Random Image

Pink hat

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:29:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

Howdy one and all Buddies" Well the dream home I wanted got sold to someone else, well at least it is no pending. So we are still looking. I think I just wasn't meant to have that particular place. It gives me more time to get this hpise cleaned and packed up the non essentials for what time we have left here. I bought a battery for the corvette  now will get it washed u[ and place for sale.

SharonE

Hi Gals, I'm posting early today while I wait for my cleaning girl to come--if she comes today. She often makes it a day or two later due I think to the management of the housekeeping dept.

Marilyn, I'm sorry you didn't get the house you wanted, but like you said, it will give you more time.  Be sure to advertise the Corvette in the classic car sites. You should get good money for it. If my son lived closer to you, he would salivate over it I'm sure. He has completely restored a 68 Camaro that is his baby, but his wife wants a Corvette. Doubt that's in the budget though till the boys are both through college.

Jane, I'm glad the WM delivery works so well for you, but I'm leery of so much of their stuff coming from China and the produce in the one near us before we moved was very poor. I don't even know where a WM is near us here. HT will deliver, but John prefers to go and shop. After I get my 2nd vaccine, I may accompany him. He doesn't always get what I have on the list.

It was sunny and 58 yesterday. Really nice. Although I wasn't out other than to take Bunny out.

Melanie's husband turns 60 the 22nd and Joc (their daughter) found a site where multiple people could record videos and they are all put together and he sees them on his birthday. It's really easy to do if someone has set up the site. We did ours Monday. He didn't want a party with his friends because he is depressed at turning 60, which in Korean tradition is the beginning of old age! I'd trade him!  He's very active & healthy, bikes 30-50 miles several times a week + playing pickle ball with Mel.

This afternoon, I'm going to sort pages for each recipe book and then go over to the main bldg to borrow their 3 hole punch. Hope to have them ready by the time the binders arrive.

Take care everyone and stay safe and get vaccinated asap.  Sharon

jane

Patricia is coming down tomorrow for the weekend while her husband is off bow hunting.

Very cold here and down to teens and maybe lower thru Friday.

I watched the inauguration and enjoyed the music, the poet, and the speeches, etc. 

Jane

maryz

Sorry I've been AWOL the last couple of days - nothing much to say, and just didn't write.  I did have an eye-doctor appointment - no glaucoma problem, even without the drops for 9 months - and all was well.

I watched the moving ceremony at the Lincoln Memorial Tuesday night, and then, to my surprise, would up with the TV on all day yesterday. What a relief to have the day over without incident. And with the unusual circumstances (pandemic and potential violence) handled with such grace and dignity.

Sharon, when are you due your second shot? Mine is due on 5 Feb. Those family recipe books are always such a treat. One of my friends gave Margaret a "recipe shower" before her wedding - really good stuff there - and still being used. I know your grands will love having the book.

jane, glad you're having company this weekend. Enjoy! Do you get any of the goodies from the "hunt"? I loved having the ground venison we got from Kate's Wayne.

Marilyn, sorry you didn't get the place you were looking at. I hope that means there's a better choice out there for you. Hope you don't have any trouble selling the Corvette.

alpiner, how's your daughter doing?

Darlene, what part of Texas are you in? I never can remember.

A friend gave me a potted amaryllis bulb for Xmas. The stalk has gotten about 3 feet! tall, and the first bud just started opening Tuesday. So far this morning, there are four blossoms showing - one almost completely open - a lovely dark pink-red color. It's fun to watch.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Mary, it will be about 3 weeks. Don't have an exact date yet. Good news on your eyes.  Also good news that everything went off without a hitch at the inauguration. Loved the young girl's poem. What a mind for her age. I didn't listen to the music. I'm not much into country/pop.
Biden's speech was good. Just hope he is able to implement what he said.

As to the cookbooks, it started when my granddaughter wanted one and then my oldest grandson about 5 yrs ago. Then Thomas asked about a year ago and so made them for the last 4. The binders should arrive in the next day or two and then I can get them finished up. Holes are all punched and pages sorted out. The 2 oldest love theirs.

