Random Image

My Grand Kids and Fe with her dad

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:48:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryz

Glad you had a good holiday, Darlene.  It was a good one here, too. It looks like jane and Jeanne are getting some rough weather.  Those of us in the south are in for a lot of rain today.  I hope Marilyn has a safe travel day ahead.  I heard from my SoCal in-law-family that the bad weather there has stopped - at least for a while.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Hi Gals. I'm glad everyone had a good Christmas. I did too, but we were on the run much of the time, so I took a rest day yesterday. Our church only had a 10:00 service today followed by a fellowship breakfast. I was thinking this was the last Sun before my surgery, so made myself get up and go. Later realized next Sunday is the last.

I've got a MC wellness physical tomorrow. The Best Buy Geek Squad is coming the 6th to switch my old computer content to the new one and to set it up.  Lots of other appts this week too.

Sue, nice that you and Eddie had a nice lunch together after your errands.

Darlene, family is what it's all about when there's a celebration.

Mary, yes, we have had rain too, but not a lot. More expected today.  If I remember correctly, Marilyn is back home safely, but I won't swear to it.

Jane, hope you can time your return during good weather. Sounds like you had a houseful there.

I forgot to mention, I think, that Sean & Braeden ran a full marathon yesterday. Sean beat Braeden by about a half hour, but with his cross country background, not surprising. They both did well though.  Sharon

SharonE

I forgot to resize.Hi Gals. I'm glad everyone had a good Christmas. I did too, but we were on the run much of the time, so I took a rest day yesterday. Our church only had a 10:00 service today followed by a fellowship breakfast. I was thinking this was the last Sun before my surgery, so made myself get up and go. Later realized next Sunday is the last.

I've got a MC wellness physical tomorrow. The Best Buy Geek Squad is coming the 6th to switch my old computer content to the new one and to set it up.  Lots of other appts this week too.

Sue, nice that you and Eddie had a nice lunch together after your errands.

Darlene, family is what it's all about when there's a celebration.

Mary, yes, we have had rain too, but not a lot. More expected today.  If I remember correctly, Marilyn is back home safely, but I won't swear to it.

Jane, hope you can time your return during good weather. Sounds like you had a houseful there.

I forgot to mention, I think, that Sean & Braeden ran a full marathon yesterday. Sean beat Braeden by about a half hour, but with his cross country background, not surprising. They both did well though.  Sharon

SCFSue

I must be really stupid.  I have tried to change my font size every time I come here and have not been able to size up.  I am ready to give up!

I've been to church this morning and am home and into my jeans and a sweat shirt.  I will eat some lunch shortly and spend the rest of the afternoon reading.  Also when I saw Bonney at church she reminded me that I am supposed to call the bridge club for Thursday.  So I'll be doing that this afternoon. We will meet here at my house.

Bonney and I have plans for going to the movie theater sometime this coming week to see Little Women.  We'll get together for the late matinee. 

Not much else to report.  Have a nice Sunday afternoon, Every Buddy.(size 6)

Well, no such luck!
Sue

SCFSue

OOPS!  NOW it's way too big!
Sue

JeanneP

Sue stay with that one. It's not to big for me.

I have been staying away from people due to the flu being bad in town. Thursday I thought it was catching me as felt awful. Bad cough. So got to dr. Myself with my G m methods. Friday and sat. Slept 11 hours last night. sat. Today feeling good.
We have now lost the warm weather. In the 30s today. Going to stay in another day and be lazy.
Not a big New year party person ever. Will be in bed by 10pm I am sure.
JeanneP

jane

Good Monday morning from a quiet house.  The "gang" left yesterday and my sister, bil, and I are eating up the left overs.  My sister is exhausted from cooking nonstop, it seems. 

It's snowing in Iowa, so I think I'll leave Wednesday for home.  New Year's Day should be good for getting through Columbus and Indianapolis and then on home on Thursday.  I have no large cities to go through once I clear Indianapolis.

Lots of flu here in Ohio, too, so I'm all for avoiding the big shopping areas.  I don't need anything anyway, except for some stuff I'm ordering online tomorrow, so I'm home before it arrives.

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Jane and Every Buddy looking in.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but haven't done much else.  I do want to get outside for my morning walk soon. 

Jane, I'm glad you've had a good visit with your family.  I hope the traffic is light and the roads are clear when you head out for home.  Let us know when you get home.

I hope Every Buddy has had a nice Christmas with family and friends.

Happy New Year, Every Buddy.
Sue 

SharonE

Hi Buddies.  Jeanne, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Jane, glad you had a good Christmas gathering and that the gang is now gone, but left the leftovers for you and your sister & hubby.It's surprising to hear Indy called a big city. When I was growing up, it was called Naptown or the biggest little city in the US. That shows you how old I am.  I can't even find my way around much of it today.

