Random Image

cloudy

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:48:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

Hot here, too, as many of you have. 

I went with friends to a brunch buffet over in East Dubuque and it was a pleasant way to start a hot Sunday.

Back into "at home cool clothes" and may see what Olympic events are on this afternoon.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

jane

I called Ray's only remaining sister....the oldest of the 4 kids...who  is 98 today!  She sounded great and then told me of one granddaughter who has to be among the most self-centered people I've ever known.  She intentionally got pregnant with a guy who's a super con man and has a now 4 yr old.  She wanted to be a "stay at home" mom, but she picked a loser for her baby's daddy.  He lies, lies, lies and well, so does she.  She's found out that being a single mom isn't all fun and cute clothes.  She took the little one, who was sick with a fever, to stay with him when HE was also sick...has covid...because she had "plans" for the evening.  My SIL said this girl's aunt...who's battling cancer...had a fit...and jumped in the car...went to the "daddy's" apt.  He let her in, she took the baby, and took her to her house.  She said "Will" was indeed sick.   I'm so glad I live FAR away from that kind of drama.  So, my 98 yr old SIL is babysitting the little one today...because the granddaughter is working a half day.  She's more concerned about flying here and there for a friend's engagement than getting shots or a doc visit for her little girl.  My blood boils. 

Steamy Monday here.  I did a walk this morning at 7:15 when it was low 60s.  AND you know that's EARLY for me.  Then I went over to a neighboring town to a tire and battery and appliance store recommended by my local mechanic to see about new tires for my 2014 car.
 He suggested I get the same brand, and I had a great woman who suggested an "all weather" type that's good on snow since I stay here for the winter now.  She asked.  She also figured out the price for another brand and the one I want...Michelin...was just a few dollars more and so those I ordered and she'll have a battery put aside and on Thursday, they'll put them all in.  I figure I'm all set for another 50,000 miles then.

I got to the grocery store and then had lunch downtown and now home.  I'm headed down to Gary and Kathy's to help him with resetting his password for Amazon.  He's terrible about keeping track of his passwords. 

It's close to 90 and maybe thunderstorms will pop up this afternoon.

Take care and stay safe,

jane

Cottoncandy

Hi Buddies...hot one here..will be close to 98 all of August...It felt humid and hot when I walked...got there by 8...didn't want to get out of bed this morning...Jane it's probably cooler for you on ur walk..sad about the little one that's sick....seems this generation don't want to take care of their kids....Sharon I had to have a basal cell removed from my nose a few years ago...didn't leave a very bad scar tho...Marlyin hope you are getting the help you need for K......Hi to everyone looking in...must get me a glass of cold sweet tea...

Cottoncandy

Dont know why my message split like that....any clues?

MaryPage

Ceci, you probably got past the instructions that have the / inside of the brackets and began typing again.  In other words, you most likely cancelled your own instructions regarding how you wanted your post to look.

Jane, that is SUCH a sad story.  In my huge family are several individuals I can only describe as lacking judgment.  I have one who never exercises "follow-through."  That one thinks up terrific projects, spends handfuls of money to get started with them, and then drops them entirely before they have had a chance to pay off!!! Seriously, this one has done that over and over and over again.  Why?  Oh, I wish I knew!  Another one I know to be suffering a mental illness, and I die a million deaths for the children involved.  The public understanding of these things is almost 180° better than it was when I was young, yet it still has a way to go.  For some reason I cannot fathom, people do not recognize the brain is one of the organs of our bodies, and it suffers illnesses just as do our lungs, hearts, stomachs, livers, kidneys, etc.  These illnesses are not our fault, and need to be treated.  But whether a person has a cancer or a depression or a mania seems to affect how much slack we cut them.  Sad, but true.  I see some of my kin, only a few, thank goodness, causing real pain to others of my kin, and I recognize how damaging it is to their lives.  Makes you want to take a large club and knock a few heads in just the right way to make those causing others, including me, to agonize see things straight, for a change, it does!

jane

Darlene...MaryPage nailed it.  For some reason the second part of your message was outside the coding that set your size and color for the first half of the message. 

