Random Image

the beauty of winter

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:25:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharonE

Jane, so far, we're fine, just highs in the 40's or today 50's but may receive some winter mix tomorrow, but probably not much as we are on the southern edge of the weather. Glad you got your doctor's appts scheduled. I know what you mean about doing nothing and come back in 3 mos.

Mary, you've gotten a lot of winter for you. Stay in and stay safe.

Darlene, hope you're okay with all the weather and cold.

I got my hair cut this morning. John took Bunny to be groomed at 8 AM and we still haven't heard that she's done and it's 1:00! May not take her back there again when we have to have her there so early and they keep her so long.

Our 2nd shots tomorrow! Will be glad to get those & hope we don't have any reactions.

Not much else going on.  Stay warm, everyone.  Sharon

Marilyn

I am taking Freckles to the Vet today. She is not eating her food only Milk Bones, she did drink som water but has also had diareah s2 times one last night before bed, another one my bed durning the night and one on the bedroom floor, only a little now and then since 4 am.

maryz

Hope Freckles is better today, Marilyn.

We're a bit above freezing today, but had what I guess to be 4-6" of fluffy snow overnight. It's pretty to look at, but I'm surely glad I don't have to be out in it.

Stay safe and warm, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Afternoon, Babes!  This was one of those rare days when everything went just right!  My surgeon said the mammo was perfect and his physical exam showed no problems with the incision site or lymph glands, so his "see you next year. Call if a problem develops."  I made next yr's appt for April.  I hate these winter appts. 

I then got the very dirty car washed where they wipe it dry in addition to the heat blowers, and I stopped by Books a Million for a purse size two year date book.  I need that to keep track of my appts.  Yes!  They had exactly what I wanted. 

I then went to Best Buy and asked about the latest iPad Mini.  They only had a demonstrator, but I ordered one and they'll mail it to me at home. 

Applebee's was next, I got my favorite Oriental chicken salad and have enough for supper, too!   Back home, filled car with gasoline and put her away for the weekend. 

Is all of that way more than you needed to know?  🤪🤓 :D

Texas is still such a mess.  Thinking of Darlene and Tome.

Stay warm, safe, and healthy!

Jane

SharonE

Marilyn, Yuck! What is worse than a dog with diarrhea? Bunny vomits from time to time, but haven't had the other. I do hope the vet was able to give her effective medication. You have so much on your hands as it is.

Mary, we got a little very cold rain today but were missed by the sleet or ice. Thank goodness. We have a high of 37 today, pretty low for us and way too low for me!!  I know, Jane, I shouldn't complain when you are suffering through such severe cold.

We got our shots and mail and some books for John. The cleaning girl came today, and then a maintenance guy came a fixed our door bell which kept going off and setting Bunny into a frenzy. Then the pest guy came and sprayed in a few areas where I had seen some bugs.  I didn't want them to get a head start although there weren't many. Nothing scheduled tomorrow.

Surprised not to see Jane. Hope she's not frozen in a snow drift! Whew, just saw your post and saw all you accomplished today! Way to go and good news from the Dr. too!
Hi to everyone. Stay warm and stay safe.  Sharon

patricia19

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone...what a week...been without water and power for 5 days...water got turned on around 5 and electricity couple hrs ago....hope they both stay on....course we are having to boil water...but have lots bottle water to use...we had ice..and more ice..then snow..4 inches one day and about 5 inches another....I'm wore to a frazzle.....we Texans not prepared for this kind of weather...it's supposed to be 25 tonight..then start warming up tomorrow...Of course I had food to spoil with no electricity ...hated to throw it out...had no choice...hope y'all are doing ok....haven't read any comments...will sign off for now

alpiner1

We are having Spring type weather .  This morning I started out to do grocery shopping wearing a hooded sweatshirt . When I came out of the store I took off the sweatshirt & headed towards home , stopped at an other grocery store & put the sweatshirt back on because that store is always cold inside .   Off came the sweatshirt when I got back in the car .  Husband said it was 60F .  Now this evening it is cooler .

maryz

alpiner, glad you're getting some spring. It's supposed to be almost like that here later this week (and it was 13* when I woke up this morning!).

Darlene, glad you've "weathered" this storm without major problems. Sorry about the loss of food, but the broken water pipes that have been reported are devastating.  Texas, in general, just isn't prepared for dealing with this kind of cold weather. I hope you get at least a little bit of spring before hot summer sets in.

We've got sunshine today, and at 9 a.m., our temp is already up to 27*.  Most of the snow should be gone over the weekend.

