Random Image

bash

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:17:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

Chilly 8 degree morning here. 

I hope Sharon can post soon.

Darlene....so sorry to hear of niece's passing.  She had a long struggle.

Mary...happy moving.

Hi to Marilyn, Jeanne, Shirley

Had rheumatology appt yesterday...she suggests 1000 mg of tylenol morning and night.  I'll see how that goes.  Last night's and this morning's haven't helped any.  Maybe it need to build up??

Off for bridge in 15 minutes. 

Stay healthy, Gals.  Lots of colds and flu around here.  :-[

JeanneP

Jane. Once start taking a BP med. It is hard to find anything one can take.Takes longer to get rid of even a cold. Now Tylenol  does nothing for me. Use to be when could take just one Advil it worked great. Hope that works for you. Many people take Tylenol.
I finely feeling better. Took 8 days.
JeanneP

jane

Jeanne...I'm having good results with the metropolol or however it's spelled. My BP at rheumatologist's was 140/66 so I can live with that.  I'm not seeing amazing results  from the tylenol, but I'll try it a few more days.

No bridge today or for the next few weeks. We only have 4 gals still here...others in the south...and one has had 4 small strokes and a concussion when she fell over the holiday.  She was hospitalized here and then transferred to Cedar Rapids, but is home now with home health care and PT and OT.  She sounded pretty good on the phone...no slurring, etc., but it'll be a while, I'm sure, until she's back.

It's way too cold for me...such a "fragile flower"...hahahaha :2funny:  :2funny:  to be out and about.  One guy in the parking lot at WalMart made me laugh when he passed as I was putting groceries in the back of my car and said..."At least we don't have any mosquitoes!"  So right!! :2funny:

I'm catching up on my checkbook bookkeeping and reading and knitting.

Take care, Dear Buddies, and stay healthy and safe,

Jane

maryz

Sharon posted on Facebook.   

I came thru surgery well with less pain than last. Go to rehab Friday. Just got my phone here.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Thanks, Mary!  How great she has less pain!

Jane

JeanneP

Jane. I went for my BP check today and the Metropol not working for me. It was to high. 160/68. He ran a EKG. Changed the prescription again. I think He is trying Bata Blockers. I am dumb when it comes to understanding. I have been taking all that OTC for the Flu type problem this last 2 weeks. That could be little of the problem. Will quit that and now see that happens. Go back in month. It is the only prescription ever taken .
MaryZ. Are you getting to move this coming weekend?
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Jeanne what BP med did they change you to?...Glad Sharon pain is minimal..Jane ..do you do puzzles or just read ?

maryz

We got the big stuff moved in tonight (bed, recliner, chests of drawers).  My older granddaughter and spouse are coming tomorrow for two nights, so I'll probably sleep here then, but maybe get some other stuff moved in.  Then I'll plan to move myself in on Saturday evening.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Marilyn

Jane and Jeanne I also take the Metoprolol or however it is spelled. I take 25mg twice and Keith takes 50 twice a day. We both also take Amlodopine once a day me 5 mg him 10. I am also on Eliquis since I  have A-Fib. So all I am supposed to take is Tylenol however sometimes I take 11 Aleve for any pain.

I am going to meet up with 3 other women from church today at one of the coffee shops fan an afternoon gab session, then go to the Chiropractor at 2 pm. We meet every Thursday at noon.

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  It's another chilly morning here in Auburn.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but that's as far as I've gotten this morning.  I am dressed for walking outside and plan to get out there as soon as I can.

Marilyn, good for you for meeting with your church friends for coffee and the gab fest!  It's nice to have female friends to chat with.  Good luck at the chiropractor this afternoon. 

Mary, it sounds as if you and your girls are well organized for your move.  Take it as easy as you can and have a good move. 

Hi Darlene.  In answer to your question to Jane, I sit down and read most of the afternoon.  My young friend, Eddie, takes me to the library and to Kroger every Friday and I usually check out 5 or 6 books each week.  I have a cleaning lady come every 2 weeks and she damp mops all my hardwood floors, changes my sheets, and tidies everything, so I'm satisfied with that.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

maryz

Marilyn, sounds like you have a good day coming.

Since my heart surgery, I've been taking metropolol, too - don't remember the dosage now, but will check later.  Since the surgery and pacemaker, I've had aFib, too.  I'm taking warfarin and will, I guess, at least until I see the regular cardiologist in a couple of weeks.  I saw the NP at the surgeon's office today, and she says I am doing great - and they have dismissed me.  YEA!!

