October 23, 2019, 10:09:01 pm

News:

WELCOME HOME TO S&F!!
We're glad you found us and now we hope all of our members will do the same--find us!  Please pass the word around by email, Facebook, etc.
Re-register and then go to INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

collapse

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Random Image

Snow on birdhouse

Views: 673
By: Jeanne Lee

Shoutbox

• so_P_bubble: Good luck in your search, maybe you will be lucky and even get a better bargain than last!
    October 21, 2019, 04:12:06 am
  • Amy: Oldiesman Hope you found a car today..
    October 19, 2019, 03:22:27 pm
  • Oldiesmann: I guess on Saturday I'll go out and get my stuff out of the car, but I'm now back to searching for a car
    October 16, 2019, 10:04:54 pm
  • Oldiesmann: Heard from them this afternoon. The cost of repairs ended up being far more than they originally estimated and about $1200 more than what they say the car is worth (which is a little more than what I paid for it), so they're going to total it.
    October 16, 2019, 10:04:30 pm
  • so_P_bubble: Fingers crossed! I hope the final cost for repair will be lower than previously estimated!
    October 16, 2019, 01:17:17 pm
  • Oldiesmann: It was towed to the local body shop on Friday so I should know more this week about whether they want to repair it
    October 14, 2019, 12:50:22 am
  • Oldiesmann: I believe he meant "borderline" in terms of cost of repairs vs how much they think the car is actually worth
    October 14, 2019, 12:50:00 am
  • so_P_bubble: the yearly licence. Big loss. and I cannot do without a car.
    October 12, 2019, 04:59:02 am
  • so_P_bubble: Michael, that does not sound good, especially for your own security. Maybe you could sell as spare parts and find another bargain? A few months ago mine was stolen during the night and the security cams showed it fleeing toward the Palestinian territories - gone forever. I had just paid the yearly l
    October 12, 2019, 04:57:34 am
  • Oldiesmann: Bubble, the insurance company is having it taken to a local body shop to further inspect it. The appraiser did say it was "borderline" repairable though, despite otherwise being in good condition and having low miles (less than 76,000)
    October 07, 2019, 09:28:19 pm
  • brian: when  I   klik   FORUM  I just  get   soapbox
    October 07, 2019, 02:36:34 pm
  • brian: nobody   said    a  long   while--------------    never   answered  my  question
    October 07, 2019, 02:35:14 pm
  • so_P_bubble: Michael, so sorry about your accident. That was really bad luck but we are all glad that you didn't suffer any personal injury.  I hope you found a good repairman/garage to make it safe for driving again.
    October 07, 2019, 12:18:46 pm
  • so_P_bubble: Brian, what is your problem with how long it has been? There won't be a chat here for a very long while.  If you want to chat, please find some other place more compatible to your needs.  Most of our members much prefer the forum discussions which are perfect for our different time zones.
    October 07, 2019, 12:14:43 pm
  • brian: pooch    mind  yer own  business 
    October 07, 2019, 11:06:57 am
  • Pooch1: Why anyone would want to chat with you, brian, is beyond me.  Put a sock in it.
    October 06, 2019, 05:38:49 pm
  • brian: there   was no answer to the  question " how  long  has it been"?
    October 02, 2019, 11:11:47 am
  • Oldiesmann: brian: The answer about the chat isn't going to change anytime soon.
    October 01, 2019, 08:56:06 pm
  • brian: predictably    no answer to MY post  LOL!!! Still    sorry  bout  accident
    October 01, 2019, 01:18:18 pm
  • Amy: Glad you are ok...this may be a pain to fix but at least you are ok.
    September 30, 2019, 02:44:05 pm

Chia - May 1st 2018

Started by junee, May 01, 2018, 05:16:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

junee

To Chia’s many friends in here, I have to bring you the sad news that Chia passed away peacefully in her sleep last night, surrounded by her loved ones.  Junee

Marilyne

Oh Junee - I'm so sorry to hear that bad news.  Chia was a good cyber-friend of mine, for many years. This folder will never be the same without her.  May she rest in peace.

Vanilla-Jackie

I am very saddened by this news, how many more are we going to lose? Chia now makes our fourth member, and we are only four months into this year...Chia brought fun to our forum with her quizzes and kept our grey matter in working order...Chia will be another long-term and loyal member who will sadly be missed from our Seniors and Friends..

May you be in Peace Chia...

Jacqueline..
" bloom where you are planted "
~ Francis de Sales (1567-1622), the Bishop of Geneva
" new beginnings are often described as painful endings "
~ Lao Tzu

angelface555

May 01, 2018, 06:20:20 pm #3 Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 06:22:35 pm by angelface555
I can only add my agreement to what Marilyne and Jackie have posted. Thank you, Junee for keeping us informed. I'm sure Bubble will be moving this to Tranquil Cove so that others may add their thoughts.
A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality. -Desmond Tutu, clergyman (b. 7 Oct 1931)

Lindancer

I also add my thoughts of sadness, at losing another cyber friend.  Junee, thank you for keeping us informed,  Also My thoughts and prays go to her family.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

so_P_bubble

May 02, 2018, 02:50:10 am #5 Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:24:25 am by so_P_bubble
[attachimg=3]
Thanks Junee for this beautiful photo

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

so_P_bubble

May 02, 2018, 03:01:31 am #6 Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 03:14:50 am by so_P_bubble
Chia, dear friend, you are, you will be, much missed. Be Tsa-ar rav.
Bubble

Vanilla-Jackie

I am very saddened to hear that Chia's time is up, it has come to its final end...

THE SUN-DIAL AT WELLS COLLEGE

The shadow of my finger cast
Divides the future from the past:
Before it, sleeps the unborn hour
In darkness, and beyond thy power:
Behind its unreturning line,
The vanished hour, no longer thine:
One hour alone is in thy hands, -
The NOW on which the shadow stands.

~ Henry Van Dyke (1904)   
" bloom where you are planted "
~ Francis de Sales (1567-1622), the Bishop of Geneva
" new beginnings are often described as painful endings "
~ Lao Tzu

Radioman34

Chia, may your memory be a blessing

MarsGal

May you rest in peace, Chia. You are greatly missed.

Mary Ann

I am very sorry to hear of Chia's passing.  I did not participate in her quizes but I did recognize her name when she posted about them.  We're losing too many people, Chia is number four that I know of.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Chia - My dear music loving friend.  I miss you, and will always remember you.  Such a sense of humor . . . you made me laugh out loud when we talked on the phone.  I’ll never forget when you called to wish me a Merry Christmas, and you sang the entire Tom Lehrer song, "I’m Spending Hanukkah, in Santa Monica", into my answering machine.  I kept it until I finally had to get a new machine.  Here is one of your favorites that I would like to dedicate to you now:
“When You Come to the End of a Perfect Day” 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F391_23ysbU

junee

Marilyne. I so enjoyed your above  message I sent it ti Gail.   I have completed my move
To Aged Care and it will take some time to feel settled.  Hope my phone line will be on tomorrow and also have a “Geek” coming to make my internet useable.
Was a step up this afternoon to be able to get to this place,

Lindancer

Junee, I am so glad to see you are settled in a nice place.  I just wish I could find some thing I can  afford, at 94, I need to be  in a place where I do not have to worry about it a new roof. Out here on the end of the Island there is nothing, The two I know of I would have to be very rich,   They are not for some one living on SS.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

junee

Lindancer. I am feeling very fortunate at present.  This place is brand new and still filling up. My G/D found it for me and my son drives by each day, and my Dr will come here to see me so although I am waiting for my own phone to be connected and a boost to the internet, I am not complaining.  Time had come when my feet were wearing out and I qualified for Aged Care.
So much happened at the same time. Chia knew I was moving and knowing I was patriotic and had lost two flags in storms she sent me a small Australian flag for my desk which I was able to bring with me.  Wish you could find a place . .I miss her emails so much but feel fortunate to have known her.  Keep well, I need company on this journey.