Random Image

ava

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:45:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

I haven't heard anythig back from the furry friends about re homing my friends dog. She is heartbroken that she has to re home him. I would be too if I had to re home Freckles. But I do have two friends who would take her in a minute if anything happened to me. They love her to pieces.

When I ran out of my inhalers and couldn't afford to pay for them. My friend gave me  some of hers that she no longer uses,(got a different stronger prescription) So I am using hers sometimes and  mine in between. I am in the donut hold so my meds are costing more right now, I need to make the three inhalers I got  last month, to last until the end of the year I still have 4 of my friend's outdated inhalers to mix with mine.

JeanneP

Marilyn.
Now be careful using some Old containers. Specially if not the ones that your prescription calls far.Last year after having Pneumonia. He put me on the one that is only once a day. Took me off afte a month saying that is not for my problem. I just have one that can be used if a little short of breath when walking fast. It I can do 3 times a day if needed. I use it when in the 90 if outdoors shopping but other than that do not use. But was always told ,do not keep for a longer time.
 Its number 300 is  made to be used at 3 times a day for about 3 months and if like me , used   only once in awhile. Do not hold on to it.  Specially not for a year..

Jane. Your storm just came through, Such high winds. my side of Urbana . So many trees come down on homes in one area m aking  the Electric wire still active, so many moving out of the homes until fixed. Suppose to rain most days this week. My poor roof will never get fixed. He seems to have stopped  the leaking area but going to do the whole roof once able.   
JeanneP

SharonE

Marilyn, I'm sorry about your friend's dog. When I thought I was going to have to foster Bunny for a month or two till Brian could pick her up, I advertised on Next Door Neighborhood and had 8 people offer to take her. Fortunately, we switched to a villa where we could keep her ourselves, but it was so nice to know there were so many dog lovers out there.  Have you checked with your drug company for help in getting more inhalers? I've heard that they often do this. Also check with your doctor. And cut back the length of your walks with Freckles. I know A-fib is serious, but don't know what they can do other than an ablation (surgery) which often doesn't last.

Jeanne, I saw the terrible storms that are going through IL and WI. I hope everyone stays safe.

John went to get a haircut and to get the car inspected today, so I will have the den to myself for a while.

Today is one of my grandson's 28th birthdays and also my sil's birthday.

All for now. Stay safe.  Sharon

jane

Iowa south of me got hit hard with the derecho ...winds in the 90-106 mph...not tornados...but straight line that uproot trees, etc.  Lots of power out, too, and telephone service here messed up.

We here were very, very fortunate. 

Heating up again after a cool down with the rains and winds yesterday.

I got out to WalMart for my prescriptions and a few groceries to get me through the rest of the week.

Nothing else new here,
Stay safe and healthy,

jane

angelface555

I have a new quiz in a different format. You can each post the answer to one question. Afterward, I'll open it up to more.

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg=182616

JeanneP

We got bad storm in C/U also. Lots of trees and power lines down. Lots without power. My end O.K. So glad I live out of the city limits. Farm land on 3 sides of me and we had a big new power line built 2 years ago. It use to know our power off with every storm prior to that.
Some really nice homes in Urbana got damage but nobody hurt. That is the main thing. Lots of Power Company trucks over there taking care. Our Power company do great job. I called to check to see why my power one side of house kept going off at the same time every morning and they were out within a half hour. Thinks that I am overloading when I have to many things turning on at one time. Need to go find some more fuses today.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Good morning, Jeanne and Every Buddy looking in this morning.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but so far that's all I've accomplished.  I hope all is well with Every Buddy looking in.  I've had a visit from Tim and he's gone home now to go with Kris to see about Arden who I think is not well.

I hope Every Buddy looking in is feeling well and has plans for a nice day.  Take care Every Buddy!

Sue

jane

Afternoon, Buddies...

No internet this morning, but they finally got it back and running.

Numbers here rising and I heard at the beauty salon this morning, three of our girls' softball coaches have the virus as well as quite a few others. 

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

jane

A nice Thursday morning here.  The constant beeping of the large construction equipment 3 doors down from me is getting on my last nerve, but that's not going away soon.  They've now started on the corner across the street and down 3 houses.  The flagman for the one way traffic is still in front of my house...BUT, the portapotty is moved down the street.  They had it in the street when it was here, but it's on Larry's lawnstrip now.  I wonder how he feels about that? :coolsmiley:

I went to Urgent Care yesterday...had to call for an appt first...and low and behold, the provider was a Nurse Practitioner I knew from my teaching days!  I didn't recognize her...after 25+ years...but when she told me her maiden name, I did remember her.  Nothing broken in my collar bone area, so she said ligament and muscle damage and that can take a long time to heal, so continue with ice pack and tylenol.  For some reason she said not to take ibuprofen with covid around. 