Sue,hope you get all your bridge players called.

John just left for bridge and I need to get cleaned up and dressed. May actually work on my bookcases some before my dr's appt.

Hi to Darlene, Mary, Alpiner, and Marilyn.  Have a good day. Sharon

JeanneP

what a horrible day here. So cold and windy. Had to put my garbage by the curb last night and   wind blew it over. lid was gone but today the garbage lady said she saw one up the street. She drove around and found it.
Still coughing away and falling asleep from the drug taking but seem to be getting over it. Need to go to store but will put off until tomorrow.
Jane.Drive careful Wednesday. They say that people are going to be camping out at this big place here in Urbana on Tuesday as can buy the Marijuana for Rec. on the first. Bound to be some crazy people on the road. I hate to see this being available.

Not been the best 2019 in the family. Specially Texas but think things getting better.Maybe better in2020 . Gosh that makes you feel old. Just does not sound right. Worse than when we turned 2000. Where do years go. So many changes.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Good morning, Jeanne and Every Buddy looking in this morning.  It's pretty chilly here this morning.  I've been outside to get my morning paper and have read it all--mostly about the AU football team which is somewhere in Florida (I think) and practicing for their bowl game.  Not much else in our daily newspaper today.

My cleaning ladies are coming this morning so I've already had my breakfast and cleaned up my kitchen. They'll change my sheets, dust and mop my hardwood floors before they leave, so I'll be OK for the next 2 weeks.

I hope Every Buddy looking in is having a nice morning.  I'm also hoping Jane doesn't have terrible traffic tie ups on her way home from Ohio.

Sue

jane

Good Morning on the last day of 2019.  I'm glad to see the year and decade end; not a good one for me. 

Weather looks good for my run back home, so I've made a motel reservation for tomorrow night and I'll leave here tomorrow morning for Indiana and then on home on Thursday.  Cold in Iowa like Jeanne has and 70% chance of snow on Friday.

Jeanne...didn't realize marijuana thing took affect tomorrow. I know they've been warning Iowans not to buy in E. Dubuque, IL and bring across the bridge into Iowa.  I'm sure Quad Cities having same problem...or anticipating the problem.  I'm thinking those camping out are already marijuana users...just getting it legally now.

I'm getting laundry done and will be packing up and loading the car today for tomorrow's leaving.

Happy New Year!! :balloons:  :balloons:  :cheers:  :balloons:  :balloons:

jane

JeanneP

Jane
The can start selling here in C.U tomorrow. In the paper showing the cost of things. Don't see how people can afford . Will be candy also. but then they are Paying  $7 and more for pack cigs. Crazy.

Drive careful. Doubt will be snow.
I need to go to store but so cold out. I am feeling better. Little groggy from meds. Maybe should stay on PJ until tomorrow. I think most grocery stores will be open.

Got a couple books to read and need to try calling family in U.k.

Year 2019. Not a good year for lots people that I know. Still some loosing homes this week. Health seems to have hit my family more this year. Just realizing  how they are now ageing . Even the GGC.dont see them at all
now and all taller than me. I should get back to traveling more.

So let's all look forward to a brighter 2020.
JeanneP

SharonE

WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

SharonE

I just got home from my last therapy session before surgery.I'm getting a haircut Thurs and go to the pain dr. Friday. The Geek Squad comes Monday and Tuesday is my surgery.

Jeanne, if you are ever going to see your UK family again, you better start making plans. No one is getting younger.

Jane, I'm glad the weather is supposed to be good tomorrow. Wishing you a safe trip.  I also wish that the next year will be much better than this one for us all.

Marilyn, where are you?

Sue, nice that you can start the new year with a clean house. My girl got sick and won't be here till the 8th, so I had to strip and wash the sheets Monday and John helped me put them on. I need to get the baths cleaned too. John does well with the kitchen. I still haven't heard back from the Dr. re preop and whether I can go to rehab. I'm sure I won't hear from him now before Thurs. Till next year, Sharon

Marilyn

maryz

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Glad you're back, Marilyn. Hope you had a great trip to Gilbert's. How's Keith? As you see, we are all doing better with the size of our posts. We're just slow learners.

Happy New Year to you, Mary. May it be a better one for us all.

We're going to undecorate today and decide what decorations we're taking and what we're leaving. Difficult.

Hope Jane got off to a good and early start this morning. Hopefully, the traffic won't be too bad.

Hi to Darlene, Alpiner, and Sue.  Sharon

SCFSue

I have tried several times to enlarge my print to size 6 and nothing has happened.  I am sorry that my print is so small.

It is chilly here in Auburn this morning.  I've not been out yet for my morning walk, but will need to wear a heavier jacket with mittens and a wooly hat. 

