and get my checkbook up to date.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Jane and Every Buddy looking in this morning.  I've had breakfast and read the morning paper, but haven't done much else.  I want to get outside to walk down hill and back up, but so far haven't done that!

It's sunny here this morning and I think it will be pretty hot, too.  I need to put my shoes on and get outside for my walk down hill and up.  It's 3 blocks down and 3 blocks back up.  Sometimes I see a neighbor sitting outside with her helper and I stop and chat with them before coming home.

Kris and Arden (her mom) picked me up to go to Kris and Tim's house for lunch which Tim was cooking.  He does most of the cooking.  As usual it was pretty yummy and I enjoyed my visit with the 3 of them. 

Nothing new going on here today.  I'm going to put my shoes and socks on to walk down the hill and back up.  I think I'll stay inside most of the day after that.  It's pretty hot here already this morning.  I have a lot of my Master and Commander naval novels here to read today and probably tomorrow too.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy--and try to stay cool if that is possible!
Sue

maryz

Sharon, our beach week is 11-18 July. Sue is planning to drive over here from SC on Friday, and will drive me down on Saturday. Margaret will come with her car load of Jesse, Darby, and Henry (no room for Great-grandma and beach stuff  ;D ).

jane, it's always best to just do a little cleaning at a time.  And to finally get rid of things you know you won't use - making those decisions is what's hard.

I wish I had the fortitude to walk every day like many of y'all do. I'm usually content to just sit and knit (or "computer") most of the time. I did lose a bunch of weight last fall with all the medical issues - and I haven't gained any of it back ... yet. That's a good thing, though.

I'm hoping I will get my hair cut tomorrow!!! Can't remember if I told y'all this or not, but there was an "outside" gal here last week doing hair and I think I'm on the list for a haircut. I certainly hope so.

Happy Tuesday to ALL the Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Marilyn

Hello Buddies. I am working on trying to get Keith's sons to take him for a few days  so I can go to Gilbert's new place in California for a much needed break. Just waiting for them to pick the dates when they can all get together to help take care of him. I just worry about him traveling without me out of his comfort zone.

I really had a rough night last night with about 12 hours in AFib, no sleep, When I got up this morning the heart rate was back down to about 66.

The weather here is so beautiful. I did take Freckles out for a walk already and about due to take her again. I hope you are sll doing well.

jane

Beautiful day here...mild, but may get rain later today.

Sue....good for you walking and nice to have lunch with the kids.

Marilyn...I hope the boys come up with some dates soon for you to get a break. 

Mary..you're right...a little at a time is all I can manage.  I have 3 more bags to take over to GoodWill...some clothes, som Christmas wrapping paper, tags, etc., and some threads and sewing stuff. 

I did a short walk this morning, and then off to WalMart for a few items. I just realized I forgot bird seed, so something for tomorrow. :smitten:

Stay healthy,
Jane

maryz

Marilyn, hope you get things worked out with Keith's sons. I know you need a break occasionally.

And, some questions about aFib.  Since I got my pacemaker and new valves (or even before that - I don't know), they tell me I'm in aFib all the time. I don't know what that's supposed to feel like that - especially since I'm supposedly in it all the time.  None of the docs or techs seem particularly concerned about it, other than mentioning it.  Any thoughts?

SharonE

Mary and Marilyn, I thought A-fib was serious and could lead to a stroke, but I may be completely wrong. Google it on Web MD or Mayo's.

Marilyn, I think it will be super for you if the boys take Keith for a few days. I know you need a break.

Mary, I'm sure you are counting the days down to the beach holiday. Your girls are all so good about taking you, etc.

Jane, I cleaned my sewing box out before we moved and donated the one I still had of Mom's. A little at a time is the way to do it. John wanted everything done yesterday and pushed me way too hard till I finally had a meltdown. My back and legs just won't let me do too much at a time.

Sue, I was up to 11:30 last night finishing a Danielle Steele book.

The DMHC (doctors making house calls) doctor came yesterday. I still don't know if I will keep her. It sure is more convenient.  I have a urology referral next Tues due to all my UTI's. Hope he can do something.

We are getting tested for Covid at noon today. They are testing all the Independent living residents today. Then my 1 hour cleaning girl is to come.

It is sunny and a little cooler today.

Hi to everyone I didn't mention. Have a good day.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Sharon and Every Buddy looking in.  I've been up and dressed for a while, but still need to eat my breakfast and take my downhill/uphill walk this morning.  I usually walk at least 3 blocks down and 3 blocks back up again.  Sometimes I stop at my neighbor's house if her helper has brought her outside to enjoy the sunshine.

Not much else going on here today.  My days are pretty boring!  I hope Every Buddy is having nice weather and are able to get outside to enjoy the weather.

Sue

maryz

Glad you getting more settled in, Sharon.  And getting tested. It'll take about 10 days to get results, at least it did here.  I think I'll have to have another one when I get back from our beach week.