Take care and stay healthy,

jane

Cottoncandy

Good morning...Jane what happened..did you fall...we are still having 100 degree days...our virus numbers are slightly down...school starts here Monday...so it will probably change...Sue good to see you posting...Marlyin...I know you are hanging in there...caregiver is a hard job..Hi Sharon and Mary...and Jeanne f you are looking in...I'm still walking..but go early..still hot and humid...take care yall

jane

Darlene...sort of...I was having a nightmare and rolled out of bed trying to get away from whatever and woke up on the floor beside my bed!  :o  ::)  Startling, to say the least.  I've been treating it with ice packs, etc., but "family" decided I needed another "informed opinion" so I went to Urgent Care and she did xray, etc.  I have full range of motion of my shoulder.  I'll see my NP again in 3 weeks. 

JeanneP

Jane. What happened. Did you have a accident? You are lucky you can get in anyplace to see any health. So bad around here. Seems to be so many Dr. quitting and do not seem to have people to take their places. I have given up on my 6 monthly Ears. Waiting now to see if my 6 month appt. eyes will be cancelled. Its no wonder so many name in the obits daily. Our numbers on the Co vat seem to just go up and down daily. Think is getting younger ones now. People just will not listen. Crowds everywhere you go. Suppose to be wearing masks to get in stores but they just stand there and argue. Its getting that now I am happy to stay home. Gave up on getting my one phone fixed. was told to just go back on it to Factory and restart over. No techs at Target or Walmarts now.
Still hot here but looking forward to all next week in the 70s. Maybe I will cheer up more.

Now I was told to not take any Ibuprofen at all when one takes BP meds. Tylenol does nothing for me but a very seldom need any,  just when my thumb hurts. Now Advil works good so he says once in awhile not hurt if take couple of them.

Very quiet on S and F.think people must just be sitting watching movies on TV.  Comcast has gone to H*ll also. I spoke with them but they know they have problems but can't fix. Most channels I have now you can't hear them on the Numbers listed but if they have HD it gets louder. Thing is lots don't have and the ones that have all the old shows seem to be O.K but its 15 min show and 15 min. commercials. If you can get anyone on phone then all say the same thing. Because of the Covas 19 all our people are helping other customers. It has become a excuse for everything. I am still driving with old license and no Sticker. Not worried about it anymore.Not driving much anyway. Think about the high insurance I paid this year. Thats what gets me more.
They were supposed to did up the road right outside of me back in May. Think they have given up. further down they have just filled all the holes up with ugly black stuff.
JeanneP

JeanneP

Jane.  I thought you slept in a King size bed. You are going to have to move into the middle. That must have been some dream. I dream so much now. Even if I take a hour nap in the afternoon I dream. No bad ones. Seeing lots of people from years back. Most in UK. and all the areas there also. Thats nice.
Have now showered and shampoo. I may go out to Walmart soon. Couple things I need.
JeanneP

Marilyn

I forgot to tell y'all that Monday evening I had an A-Fib situation and put it on Facebook, Gilbert called after seeing the post all upset. Guess who showed up at my door with a big bouquet of flowers on Tuesday. Gilbert and Sonja!!@ coming to check on his Mama They are staying at a nearby motel for a few days,  traveling around the area sight seeing. Today we are all going to Golden and Silver falls  for a day trip. They will hike  the falls we will stay on the ground.

maryz

jane, glad you didn't break anything. But sometimes breaks heal easier and faster than sprains. Oh, well - good luck anyway.

I understand what you and Jeanne mean about sleeping so soundly. I was obviously hard asleep and dreaming in my chair at 7:30 this morning, when they came in with my breakfast. It was really hard to come up out of that dead sleep, to realize where I was and what was happening. All good now, though.

Darlene, those are awful temperatures to deal with. Isn't a/c wonderful! I remember those days without it, and definitely wouldn't want to live that way again.

Marilyn, glad you getting some time away with your son. And SO great for him to surprise you with flowers and a visit. Jesse texts me a photo of Henry nearly every morning, and I love getting to see him grow. Babies change so quickly in those early months. And, best of all, I don't have any of the responsibility that goes along with parenting.  :smitten:

Happy Thursday also to Sharon, Sue, alpiner, and any other Buddies checking in.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

alpiner1

I had an appt. this morning with my oncologist  . All is fine & I don't have another appt. for 6 months !!  During this hot weather I have a rash under my bra , she said to put diaper rash cream on it .  Who knew that would work ? 

JeanneP

Diaper cream . I use it on lots of type rashes. Seems to help itches.
JeanneP

SharonE

Hi Gals, I haven't been on line because a big clap of thunder knocked out all my electronics except my cell phone.  The tech company is to come at 8 AM tomorrow. For some reason, I have wi-fi now but nothing else.

Marilyn, what a lovely surprise to have your son and dil appear with flowers for a visit for a few days. I'm sure that made you feel a lot better.

Mary, Joc sends me pics of the little guys frequently. It's wonderful to see them. I get some of Leyton too including his first day of 3rd grade the other day.

