Random Image

Wise Turtle

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

September 16, 2021, 06:41:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Jun 16 2021 10:02pm
Beverly: We see you Carol! Join is in Norm's Bait and Tackle or The Soda Shoppe!

Jun 15 2021 12:02pm
Carol: Hello all!  I hope this brings me back .  ''Jenny - hugs to you and Bob.   Take care everyone!

Jun 15 2021 11:58am
Carol:  :)  Hello everyone~  I hope you see my greeting! 

Apr 28 2021 12:00pm
sunluvngal: Good morning everybody, wishing you all a happy day...Another beautiful day in Havasu! :)

Feb 24 2021 8:23pm
mycheal: Spring  thaw has arrived here :)

Feb 21 2021 3:49pm
Oldiesmann: Ours is finally melting.

Feb 20 2021 8:05am
so_P_bubble: 4 inches in Jerusalem!

Feb 13 2021 11:01am
Oldiesmann: Anyone else buried in snow? We got 8 inches here Monday into Tuesday, another half inch or so Wednesday and more is coming next week

Jan 22 2021 12:28pm
Pooch1: One of these days AARP will begin flooding your mailbox, too! (IMHO it's in the business of selling things.)

Jan 21 2021 11:26pm
Oldiesmann: Reader's Digest thinks I'm a senior citizen now apparently. I got a subscription offer in the mail saying they'd approved a "special seniors discount" for me

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryz

Good morning, Buddies. Sorry to have been silent for a while - mostly just nothing to contribute. Watching the weather. Darlene, did you get any rain from Nicholas? We're supposed to get rain from the outer bands today, but nothing more than that.

I'm certainly with the rest of you in being amazed at people's reactions to being required to do something as simple as wearing a mask. And for crying out loud, don't they get their kids vaccinated for measles, polio, diphtheria (DPT shots), tetanus, etc. And use seat belts. Etc., etc.

On the happy side, I'm starting to think about a short trip I'll be taking in December. My oldest grandson and his lady are getting married in midDecember. It'll be very small, only parents, siblings & spouses, and grandparents, at Barnsley Gardens just north of Atlanta. I'm the only grandparent left on either side, so I think I really should go. Of course, being excited to do so, too. He's the last of our grands to marry, although they've been together for years. Still a happy time.

Happy Wednesday, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Cottoncandy

Good morning Buddies...it was cool walking thus morning..but will heat up after lunch..Mary...no rain from Nicholas...to far north..hope you get to go to grandson wedding..I decided to go be with family when possible..I have had vaccine..wear mask and use common sense..going to see 2 of my sons next week...Mary P it is scary to get something stuck in windpipe..a Dr told my friend to eat a piece of banana..it would move it down...course haven't tried it..Alpiner...asthma and copd is a lot to deal with..Jane Tex is probably maxed out on covid..I don't go to funerals much anymore..been 8 years since my hubby passed...miss him every single day...Hi to Marlyin Patrica and others reading..Sharon ..hope you and John have wonderful trip...be safe

MaryPage

Mary, I too hope you get to that wedding.  Like you, I am the last of my generation on either side of both children & spouses and granddaughters & spouses.  Unlike you, I am no longer able to travel, for a myriad reasons too depressing to list, so I won't. 

Darlene, I think your friend must have misunderstood her doctor.  The banana might be a great idea, one I've not heard of previously but feel encouraged to try, for getting pills stuck in your THROAT, but when you get something stuck in your windpipe, you cannot speak and you cannot SWALLOW.  Repeat, you cannot swallow.  And for the something to go down further, or even into your lungs, could be fatal.  You can only go just so long without breathing.  So you could not swallow a piece of banana, or anything else, for that matter, and if you could, which you can't, there is no way you could make that piece of banana go into your windpipe instead of your throat.  When something does mistakenly enter the windpipe when it has been meant for the throat, I don't really understand how it happens. It happens in a nanosecond and so swiftly that you are totally unaware until you find you can neither speak nor breathe and you are in great peril.  No, your friend meant to say throat, not windpipe; for surely the doctor did.

We can all be grateful the windpipe thing is so very rare.  Not nearly rare enough, yet still rare.  And if I had not had Bob there, I doubt I would have lived to tell of the experience.  It is soundless, fast, and without mercy.  I go over and over and over it in my mind, even after all these years, and I can only come to the conclusion that it has Something to do with talking while you have food in your mouth.  And I agree that we all have to think about just what we would do were it to happen when we are alone.  But then again, if we are alone, why should it happen if talking triggers the problem?  Unless we are eating while on the phone, how could it happen?

Amy

CC, thank you for the information about the banana . I will be passing this on to friends, thank you!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

jane

I remember mercurichrome...or however it was spelled.  It didn't hurt.   :2funny:

I went to WalMart for my prescription that the Insurance company finally let me fill....and left with a "few" groceries...and $107.00 less in my bank account!  Those few things grew and grew as I decided I needed to stock up on some stuff.

They had CHRISTMAS TREES out already...and were putting away stuff to make room for Christmas ornaments.  YIKES! :uglystupid2:

Stay safe and healthy,

jane

patricia19

Good morning. Jane, they call that the 200.00 dollar milk syndrome.  :thumbup:

I started choking one time at lunch and had to go over to the counter and do my own Heimlich maneuver. That was frightening because I felt so helpless! I don't remember what it was other than a piece of fruit.

I haven't had breast cancer, but in 2000 I had colon cancer, my father and two sisters had it, each of us in the nineties, and we all survived it. My mother was the one with breast cancer. Both my parents died later of other causes, but we all survived cancer luckily.

Cottoncandy

Mary Page...one can not rely on second hand information...I'm sure it depends on the situation....have a great day..CC

Marilyn

Yesterday at 01:58:39 PM #10627 Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:01:21 PM by Marilyn
Hello buddies. May I ask for good thought anf prayers for my Freckle?

She hurt her back legs slipping on the stairs, so she isn't walking very well. She is resting on one of her beds. She even slips on the house floors.  A few years ago I was told that she has a degenerating disk right above her hips which is the one that causes dogs to logs the back legs. I am hoping and praying that this isn't the case at this time. After all she is 14 now and age isn't very nice to any of us even our pets.
[/color]

maryz

MaryPage, I'm only getting to go because one of the family is coming to get me. I can travel by car, but that's all. I'm not willing to go through trying to get on an airplane.  ;D

jane, I hate it when they put all that stuff out so early. They were decorating the lobby of our building yesterday, and I was getting ready to whine about early decorations. But it turned out they were putting up Autumn decorations. Hooray!

Patricia, you're welcome to hang out with us for any reason.

Darlene, those of us who have lost our guys always miss them every day, no matter how long.

I'm one of those with COPD - smoking will get you, no matter when you quit. I do a once-daily inhaler medication, and have the "rescue inhalers", too. I don't use those very often, though. What was a surprise was when I wound up with two bad heart valves and open heart surgery for replacement. We keep plugging along.

Oh, Marilyn, I'm so sorry to hear about Freckles. Keep us posted. Hugs to you both!

"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."