Random Image

Corson Men

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

Alpiner...enjoy the new Subaru.  They are nice cars.

Jeanne...we still have snow on our yards.  I went to the car wash..and it malfunctioned!   I left with a sudsy car and went to a do it yourself place to wash it off.  They refunded me the cost of the carwash. 

I have a lot of laundry after the weekend visit.  I'm doing it over two days!  Sheets and towels fill up the washer fast.  🤯

It's to get very cold again these next two days....brrrr.

I did get back to FC and the rode recumbent bike for 30 minutes. I only made it 10 minutes yesterday. 

Hope all the Buddies are well!

Jane

alpiner1

We picked up the Subaru this afternoon .  I haven't driven it yet but will tomorrow .  It has so many gadgets on it ! No key , a button is pushed to unlock the doors , to start you put your foot on the brake & push a button on the dash .  The head lights turn when the car turns a corner !  So much to learn !

maryz

What fun, alpiner, to learn all that stuff - love the idea of the headlights turning.  I probably could have gotten a red car when I got my last one, but there wasn't one on the lot, and I didn't want to wait. Happy new car!

jane, I'm glad you're finding the recumbent bike a satisfactory way to exercise.  Stay warm.

jeanne, you stay warm, too.  Glad it's cleared up enough for you to get out. Be careful, though.

Sharon, it rained like a son-of-a-gun here yesterday early in the day.  Hope your rain isn't that bad.  I tried to convince my John that he should take up gourmet cooking when he retired, but I couldn't sell that idea.  :2funny:

Sue, it sounds like you had some bad weather, too.  Glad you were able to sleep in.

Marilyn and Darlene, hi to you both - out there west of the Mississippi.

Margaret came by yesterday and brought my store of medications, so I could fill up my weekly pill boxes for the next three weeks.  It takes a while, but at least it's done for a while.

I've finished one sweater for the April great-grandson, and have started on one for the one expected in May. It doesn't take so long for those little things - even if these aren't for newborns (more for 6-12 month old babies).

Happy Hump Day, Buddies!!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

Good morning, Mary and Every Buddy looking in.  It's dreary looking outside and so far I haven't done my morning walk. I have cleaned up the kitchen and piddled around a bit, but I'm not motivated enough to get much else done.

I am going to bundle up shortly and get outside for my daily walk (up hill for 3 blocks and down hill for 3 shorter ones).

I hope Every Buddy is feeling well and is staying warm.  Have a nice day whether you are inside or out!

Sue

SharonE

Hi Mary. Good to hear your news. We didn't get much rain this week, thank goodness. I wish I could knit things for the little ones.

Jane, how irritating to have the car wash malfunction. Glad you got a refund anyway. Yes, towels and sheets take up lots of room in the washer. Glad you've got it done now. Good for you on riding 30 mins on the recumbent bike. I like those if they fit my back right. The one I bought didn't and now that we are moving, I'm selling it. Guy is to pick it up this afternoon. Of course I lost $$ on it, but I did get some use out of it.

Sue, great that you got a whole bag of books to read and that Tim helped you with all the paper work. I need to work with John to get him up to speed on filling stuff out for IRS. He knows nothing about it. I've taken care of it or at least sending it to the accountants for 59 years!He needs to know how to do it if something happens to me. Have a good walk.

Mary, where do you get 3 week med boxes? Mine are only for one and are such a pain.

No idea when they will have a unit for us at Brookdale. So don't know how much to do ahead.

Grey and overcast here today. Yuck.  But magnolia is starting to bloom in front and I saw one azalea bloom.  Sharon

maryz

Sharon, I use three one-week boxes, each with AM and PM sides.  And, you're right, setting them up is a pain.  But at least I only have to do it every three weeks.

Last Friday, when we were in Chattanooga, I saw a redbud tree in full bloom.  They're SO pretty!I do love the spring blooms, even if the allergies in this area are awful in the Spring.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Cold Wednesday Afternoon here.

Alpiner...enjoy the bells and whistles.  My cars have those and front and rear collision braking, etc, lane keeping, etc.  It makes driving so much safer.

Sharon...I didn't go today for the bike...the hips are hurting as the weather changes...yet again.

Sue...I'm also reading up a storm these cold days and watching Netflix.

Mary...WOW...a redbud in bloom.  Nothing close to that here...below zero tonight.