MaryPage....100% agree on the family drama.  I'm glad there are adults near her to step in...  and that I'm not.  I don't think I could hold my tongue.  She's been a self-centered, spoiled brat since her Mom died when she was 9.  Her dad gave her everything she wanted except guidance and common sense. 

Darlene...I got up really early (for me) and was out on the sidewalk by 6:30 when it was 63.  It's to go to the 90s here this week and tomorrow is esp. hot, I guess. 

This afternoon's work is going for a pedicure.   :D   MY kind of work. 

Stay safe and healthy!

jane

SharonE

Hi Gals, I've been AWOL. Not for any good reason, just busy.

Jane, John used to say that people needed to have a license to have a child. I think that applies to the great niece you were talking about. I don't blame you for being glad not to be involved in the drama. Our heat is abominable also, but we did have rain storms last night, so maybe that got rid of some of the smoke. Your mani sounds good. I got one last week.

John got home safely and had a lovely visit with his sister although she tires easily and has a very short-term memory. I just got an email from her guardian saying that the trip was well-timed because they had another Covid case on Sat and had to lock down the facility again.

Mary, I am not a big fan of Red Lobster either, but it sounds like you found a good dish.  Yes, my PT is good and a nice young man. We have a good conversation in between exercises.

Marilyn, I don't know enough to advise you about the Medi-Cal, but the Eldercare should be able to advise you on it. Glad the smoke isn't a factor where you live.

HI Darlene, Glad you can get out early before the heat.

Mary Page, I so agree with what you told Marilyn.

Alpiner, good luck with your dr's appt.

I am playing bridge this afternoon.
Sharon

jane

We're getting all sorts of warnings about the heat and humidity tomorrow.  I can't imagine what it would be like without AC.  I have a doc appt...the annual "wellness" thing ...so I'll get my new scripts and hope to get home quickly. 

Sharon...glad John had a good visit and got home safely.  Hope you had good cards today!  I miss playing, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I got up and walked at 6:30 am and it quickly got much warmer.  I got my pedicure at 1:00 and then went out by the second golf course here to see if it was still "Taco Tuesday" there and it was, so at 2:30 I had my lunch there.  It'll probably be my supper, too.  8)

I'm unhappy with AARP today.  I have a Chase visa credit care through them...and they're changing in Sept. to a Barclays issued mastercard.  I hate this change.I'm investigating some alternatives.   8)

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

MaryPage

Hmm, Jane, I don't know how it works, but I suspect Visa & Mastercard have contracts with the banks, and Mastercard must be beating out Visa in costs lately.  Or at least, with your bank and mine.  My Visa, which I'd had for simply years, and rarely used, became a Mastercard a couple of years or so ago.  I forget when, actually, but it hasn't been real long.  My card was/is Citi Bank.  I do not recall being offered any choice in the matter, or noticing any difference.  I probably use the card twice a year.  Now that I don't go anywhere and don't need anything, I'm just not a big shopper.  Plus I use cash a whole lot, as I got tired of having my card used fraudulently.

jane

MaryPage....I suspect you're right about it being $$ for AARP or whatever.  I put everything I can on the card, pay it off each month or oftener, and collect the cash back it offers.  My local credit card only gives "points" for merchandise, and I much prefer the cash back.  This is just an inconvenience, not a problem, but it annoys the heck out of me.   :knuppel2:

jane

MaryPage

I managed to get myself down to only 2 credit cards after my husband died.  One is Discover, and I use it all the time because it pays cashback.  I buy all of my groceries with it, giving me a really good amount of cash back.  But sometimes you encounter a vendor who will not accept Discover, and for those rare occasions I kept that Visa card: the one that became MasterCard.  Basically, I have tried to get all of my financial business down to just a few basics in order to make things easier for the daughter who is on all of my accounts with me and has my Power of Attorney and is named Administrator of my Estate in my will.  Finishing up with and closing down the piles of paperwork is a task I have had to perform for some of my older generation, and I know now how to simplify things for my own heirs.  Not that I am now or ever have been possessed of great wealth.

But hey, I did win $7.00 in the Maryland Lottery last week!  Seven Dollars was a lot of money back when I spent six weeks of the summer just prior to my Senior year of High School working in a People's Drug Store as a soda jerk.  I wanted that job SO badly, and had such fun making every possible flavor of milk shake or ice cream soda I could come up with.  My pay was $30.00 a week, and I was tickled to death to be earning such a large sum! Summer of 1946, that was.

maryz

MaryPage, like you, my daughter has all of that POA stuff, on my bank account, access to the financial stuff. And her sisters are delighted that she is willing to do that.  ;D

jane, I got the mailing from AARP about the change in cards, too. And, like you, I put everything I can on the card - almost never write a check or pay cash. I get the "rewards" back as credit to my account. I pay most almost all of my bills by automatic bank withdrawal or on-line bank drafts - only one or two charged to my card. Looks like the worst part will be changing those few things, and getting used to the new number - not that that's not a pain in the butt.

Temps here to be probably 100 for the next couple of days. Love that a/c.  Got my finger stuck for INR this morning - no change in treatment and get next stick in 6 weeks.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

We use Bank of America for all our banking needs including a cash rewards credit card and a travel card for overseas purchases. Everything is credited directly to our checking. We don't use checks much anymore either. Most things direct debited.

It is to be around 102 today!! Way too hot for me.

However, we had a productive morning. We had dental appts at 9:00. Ugh, but it was just a regular checkup. No problems. Then we stopped at the CLT regional library not too far from us and finally got our NC library cards amd some books. Then we went to the grocery and got the weeks groceries.

My cleaning girl didn't come yesterday or today. Darn it!

Bridge cards were some better and I won for our table, but twice I was at tables with ladies in their late 90's who were so slow I nearly went nuts. I'm impressed with how well they play, but between not hearing and being so slow, it is painful to play with them. I will get there early and try to avoid their table next time.

Not much else going on here. Hi to everyone. Sharon

MaryPage

That is why, after playing Bridge since I was twelve, I don't belong to my local Bridge Club any longer; or play at all, for that matter.  At 92, I can remember quite clearly many events of my youth, but not what I thought of just now that made me get up out of my easy chair to go do something.  Yep, once on my feet, I am without a clue as to why I am on them.  Pitiful!

jane

Maryz....glad to hear you got the "changing card" email, too.  I'm looking at getting another Chase Visa card, but only if I don't have to unlock my credit.  They have a long history of my payments and never late, so that should be enough, imho.

Sharon...sorry about the cleaning gal not showing.  My own has injured her leg and can't work for at least 3 weeks.  I don't get company and so I don't worry about it.  I can swiffer up the kitchen floor, do the bathrooms, and run a vacuum on my traffic areas...and the rest can wait.  I'm not fussy about those other areas.

MaryPage...several of our former players developed dementia and trying to play with them was very tense.  One would bid as if she was playing euchre or 500....bidding things like "4 Aces"....or some other off the wall bridge bid.  You could never trust her bid...she'd bid with 8 points in her hand. 

What a morning.  I drove 15 miles over for my new tires and battery...and they did that quickly.  On the way, I got a phone call from my medical provider about my xray yesterday...but it wouldn't come through on my car, though my cell was paired up.  I tried to call back 3 times and always put on "hold"....last time for over 5 minutes and 10 seconds.  So, I decided to drive over and go in to talk to the nurse.  The rash is now spreading to my face, too, and there appears to be more swelling above my collarbone.

I did get to see the nurse who said xray was normal...and then my NP came in and looked at the rash.  She now thinks it's a yeast infection.  It's not shingles since it's on both sides of my body.  So...new prescription for the yeast infection and a pill, too....and put the expensive cortisone creme aside for future use.   Now waiting for WalMart to call with my prescription and for the hospital to call with a time and date for an MRI on this wonky collar bone.

Thank heavens there's no pain...just itching. 

Stay safe and healthy,

MaryPage

OMG, Jane!  Sometimes itching is worse than pain.  I am agonizing for you.  With you?  And, I don't know about you, but I couldn't add one more medication to my daily routine!  Errrkug!

jane

MaryPage...And the more things change!  I got a call from the nurse that things had changed.  The radiologist says the MRI won't show what is wanted so that's been changed to an ultrasound.  I'm assuming the hospital will call next week.
 I finally got a message that my 'scripts were ready, so I've been able to use both.

SharonE

Jane, I must have missed out on the collarbone issue. Did you fall? As for the itching, I would definitely be concerned about that too. Are they sure it's not a reaction to a medicine? I hope the new meds help. Itching is awful.

I can understand your not wanting to play with someone with early dementia. Bridge isn't a game for people like that. Maybe you could get a group together to play Mexican train or something requiring less mental ability. It's still fun.

I'm so glad we got to the library yesterday. We had just about exhausted the one here in the center. It's not as convenient as the one in Carolina lakes, but it is a lot bigger.

I've had a quiet day today, slept in for the first time this week and haven't done a whole lot. Some dusting and straightening and my PT and a short walk with Bunny.

Have a nice weekend everyone. Sharon

maryz

jane, sorry about the new meds and the itching. A yeast infection is especially itchy. And, at least for me, I can sublimate pain sometimes, but never an itch.  Good luck with your meds.

It's the only drawback here - that we haven't been able to get a bridge game going. Surprising in this age bracket. We had one table before our Covid lockdown, and now one of them has died. I need to ask the activities director to see if she can find some more. And I certainly agree about the difficulty of playing with folks who aren't able to deal with the hands.  I just haven't tried to play online.

I haven't had a mammogram since spring 2019 - mostly due to Covid issues. I'm going to check with the internist when I have my next annual checkup.

I had quite an experience in the middle of last night. About 4 a.m., I was sleeping in the bed, when the 3rd shift RAs came into the room, fast, and turning on lights. How are you???  Is anything wrong? Anything smell bad?? So I say, I'm fine, what's the problem. They said their system showed a problem in my room, and about that time, the fire alarm in the building went off and rang for a few minutes.  Once they determined I was indeed okay, they left - saying that the fire department would probably be coming. About 10 minutes later, in come 4 big firemen in full gear, checking out the rooms. Turns out something was wrong with the smoke alarm in the bedroom (although it wasn't going off), and our maintenance would have to handle it. After they left, I moved to the chair, but was sure I wouldn't sleep again. Then the RAs came back with the maintenance guy and a ladder. He checked the alarm and dusted it off and said it looked find to him and he reassembled it. Everybody finally left a little before 5 a.m. I asked the RAs to tell the morning shift to NOT wake me up, if I managed to go back to sleep and missed getting to breakfast on time. To my surprise, I did go back to sleep, and slept for another couple of hours - and still got down to breakfast, too. I hope we don't have a repeat of that anytime soon.

Let's try to keep cool, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Mary...I hate those middle of the night upsets.  I'm glad you were able to get back to sleep.

Sharon...my collarbone on the right is enlarged with swelling around it.  NP says it could be arthritis, but I think that it's somehow related to this yeast infection on my skin.  Both happened at exactly the same time.  I hate this pill ...also an antifungal...makes me feel light headed, "nervous" and gives me a headache...so I checked and they are side effects.  I'm glad I only have one more to take.  And, the redness and itching is getting better and it's no longer spreading.

I'm having a kind of slug day...doing some computer stuff and watching Hallmark Mysteries nonstop today.

I tried to walk this morning because it was cooler, but only got 1/2 my walk in...smoke in the air and hard to breathe, so I turned and came home. 

The nursing home here is limiting number of visitors indoors to residents.  So, the Delta variant must be increasing here....and Governor says no schools can have a mask mandate. 

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

Marilyn

Hello Buddies. Not much is new here. All is well Still trying to get this place organized. I was attempting to place an ad on Marketplace  for a caregiver but it doesn't seem to be  working for me. I can't find a place to offer the job just one to apply for the job,( no sib,ot button) so I gave up. I really need to find someone to help out with some cleaning and organizing as well as to give me a break.

I have been walking the dogs at least 3-4 times a day 2 already today and it is  just about noon now, However I have been having some trouble with my leg and sciatic nerve on the right side,. The last two nights the whole leg has hurt. I haven't even been able to find an internist here, or a cardiologist that doesn't want me to have my record transferred before they will even make an appointment for me. I have to find a neurologist for Keith as well as an Internist.

SharonE

Marilyn, I would get those records asap so you can get into the drs. I'm sorry you haven't been able to find help. Is there an agency you could contact or maybe ANGI's list? Maybe you better shorten the dogs' walks till your sciatica etc clears up.

Jane, I'm so sorry you are having such a problem with the  yeast infection and the collarbone. I hope they get to the bottom of it soon.

Mary, what a rude awakening and disturbance in the middle of the night. I'm glad you were able to get back to sleep.

I did laundry yesterday and we had dinner with our villa neighbors finally last night. They are in their 90's and she fell and broke a hip and got C-diff and was in rehab for quite a while but is doing fine now.

I slept in today then watched our church on You Tube and did my PT and folded clothes. Exciting stuff! But we our taking our neighbor who kept Bunny for us out to dinner  tonight since dinner isn't served here on Sundays.This will be our first time to eat out since the pandemic started!

Hi to all I haven't mentioned.  Sharon

jane

Nice day here temperature-wise, but the smell of smoke was nasty when I got downtown.  So, I've been in the house for the rest of the day. I've been binge watching Hallmark Mysteries all day and working on a computer project. 

I tried to watch some Olympics, but women's BMX racing and fencing weren't of much interest to me. 

I see that the Sturgis Motorcycle thing starts this Friday...and here we have the State Fair coming up in two weeks.  I'm glad I won't be at either...but I bet a lot of unvaccinated people will be and the Delta variant, too.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

jane

Hi, Buddies!  It's a cool and less smoky day here.  I was able to walk to town so that was a good start to my day.  My head is still "fuzzy" from that darn pill.  I'm so glad I'm done with those and now to get it out of my system.  I wanted to go get groceries this morning, but I don't think it's safe for me to drive with this fuzzy brain.  I'll wait until tomorrow. 

Marilyn...maybe as soon as you get a doc for K, he'll have...or your local hospital...may have Home Health Care that has home health nurse and CNA's who can come and help with K's bathing and health checks.  It's part of Medicare here in Iowa.  They also have a list of people who offer a variety of services...respite time, housework, cooking, etc. and their price ranges.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

Tomereader1

Does anyone here use a CPAP Machine?
 If so, have you used one of the CPAP cleaning machines?  If you have, kindly review for me, with Brand name and where you purchased.  Thank you.

MaryPage

I had, some time ago, a really great window washer, Eric.  He finally quit, having found a better job (this window washing was his own business) and I did without for quite some time.  Then I went on Angie's list, which has apparently changed hands and is just Angi's now, or something like.

I was inundated with emails from roofers, gutter cleaners and/or replacers, construction workers of every type and kind, tree people, landscapers, you name it.  I live in a rental apartment in a community of condominiums.  Neither I, nor my landlord, has a thing to do or say about the outside of this building, EXCEPT keeping the windows clean, and that is on me.  So I was reduced to screaming at my computer: "ALL I wanted was a Window Washer, for heaven's sake!"  Actually, I am being considerate of your feelings when I say that I said that.  It was many shades less ladylike.

Bob & I both went to a medical group here in town that was a geriatric practice, and I strongly, I do mean strongly, recommend such a practice if there is one near you and if your insurance will cover their care.  I found they really knew what they were doing. And they had it down to a science, which, ahem!, it is meant to be.  They had a smooth sort of circle of rooms and staff and machinery right in their office maze, and you were handed from one to the other.  They were a practice of five, and you got to know them all, as one was ALWAYS on call.  Always.  And yes, less you think you did not have your own doctor in the group: you did.  Well, I adored my doctor and she did me just one whole lot of good.  She spotted my C.O.P.D. without any fuss whatsoever and started me right on inhaling daily medication.  She caught Everything!  One day I found myself in one of their little rooms having a bone density test, and Lo!  I had/have osteoporosis.  The doctor who started the group eons ago retired and another one left and they were down to three.  Then they went concierge, and I couldn't afford it any longer, so I had to quit.  I like my new doctor, an internist, but she is not nearly as thorough and the office, a much larger practice, does not have the in house tests and remedies and such like.  I don't know if any others of you have experienced geriatric practices, but speak up if you have.  We don't have another within a reasonable drive.  I color them wonderful, and very comforting.  They get to know us old folk really, really well and every little thing that goes wrong with us.

And yes, I could have afforded it if I'd been willing;  but I am either too cheap or too frugal; call it as you see it.  I deeply resent the concept of concierge medicine.  One of my granddaughters utilizes it, and loves her doctor and the whole thing.  Good on her!  Love that girl to bits, but I'm not getting on that train!

Hi to each and every.

Cottoncandy

Good morning everyone..got my walk in...early...can't take the heat anymore..now cleaning house...kids coming this weekend...our town is having the yearly "Old Settlers" event..with all kinds booths...a big parade of course...I will be watching from car...not getter getting out in the big crowd..Jane I thought your summers was cool...hope your rash s better..and you find out the cause..Marlyin..hope you find the adds you need..Mary Z..I just have one credit card..discover...Hi Sharon..MaryP and any others reading...Have a great day

jane

MaryPage...I found a geriatrician when Ray was concerned that his internal medicine guy wasn't really listening to him.  He was concerned about his balance, etc.  She is on the staff of the Univ. of Iowa, and she was wonderful.  Her "team" included a pharmacist who looked over Ray's meds for interactions, another who was a neuropathy expert and found Ray did have neuropathy in his feet which contributed to the balance issues, etc.  He was quite pleased with her.  She's too far away for me for being my regular medical provider. 

Darlene...July and August can be brutal here...high temps and humidity...and you'll find this hard to believe, but all the corn the farmers grow here contributes to the humidity in a big way.  Honest! It's called "corn sweat."
Good for you on walking.  I know your temps are high...and for longer periods of time than we are here.

I didn't get out this morning.  I slept in longer and my head is better...guess that awful med is finally getting out of my system.  I'm such a wuss when it comes to interactions with meds. 

I got out to WalMart for my groceries I get there and to Farm Fleet for birdseed and to the corn farm where I get fresh sweet corn.  Then home to put those away, and then back down to the diner for lunch.  On to the other grocery store and the back home. 

The Olympics have been hard for me to follow...times just don't work out for seeing what I want, so I'm glad I can hear who's won what.  I admire Simone Biles for trying the balance beam and I hope she can get her head straight and get rid of the "twisties."  I'm also glad she and other athletes are high-lighting mental health issues.  My personal opinion is that MOST of us have had issues with the pandemic, the politics of this last year, the weather issues, etc.  Everything, for me, has been chaos. 

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

maryz

I've been watching a good bit of the Olympics, too. There are some sports I'm just not interested in (beach volleyball, boxing, soccer, etc.). I've been watching more on USA=TV during the day, rather than NBC. NBC shows the premier events on replay at night, and I've watched them then. I'm enjoying the track-and-field events, swimming, diving, gymnastics, etc. We all have our favorites, don't we.

MaryPage and jane, I've heard of geriatric practices, but have never heard of one in my area. Sounds good, though. John's brother-in-law in the LA area has been seeing a concierge doctor for a long time. It seems to have worked well for him over the years, but I don't know more about his experience.

Nothing exciting going on around here - just the usual TV/computer/knitting stuff. This is a good thing. Only biggie is that today is my "baby's" 60th birthday!

Happy August, Buddies

jane

Maryz....WHAT....HOW can your "baby" be 60 when you're only 39 yourself?  It must be some mystery science thing....a 39 yr old having a child who's now 60!  HUH!!! :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:  :D  :smitten: