Random Image

Butterfly and Flowers

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:14:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanneP

Candy. I had to do that also but o.k now.
JeanneP

jane

Darlene...it sounds as if your device is not holding the cookie for login. That is on your device, so if you got an update or cleaned cookies out or chose not to have cookies retained, you'd have to sign in again. 

Here's the folding mask directions...super simple.  Some add a cut coffee filter to the middle.  I think that's on the government website. I also saw somewhere that tea towels work better than bandanas...thicker, I think, and more closely woven.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2611871869088258&id=100007964100586

Here's another with sewing and folding directions, and includes the coffee filter thing:

https://www.twincities.com/2020/04/03/how-to-make-your-own-coronavirus-face-mask-with-these-simple-tips/

Someone also mentioned that rubber bands would work if you don't have ponytail bands. 

It was a chilly 28 this morning, but up into the 30s and sunshine. I'm hoping it'll warm up more so I can get out and get a walk in. 

Cottoncandy

Jane......how do I fix it.?

JeanneP

So cold again here. 41 deg. My furnace back running even if I have it set at 72 it clicks on every once in awhile. Will be people with a lot of the common cold thinking it is the virus. Saw many yesterday when it was 69 deg. running around in shorts. Tee shirts and floppies. Crazy
JeanneP

Beverly

Jane - Thank you for the mask-making suggestions. We live in a large closely-knit neighborhood and one of our golf group has started sewing masks to distribute to any friend or neighbor who needs them. She's making phone calls to everyone. Just another case of neighbor helping neighbor, which is what this world needs right now.

JeanneP

As I a sitting here thinking, I should run the sweeper but don't wan to. I wondered what Sue and other ladies who use a cleaning service are doing. Sure they are closed down. Just to many houses to be in and out of ,even using lots of disinfectant.
Back in pjs today. Out of books other than on my iPad. I did find "the testament" in my book bag and so may start it.
It is the quietness around here I am not use to. Did see a couple kids outside playing. They are Spanish and parents don't speak English.
My dry cleaner lady says a lot of them coming in laundry ne can't speak and scared with what is happening. She now wears a mask and scares the kids.
Lots of people face covered bother me because we get a lot of purse snatching and grabbing phones in this town . Also when walking to cars. Have to be careful.
I won't be out much.
s
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Jeanne...how did you fix the sign in problem....I have to log in every time...so may not be on here long...Darlene

JeanneP

No, ijust had to put in my password again . Been o.k since.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I hope all are well and staying home if needed.  We have a number of corona virus cases at our local hospital.  I want to get outside and walk, but I am cutting my usual walk short and will return quickly, especially if I see someone else out walking.  I think most people over 70 are in more danger than younger ones.  And since I have just turned 83, I think I'm in that category.  I am concerned about our hospital employees.  They are working under very difficult circumstances. 

I hope Every Buddy is well and doesn't face exposure to the corona virus.  Take care Buddies and keep us posted.  I'm going to put on a mask/scarf for my morning walk.  Please be careful, Buddies!

Sue

Sue

alpiner1

My daughter posted this on facebook this morning .  I thought I would share with you .  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft0XGprD858

jane

Thanks, Alpiner! 

Sue...not many people out and about here...save the nutty motorcycle riders without helmets who love to throttle up those cycles to show how macho they are. Yeah... :idiot2:

Darlene...check your settings for retaining cookies.  That can be switched off and cookies deleted if your AV does a scav, you get an update, etc.

It's a beautiful day here...high 50s and I have some windows open.  I did walk to town and back again and then worked a very short time on north side of my house to get leaves out of the ivy.  What a mess!

Pictures of virus lockdown results from around the world:

http://cdn.flipboard.com/content/thephotodesk/thephotodeskgalleries/items/1584384311000.html?utm_campaign=campaign&utm_medium=40digest.7days3.20200316.home&utm_source=email

Jane.

Cottoncandy

Jane...I went to my settings...didn't see anything about cookies

JeanneP

Sue. I think that more of people dying are and it I'll continue to be between age if 25 to 59. The over 70 are being shown to have had prior health problems along with it. I do see many more in our paper obits in 80 s but not from it. Dr. Are just not able to answer the call to them right now when needed and most are dying at home.it wifi gon that way for much longer they say. The won't be admitting them to hospitals .
JeanneP

SharonE

I don't know what happened to this site. The print is very large. Marilyn should be happy. I had a terrible time getting in and had to try several things.

I'm glad all of us are safe and well and following the rules.

Our church is doing e-sermons and SS.

We worked on our master closet on Sat and got it pretty well straightened out.  In the middle of doing that, I got a call from the realtor that they wanted to show the house on Sunday.  Got rave reviews afterward and realtor thinks an offer is coming.  Then yesterday, I got a call that they wanted to show it again today.  I really would like some breathing room between shows, even though I want to sell it.  I didn't think we would have lookers for 2 mos!  But they wore gloves and masks and the realtor wiped all the door handles and I did too after we got home. I'm so tired from all of this. I'm so glad John decided to have someone pack, move, and unpack us.  We have to leave shortly.  Stay healthy.

It's sunny and to be 82 today here.  Sharon

jane

Darlene...what device are you using? Computer, iPad, phone ?

Sharon...fast response time.  Glad someone will pack up, move, and unpack everything !  Too much for you.

The news from DC is certainly even more alarming...this to be worse week so far. 

44 degrees and gloomy day here and rain to come next few days. 

I baked some choc chip cookies yesterday to add to my freezer stash!   ::)

The excitement for the day here is laundry. 

Stay home and be safe and healthy!

Jane

maryz

Wonderful that you're getting prospective buyers, Sharon, even though it's tiring.  Funny, your print didn't show up as large on my screen. Plus, I've had no problems getting in the site.  Oh, well - guess I shouldn't tempt fate.