Jane, glad Patricia is coming down. Your weather sounds awful though. We had almost 60 yesterday but cooler today.

Hi to Darlene, Marilyn, & Alpiner.  Stay safe everyone.  Sharon

alpiner1

maryz our daughter is home , still has the tube in her arm ,  her stitches were removed from her finger but still sore & swollen .  A nurse came this week & cleaned &changed her bandage , drew blood samples .  Thank you for asking .

alpiner1

Our medical insurance provider sent us each hand sanitizer & masks .  Have any of your medical insurance providers done this ?

I got notice yesterday that I need to schedule an appt. for a COVID 19 shot .  I went to schedule it & there was a message saying there were no appts. available at this time .  Hmmm !

jane

Alpiner...I'm glad to hear your daughter is still getting health care for her infection.  No, I haven't gotten anything from my insurance. 

We in the 75+ won't see any vaccine until Feb. 

My dear "Texas-Iowa" friend, Joan, passed away yesterday.  Her daughter will let me know when her graveside services are this spring. 

I got out and got my medicine at the curbside pickup.  I also filled my feeders.  We have strong winds and a cold front coming in.

Jane

alpiner1

We had 60mph winds here for several days .  I found a piece of thick plastic on the deck , this morning my husband discovered it was from a solar hot water panel on the roof that was disconnected years ago .

jane

Good cold Friday!  It's 3 degrees here...and feeling like -10 with the wind.  I think Patricia and I will be inside today.

Stay safe and healthy!

Jane

Cottoncandy

Good morning Buddies...I see where some of y'all are getting snow again....it's warming up to 70 today....Mary I live north of Austin area..in hill country it's called...Jane so sorry to hear of your friend passing..was it from covid? I still haven't got my vaccine but am on the list...Marlyin...I'm sure God will lead you to the right place ..Sharon Sounds like your busy with recipe books...I have several I should organize...Alpiner prayers for your daughter...Hi to anyone looking in....Spring is right around the corner....stay safe

jane

Darlene...no, Joan had had lung and heart problems for years.  She'd been in a hospice place for months.

I'm afraid Spring is a long way away here...to be below zero tomorrow and snow Sat., Sun, and Mon.  We also still have snow on the ground.

Stay safe and healthy,

Jane

SharonE

Jane, Brrrr! Jane, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.  With all that cold weather, did you watch the Iowa/IU game last night? John was so surprised since Iowa is ranked 4th, but pleased anyway. Not so pleased last week when Purdue beat us.

Yes, Alpiner, I've received some masks from my insurance co.  Hope your daughter heals quickly.

I decided to take a Spanish class they are offering at the clubhouse today. I took a year in college, but have forgotten a lot. It is taught on video by a prof from AL Univ. in the Great Courses series. I hope I enjoy it. If not, I can quit.

Our doctor came today. She switched me from my generic thyroid to the brand. Thinks that will help with my symptoms.  My temp yesterday was 96.8 and I freeze to death. Otherwise, we're both fine.

I saw the 2 bucks and 5 does in the woods last evening when I took the dog out, then I saw the buck and 2 does this AM. They must have slept near us last night. I just love to see the deer, although I wish they would leave the pansies alone!

I got an email that my binders were delivered, but they weren't at the office when I asked.

I'll be so glad when we can dispense with the masks and social distancing. Our class can only have 10 and only 1 to a table unless it is husband and wife. Can't get acquainted very well that way. But it's necessary.  Stay safe everyone. Sharon

jane

Great visit with niece this weekend.  It snowed overnight, but roads fine.  She called  a bit ago and she had just crossed into MN. 

Laundry going and I'm watching football for who will be in SuperBowl.

Stay safe and healthy,

Jane

maryz

It's cloudy here today, with rain predicted for tonight and unseasonably warm temps tomorrow and rain/thunderstorms all day tomorrow.

jane, glad you had a good visit with your niece. And that she making her way home safely.

An old friend gave me a potted amaryllis bulb for Xmas. Over the last 5 days, the bud has been opening, and it is spectacular. Today, there are four huge blooms (each nearly 12" across) and another but now starting to open. I've had to brace the 3' tall main stem with plant stakes and ties. Amazing! And I haven't done anything except water it occasionally.

Happy Sunday to all the Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

so_P_bubble

At the end of the flowering, if you plant the bulb in the ground or in a much larger pot, next year it will come with more plant/bulb next to it, with even more flowers. Is yours bright red? They are very hardy plants.

maryz

Bubble, it's a lovely rich red. The second bud is starting to open, and looks like it will have at least three flowers.  I knew it could be planted - just not by me. I'll give it to daughter Margaret and she'll probably have it blooming in profusion next year.  :thumbup:

SharonE

Jane, glad you had a good visit with Patricia and that she is safely back in MN. Glad your roads are clear.

Mary, your amaryllis sounds spectacular. You should post a picture of it on FB. I've never had one for some reason, but they are beautiful.

Rainy/cloudy here today, about 52 for a high.

I had a bad night again last night. So frustrating.

Marilyn, have you sold the trains or the Corvette yet? I hope so.

Hi to all.  Sharon

jane

Waiting here for this supposedly "big" snowstorm coming our way.  Last night it was to be south of us, now we're "included" in the snow area.  Hmmmmm....we'll see, I guess.  Doesn't matter...I'm home until Wed when I have a dental appt. 

Stay safe and healthy !

Jane

alpiner1

Rain , hail , wind & a bit of sun this morning .  We heat with the fire place stove , i got so cold in the house I wore a crocheted hat for awhile .  This is in southern California !

Marilyn

Sherry No I haven't sold anything yet. Darnit.

SharonE

Marilyn, I'm sorry. Have you tried taking it to CarMax and see if they will give you a decent price? It is such a beautiful car, I would think someone would snap it up. Brian said it wasn't in his budget right now, which I suspected. Does Portland Newspaper have classified ads?That might be a good place to advertise it. Anyway, good luck.

Jane, I hope you don't get too much snow.  We got rain last night, with thunder and lightening and so got a furry visitor in our bed! John got up with her and took her to his den where the curtains are pulled etc, but she still didn't want to be there either unless he held her. Finally, he thought it was all over and he put her back on the couch and went to bed and pretty soon had some more thunder and she was back up in our bed between us and just trembling. We may have to get her a thunder coat. I can't believe she can still jump up on our bed which is about 3.5 ft. high!

Nothing going on here today. Vet tomorrow and then Bible Study.

Stay safe everyone.  Sharon

jane

Marilyn...two more suggestions...is there a Corvette Club in your area you might contact or an ad, like Sharon suggested in a local or bigger city paper?  Many papers here have classified ads for sports cars, etc.

It's a cold, clear day here, but to go below zero tonight.  I got out to the dentist and still dealing with a numb mouth.  Both top sides had to be "shot" and it's been so long since I had to have that.  I usually can get by with the laser on the cavities.

I decided I needed a treat after the costly dentist visit, so I went to a local Pub and had their crispy chicken salad.  I ate part there and brought the rest home for supper.  I then did some "car switching about"...I still have the two cars we had when Ray was alive, and the one (mine) I hadn't driven for a while, so I got it out and drove up to a town 11 miles north of here...to their locker plant for some hamburger I like to keep in the freezer and a slice of ham I'll cut up and freeze and some local home made peanut clusters.  Then filled both cars with gas and stopped at WalMart for a few groceries and now home.  Pretty exciting day, huh!

Now home and back into the comfy clothes and will watch my news programs and see what's going on in the world.

Take care, stay safe and healthy!

jane

SharonE

Jane, you're right, your day didn't sound very exciting, but you did get stuff done.  Mine wasn't exciting either. We took Bunny to the Vet and had to wait in the car while they examined her and gave her her shots. She has a small growth beside her anus that is ulcerated from her licking it. It may have to be removed. She's on antibiotics for it right now while we wait for her blood tests to come back. They also want to clean her teeth which I think is a waste of money on a dog her age, but we'll see. If they have to put her under to remove the growth, they could do her teeth at the same time. The vet also has 3 groomers there, so I'm going to take Bunny there the next time, which should be very soon. The price is about the same as Petco and I'm sure they're better.