I GOT A HAIRCUT THIS MORNING!!!!  YEA!  It could be even shorter, but it's SOOOOO much better!

Happy Wednesday, Buddies!

Marilyn

Mary A Fib is when only the upper two chambers are beating and are not in sync with the 2 ventricle chambers. For me my heart begins to  beat very fast and my chest hurts, I can feel my heart beat in my ears.

Jane yes it can cause clots to form and cause a stroke. That is why I am on Eliquis which is specifically for A fib.

I am not sure a pacemaker will help to regulate the heart rate but it is a possibilty that I will discuss with my Dr. People can live a normal life and life span with a Fib.

The boys and wives are working on dates and possibly shifts ( they think he needs constant watching, he doesn't) I had to write them another email to set them straight that he isn't as bad as they think he is in my opinion. My friend Jo and her boyfriend will take Keith to Eugene to meet with one of the wives and then go back to Eugene to pick him up and bring him home Eugene is about 100 miles from here.

JeanneP

Has anyone now given the o.k for w10 to go ahead and run the updates on their  computers ? It must be going to take over 4 hours , mine is now showing 75 pct after 3 hrs. Might as well do it as it kept popping up asking.
JeanneP

jane

Wrote a post...and poof...it's gone.

Jeanne....I always allow W10 to do whatever updates it deems necessary when it does it. 

Mary...AFIB seems to vary a great deal, person to person.  I have a friend who's had multiple "ablations"....long surgeries where they do in and zap parts of her heart to stop the racing...doc says like pealing an onion..and she's had the pacemaker and she's had multiple "cardioversions"...and she still has racing issues she can feel.  Some people don't feel theirs.
 She can't take the meds some people can use.

I did my walk this morning, blew the leaves out of the garage, and then took 3 more bags to Good Will...some clothes, some Christmas wrapping stuff and some threads...and then stopped in town for lunch.  Home now to read the afternoon away.

The South is really getting drilled with all the upticks in the virus.  Stay safe there, Buddies.  Those who said it would disappear with the heat, were obviously wrong.  110 in Phoenix and the virus is exploding there.

Stay safe,

jane

maryz

I don't have any of the symptoms you mentioned, so ...   I am taking several medications for my blood pressure, warfarin as a blood thinner, diuretics, etc., and like I said, none of the doctors seem to be very perturbed about it. They just monitor things. Thanks for the info.

JeanneP

I do believe now that the more health insurance you carry then they more doctors will go to work trying things.
 I had one thing this past year in a nerve in my thigh. Got xrays. MRI, passed me to 4 different specialist.. Finely one that I had years ago said Jeanne, I will give you a exercise. (He is a sports Dr.) do it and take some Ibrophin for a week and see what happens. Darn this went away and not had it since.. All that was done showed up costing about $7000. 
Most of the older Dr. are now gone. At least in my area. One place Christie. has about 189 and Carle hospital/clinic I believe Iread. 227 all together. Along with the Catholic Hospital and a big Cancer /Breast clinic. I have been here now 50 years Been very lucky and not needed to many but right now. I cant even get my 6 monthly ear wax problem taken care of. Cancelled me 3 times.
 Last time I skipped June and went to Dec. It now cancelled. I just use ENT and Eyes every 6 months. was 4 Dr. in the Eye and now down to the one I have had for 20 years. ENT had 4 and lost the 2 that  were again, mine for 25 years at least. Just everything seems to be saying. All due the epidemic. Most simple things can't be done. Crazy.
Woops, my water boiling . got to go.
JeanneP

jane

Mary...I think the important thing is your Docs know and you go regularly and do what they tell you.  I really think that's the key to staying on top of health issues. 

Jeanne...some of the younger docs seem more informed of the latest ways and have better patient kindness than some of the older ones, I've found.  I think it's important to like your doc and that's not always easy. 

We had a teeny tiny bit of rain...and lots of thunder, but it's all sunny now.

jane

alpiner1

I had to cancel many dr. appts. because of the virus so now I have 4 to tend to . I have a mammogram next wee with a follow up dr. visit for the results thankfully its all in one morning ! The next week I have see the dentist  , primary dr. & the dermatologist .  I have a couple of precancerous spots on my face that need to be removed .
We have had church service for the past 3 Sundays . The congregation is about 25 to 30 so we can space our selves with no problem .

maryz

HOORAY!! We're back in! Nothing exciting to report, but we hate to be not connected, don't we.

alpiner, I'm way overdue for my mammogram, but I guess that'll have to wait a while longer.

Daughter Margaret has been having a lot of trouble with her neck and shoulder again. She had neck surgery to fuse a couple of her cervical vertebrae about 2 years age. Now she's scheduled for an MRI and a nerve conduction study. She definitely doesn't want to let it go too long without getting it checked.

Our weather pattern has definitely turned into the summer usual - hot and humid - highs near 90, partly cloudy, humid, and a chance of late afternoon thundershowers.

Have a good weekend, Buddies!