Yesterday afternoon my friend Bonney picked me up and we went to the movie to see Little Women.  It was very well done and we both enjoyed it.  And in the very last scene, the father came home safely from the war, so lots of happiness at the end. 

I don't have much planned for today.  I hope Every Buddy is well and that Jane has a safe trip home.  Happy New Year, Every Buddy.

Sue

[/size]

Cottoncandy

Happy New Year Buddies

Marilyn

jane

I'm in Indiana tonight, 1/2 way home.  Weather is good for driving, and I'll be home tomorrow afternoon, I hope.

I hope everyBuddie had a good day today to start off 2020.

Jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Jane and Every Buddy looking in this morning.  I hope the traffic will be light for you, Jane, and you have a safe drive home.

The weather is yucky here this morning.  Rain and drizzle is predicted for the entire day, so I probably won't be able to get my usual walk finished.  I do have rain jackets and may be able to do at least part of my walk without getting drenched.

Not much else to report here this morning.  I'm planning on a day of reading books that I've checked out of the library last week.  I hope Every Buddy is feeling well and has a nice New Year's in hand.

Sue

JeanneP

Still taking it easy from having the cold. I should try and get to the library. It's 39 deg. So have to put heavy coat on. Also need gas. The place is always so windy.
I try not to take many meds. As gett ing over them is so hard on tummy.i am drinking ginger ale at the moment. Trying not to take cold tablets.
Jane I didn't realize driving across from Iowa to Ohio was so far and takes so long.i guess most my driving has been north south mostly . Texas was 1200 miles. so did 2 days.i remember when would drive at least 900 miles. But 500 my limit now. I still love driving..
Hate flying now. It's all changed.

You would have been in Texas. They are not having good weather right now. Winters use to be perfect but no more it seems. Lot more rain.
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone...my first 2020 post...I think..Hope everyone is getting rested up from holidays...I had to go to my eye Dr...my eyelid was swollen and red...He told me it was a ..stye..surprised me....don't know that I ever had one...any way he gave me antibiotics..and heat to it...today it's much better...also I would like for yall to pray for my niece..Terri...she's 55..is fighting cancer and really sick...we had sun in my part of the world so did get my walk in Sue..Jane guess you are back home by now...good to be with family when possible...the holidays are not the same for me since my husband passed...Hi to Marlyin..Jeanne..Mary and all others ...

jane

I'm home.  The traffic wasn't bad.  I imagine Sunday will be another story. 

I got the car unloaded, but not my big suitcase...job for tomorrow  ;D

Jane

SharonE

Hurray! Sharon  On my way to Dr's now.

jane

Snow expected this afternoon, so winter is back. 

I have some local errands to do this morning, and I think Kathy and I will go out for supper.  Tonight is Gary's "Jesters" meeting and the other couple in our group seems to want to skip when he's gone.  That's fine with me.

Guess I'd better get bundled up and out the door.

Jane

Marilyn

Not feeling   great, but doing OK with the chest pain. that started yesterday. Hard to tell where it is coming from Could use prayer. Just place my Walmart order for the very first time. So easy. I am trying to get used to this new keyboard. It is black and I did have one that had yellow enlarged keys. I will have to do better about not watching my hands.

The post that disappeard was all about my nightmare trip driving in the dark in Eureka. Oh my  I  drove right past the hotel, there was a head-on in the center turn lane, traffic was  terrible. Phone GPS took me the wrong way going to Gilbert's house, Keith  was making me crazy I kept yelling at him to shut up and leave mr alone. Got to Gilbert's had them take us back to the hotel and bring my car in the morning. They took us to Arcata for Christmas day which was very relaxing and enjoyable.

Keith is driving me nuts. He follows me from room to room even standing in the bathroom door while I am using the toilet watching me.  He wants to go every place I go and I feel so smothered. Stands with his arms open for hugs and makes kissy noises many times a day.

maryz

Marilyn, hope your chest pain is just stress from your trip, and goes away soon.  I know you enjoyed being with your family in spite of the glitches.  I'm so sorry about the difficulties with Keith.  Surely, this habit will pass - but then, of course, something else may crop up.  Did you place your Walmart order for curbside pickup?  I was doing that, and absolutely loved it!  Plus I could use the web site to keep my list, and just add to it as needed.  I hope you find it as convenient as I did.

Sharon, hope all goes well with your various doctor appointments.  Surgery on Monday?  I know you'll be glad to get that over with.

jane, glad you're  home safely - with few traffic or weather problems along the way. Glad you were able to spend the holiday with family.

Sue, I imagine you're not walking again this morning - it's been raining almost solid here since yesterday morning,  It's not cold (at least, not yet), but supposed to turn tomorrow.

Darlene, I hope your eye is better.  That's too bad about your niece - tough to have such problems at such a young age.

Hi to Jeanne, alpiner, and anybody else checking in.