Other than that, I haven't done much at all today.  Hi to all. Stay safe. Sharon

jane

Good chilly morning from the upper midwest.  It was a bit "nippy" here this morning...-4 degrees!  It does make you move more quickly when outdoors.  I put out my garbage and recycle huge containers at the end of my driveway because, well....there's no other place for them.  The snow is piled high on the lawnstrip from the driveway apron and sidewalks and I can't life these monsters up over my head, as I'd have to do. 

And that's been my morning.  I'm sitting in my fam room with the gas fireplace going and reading and drinking hot tea.  Pretty stress free.  I do have a sore mouth from where they put whatever those contraptions are in side when they're filling the hold they made. 

Tomorrow is the Big Squeeze, so I'm glad the storm isn't coming in until Saturday and Sunday.  Whew!! I don't want to have to postpone that again.

I see the S. Africa variant is now in S. Carolina.  Take care and stay safe and healthy,

jane

maryz

jane, BRRRRRRR!  Definitely not my idea of fun. It has gotten up to 42* here (1 pm) with bright sunshine.

Nothing much going on around here. I just keep knitting away.  I didn't get a mammogram last year - with the move and the virus, and my time is now coming around again.  I'll mention it to the internist the next time I go in.

Stay well and warm, Buddies!

SharonE

Jane, that is far colder and more snow than I would want. You're smart to stay in by the fire with a cup of tea. I hope your mouth feels better soon. Yes, the extra contagious Covid is in both the Carolinas now. Scares me to death.

Mary, better get that mamm scheduled.  What are you knitting? Something for the baby?

My cleaning girl came today and John did the grocery shopping and I've done next to nothing--just play on the computer.

When I take Bunny to be groomed, I might go to the mall near there. If I do, I'm going to double mask.

I have my 2nd Spanish class tomorrow.  My recipe books still haven't arrived.  Marilyn sold the trains and some other things, so that is good.

Stay safe.  Sharon

jane

I'm actually enjoying the snow and cold.  It's easier for me to get warm than to cope with hot and humid air.  Weird, I know.

This morning I got out to get to what amounts to a small local bakery and pick up some unfrosted but glazed cinammon rolls for thsi cold and snowy weekend.  I think that's mandatory in that kind of weather!! 

I'm ready to go to Dbq for my mammo, but since they only want you there 10 minutes ahead of schedule, I have a wait before I leave.

Off to check  my bank account.

Stay safe and healthy!

jane

maryz

jane, I've lived in the south all my life, but I feel the same way you do about heat and humidity. That's why I love a/c so much.  ;D

I got an unpleasant surprise last night - some major pain on certain movements in my replaced knee. It's never given me any problems since I got it in 2016, but now it is excruciatingly painful when I have it flexed and put weight on it - like getting up out of a chair. I haven't seen an orthopedist since I moved, but had planned to. I managed to get an appointment for 9 on Monday morning, so I just have to make it through the weekend. I've found a couple of chairs that I can get out of (but not my recliner, unfortunately), and I can handle the toilet, so I guess I'll survive. I did have go get an RA come to help me get up once this morning. Sigh......

Stay warm, Buddies!

SharonE

Mary, so sorry to hear about your knee. If someone could brinng you a tube of Voltaren Gel, it might help you get through the weekend. When I went to the ortho last month and told him I still had a lot of pain, he had me show him where and said I had bursitis in there and he gave me a cortisone shot in each knee. Been a lot better since.

I also had an unpleasant surprise last night. I suddenly got so dizzy, I couldn't stand or get out of my chair. Also have shortness of breath and an upset stomach. Couldn't reach a dr. last night, but talked to both my primary and the cardio office people. Still waiting for a final call back. The dizziness finally left after about 4 hours. Still don't feel really well.

I have to go take the dog out now. Stay safe.  Sharon