Random Image

carshow8.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:04:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

Congratulations, Marilyn, on your elected office! I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Sharon...hurrah for getting the staples out. That's got to feel better.

Sue...hope all is well in AL.

Darlene...hope you're ok there in TX and avoiding the flu.

Mary...I need to think about a pedi, too.  My fingernails are in terrible shape...getting splits and all of that. The cold weather doesn't help, of course.  I'm going to file them all down and get some light polish on them.

Jeanne...hope your temps are better.  Ours in low 30s now, so roads are clear and parking areas are slushy. 

Guess that's all my fascinating and exciting news. :coolsmiley:

jane

Cottoncandy

jane

That came through fine, Darlene.

Jane

Cottoncandy

It want go through when I try to make print bigger...I usually use 4

so_P_bubble

Start by choosing your bigger font 4 and then write your message

jane

And be sure to put your message between the size tags

Good Saturday ...lazy day for me today!  Truly, another lazy day for me, if I'm honest.  It's to be cloudy all weekend, but walks and roads are just wet, and above freezing, so that's good. 

Hope you're all feeling good...have avoided the flu and colds.

Jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I'm still sitting here in my P.J's but plan to get dressed soon so I can bundle up and get outside to walk.  Eddie came by to take me to the library and to Kroger yesterday and then after we got home and I put my groceries away, he took me to another of his elderly lady friend's apartment and took us both to a small town about 25 miles away from Auburn.  We had lunch there and then went to a nearby store which had lots of unusual items to browse through.  I didn't buy anything, but enjoyed the browsing.

It's pretty chilly here today and I will need to dress warmly for my usual morning walk.  I still have heavy winter jackets left from our 2 tours in Brunswick, Maine.  I'm glad I have them and they are certain warmer than what most folks here in Auburn have.

I hope Every Buddy is feeling well today, especially Sharon, and will have a nice sunny day.  Take care, Buddies.
Sue

Cottoncandy

Cottoncandy

If I try to increase size..it goes blank...oh well...thx for your suggestions

jane

Darlene...just do the best you can.  We want to hear from you, regardless of whether the size is working for you or not.  Are you feeling ok and avoiding the flu?

jane

Cottoncandy

Just drives me nuts...want let me resize or color......anyway...Yes Jane...so far have avoided the flu...just allegory problems....cedar pollen.....we are having a meal and friendship event at our church tonight...so plan on going with my friend..she is also a widow...I will go to events by my self..but rather go with someone..Sharon hope you are doing better...Jeanne how's your new BP med working..Mary hope you are getting settled in...Marilyn Thx for answering my text...I found Janes email after I sent it....Hi to all...stay healthy..have a good weekend...Probably some of you want be able to read this small print.I will keep trying different things....Darlene

JeanneP

Candy

I use my IPad for on S and F so can just make yours larger for reading yor post. You just spread fingers.
Now I feel good again and not checked how BP doing on this new one he added. Go see him in 2 weeks and see. Tired of trying find best one.
We got snow again last night.not much but so cold. I am in for the day. Make it a lazy one. Good reading and good food. Keeps me happy. I did lot if walking yesterday. Library. Store etc.
Notice that 5 of my favourite tv stations have the politicions
JeanneP

maryz

Quiet in here today.  Nothing going on with me, either.  Hope all you Buddies have a good week coming up.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

JeanneP

Finely got the bolts out on the Toilet seat and someone put on the new one. Such that is about it for what i accomplished this weekend. Now need a couple of other small things done and that will be it until spring.Just going to read some good books and relax at home. To much sickness going on in this town.

JeanneP

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  It's dreary here this morning and looks like rain and/or sleet will be along shortly.  So far this morning, I've had breakfast, read the daily paper, and cleaned up the kitchen.  I am going to bundle up with my rain jacket on top and get out and around the block shortly.  I did put my trash containers down on the street last night, but so far, no trash men in sight.

I hope Every Buddy looking in is OK and will have a nice day. 
Sue

jane

Good Monday morning, Buddies!  No snow here either last night, but a lot of snow fell off the roof of my garage right onto the driveway...OF COURSE!! :2funny:   I may see if it's easy to shovel out of the way...if not, I'll just drive over the dang stuff. 

I'm not very motivated this morning, but do have the sheets into the wash and I'll see about going to the Fitness Center nearer afternoon. That's when things really slow down there and I can walk on a treadmill without a wait. 

Hard to believe January is about over...though it always seems like the longest month...think the cold and snow the reason why here up north.

Take care Sharon, Sue, Darlene, Mary, Alpiner, Jeanne, Marilyn, Shirley, Bubble and our other Friends.

jane

JeanneP

Not even showered and dressed yet. Woke up at 9AM. Stright through from 11PM again.feels good. It's cold but dry out. Didn't get the snow. Only had less than 1 inch so far. Soon Jan.ends . Sure to get good one in Feb.
Finely spoke for 2 hrs to friend in Canada last night . Let them know  about being sick so no cards sent out over holidays. Tried my family in UK .they have forgotten to give me their new mobile number I have done the same thing. So many have taken home lines out that very few have my new one but I still have home line and there it rings. Another robot call. I am beginning to hate all new technology more every day.