Laundry is finally finished!  Garbage and recycles are out for pickup tomorrow as it's to be below zero tonight.  I'll be going out for a haircut and bridge, but didn't want to have to take out garbage and recycle bin.

jane

JeanneP

Alpiner.

I still only know the most common things you use and the new car I bought last summer.Still have problems because I don't drive that much anymore. Couldn't find how to work the wipers first time in a storm. Still can't figure out the heat and Air Conditioner. Guess I should read the manual . I am bad and not doing that. So many gadgets. Some I like specially the lights that are auto if you leave it there. Use t0 love getting new cars but to technical for me. Have to use the buttons on key for everything or it doesn't move. But you have fun...
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

So Jeanne you are just taking one BP med...the Verapamil? And it's keeping your BP in good range...Candy

JeanneP

Candy. No, I take that and the Losartan. Just took them. I take mine now at night. Today mine read at 141/59 If it stays the month until I see him I will tell him I am happy with what i now take.Feeling good on them. Just hope they don't have a problem now getting drugs.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  It's raining steadily here this morning and I'll probably forego my usual morning walk.  I am playing bridge at Bonney's house at 12:30.  Olyne will pick me up to go to Bonney's house.

I have read the paper and cleaned up the kitchen, but am not showered and dressed for bridge yet.  I need to get into the shower and dress.  I'll probably look through my other mail after that.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy--and stay warm if possible!
Sue

maryz

It has been snowing like crazy all day - big, flat blobs of snow.  But (Hooray!) since the ground is warm, it's been melting as soon as it hits.  Temp still hovering just above freezing.

Margaret took me to the new-to-me cardiologist this morning. I like him a lot, and he got right into taking care of all my cardiac needs and issues.  I can get all my lab and tests through his office, which is just a few blocks from where I live.  I'm scheduled for an echocardiogram and can get my pacemaker checks, too.  Great news.

And then we went to early vote.  Tennessee is one of the Super Tuesday states, and we have a couple of weeks of early voting.  There was no line, and the whole process only took us about 15 minutes.
Glad that's done.

Re the blood pressure medication - I'm currently taking Metropolol and Valsartan, plus an occasional diuretic.  Seems to be working for me.  The new doc is not hesitating to alter my meds, and I'm glad that he's doing that. I like having him not just take what I've been taking and letting it go, but actually checking through the interactions and dosages.  For instance, he said I should stop taking the baby aspirin (since I was on a blood thinner), and that I should cut down or stop the amount of fish oil I was taking. And they'll be getting records from all my docs in Chattanooga.

Happy Thursday, Buddies!

JeanneP

MaryZ. Sounds like you have found a good doctor. Looks like the Dr. could get together and figure out the best BP to take. I have had 3 Dr. over the years and none of them gave the same after I could not get the Benecar. Those I took for 6 years and did great.
JeanneP

jane

Hurrah, Mary, on getting a great new cardio.  It sounds as if you've found a winner.

Jeanne and Darlene...My medical NP told me most people need 3 meds to control their BP, so I'm glad I'm getting by for now with just one...metropolol and I also take it at night.  That seems to be the new "thing" in medicine.

Remember, Gals, if you have a "fob" to open your car doors and to start your car,  to replace the battery after the car is about 4-5 years old.  I'd forgotten that, and suffered the panic of it not starting one cold winter day in the grocery store parking lot.  I took both fobs to the Chevy dealer and he could replace the batteries quickly and it was about $8.00 for the two.  Easy Peasy and that's done.

I made a run to WalMart for an item, but they didn't have it, so I got a couple groceries.  Yesterday our more popular market had a "one day" huge sale and the place was packed.  I got my few things and got out.  I think I'm allergic to crowds anymore...and don't want to catch whatever the "sneezers" have. :coolsmiley:

I stopped by the Coffee Shop for a latte and  The Methodist women's group was meeting and I know many of them.I just stayed a short time and then got on my way.

I'm headed to the Fitness Center in a bit for the bike exercise.  I'll wait until the lunch time exercisers are back at work. 

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Jane and Every Buddy looking in.  Eddie was here this morning to take me to the library and to Kroger. We found everything I was looking for and more that I didn't need!  I bought some doughnuts and we each enjoyed one with another cup of coffee.  I put up the groceries and Eddie has gone home now.  He and his partner, Dan, have a new dog and Eddie was wanting to play with him.

Not much else going on here today.  I came home with 6 new books (to me!) and have plenty to read before next Friday.  I've been reading lots of W.E.B. Griffin WWII naval novels--and they are very interesting.  If you might be looking for something different to read, I think you might like them.

