Random Image

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:47:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryz

Marilyn, glad that Keith's sons are finally going to help out with your move. And that it looks like you're going to find a place to land when you do finally move. It's a "seller's market" around here, too. I'm hearing that houses are selling as soon as they hit the market. Sending good thoughts to you.

jane, glad you've got some good weather coming up. I hope it materializes.

Sharon, glad you got your heat and your computer working - not fun things to be without. Like you, I almost never use my laptop except plugged in. I don't even know if the battery could be replaced. Just something I never think about. Glad your bridge was good.

alpiner, sounds like you had a good few days off.

Darlene, are you getting into hot weather again?

I got a bunch of lab work done this morning - preparatory to my doctor visit next Wednesday. Not too bad with the sticking, and it didn't take long at all.  It was really chilly getting out this morning, though.  Near freezing again overnight tonight.

Hugs to all the Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Hi Gals, Well, I finally got my hotel and plane reservations made for our trip to Brian's in June and got the Passport info downloaded. We both need new ones. That kind of stuff takes so long to do.

We've had a cold front move through here with freezing temps at night, but in the 60's daytime.

Not much going on here today. My arm braces didn't come in so I have to wait till Monday to go get them. I've been trying to get out and walk more--some each day. Except tomorrow it is supposed to rain hard all day. We need it though.

Mary, hope all your lab work was good. My primary dr. is supposed to come here Thursday. Need to see if I need a tetnus shot or a bone scan.

Jane, hope the weather is being kinder to you now.

Hi to everyone else. Take care and stay safe. Sharon

jane

I, too, thought the cold was over...but weatherguessers changed their minds...now possibility of snow flurries and rain.  UGH!

I've been a slug today....just don't feel like doing anything, and so I haven't.  We're going out for dinner tonight with the "full crew"...both couples and me and we're going to a neighboring town.

My lawn guy came and so all is mowed up and trimmed and edged. 

My snowblower girl next door got her car...CUTE....yellow VW Bug that has the eyelashes over the headlights and flowers on the front.  Perfect for a 15-16 yr old girl. 

It's been a gloomy day, so it matches my mood.  :-\

Stay healthy,

jane

maryz

Sharon, it's a shame they can't get your braces in. I hope they finally arrive on Monday. We had freezing temps and heavy frosts the last two nights.  And the rain is supposed to move in tonight. And be up into the mid80s by the middle of next week. Spring is crazy!

jane, your neighbor's car sounds like fun for a teenager. Glad you're getting out with your "crew" - always fun with old friends.

I'll get the lab info next Wednesday when I see the doc for the 6-month visit. I did get the INR result (indicator of blood-thinner meds), and it was right in the middle of normal - always good to hear. So no change to that medication.

Hope everybody has a good weekend, and "not-too-bad" weather.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Marilyn

Nothing much going on here, rain, laundry, groceries. Keith is still in bed, once in a great while he gest up before 11 . Some days he gets up  the same as I do around 5. I don't like that because i enjoy the quiet time with my coffee.

O am putting the house up for sale May 1 so I will be able to pay cash for a place in california when it gets finished with installing the new siding and windows.

maryz

Marilyn, I hope your sale goes well.  Around here, it's a seller's market - with houses being snapped up as soon as they gone on the market. Hope that works for you, too.

We had a tornado warning this evening. I was just getting out of the shower (of course), when they came to my door, telling me to go into the windowless hall with the rest of the residents. I said I'd be there as soon as I got some clothes on. Fortunately, nothing happened, and we got the all clear in about 15 minutes. And not even much rain in this immediate area.  Hope y'all are okay, too.

Cottoncandy

Hi Buddies....quite nice day here...85 and sunny..Marlyin... a know you are excited about your move..as I remember...don't realize how much stuff you have till you move,,,Sharon hope your arm braces come in tomorrow and they help....Mary we have severe weather sometimes...I have the plan to get in my bathtub and grab something to put over me...if that happens...we used to go to storm cellars when I was a kid...not sure if people still have them..Jane hope your weather warms up...I don't like gloomy days...I'm really proud of my greatgrand daughter Grace...she's going to state in 300 meter hurdles..she's in 11th grade...wish I could go watch...it was 95 degrees the day of the track meet...hope everyone is having a great day...take care

jane

Darlene...congrats to your GreatGranddaughter, Grace, and her track achievements.

Marilyn...it sounds as if you have a plan and are maing progress.

Sharon and Mary...hope you're both doing well.

Gloomy Sunday here...and map says it's raining here, but it's not reaching the ground.  Not much help! :o

Doing laundry and watching HallMark Movies and Mysteries marathon on Aurora Teagarden Mysteries. 

In other words...a whole lot of nothing interesting!   :idiot2:

jane

SharonE

Hi Gals, Just about ready to go to dinner, but will comment some. Marilyn, I hope you have the extraordinary luck selling your house that we did. No way did we expect it in the pandemic.  Sleeping a lot is apparently typical of Alz. patients. Our bil has it and sleeps a lot.

Darlene, 85 is a bit warm, but not too bad. Congrats on your great grand daughter. HOpe she did well.

Jane we had rain all day Saturday but sunny since and temps climbing. 80's later in the week. I have watched all, I think, of the Hallmark mysteries. New ones coming soon.

We went to the Health Care place today and got my braces. I think they will help. I've had them on all day.  Then we went to the PO and got our passport pics taken and made an appt for me to go in and do the paperwork and take the oath for mine, since mine is a replacement. John's is just a renewal. Can't get in till May 25!

I walked quite a bit farther yesterday. I'm trying to strengthen my legs. My back still kills me by the time I get home. Don't know what I would do without Tylenol. Hardly take Tramadol anymore. Doesn't seem to help much.

Jane, glad the the tornado passed you by and Mary too.  Gotta go. Sharon

jane

84 degrees here today! Very windy here, too!  Down to normal 60s later this week.

Stay safe!

Jane

maryz

In the 80s here, too, this week. Getting past my comfort zone, and I turned the a/c on again this afternoon.

I have a doctor checkup on Wednesday. Margaret got tickets for the Picasso exhibit at the Frist Museum on Thursday. And I'm getting to go with her. This exhibit is only going to two sites in the US, so it's exciting to get to see it. We've borrowed a wheelchair for me.  That makes for a pretty busy week.

Hope everybody else has a good week!

SharonE

Mary, what great fun to go to the Picasso exhibit. I've seen a few of his paintings, but not many. They are really interesting.

Supposed to be in the 80's here today too. Jane, glad you're warming up.

I have bridge this afternoon, but am really hurting today for some reason.Hope it gets better as the day goes on.

Hi to all. Have a good day.  Sharon

jane

Mary...enjoy the exhibit.

Sharon...hope bridge game is good.  I sure miss playing.

Sirens are blaring... 2nd fire truck headed north...and now a 3rd.  Probably a ditch fire that got out of hand.   Farmers burn the ditches and some fields to rid of weeds, but the fire can be dangerous, obviously.

80s here again today, but to go back down to 60s tomorrow.  I did two short walks today.  Knees and hips just not up to more. 

I did get a new rain gauge out and a new finch feeder out.  I also put out grape jelly in case the orioles come by soon.

Jane

jane

Mary...hope your doc appt goes well.

35 degree drop in temps today!  That's hard on this old body.   

Stay safe and healthy,

Jane

alpiner1

I over did it yesterday & sure felt the affects last night .   I had a dentist appt at 11:30a.m. & did a little shopping afterwards .  . Too much walking , I stopped a couple of times to rest but I had skipped lunch & by the time I got home I was beat !  Oldest son was at our home when I arrived , he had missed my birthday & brought a birthday card & Mothers Day card with lottery cards (he knows I like to play them ) . 
I was very tired & fought to stay awake until bed time .  So today I still feel a bit tired .  I learned to never skip lunch again !

maryz

alpiiner, sorry you "overdid". It is tough sometimes to pace ourselves. Get some good rest.

jane, crazy spring temperature swings. Soon it will level out and just be nasty, hot summer.  ;D

Marilyn, just read your terrific news on Facebook.  House AND car gone!
HOORAY!!!!   :nanadance:  :hb2:

All good at the doctor's office - lab values good. And I don't have to go back for six months.

maryz

I was up all night vomiting - who knows why. The staff has been very solicitous. But no Picasso Exhibit for me today.   :'(

SharonE

Oh Mary, I'm so sorry you were ill. I hope you're better now, but what a shame that it nixed the Picasso exhibit. Any chance of seeing it later?

It's been in the 80's for 3 or 4 days, supposed to drop to 70's for a couple or 3 then back up again. We haven't turned on the AC yet, but may have to.

Jane, I've been trying to walk a little more, but I'm hurting a lot too. Bridge was fun but my cards weren't too good and the 2 hands I played, I played badly.  BTW, I didn't comment on your neighbor girl's new car, but it sounds adorable for a 16 yr old.

I also was so glad to hear that Marilyn sold both her house and the Corvette! She hopes to move in 2 months according to her FB post.

Alpiner, you are just going to have to learn to pace yourself. At our age, we can't skip meals and run all day.

Tomorrow, I hope I can remember that. I'm taking Bunny to be groomed at a big mall and have several things I need to do while she is being worked on. If they keep her too long, I may see if I can get my nails done.

The Dr was here this AM, but she didn't have the tetanus vaccine to give us. The pharmacy had to order it. She didn't say when she would come by to give it to us. We got our last one with all our other shots before we went to So. Africa 10 yrs ago, so need a new one. Want it before our trip.

No other news here. Darlene, hope it's not too hot there. Hi to all. Sharon  Hey, where's Jeanne? She hasn't posted in a long time.

Marilyn

Well here I am, it has been a hectic few days. I sold the Corvette on Tuesday morning and I sold the house Tuesday afternoon. A couple whose son lives across the street is buying it for the daughter and grand kids. No real estate person involved.

I will be getting another dumpster next week. Keith's 3 sons are supposed to come on the 14th for a quick overnight trip to pick up the photos I have set aside for them. Gilbert and forest are coming again to help and lso to trailer the  1972 Opel Gt home for Forest to store and restore at his leisure.

jane

Darlene...just reading about your horrendous hail storms there in Tx.  Did you have any damage?  Hope all is well with you and your family.

Mary....hope you're feeling better. 

Alpiner...as the others said, you know now you need to take care of you.

Marilyn...WhooHoo....corvette and house sold! 

Sharon...hope you get that manicure you wanted.

Beautiful here...windy but nice temps...though a roller coaster up and down. 

I went to both grocery stores for the few items I wanted, then home to put those away, and I then took myself out for lunch!

Stay safe,

Jane

Cottoncandy

..Jane just a quick reply...the wind and hail was about 60 miles from me....we had some wind and 2 inches rain which so thankful for...Hi to all reading

jane

Darlene...thanks for letting us know you're ok.  We, too, are desperate for rain.  Not looking likely from the forecasts.   :-[

jane

maryz

I've been okay all day, after the rocky night. Turns out there were several others sick, so our place was pretty much shut down today. Don't know if it was something we ate, or some sort of virus, but we had our meals brought in - chicken noodle soup and ginger ale. We're scheduled to have breakfast brought in tomorrow, and then reevaluate.

As the fates would have it, Margaret didn't get to the exhibit, either. She was headed in to Nashville, and got caught behind a big wreck on the interstate (2 fatalities), and was stymied for over 2 hours, before she gave up and just worked on getting off the road and back home. Guess it just wasn't meant to be.

jane

Mary...I bet the Director there is taking a very close look at the food that was served that several of you got so sick.  I've had food poisoning, too, and it's horrible!

Beautiful day here and we're to have a "scorching weekend"...whatever that means for Iowa in May...guess near 90, which is unusual here this early in the spring/summer.  I went out to get "dessert" for tonight...bought lemon bars and banana bars.

I got my hoses connected so I could water the front easily, but need to buy another hose. The one I bought last year is too light weight...it kinks easily. 

I've tried this morning to pay my car insurance online and couldn't get it to go.  I'd called about the "balance" shown online and talked to Helena who explained the house insurance due in June was included there, but not due yet.  I called back when I couldn't get the car insurance to submit, and luckily got Helena again.  She thought it was because it really isn't due yet, but she took my credit card and got it to through, so that's "dusted and done."

Time to relax a bit and have some lunch.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

SharonE

Mary, glad you're feeling better. Hope the kitchen cleans up its act! I guess there must have been a reason why neither you nor Margaret got to the exhibit, but I know you're both disappointed.