Granddaughter Alison and spouse, Joe, are coming to visit.  They flew into Nashville this morning and are on their way here - staying until sometime Saturday.  I haven't seen them in over a year, so it'll be great to get those hugs.  They no longer have their foster kids, who went back to their mother right before Xmas.

We due to get several inches of rain before the end of the weekend, so we'll see what gets done with the move.

Happy Thursday, Buddies!

jane

We are under a winter storm warning until late Sat. Night.  Ice, and snow and wind.  Sounds lovely 🤪

We're eating locally tonight, given the storm warnings.

Darlene...I read ebooks on my IPad and do some online puzzles...mostly "hidden object" type stuff. 

I did a run to the grocery store...along with lots of other people ...as always when a storm is predicted.

Jane

JeanneP

The new BP. Med is now called verapamil HER ER never heard of it. Take for 30 days.it was higher than the last 3 I have tried. They were only about $12  these are 54  maybe these generic just don't work for me my body must want the Benicar that I was great using . It sold at $197 a month. Then went to generic for $97 but then off the market. I have been messing now for over a year.

We are expecting really ad weather starting tonight

Best buys got my old
iPad back on again today. It is just getting to old.  I also did find a new toilet seat to match the one I broke. Had to match wood floors .Now to see if I can get it installed.
JeanneP

jane

Snow started here about 3:45

and continues...the little icy flakes that pile up quickly.  The wind is gusty, too, so a good night to be inside. 

It's to taper off tomorrow mornin*, and then start again in the late afternoon.

❄️ Jane

jane

A pretty white Saturday morning here...and a lull between storm 1 and 2.  It's going to be a "comfy clothes" day inside for me...reading, watching football, etc.  I have also managed to get a cold...first one in over a year...

Jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  It's dark and dreary here this morning and tornados have been predicted.  I'm planning on a long day inside with reading and probably sitting in my sheltered hallway if the storms hit here this afternoon.  I'm going to shower soon, wash my hair, and pray that the storm doesn't damage my roof!

I just finished reading the morning paper and see that the men's basketball game has been rescheduled for 11:00 a.m. rather that the late afternoon time already set. I hope everyone attending will be able to get home from the game without problems.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy and stay warm!
Sue

maryz

The storm line looks like it is going to go through here about noon (now 8:45 as I write).  Alison & Joe are still here, leaving about suppertime.  We got me pretty much moved into the apartment yesterday, and the plan is for me to start sleeping there tonight. jane, y'all got snow, but it looks like we're going to get high winds and possible tornadoes.  There's a dark red line on the radar lining up southwest-to-northeast that doesn't look good.  We're staying here at the house until late afternoon.

Cottoncandy

Good morning Buddies...I stayed in bed till 8 this morning...supposed to warm up to near 60...and down to 35 tonight....no rain...we need it ..so dry...so after I drink my 2nd cup of coffee..will go walk..thanks everyone for condolences on my niece passing...she fought it hard....but at the end was so tired..her faith was strong...Mary hope you enjoy your new home..Jane sorry you have a cold....rest and fluids help..Jeanne hope the New BP med works for you ..Hi to Sharon..Shirley..Sue..Marlyin..and others looking in...Have a great weekend

jane

Mary and Sue...so glad you're both alert to weather.  Stay safe!

Darlene...enjoy that warm weather.  My sister in Ohio has 62 this morning.  Goofy weather!

Jane

Marilyn

Good Morning every Buddy. Very windy here on  the Oregon Coast. I need to get out to Safeway to pick up some of our meds and to grocery Outlet to get a few thing. I will do the Walmart shopping later in  the week. Not much else new. We may be going to Washington Vancouver area to  visit Keith  sons and  grands the end of February. The oldest just bought a new house (the Dr.) With a m other in law apartment on the ground floor for  the wifes  other. We would have to stay in a room upstair. Oh my hard on me. I would have to go downstairs to take freckles outside then back up stairs. My  feet still hurt but I manage to walk everyday regardless. Oh well Keith needs to see his family. I will just have to deal with that.

jane

Our Sharon posted she's now at the rehab place and therapy starts tomorrow.

Jane

maryz

Greetings from the new place - first night. Still a little stuff to do, but mostly taken care of.

Hooray for Sharon!  Thanks, jane.

jane

Happy New House Warming, Mary!

Snow to come again this afternoon/evening, "they" say.

I've watched an episode of the old NorthernExposure dvd Patricia found for me on my new portable DVD player and figured out how to get Netflix up and working on my tv...watched 2 episodes of the Virgin River series ...and even got it off and my cable back on tv for football at 2:00.  And that's about ALL I've done today.  Sneezing like a fool...and head may explode...so just doing the rest and fluids thing. 

Jane

JeanneP

Good news on sharan getting that over with. Hope not long in rehab.

MaryZ. Sounds like it was a easy move. Did you sleep well in new place? Did you stop driving and sell your car?
Jane. Now is yours a head cold? Just keep drinking fluids. I feeling better but still sleeping a lot and coughing. Stopped taking meds. Hope now BP comes down. It is so dreary here. Got snow last night after lots rain but not to heavy. A little sunshine is what we need. Many places getting worse things. Month is going by fast so will live with it. Hoping for early spring.

Got high pad working again. I have got to go see about my xfinity acct. they have gone crazy.it went up &10 in Dec. And now gone up another $20 on Jan. Bill. I have to try another way.than cable. I hardly use the Internet now. No one uses E mailing and the TVs stations have nothing worth watching. It's just that need WiFi connection. Lots saying the are going into this streaming more and more  I just don't know how it works but going to find out once feeling better.  Shop around. I have had the Comcast system for 26 years. So much has changed with them. Most what I don't need.  All to technical .not much fun in it.  Phones really gone mad. I was happy with the old ways of contacting. Not this texting. I must be getting old.
Don't know if I will get out of pjs today.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Good early afternoon, Buddies.  I've been to Sunday School and Church.  When I came home I changed into comfy clothes (jeans, sweatshirt, etc.) fixed and ate lunch, unloaded my dishwasher and put those things away, and put my lunch dishes into the dishwasher.  Now I'm ready to find one of the books I checked out of the library on Friday so that I'll have something to read today.

We lucked out yesterday on the weather.  It wasn't as severe as had been reported the past 2 days, so no problems here. I didn't have to go sit in the Hallway and pray that my roof wouldn't blow off!  It is windy here today, but not overly chilly, so I'll be able to walk outside if my headache subsides.  Sometimes the weather triggers headaches for me!  Yuck!

I'm off to take an aspirin and hope it does the trick quickly!  Have a nice day, Every Buddy!

Sue

maryz

Sue, hope your headache clears quickly.

Jeanne, you've been battling that cold for a long time.  I hope you get over it soon.  I've stopped driving, but still own the car.  My grandson and his wife are driving it.  All their other vehicles are trucks and use lots of gasoline, so my 2006 Altima is much more economical for them to drive. It's definitely a "little old lady" car, but very reliable.  It'll be easier for them, too, when their baby comes in May.

I slept fairly well last night, for being in a new place.  And have been to breakfast and lunch.
 Lots of folks introduced themselves to me, so a very friendly place.  I hope I can remember at least some of the names.  I think I said, it's really small - only about 40 residents.

It's been quite warm here - in the mid-to-high 60s, and is supposed to be 70 on Wednesday, before it cools back down.  Crazy!

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy!  It's already 10:00 a.m. here and all I've managed to do is get the trash can emptied and back up in the driveway.  One can is still down at the curb, but I heard the truck stop at the end of my driveway, so I think I can go out and bring it up, too.

It's a dreary day here and looks as if we'll have rain most of the morning.  Tim called me late yesterday afternoon to tell me he had a business appointment, but hopes to get here some time this morning to check some of my paper work--or perhaps not get here until tomorrow.

Not much else to report today.  I am reading a Jo Jo Moyes novel which takes place in Kentucky in the late 20's.  It's pretty interesting and since it's still raining outside, I'll probably spend most of the day reading.  I do need to put a load of wash in and get it cleaned and then into the dryer.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

Marilyn

My second son Ron, passed away early this morning, He  committed suicide. My daughter will be going to Ohio to take care of matters, have him cremated and bring him back to Stockton where we will have a memorial.

Shirley

Oh, Marilyn, my sincere sympathy. Of all illnesses I do think that is the worst, no fever to tell how ill they are or what pain they are in. My hugs to you and everyone that loved him.

Cottoncandy

Marlyin..so sorry to hear of your lost...prayers and hugs to you Darlene