Random Image

beverly

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:24:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

Good morning, Buddies! 

Fog, drizzle, cold (30s) here...so I'll be inside.

Mary...hurrah for seeing the girls and baby!

Sharon... stay safe...good news on eyes.

I think I'll take out some ham for tomorrow. 

Stay safe, all!

Jane

jane

I should just put giant ditto marks here....same as my post above.....30s, gloomy, raining and I'm inside! 

Maybe I'll root around in the basement and find a few Christmas decorations....or maybe not.   :uglystupid2:  :2funny:

Jane

maryz

Ditto marks here, too!  We're SOOOOO exciting!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Cottoncandy

Just a quick hello and to wish everyone a Safe happy healthy Thanksgiving...and..family time...when possible....I have my small tree up and have decorated my mantle a little....take care ......

Marilyn

jane

maryz

HAPPY TIME WITH (or without) FAMILY!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Good Morning, Mary and turkey stuffed Buddies!

I ate supper via FaceTime with Wisc family...we visited for two hours, the 3 of us.

Also had FaceTime with Sister...who had cooked for the two of them.  Everyone in both family groups stayed safe with just those who live in their houses. 

Cold here today, but I'll be inside with football.

Stay safe and healthy!

Jane

maryz

Hope everybody had a good day yesterday - however you spent it.  Definitely nothing exciting around here - which is a good thing.

I was checking on the procedure for leaving here for the day - and it turns out I don't have to do anything special. Since I'm not going to be gone more than 48 hours and just going to Margaret's, I don't have to have a test when I get back, and don't even have to quarantine more than usual.

So I'll just have to behave while I'm gone. Except for probably eating too much. Thanksgiving usuals are about my most favorite foods, especially the stuffing and cranberry relish (not the canned stuff) and the raw vegetables for salads.

Hugs to all the Buddies!

SharonE

Hi Gals! And HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING. I DIDN'T GET IN TO WISH IT TO YOU, BUT YOU KNOW THE WISHES WERE IN MY HEART!

Our meal was delivered from the main dining room in styrofoam as usual, so I took it out of that and put it on nice dishes with matching goblets and wine and a nice centerpiece. So we felt like we had a holiday meal. The girls each video called and we had nice chats. Brian didn't call, but I expect that was because his boys were home from college and he was smoking the turkey. He'll probably call later.  We talked to both of John's sisters too.

We donated our larger Christmas tree when we moved, so bought a 4.5' one that John has put up in front of half of of the sliding glass doors to the balcony. We haven't decorated it yet though. I have decorated our table and put out the creche which is always the first thing I do. There are still several things to put out and find, among them a pine drape for the fireplace and some Christmas candles. We gave so much away, I really don't know what we still have!  We did hang the outside door wreath and it looks nice.

My cleaning girl came today and did what I couldn't do. Yesterday, I did do all the tile mopping, cleaning the vanities and toilets. She finished the rest and stripped the bed and made it. It's in the washer now.

That pretty much brings me up to date. Jane, I like that you video chatted with your family. Mary enjoy your time with Margaret and Jean.

Darlene, glad that you were with family for the holiday. For one alone, I'm sure it makes a big difference.

Have a nice weekend everyone and stay safe.  Sharon

Cottoncandy

Oh Wow...a nice new colorful site this morning..this Micheal...we are getting rain today...so much needed...had nice Thanksgiving..now Christmas not far off.....hope everyone is doing well and able to avoid the virus or the flu...have great weekend

Cottoncandy

Well...supposed to have been...THANKS...Micheal

jane

I agree, Darlene...nice uplift for these days.  You can also thank Michael where he announced this...

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?topic=844.0

Bright and sunny here, in 40s.  Tomorrow to be cold and windy, so I need to get out and walk while it's nice.

Stay safe and healthy, Buddies!

jane

alpiner1

I'm trying not to cry . One of our sons sent me a Christmas wreath  . I know he meant well & wanted to share the season with me but it reminds me of what I am missing .  My husband doesn't want a tree in the house .  He has been like this since we met .    This time of the year is very hard on me .  Son was trying to do some thing nice for me & to bring a little cheer . But it hasn't .  I thanked him but didn't let him know how I really feel .

jane

Alpiner...I'm sorry your husband's attitude/belief makes the season hard for you.  I think this happened last year, too, as I recall. 

Is there somewhere you can put the wreath for you?  For me, it's a winter decoration that stays up in the cold and snow here.

I did a short walk outside where it's chilly and windy.  Also filled up one little feeder the cardinals like.  They are so pretty!

A woman I taught with (as well as her husband and whose daughter I had as a student) died Thanksgiving night of covid and pneumonia. 

Stay safe and healthy,

Jane

Cottoncandy

[/lol....Mary and Jane...I laughed at your ditto marks....that's me too...and now that the holiday was in middle of week...be mixed up on what day it is.....life's a rerun.......yes Sharon enjoy my family sooo much.....Alpiner..hope you figure out a way to hang at least a wreath for holidays....I'm lazy today...so will continue my day.......be safe...well...and happysize]

alpiner1

Yes , it happens every year .  I had the wreath hung on the front door .  Son really goes all out for Christmas & decorates the outside of their home with lights & decorations .  He also decorates for Halloween & usually has hundreds of trick or treaters stop by .

maryz

alpiner, sorry you and your husband haven't found a compromise about Xmas.  I agree with the others - a wreath mainly just signifies winter-time - only Xmas by putting decorations on it.

jane, how did the squirrel baffle work on your bird feeders? Margaret's been putting cayenne pepper on my feed (sunflower seeds), and the squirrels have left it alone.

Sharon, glad you got to talk to your family. Do you Skype or just talk on the regular phone.

Darlene, and you got to do some virtual visiting, too.

It was great seeing Kate and Jean "in person", and of course, getting to hold and laugh with Henry. We were all good - stayed masked and relatively distanced. And, of course, the food was very good!

Dark and rainy today, and supposed to turn very cold tomorrow.

Stay well, Buddies!

jane

Alpiner...glad you can put the wreath on the front door.  I have one on my front door, too.  We used to put out garland, etc., but with Ray gone, I just don't do it. I do have some little snowmen and a village and wreaths for inside and a little, bitty tree we took to Texas.  I have a larger tree, but again, not in the mood this Christmas either for that.

It's quite cold here...into low 20s last night and a brisk north wind, so my walk was mainly for a bit of fresh, crisp air...and didn't last long. 

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

maryz

The temperature has gone down all day today - from 38 this morning to 33 now (3 pm).  And it's been snowing all afternoon - some sticking on the grass and rooftops, but nothing on pavement. Brrr. Crazy Tennessee weather!

alpiner1

We do  send holiday cards with gift cards or checks to our children , grandchildren & great grandchildren .   Here is a picture of the wreath .

maryz

Very pretty, alpiner.  And I LOVE your front door and glass.

alpiner1

Quote from: alpiner1 on November 30, 2020, 07:42:46 PMWe do  send holiday cards with gift cards or checks to our children , grandchildren & great grandchildren .   Here is a picture of the wreath .

The door & glass are 46 years old !

Tomereader1

Beautiful wreath, Alpiner.  Looks marvelous on that gorgeous door.

SharonE

I started this yesterday afternoon and got interrupted, so didn't finish.  Alpine, your wreath is lovely and I'm so sorry that your husband just won't agree to Christmas decorations.  Nice of your son to think of you.

We have our small tree, our creche and our wreath up and John picked up some tinsel for the mantel today. So we are set.

I still need to finish the Christmas letters though, so everyone knows our new address, etc.

Jane, sometimes we call and sometimes we skype. TG we skyped.  Brian called on Sunday. As I had supposed, he was busy with the boys and smoking the turkey on TG. 

It is 46 here which is pretty cold for us and there was to be snow in the mtns.

It's pretty much same old, same old here. I have 3 doctor's appts this week plus Bible study, so don't know when I'll post again.

Stay safe, everyone.  Sharon

maryz

We had about 2" of snow this morning - but just on the grass and roofs - none on the pavement. It was very pretty, but didn't seem to keep folks from getting to work.  The sun came out, and it got warm enough (35*) for melting to start about 11 a.m., and it was almost all gone within an hour. Such is snow in the midSouth. This is early, though.

We're slowly coming out of our quarantine. We're told we can walk in the halls, with masks of course, but not sit together in the common areas to talk. Baby steps!

Stay well and warm, Buddies!

alpiner1

Its a warm 76F , I went outside wearing a sweat shirt & came in & took it off !  We are suppose to have strong winds & its fire season !!  Every thing is so dry , hope we get through this year with no more fires !

diglady

A quick drop in to say hello.  I think you ladies will enjoy this:

https://apple.news/ApReMfGMBQzWSJa8_zT9zwA

Happy Holidays

jane

Thanks, Diglady!  Love the collars.

Alpiner...you son has great taste in wreaths.  I'm glad your husband agrees to Christmas gift cards, etc. for children and grands, etc. 

I live so far from my sister and her children and grands that I give them $$ to use as they see fit.  The Wisc family agreed not to exchange gifts anymore.  We share zoom calls and that's all I need.

No snow here, but it was bloody cold this morning...14!  I did get out for a haircut and a trip to WalMart for groceries and some other items I needed.   

Take care and stay safe and healthy!

jane

jane

Definitely December here in the upper midwest.  14 again this morning and all the way up to 22 now.  Brrrr...

I finished my holiday decorations, such as they are.  Put out my little Christmas village and so the holiday decorating is done.  Pretty downsized, but this is the best I can do this year.

I do need to make a run to town for a Christmas gift for Kathy.  She's very difficult to buy for.

Have a safe and healthy day!

jane