It is chilly here this morning, but is sunny, so I'll probably go outside sometime soon and walk up the hill and down on the other side.  I hope Every Buddy is well and that you'll all have a nice day.

Sue

Marilyn

Howdy gals. Keith and I and a friend of mine are going to dinner t Little Itally  this evening, my friend and I are taking our dogs as well.  I got my hair  cut today it is back to being super short.  So easy to take care of. It was at an awkward length that looked like I had a mullet. It had been 10 months since my last cut. Now I am set for most of the summer Maybe.

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've been up for a while, but am not dressed for the day.  I put some cans out for the Boy Scouts and think they've been picked up.  They do a drive once a year and I think they give them to the food bank or other groups that help those in need.  And it helped me clean out my cupboard with too many cans!

I'm expecting my long-time Navy friend, Colleen and her significant other tomorrow evening.  They'll be spending the night with me and will leave early on Monday morning to go back home.  Colleen and I talk on the phone several times a year, but haven't been able to get together in person due to my not driving and her busy schedule.

I hope Every Buddy will have a nice day and that your weather is mild.  So far we have a very sunny day!

Sue

maryz

Marilyn, amazing to me that you can go that long without a haircut. I get mine cut about every three weeks.  ;)

Sue, glad you've got some sunny weather.

It's another sunny day here, too, but still in the 30s. It is supposed to warm up to more seasonal temps for us - high 50s.  That's before it starts to rain again.

Happy Weekend, Buddies!

Marilyn

Well Mary I shouldn't have gone that long. I was trying to let my hair grow  but got tires of the awlwardness of trying to fix it. So back now to the very short hair and I mean SHORT. I don't think I will be trying to let it grow much anymore.

jane

Mary...We seem to have the same kind of hair...grows like crazy. I'm a 3 weeker, too, year-round. 

Marilyn...enjoy the Italian food.  I'm glad you convinced K of a change from the Mexican every Friday night. 

Sue...good to get someone benefit from the cans.  Here we pay a 5 cent deposit on each and you can redeem at a Redemption Center or I donate to Camp Courageous, which is a camp for handicapped children and adults, run strictly on donations.  The redemption center smells so of beer, it overwhelms me.  I'm not a beer drinker.

Our Friday night was Gary and 3 women.  A pharmacist here in town married to the veterinarian who does the bees joined us as Ivan was away at a conference.  With the roads and weather good, we went to a neighboring town.  The restaurant is on a golf course and the dining room overlooks the river...and we watched four young deer cross on the ice. 

It's to be a warm weekend here...that means highs in the 40s, if we're lucky and maybe some of that big yellow thing in the sky we haven't seen much of lately.

I have a lazy weekend planned...well, except for seeing what I still need tax-wise.  I just HATE getting all that stuff, but so glad I don't have to go through 3 months of mail as in the past years.  That was a major headache.

The pharmacist said the flu is starting to hit hard here.  She said there wasn't much in January, but the kids are getting it now and she thinks it'll get worse as the state wrestling tournament is on and it always seems to flare after that...too many people in too crowded conditions, I guess. 

Have a healthy, safe and happy weekend,

jane

maryz

Marilyn, glad you're going to be happier with your hair.  You've pictures of me, and know how short my hair is.  ;D

jane, I don't itemize, so I guess that's why mine isn't so complicated.  But even more so, I'm glad for a wonderful CPA who takes care of the folder full of stuff that I send her every year.  And then she tells me where to sign and how much to send them. Works for me!  Margaret mailed mine off to the CPA a week or so ago.

jane

Mary...I hope mine will be simpler from now on, with a number of things consolidated into one.  I, too, will just take the 1099s up to my CPA lady and drop them in her lap to do her magic with it. 

Not much exciting here...got two loads of laundry finished up.  Exciting stuff, huh! :2funny:

jane

jane

We have a beautiful day here...sunny and high 40s so snow is melting.  I just got back from a walk outside...needed my boots because of all the water on the sidewalks.

However, it'll be coming to an end.  "They" already have Winter Storm Watch warnings out for Monday night to Wednesday.  Guess winter's not done with us yet.   ::)

Hope everyone is healthy and enjoying a blessed Sunday.

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  It's pretty chilly here and I was freezing by the time Olyne picked me up for SS and Church.  I should have stayed in the house and waited a bit longer for Olyne.

I think Tim has already organized my tax stuff and has given them to my accountant.  At least I hope so--he and Kris borrowed my car to go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.  I hope he finds a good, safe parking place and leaves the car in the parking garage!

One of my long time Navy friends is coming here this evening.  They plan to take me out to dinner and then spend the night here at my house.  I had to go through my linen closet to find a quilt (hand made by my mother-in-law and her mother) for my friends to use on the bed.  They have been some place west of here where Matt was giving a presentation.  I don't know what his field is, but he must be fairly good at it to be invited to make a presentation.

It's still pretty chilly here and I'm not going to take a long walk today.  I'll wash sheets tomorrow after my friends leave.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

P.S.  Hi Jane.  I was typing when your post appeared.  I hope you have a good day!

Cottoncandy

Hi gals...I'm enjoying a quite Sunday..my kids were here for my Birthday..loved having them...then Have to get used to being alone again..and doing laundry...alpine..I always liked the Subaru..never had one..Jeanne you are so right on how technically new vehicles are...hope you continue well with your BP med...Mary Good you found a Dr you are pleased with...our temp has been pretty mild...do need rain..Marlyin post a picture of your new hair cut...I still wear mine to collar..but someday may go short...I always thought my ears was to big...ha..Sharon hope you are continuing getting your strength back?..I'm like you...I love to read and enjoy my walks..Jane sounds like you are in the cold zone...stay warm..Hi to any looking in.  Be safe and stay healthy

Cottoncandy

Sue...my comment of walking and reading was for you...Didn't print your name...crazy typeo s

SharonE

Hi Gals. Sorry I haven't been in here for so long, but sitting at the computer for long really causes my knees to hurt. I did go to SS today, but we didn't stay for church. Two hours was too long for me to sit.But it was so nice to get back.

Mary,it sounds like our weather is identical. We had 2 days of snow, but no accumulation. I'm so glad you found a good cardiologist and nearby too. That's the one thing I am dreading when we move--finding new doctors.

Marilyn, I saw your picture on FB. You did get your hair cut short! But I'm sure that is much easier for you to handle with all the other things you have to deal with.  Mine is short too (I had it cut Friday), but not as short as yours or Mary's. I was ready to pull mine out since I hadn't had it cut since just before my surgery.

Alpiner, I agree that the new cars have lots of gadgets. John didn't get a Honda because of that, but then he is a technophobe and wants everything as easy as possible.

Darlene, I do hope you get your BP meds figured out.

Jane, you and Sue make me ashamed. I haven't even started my taxes yet.

I did sell my recumbent bike on FB.

Melanie is coming Mar 8 for a visit and hopefully to help with packing and downsizing.

I need to go start dinner.  Sharon

maryz

I hate waking up before 5 a.m., and being wide awake.  So I might as well get up and dressed.  Breakfast isn't even until 7.   :tickedoff:

SCFSue

Good morning, Mary and Every Buddy looking in this morning.  I've had company this weekend--Colleen and her partner Matt were traveling in our area and spent the night with me.  Matt took us out to dinner and we enjoyed catching up.  It's been a really long time since we've seen each other although Colleen and I try to talk on the phone several times a year.  Colleen is a Navy widow as I am, but has married Matt after a while.  He's a nice man and I enjoyed having them with me this weekend.

It's another dreary rainy day here in Auburn.  I'd like to walk later on, but will wait a while to see if the rain lets up.  Have a nice day, Every Buddy.

Sue

maryz

It rained all day today here.  Margaret and I went to Chattanooga today. Poor thing drove over there in hard rain the whole way. I'm glad it wasn't me doing the driving. I always hated driving in the rain.  She had her initial appointment with my (now "our") financial consultant, and I had an appointment at my old nail salon for a mani/pedi by my long-time tech.. I loved having her do my hands and feet, and getting the chance to get caught up with them.  And we got home about the expected time, with the drive in much less rain, and not much traffic.  All in all, a good day.

I found out yesterday that tomorrow's Democratic candidate debate is going to be in Charleston. My grandson is a staff member at the performance hall where the debate is being held.  I texted with him tonight, and he will have to be working with it tomorrow. He says that it has been utter chaos for the last few days during the preparation time. So exciting for him!

Sharon, I didn't know your new place is far enough from where you are now that you will have to get new doctors. How far is your move? I was dreading it, but I am very pleased with results.  Glad that Melanie is going to be helping you with the down-sizing.

Hi to all the Buddies! Hope you have a good week coming up.