Marilyn, I'm just so happy for you getting both the house and car sold and especially that you didn't need a realtor! That makes a big difference on the bottom line with only a lawyer to pay. With all the guys coming, you should be making big progress. Finally! Hurray!!

Darlene, glad you're safe. That hail sounded awful.  We had heavy winds last night, but that's all.

Jane, isn't it frustrating when the supposedly easier online things don't work?!  The phone is a lot easier if you don't have to wait forever. Sorry the big drop in temp caused so much pain. We're staying pretty warm, but I'm still hurting.

I got Bunny groomed and while there got my gel nails done. I sure hope they last and stay strong.  Even trying to put on a necklace notched my nail yesterday. They are just pitiful.  I just had them done in a natural color because they are pretty short. Maybe when they grow out, I can get them done pretty for our trip to Brian's.  I also stopped at a cell phone repair place but they didn't have a battery for my phone but told me where to get one. Then he said I had pretty much maxed out the memory and needed to start deleting a bunch of stuff and then maybe it wouldn't act so wonky.  I guess I just need to break down and get a new one, but I don't want spend enough to get a good one.

Nothing else going on here.  Stay safe and have a nice weekend. Sharon

maryz

I've still been a little queasy, but no "active" problems (fortunately). This has obviously been some sort of virus, because a number of folks have had "both problems", including staff members. That's bad enough, but glad it wasn't food poisoning. In any case, we're still pretty much quarantined, with meals in our rooms, for the time being. I keep busy with the computer and knitting.

Sharon, glad you got your manicure. I hope to get another next week or the next. I like to have the gel nails, too. It keeps my nails much stronger and they'll grow. I usually get a clear polish with sparkles (just a little "bling").

jane, I think your weather is even crazier than ours.

Darlene, glad you didn't get the hail. It can do so much damage.

Happy Weekend, Buddies!

jane

Beautiful windy Saturday morning here in Iowa.  It's supposed to be in the high 80s and then a "cold" front tomorrow night and storms.  We could sure use the rain.  I watered yesterday, but rain would be very welcomed.

Happy May Day to everyBuddie! 

Mary...Yikes, it almost sounds like that norovirus that hits cruise ships and classrooms.  It spreads quickly and lots of intestinal and stomach nastiness. 

I've been catching up on bill paying online and getting the checkbook up to date.

I need to work outside a bit on hooking up a new heavy duty hose I bought that's suppose to be "kink free."  I'm so tired of battling the one I bought last year.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

Cottoncandy

Woke up to pouring down rain...under flash flood warning...of course need the moisture for sure...Jane...I too have to replace my water hose...it kinks real bad...I've just got to make sure to get the right length ...so I can reach my bird baths..etc..today is city and school election...mabey the rain will let up so I can go vote...should have voted early...Mary sure hope you are feeling better..Sharon..always nice to get our nails done..Marlyin...I think you were very blessed to sell your car and house as you did...good luck on finding your next home...well that's my Saturday...I think watching movies is my plan for this rainy Sat....take care yall

SharonE

Mary, I think your virus traveled this way and attacked Bunny! She has been being picky about her food and last night about 10:30, she vomited up her whole dinner on the living room rug--not the oriental, fortunately, but having trouble cleaning up the spot. Took her to the vet this AM and have her on 2 meds. May have to change her food if this doesn't help. If it's not one thing, it's another!

Tonight, we start going to the main dining room on a regular basis. No delivered meals unless you want to pay for them. I'll still cook on Sundays.

Jane, I'm surprised you can handle one of those big heavy hoses. I can't. Before we moved, I bought one of those collapsible "Pocket" hoses each year. They didn't kink and were light weight. John had a heavy one he used in the far back garden, but I only used mine for the flower bed around the bird feeder, and for the bird bath and a couple flower pots. We had irrigation for most of our lawn.

I need to get back to my laundry. Have a nice evening. Sharon

JeanneP

I am still keeping up with you all by reading. Hope will be back soon. Having little tummy problem at the moment. Seemed to come on quick. About a week after taking last shot. Got 2 great Doctors giving me lots of test. Fact Friday will be another one. A Ultra Sound this time and them will be a Colonoscopy following Wednesday. Never had one by choice but have to now. What one has to do in order to get ready.
All take care. Great News on Marilyn being now able to move to California.

JeanneP