Need to get going. Good day all.
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Hello Buddies...just checking in...still can't increase font or use color....I had to get another phone today...so have to learn basically how to use it...my old one was 5 years old and not working right...I don't like changes...Is that a sign of getting older?..Goodnight every buddie

JeanneP

Candy. I got a new Smart Phone months ago and it is still sitting here unused. I can't figure the darn thing out. Smarter than me. Just to much press this,do this,so many buttons. I needed it because everyone wants to Text things to you and that is what I need to figure out. Still using my Consumer Cell Flip and home line.Not even fully know how to do the Flip phone. (I hate all phones). Can't bother with Text on it because of the way to use a key board. No body seems to use the Emailing anymore. All family have the apple I phones and do every thing in it. I am sure not go to invest in one of those.. Going to library tomorrow. They say will show simple way to set up the new Smart phone. Maybe then I can get rid of the others as costing to much on Home line.Consumer not much so would just keep in my purse

Think off to bed.....
JeanneP

jane

Gloomy Tuesday afternoon here....again...and snow to come Tomorrow. I did get a load of light clothes into the washer and made a run to WalMart and then the drug store when WalMart was out of Biotene mouth wash.  They were out of a lot of stuff today.  :coolsmiley: 

Sharon posted on FB that she's healing but has a lot of pain. 

Hope all our Buddies are doing ok.

Jane

SharonE

Thanks, Jane.  Yes, sitting in a chair really causes my leg to hurt, as does lying down on the couch or bed.  Not sleeping well at all and that isn't good.  As much pain as I have, I can see why people get hooked on opiates! I only take them at night, but it sure is tempting when it is hurting so much during the day.  I did get my meds organized and read some of the Grisham novel, THE PARTNER. I get tired reading though and my leg and knee really bother me.

Congratulations, Marilyn on getting elected. I'm sure you will do a good job. Glad you will have some help driving up to Keith's son's.

I don't envy you girls with sleet and snow!

Mary, good that you're getting therapy. I need to work harder on mine, but it is so painful.

Hi to Candy, Jeanne, Alpiner, and Sue. Jeanne, be careful not to get the flu from the students.
Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but have taken my time with doing that!  I am dressed for walking outside and will do that shortly.  My house is reasonably clean due to my cleaning ladies coming yesterday.  I can usually keep it fairly neat before they get here again in two weeks.  I had lunch and played bridge yesterday with my friends at the Retirement home.  I had some good cards and some not so good.  The lunch was not up to par, though.  I don't know if they have had a loss of their chef.

I am not watching the TV about the impeachment hearings.  I have my doubts about them as it seems very partisan.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy  and stay warm!
Sue

Cottoncandy

Hi...everyone...Bubbles thank you for your suggestion with my print size...when I go to font or color...It's just a blank page....appreciate your help...it's warm here..so got to walk...Sharon here's hoping your pain level is better...Hi to Mary..Jane Jeanne..Sue and all reading..Darlene

JeanneP

Sharon. I just hope you get less pain soon. My daughter in Texas had her back operation now 6 weeks ago.  5 hrs it took and did 5 places. Then on the day to get out she stood and got a break in her tail bone. so kept her in for another days. She is now home but in so much pain Mostly down her left leg and her feet. Dr. say it is the nerves healing. I am not to crazy at his handling. She isn't either. Now has someone coming to the house 3 day a week working on her. does have her walking a little and had her stop some of her meds. She was on so many and this is what scares me. people can get hooked on some. She says had stopped 2 of them. I wish I lived closer but she is 1300 miles from me. She swears that no  matter what she will never have another operation. she had her knees done over a year ago. Had lost 38 lbs on this one. she needed to loose them but not this way.
So you just get feeling better. Not a good year for you last year. i would relax and stay living where you are until back to normal. Then you most probably will think twice about moving to Assistant living. You husband seems to still be doing well. most men do not seem to take to Ass. living when still married.
JeanneP

maryz

Darlene, don't worry about the print size.  We just want to hear from you.

Jeanne, sorry your daughter is having so much trouble after her surgery.  I know back surgery is tough.  Sounds like you've gotten a little break from your winter weather.  Not too bad here.  It's just been gray and gloomy, but temps in the 40s and only a little rain.

Sharon, sorry you're still having a lot of pain.  Don't push it - do what you can.  It'll eventually lessen.

We're supposed to be getting a couple of days coming in with the temps in the mid60s. I know forsythia and some of the flowering trees will be putting out some blooms.  But it'll get really cold again.  Fortunately, you can't hurt these plants, and they'll bloom again "for real" when the time is right.

I went with Margaret to the funeral of someone I didn't know - the father-in-law of a dear friend's son.  It was about a 45 minute drive, but a lovely day, and it was a chance to visit with my friend, and to support the daughter. Today I worked with the PT guy from Home Health - walking and doing some leg exercises, mostly in the chair.  All good stuff for me to do.  Later, the HH nurse came by and did a finger stick to check my warfarin (Coumadin) level.  It was a bit low, but not too bad. Don't know if the doc will make any changes or not.

Happy Hump Day to jane, Sue, Marilyn, Shirley, Bubble, and anybody else looking in.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Darlene....I got that blank page when putting in size and again for color today.However, if I scroll down and down the page, the posting box shows up again.  It does it again for color, etc., and I scroll way down again. It's as if it's taken me to the very, very top of the page..but it's blank.  See if scrolling down after you put in tHe size thing gets you back to the posting box.  Goofy.

I got to play bridge today....it's been mo this, but we finally got 4 together to play. 

All of this talk of the corona virus from China is scary.

Take care, Babes!

Jane

JeanneP

I am still having the problem of when I hit NEW hoping to go to latest posting it puts me way back and I have to keep scrolling down until I get to the last one I have read. Drives me crazy. Any one else having this problem?
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

[/Jane will try that....I couldn't get it to color...see if this is buggersize]

Cottoncandy

[colorBigger...not bugger...ha=red][/color]

maryz

Darlene, you got the size working - yea!!  On the color post, you need to type between the brackets around "red]" and "[/color]".