Did y'all see the news about the latest expedition to Mars? Amazing that they are able to do such precise things at those incredible distances.

Hang in there, gals! We know we'll be complaining about the heat before too much longer.  :thumbup: 
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Mary....I did see that little "creature" land on Mars.  Incredible...7 months, I think, they said to reach there...many millions of miles away.

Alpiner...enjoy 60 degrees.  We're hoping to get above freezing...maybe...one day this next week.

Darlene...I've been worried about you.  Glad you have power and water back.  What an ordeal for most all of Texas.

Nothing exciting here...Stay warm and safe!!

jane

SharonE

Darlene, so glad you're okay. We were all worried about you. A little spoiled food is a small price to pay.  I used to use my deck and a cooler as a refrigerator when the temps were below freezing and we lost power. Of course, we were more prepared in IN, although we never got what IA and TX got except for the blizzard of '78.

I'm doing the usual Sat. laundry. and a few other odd jobs. Nothing strenuous though. I've had a lot of pain the past 2 days from the vaccine although it's better now.

Beautiful sunny day, but only 37 and windy.  Supposed to have 60's next week.

Not much else going on. Hope you are all warm and safe.  Sharon

jane

A hurting day here, too, Sharon.  We're supposed to be getting snow, and the map says so, but I've only seen a few flakes. 

I have a lot of laundry to do, but  it's not going to get done today.  I'm just sitting with my heating pad and fleece throw, a chai latte, and reading away.

Joints hurt to type, so this will be short.

Stay warm, safe, and healthy,

Jane

Cottoncandy

Hello my friends...hope everyone. Is having a nice weekend....it is 70 degrees today..so have been sitting in the sun....even tho Ihad to go 6 days with no power...no water...I'm still glad to live in Texas...very unusual weather for us...it thundered in Feb...so the saying goes it will frost in April...we will see..Jane how do you like your mini I Pad...or do you have it yet..glad ur mammogram went well and your physical....Sharon did ur weather warm up?...Mary hope all is well with you.....on a positive note I received a snack Box from Amazon from my kids for my Birthday which was Feb 17 ...filled with all kinds of goodies.....have power and water...so all is good...take care....CC

maryz

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Darlene!   :hb2:

jane

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, DARLENE! :hb3:  :hb3:  :hb2:

jane

Darlene...this is my second mini and it's not any different than the other one...except I could do the whole set up by putting them next to each other!  Incredible.  The mini4 had a sticking home button, and in these times when I'm at home all the time, I didn't want to have something not working.  I ordered it at Best Buy on Thursday about noon, and it was on my front porch the next day about noon!  No extra charge for shipping! 

We got 3 more inches of snow yesterday, but temps to warm into the 30s this week.  We need a slow thawing to avoid flooding. 

Stay safe,

Jane

jane

YeeHah...it's above freezing!  Sunny and you don't get frostbite when you sneak a peek outside! 

:2funny:

alpiner1

My drivers license was expiring soon , I thought I would need to go into the DMV but was able to take care of it online .  It was nerve wracking but I got it taken care of !!   Had to answer some questions , set up an account with password ,  then paid with credit card .  I was dreading going into the DMV & taking a test .  I got my real ID last year & took a test so that probably helped . So glad is taken care of !
Then called my dr. to get some of my meds refilled before I see him next month . Usually I get them by mail .     /size]

SharonE

Darlene, HAPPY, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I hope it was a good one.I'm also glad warm weather has returned for you!  we're in the low 60's with sun today!  Yea!

Jane, I hope you're feeling better now that the temp is up a bit. Way to go on the new mini Ipad. I've never used an apple product, and don't want to learn now, but I know most swear by them.

Mary, hope you've warmed up too and that Margaret got the birdseed out for you. I got my gel nails yesterday. I hope they do the job. It wasn't a very neat job though.

Marilyn, how is Freckles doing?  Haven't seen any updates on FB or here. I hope she's all better now.  Bunny has her surgery and dental cleaning Friday morning.

Alpiner, good for you getting renewed online!  I used to do that in SC. Don't know if I'll be able to here in NC or not, but I have 4 more years and who knows if I will even be driving by then.

Don't know who I've missed but Hi to all who pop in. Stay safe.
Sharon

maryz

All is good here. We're into lovely pre-spring weather - high in the 60s today, with rain (only rain) coming in for the weekend.  My big excitement for the week is going out tomorrow to get my INR/PT check at the doctor's office. With any luck, nothing will take a long time - it's just a finger-stick.

I hope everybody's fur-babies are doing well. There are two dogs living here, and they've had to be put in "no-bark" collars. I've heard they just vibrate when the dog barks - no pain involved. The pups were getting too yappy and really annoying other residents. The collars seem to be working - I haven't heard them lately.

Stay safe and warm, Buddies!

jane

Tuesday greetings to EveryBuddie!  It's in the low 40s now, so everything is melting a bit.  Good to get the snow and ice off the roof.

I made a trip out to WalMart for my groceries and stocked up on milk I use in my chai lattes.  I've become a Ultrapasturized fan.  This milk is good until 4-18-21!  While it's a bit more expensive, I guess....$3.00 for a 1/2 gallon, it never spoils on me like regular pasturized does.  It tastes no different.  It is hard to find, but the organic ultrapasturized sure works for me.  I asked nephew and wife...the veterinarians...and they say it's fine...it's the milk used in making cheese.

So, I'm all set for groceries for this week, and I went to a new Casey's (Iowa convenience store/gas station/fast food chain] and put some air in one of my front tires that seems to have a very slow leak.
 Of course, the cold weather lowers the pressures too, so I got it back up to where it should be.

Nothing exciting here.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

maryz

jane, I used to keep that UHT (shelf-stable) milk, too. Then I found out that you can freeze milk, so I started buying milk in a gallon jug, and decanting it into smaller containers to freeze. Then I could thaw those smaller quantities - and didn't have milk go bad. Cheaper, too.

Marilyn

Sherry I did post an updayte on freckles.  She is doing better, She was groomed yesterday too. She is eating good now and the soft stools are just about gone, not quite a firm as before she got sick,.You know she is getting older though nd I can sure tell. She is almost 14. I am sure going to miss her when her time on earth is over.I've been looking for a senior Cattle dog

SharonE

Marilyn, sorry, guess I missed the update, but I'm glad she is doing so much better. Our babies aren't babies anymore, are they. Bunny is almost 13. I can't bear to think about her leaving us, but I know it will happen. She is our last dog. At our ages, it wouldn't be fair for us to get another one that would outlive us and none of the kids want another dog.

I'm glad everyone is warming up. It was in the 60's and sunny today. John took Bunny for a long walkie so she could bark at the geese! Ha!

Mary, that's great that they found some no-bark collars that work. Bunny is a barker, but since we are in a villa, she doesn't bother anyone.

I'm having a late night. It's 2:00. I guess I'll go back to bed and try again.  Sharon

Cottoncandy

Good morning...just a quick post...my other 2 Sons that do not live here are coming to check on Mom today..and inspect the pipes...etc..other things needed done..I have a list....so here's wishing everyone a warm healthy happy day

jane

Darlene...good to have sons who want to "check up on Mom."  Those temps you Southern gals have sound intriguing.  I won't see those for a few more months...and after a lot of snow has melted.  We're in the high 30s.

Sharon...I hope you were able to get back to sleep.  I had one of those awake every hour nights two nights ago and it made me tired all day.

Marilyn...good news on Freckles and her feeling better.

Mary...hope things are warmer there, too. 

Nothing going on here. 

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

SharonE

Darlene, that's wonderful that your sons are coming in to check on and fix anything. How far away do they live?

Jane, I didn't get to sleep till after 4:00 and I had told John to wake me at 8:30 because the cleaning girl was supposed to come--but she didn't, so I'm a walking zombie for nothing.  Glad you've warmed up there.

I called the groomer at the animal clinic and complained about her cut, etc, so she refunded me half the charge. I had put off the call because I hate those kinds of calls.

Nothing much else going on here. I worked on my Bible Study lesson for 4 hours yesterday and finished the 5th weeks work. There are 10 weeks of it so I'm half done. Not sure it is really worth the work because we only have 3 people including me to discuss.  Guess I should give another look at the Spanish lesson for Friday. 

Another beautiful day here.  A bluebird and a cardinal visited me on my balcony yesterday, at different times.  I love that.

Hi to all. Sharon

maryz

Wonder where everybody is today.  Guess everybody's day has as quiet as mine has been.

Hugs to all!

jane

You're right, Mary.  Hard to do even a semi-interesting post when there's nothing even semi-interesting to post.   :uglystupid2:    Ugh...life during a pandemic. 

Well, our snow is slowly melting.  Still lots to go, but the driveway and walks are all down to the concrete and the yard is slowing losing some of its 14 inches.  We're even seeing that big yellow ball in the sky and warming up into the low 40s.

Nothing else much planned. 

Stay safe and healthy,

jane