Darlene, can't imagine 100 degree days for many days in a row.

Mary, did I tell you we have 1 resident and 2 associates with Covid?  So we are shut down again. No dining rooms.

Jane, I'm so sorry to hear of your injury. Like they said, strains are often worse than breaks.  Take care of yourself.

Sue, Hope you're taking good care of yourself too. So glad to see your posts again.

I finished PT today unless I want to start out-patient. Of course, I'll still have to do my exercises regularly at home.  I had such a nice PT, I'll miss him.

Sharon

maryz

Oh, Sharon - how terrible to lose your "connections" when you're stuck at home.  Glad you've gotten your internet back, in any case.

jane, hope you're feeling better today.

Have any of you ever had one of those days when your "self" is convinced that it's another day?  I woke up this morning (Friday) thinking it was Saturday. I started out doing "Saturday things" and wondering why some things were happening that weren't "Saturday things". Even though I've finally gotten it into my head that it really IS Friday, it's still a weird feeling.  Wonder what it'll feel like tomorrow when it really is Saturday.  ;D
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Mary, I think when we are retired and also isolated with this virus, it is very difficult to keep track of the days. I've definitely had days when I thought it was a different day than it was.

The repairman is here. My internet was sporadic and John didn't have any at all. Definitely no TV or landline. I was able to watch some DVR that I had previously taped but that was it. John couldn't get into that even. We have separate DVRs.

I guess I will do laundry. No excuse not to. I hope my internet stays up.

Jane, hope you are feeling better and the back-up squeal has stopped. I hate those too.

Alpiner, glad your dr's appt went well. I need to check and see when my mammogram is due again. I think Oct.

Dreary and overcast this AM. Was pretty yesterday and I even walked to the lake with John and Bunny. I'm going to start trying to do that whenever possible.

Stay safe, everyone. Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but besides getting dressed have read the morning paper and just putzed around!  I am not a good morning person these days!

I hope every Buddy looking in is feeling well and has a good day planned.  Take care and I hope to hear from you all soon!
Sue

jane

Happy Saturday Morning and it's in the low 80s but humid. 

Many in Cedar Rapids area and south still have NO power.  It may be Tuesday before it's all restored...all from the 70-110 mph straight line winds that did so much damage to houses, office blds, schools and tore out a gazillion trees and snapped off power poles.  They have crews from all over down there trying to get poles back up and working lines in place.

Alpiner...good tip on diaper rash creme.  I don't wear a bra around home here...it's just me, after all.  I'm for a loose shirt and being cool.  With my shoulder, it's easier to get in a button down shirt, so I've pulled out a lot of Ray's I still had and they work fine. 

Sharon and Mary...me, too, on not knowing what day it is often. 

Jeanne...I do have a king bed....and am trying to sleep in the middle.   ::)

Darlene...stay safe in that heat.

Sue...hope all is good with you.  Is the SEC playing football this fall?

Marilyn...WOW...what a wonderful surprise visit!  That has to have you smiling from ear to ear.

Stay safe and healthy, Buddies!

jane

Cottoncandy

Good Sat morning...Jane I placed an order with Amazon so added the cinnamon pear jam......I really like it...thanks for the tip..I seem to get in a rut buying same ole thing...good to try something new..Marlyin a thoughtful surprise from your son.Sharon hope you get ur internet going soon..Mary I get my days mixed up often...Sue good to see you post..I didn't walk this morning...close to 90 by 9 AM.....but lived here all my life so it's expected...Have a great weekend

jane

Darlene...so glad you like the jam.  It's my new favorite. 

I have the sprinkler going...no rain in our forecast and everything is so dry.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

Marilyn

Gilbert and Sonja left this morning for home. What a wonderful visit with them It was so good to get to spend time with them. It is 86° here today, needless to say I am not walking Freckles on the hot asphalt and it is just too hot for me as well to be  out in the sun.

JeanneP

I don't think that not remembering days come with age. I remember a few times when still working that I got up, showered, dresses for work and then it dawned on me. it,s Saturday. Now I have to look at my morning paper to remember. I am ok if I have a early morning appt. so I guess we are only using brain when we need to.
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

HOORAY....was able to sign in this morning...Thank You Micheal.....have Dr appt this morning so better get ready...have a fabulous Monday CC

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've been up and dressed, read the newspaper, and have had breakfast.  I need to get busy doing something, but haven't decided what that will be!  I think Tim will come over sometime later this morning to check on me. He usually tries to get here while I'm eating breakfast as he doesn't think I eat enough!

Not much else going on here this morning.  I hope Every Buddy is feeling well and has a nice day planned.

Sue

jane

Glad to see this site is back and working! 

Nothing exciting here...except for road work.  Turns out they are widening the street...on my side, so tearing out curbing and taking a bit of lawnstrip and taking out short walk from sidewalk to the street.  BIG mess...and will get worse as they get closer to me, I'm sure.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane