Random Image

SS-February

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:02:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryz

In 2000 (I think), we were in Normandy with our oldest grandson on 6 June.  I can guarantee you he will always remember - if for no other reason for the experiences we had there.  It's a great story, but too long to recount here. 

Hot and humid here, too, but at least we're not getting Hurricane Colin.  I saw the orthopedist this morning - the shoulder looks okay.  But I'm sure we're going to be talking about total knee replacement when I see him again in October.  The cards at bridge were definitely spotty, and I'm hoping for a quiet evening.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Glad Colin is missing you, Maryz. 

We're in a dry spell...and temps are climbing to the mid 90s by the weekend with heavy humidity.  It'll be too much to be outside, I'm sure. 

I want to check the basement for some paint for some touch up things I'd like to get done...one of those things I've put off...and off...and off... ;D

My cleaning gal comes today, so I need to get some things "read up" [pronounced as if "red up"]  as we used to say in Ohio.  It meant getting things put away and back "ready" for company...or, in my case, my cleaning helper so she doesn't waste time on those things or puts them where I'll never find them. :coolsmiley:

I may also try to get a walk in this morning to the Library. 

Have a good Tuesday,

jane

MaryPage

I knew a gal once, oh, back in the early sixties, it was, and she was from Pennsylvania, and she used to say:  "It's time to red up the table."  And I remember asking her what in the WORLD she meant, and she looked at me as if I was daft and told me she was going to set the table.   I do not recall that she translated immediately, but after a little back and forth that was the meaning we arrived at.  So all of these many years, I have thought it was a Pennsylvania expression.

SharonE

Mary, we took our children to the D-Day beaches back in the 70's and revisited some again later on another trip. It is an awesome thing to visit the cemeteries there. Glad you are enjoying your bridge, even if it is spotty.

Very hot & humid here too. Supposed to get a bunch of rain later today as the edge of Colin goes through.

Jane, we use the term "redd up" also. Don't know if that is a midwestern thing or not. Our cleaning girl comes every other week. This is the off week. Next week when she comes she will stay on to wash all the windows on the inside.  The pressure washer took care of the outside.

We have birds nesting in the top of our chimney and they sing the prettiest songs which are broadcast in to me via the fireplace. I think they are house finches. We have a lot of those around.

Our HVAC guy is here checking out the system for the spring. He's kind of late, I think. I thing they should come in March & October down here. 

Hi to everyone.  Sharon

GinnyAnn

June 6, 1944 is an important date for me. My Mom got very nervous about my Dad's situation. He was stationed in Calif. and about to be sent off to war when the Red Cross notified him and he got sent home to be with my Mom and me. As it turned out he was never sent out of the states, but served as an MP here in the states. My Mom went to the different bases he was stationed at.

SharonE

June 8 was even more important in your family!!  :hb2:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GINNY!!
:hb2:

Hope you're having a special day.  Sharon

maryz

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GINNY ANN!!!!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

MaryPage

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINNY ANN!

Wishing you all things wonderful

beautiful & delicious!

Cottoncandy

Happy Birthday Ginny....hope it was a good day..Darlene

jane

Happy Birthday, GinnyAnn!

:hb3: :hb3: :hb3:

jane

We had 11 for bridge today, but my cards were mediocre this week.  I also did a small grocery store run before the heat of tomorrow, but it looks as if we'll have to go out and to a neighboring town...15 miles away...to see about Ray's flip phone.  It's acting very strange.

Jane

jane

I was surprised to awake to thunder and rain....and now the hot and humid is to descend upon us through the weekend. 

No big plans....taking care of the cell phone and then staying inside if the heat and humidity comes...and hoping Pittsburg Penguins take the Stanley Cup tonight in hockey.
Those guys must burn thousands of calories during a game. 

Jane

MaryPage

Went off to my six months appointment with my oncologist, and then a quickie trip to Trader Joe's.  We are enjoying a really delightful, fairly strong breeze here in Annapolis this gloriously beautiful day.  I'm about to hit my easy chair with a cup of coffee and the newspapers.  May even doze off!  Have a good one!

Sandy

Glad you added "trip to Trader Joes", 
Phew!
:lol:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

SharonE

It's another gorgeous day here, low humidity and low 80's!  Unfortunately, the 90's and high humidity is predicted for the weekend.  I guess we just have to enjoy this while we can.  John got the Japanese beetles sprayed yesterday. We weren't sure they were there yet until he sprayed and the clouds of them took off. Good thing he got to it when he did. They love our cherry & plum trees.

I'm hoping to hear back from my beautician. I need a haircut.  I also have to do the usual dreaded grocery shopping.

Tomorrow is our 55th anniversary! Can't believe it's been that long.  We will be going out to eat at a new restaurant with our neighbors on Saturday. I hope the restaurant is a good one. It's Italian (as is our neighbor) so he usually has a good nose for them.

Ginny, pop in and tell us how you celebrated your birthday.

Jane, sorry the cards weren't so good, but at least it's fun.

Hi Mary and Mary Page and Darlene and all.  Sharon

maryz

Happy Anniversary, Sharon & John!  We're to have that lovely weather here, too, with the subsequent mid90s and humidity.  Margaret is due here in about an hour to pick me up to go to the wedding.  I'll be back on Saturday, with company.  Then quiet again on Sunday after they leave. 

Have a good weekend, Buddies!

JeanneP

It is going to be even warmer than today (87) tomorrow and all week now until tuesday they are saying high 90s.So last night did a Library run and got 5 movies and 5 book. This morning will be a grocery store for a few things and then after that. change of clothes, A/C on and all closed up . People i usually talk on phone with are all on vacation and so even a nap may be taken.  My kind of vacation when it is so hot.  Put off UK and Texas until September.
JeanneP

jane

Happy 55th, John and Sherry!!

Maryz....enjoy the wedding...hope there is a lot of AC wherever you and Margaret are headed.

Heating up here, too, Jeanne, so headed your way!  I walked this morning, but took a bottle of water and it's been inching up towards the 90 degree mark since I've been home. 

I'll be inside now until we get ready to join neighbors and friends for Fri. night out.

The advantages of living in a small town came to be such a blessing to me yesterday.  Ray and I had gone to the laundromat to wash a very large item and some of the wrappings from his leg...and we had our IPADS and stuff...and I left my purse on the floor by the table that's in front of the front window that looks out onto the main street.  There was a young woman in there washing towels from her salon across the street and a nice looking young man, reading his book as his laundry washed.  I got home...and an hour later could not find my purse.  PANIC!!  I jumped into the truck, rushed down and started to rush across the street to the laundromat...and the fellow doing the SLOW/STOP sign for asphalt work a bit up the street asked me if I'd lost my purse!  YES! He smiled and said Amy, from the Beauty Shop had found it and had it.  He said the shop was closed because she'd had to run to the next town, but she'd be back later.  I called the number on the sign, got her, and she said she'd taken it to the Police Station.  I thanked her profusely, of course, and headed to the Police Station where the dispatcher smiled at me...and said "I was just calling you." There sat my purse on her desk...policeman brought it out, said to check it for everything...it was ALL there...the wallet, the $$, the credit cards, my insurance cards, my checkbook!! I went on to the bank, got a withdrawal to thank her.  I took it back to the shop and she didn't want to take it!!  I insisted...and she finally took it.  It took awhile for my adrenaline to get back to normal.

I don't need any more of that kind of excitement!!

Have a cool weekend, gals, and be careful if you have to be out.

jane

JeanneP

Its is going up to 95deg today here.
JeanneP

SharonE

Thanks for the good wishes, Mary & Jane.  We just had some brie cheese and French bread as an appetizer and in a few minutes I will go start our dinner of lamb chops and mashed potatoes.  I bought individual pieces of chocolate cake for dessert. Sin city!

Jane, I'm so glad you got your purse back okay. I can imagine how upset you were. Nice that you rewarded the beauty shop gal.  This 90+ temps is for the birds. I just came back from Ms Frances and I could just feel it beating down on me.  I went over early for an hour so that she wouldn't be alone all day with me having plans with John.  She really should be in an assisted living where she could be around other people.

Jeanne, I'm glad you have prepared your entertainment for the hot spell. It is so hot down here, but IL and IN can sure rival the discomfort when it gets that hot.

Mary, I hope the wedding goes well and that you have a wonderful time with everyone.

I do wish people would check in more often.  Sharon

JeanneP

Our TV weather man just told us it is 94 deg outside. No going out for me.  Was touched by watching the Funeral and showing all the thousand of people attending the Memorial. Lots of people got up and spoke . How the people of his home town gave him  send of.

Ex. President Clinton looked so tired but gave a good Memorial of knowing him. Billy Chrystal was so good.
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Happy anniversary Sharon and John.  I had appt with dermatologist today.  Got rid of one  suspicious skin area on my nose...so will be wearing a bandaid for a few days..Tuesday I go for my yearly eye exam...always something..we are having Texas hot and dry days now nights not much cooler....has anyone heard from Sue?..Hi to everyone..Darlene

MaryPage

I wish you a very happy anniversary, Sharon.  And many more.

Marilyn

We are home  and I have read all that I missed. Cats were so happy to see us amnd I will be getting freckles tomorrow when Katy brings her to the dog park tomorrow.

SharonE

Hi to all. Thank you for the anniversary wishes.

Hot and humid here too. 96 today and 98-100 tomorrow!  Ugh. I definitely won't be out in it.

I had appt. with the dr yesterday. My cholesterol actually went up a little on the Zetia, so will not be taking that again. It was so expensive, I wasn't going to take it unless it did something dramatic for my #'s.  The dr also gave me the breast ck that we didn't have time for at my annual appt. Everything fine.  My bone scan that I was just a tad better than last time, but not enough to celebrate. Anyway, not worse and not at a critical level anyway.

I still haven't heard from Sue. I presume she is still immersed in rehab and not feeling like talking, but I sure wish she would call.

Hope all of you can stay inside in the AC and relax during this hot spell.  Sharon

jane

I put another card to Sue in the mail yesterday and told her we were all thinking and praying for her and I asked her to please call Sharon.  I didn't want to overwhelm her with giving her other numbers or people to contact. 

As Jeanne said...dang hot here. I made a quick run to hardware store and I'm in for the rest of the day.  It's just too hard to breathe out there.  We had storms overnight and lost power, but everything working this morning.

Will catch up on some indoor painting and computer bookkeeping with my checkbook and Quicken.

Stay cool!!

jane

MaryPage

Beautiful day, here on the bay.  Speaking of the mighty Chesapeake, I spent a good bit of time emailing back and forth with Bubble in Tel Aviv yesterday, sending her all sorts of bits and pieces in an attempt to put her in the picture as far as this estuary is concerned.  All of you who have been here and seen it all, please assure Bubble that yes, Delaware and Maryland are itty, bitty states and Virginia is not one of our biggest, albeit it is far and away the loveliest place on the planet, and Delmarva stands for Delaware, Maryland and Virginia where they come together on a peninsula bordering the Atlantic Ocean.  And we are in a temperate zone here, where it is never as hot as Sue's Alabama can get nor as cold as Sandy Dapph's Maine is and/or Patricia's Alaska used to be.

Phew!  I'm all out of breath after that!

Today, Melissa and Adam are throwing a humongous party in celebration of Miles first birthday on May 19th.  It has been postponed no less than THREE times due to the torrents of rain May brought us.  Debi & Steve are driving over to Easton on Maryland's Eastern Shore for that event, and then dropping by Kathryn's mother in law's place in the same town, where Kathryn & John were married, to join in the bash for John's Jack Benny birthday, which is today, this very day.  For you youngsters not up on the slang belonging to MY age group, that means his 39th.

Paige and Alex and Ezra are devastated that they cannot join the family over there, as they have had tickets like forever to the Cirque du Soleil in Baltimore for today, for the purpose of celebrating Ezra's 5th birthday, which is this Monday, June 13th.  Tomorrow the three of them will depart for a vacation in the Dominican Republic.  I was tickled to hear that the books I sent Ezra arrived yesterday.  Me, I don't enjoy long rides in the car and crowds, so I am staying home and enjoying it all vicariously.  At my age, that is absolutely the best way to enjoy loud and lively parties! 

Toodles!

jane

GALS!  I had a note from Sue, thanking the BBs and me for the cards.  I will email you privately with what she had to say.  She hopes to be home in a week or two.  Details in the email coming your way.

jane

JeanneP

Jane.  I am hoping that that storm you had last night heads out way. Not heard of it happening yet.  Still up to 93 deg for next 3 days. Makes one wonder what July and Aug. going to be like. The 2 worse months for Illinois.
Glad Sue Contacted you. Sure she will contact more once she gets home. Wonder if she will go to her own house or to sons for a few weeks.
JeanneP

Marilyn

Did the usual Walmart run this morning, trying to get caught up[ on some of the emails ,I did out a vacation message to be sent to  people on my Hotmail account while I was gone.  I found a bunch of important mail in my junk folder including the reservation for the lodge where we will be staying next year for Corey and Maddie's wedding.( Keith's youngest son.)

I will soon be going to the dog park playday for all the Furry Friend dogs pretty soon, I also have to stop and buy dog food for her either on the way there or after.

Another busy week cioming up  Monday I have a cT on my nose structure. Wed and Thursday Dog visits and the chiropractor. Leaving Friday for the weekend at Neskowin  at Proposal Rock Inn. Kewith's sister Sandee sent us a check with the  stipulation that we go to Neskowin for the weekend. That is where the family had a cabin when the kids were young, ( Keith and Sandee) and were some of the parents asshes are spread so it is a sentimental journey for both Sandee and Keith.