Nothing doing here. They're trying to keep everybody apart, but still have some activities. The aides and other people are getting lots of exercise, taking stuff to people's rooms. I have gotten out to walk in the halls a couple of times, and some folks have gone to sit outside, but definitely staying away from each other. I'm not going outside, though - too much pollen in the air. Spring pollen in Tennessee is horrible and I always stay inside as much as possible.

Margaret has been staying home a lot, too. She's getting lots of yard work done, and her huge garden tilled and planted. I guess this is not a total disaster for her.

Alpiner, I never heard anything on the news about the earthquake in your area.  Is everything okay there?

Stay well, Buddies - and keep up that social distancing.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Darlene...Here's some info if you're using Safari or Chrome

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en-GB

Safari

If Safari doesn't autofill your account names, passwords, or credit cards, or doesn't ask to save them to begin with, check the AutoFill and Private Browsing settings on your device. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later: Tap Settings > Safari > AutoFill.

More on Safari.    iPads, macs, iPhones, etc.

https://www.guidingtech.com/safari-doesnt-ask-save-password-ios/. Instructions with screen shots

Cottoncandy

[/Jane..using safari...IPadsize]

jane

Darlene...see the instructions below for Safari...that's what Ipads use as a browser:

Safari

If Safari doesn't autofill your account names, passwords, or credit cards, or doesn't ask to save them to begin with, check the AutoFill and Private Browsing settings on your device. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later: Tap Settings > Safari > AutoFill.

More on Safari.    iPads, macs, iPhones, etc.

https://www.guidingtech.com/safari-doesnt-ask-save-password-ios/. Instructions with screen shots

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy. I talked with Tim a bit ago and he told me about some things he wants me to do this morning (in regards to my fridge) and was his usual take charge self.  I'm hoping this will be the last lecture for a while.  I know he means well, but I find it somewhat annoying!

I'm planning a morning walk soon.  I'll wear a bandanna on my face and stay away from any other walkers.  However I don't expect to see anyone!  I'm usually the only walker in my neighborhood.

I hope Every Buddy is well and staying away from crowds.  Take care Every Buddy.  Keep us posted!

Sue

JeanneP

Now our weather is 70 today but down again with rain tomorrow.
I had the 12 pm news on and it said that ova tiger at the Bronx zoo has got the virus. And one man who feeds them positive.( I don't think this is false reporting) they aeaskinouwh oh thy repot walki  no be holding them Les. Watc ere all  represent in If a problem.

I just listen news and then wait to see if things contradicted. Later. Hope this turned out to be a false test.
JeanneP

alpiner1

maryz   There was no damage from the earthquake thankfully !!

Marilyn

Hello every Buddy, I canned 12 pints of Sauerkraut this morning, Ina couple of jars I added shredded carrots and some red cabbage as well. I Take freckles out for her walks daily rain or shine. My Rain Suit matches her rain coat.  I used Instacart yesterday to order a few groceries, they were delivered ablout an hour later.

jane

Foggy Tuesday morning here in the NE corner of Iowa.  We're expecting rain later, as Jeanne mentioned yesterday. 

Sue...I hope you get whatever Tim is in a tizzy about done with your refrig.   :coolsmiley:

Marilyn...I think you probably need the walk and fresh air and away from the house as much as the dog does. :thumbup:

Alpiner...I didn't hear of your earthquake either...glad there was no damage.

Sharon and Mary and Darlene and Jeanne...good morning and hope you're all safe and healthy.

Mark this day on the calendar! :uglystupid2:  Lazy Jane got herself out of bed about 5:45 am and was showered and dressed and on the way to WalMart for their once a week "Old People's Shopping hour" from 6:00-7:00 AM!  I did my weekly shopping and saw many of the other old people there had masks on.

The asst Manager told me across the 6' distance that they had made the line up to get into the store a one way and that the carts in the front were sanitized when they were brought in from the parking lot and those left at the exit.  I couldn't find the vinegar, but got everything else, including some carnations that were bright and cheerful.  No flowers outside here yet...and I got used to flowers in the house which Raymond loved.

So, I'm set for a week, at least.  I'd gotten out of the habit of shopping like this when I retired, but it was time to get back to it now. 

Nothing else going on here.

jane

Cottoncandy

. Jane.on my I PadI went to password and accounts..saw auto fill PW...but don't see the key and check mark...or anything about saving PW.. Darlene

maryz

They've told me it'll probably be two weeks before I can move. Have to be able to have folks come in to move me. They're getting started painting today. I did go in today. It's not ideal, but it is larger. My "view" overlooks another side of the building and two AC units, but I guess I can deal with that - I had thought it would be the parking lot. We'll make it work. Weather today is still supposed to be warm, with no rain.

jane, glad you got to WM during the early hours and without difficulty.

Marilyn, I know your walks outside with just the dog are good for both of you. How are the feet doing?

Darlene, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with access. How are you doing with getting around?

Just the usual "not-much-of-anything" going on around here. Have a good day, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Darlene....When you got to the account and passwords, did you look under the Websites and Apps Passwords  to see if seniors and friends was listed? 

If not you could try clicking on EDIT and adding
Seniorsandfriends.org

With your password.

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  My (new) cleaning ladies were here this morning.  My regular cleaning lady has been sick and these did an OK job, just not as well as the regular gal always did.  I can deal with it, though, and am glad they were here.  I hope the regular gal is OK.  She may have the flu.

I hate being inside and am planning a walk in my neighborhood.  However, I need to make a mask before I venture outside.  I will use a large bandanna to cover my nose and mouth.  Most of my young neighbors have gone to work.

I hope Every Buddy is well and is able to stay away from crowds.  Take care Every Buddy and stay well!

Sue