Random Image

Babies

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:16:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Yarn, Needles and Crafts

Started by phyllis, March 30, 2016, 11:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanneP

I also have a afghan half finished. Maybe just 4 years for mine. It is the colour of the Bed Doll and I am wanting to send both to myGGD for her bedroom. Lavender and white are her colours. At least they were when she was about 4. Now 6 years later she maybe changing her colours. Will see
I was out today. Got all those books back to library. Did some card buy for Grads. one birthday. Got so hot that I had to just come home. Will go to drug store about 7 tonight. Be cooler
JeanneP

MarsGal

Good morning all!

It has been a long time since I picked up any knitting or crocheting, and even longer for needle work.

I thought of you all when I ran across some old pattern booklets in Project Gutenberg. In fact, I actually have some of them.

This one I am not sure I have, but I do have some of the patterns listed: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/62482

These two I have: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/62487 I made the curler carrier, the boots, and fuzzy wuzzy. I still have the curler carrier although I don't do curlers anymore.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/62486

MarsGal

I am not sure I would call hairpin lace "exciting" I do like a few of these patterns including the lovely baby set. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/62718

Anyone working on anything during this shutdown? I really need to get back to finishing a few projects. The cats, however, may have other ideas for my yarn.

so_P_bubble

I have a hairpin white blanket I started long ago  and abandoned, I don't know why.
 Maybe I should try to finish  it? At the time I thought it was fun and growing fast.

JeanneP

I was always one that could sit for hours either Crochet, Reading. Polishing things. etc. for some reason right now just can't stick to one thing. Lasts about 15 min. and up on my feet walking around the house again.This scorching weather not helping. Maybe had this pandemic happened in Winter would be easier. Hope it doesnt last till then.
JeanneP

alpiner1

Quote from: JeanneP on July 22, 2020, 12:57:59 PMI was always one that could sit for hours either Crochet, Reading. Polishing things. etc. for some reason right now just can't stick to one thing. Lasts about 15 min. and up on my feet walking around the house again.This scorching weather not helping. Maybe had this pandemic happened in Winter would be easier. Hope it doesnt last till then.

I have the same problem . I sit for a few minutes & get antsie & need to get up & walk through the house . I'm very unsettled . 

alpiner1

maryz

Nice, alpiner.  How much bigger are you planning to go?
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

alpiner1

Amy

alpiner, hope you post a photo when finished. This is going to be lovely with the variegated yarn!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

alpiner1

It is a self striping yarn .  It is now 52 inches long .  I asked our daughter if she could use another afghan & she said they use afghans a lot .  We are planning to visit her this summer so I'll take it along to give her .

Amy

WOW!! :thumbup:  The afghan is beautiful!! I must admit I can't imagine all the weight on your hands/arms when doing this but certainly well worth it!! Your daughter is  going to love this. Thank you for sharing the photo..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

alpiner1

The yarn is actually not heavy when made into the afghan .

alpiner1

I finished this afghan a few weeks ago for a high school friend I hope to visit next month . It is the same pattern as the afghan above it .

Amy

Alpiner, this one turned out just as beautiful as your other one....like the colours in both of them. Thank you for sharing.
Jimmy Dean

alpiner1

I just finished this one this morning .  I'm keeping it .

alpiner1

Same pattern , I finished it a few days ago .

Amy

Alpiner, another beautiful afghan!!
Jimmy Dean

Amy

Another one done..just need to make the binding.
Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

Amy

Bubble, thank you. This was fun to do dispite not having a proper pattern.
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

There all kinds of designs for quilts, aren't there?  I love this one, Amy.  Dramatic colors and what kid wouldn't like all the wild animals?  Where do you come up with your ideas?  And, I hope you are recording with photo and information everyone you make.

I miss doing handcrafts so much!  I was never a good quilter...not enough patience. I guess.  My mother made beautiful pieced quilts but always sent them out to be hand quilted by a local lady she knew or a church group who did the hand quilting for a source of income to the church.  I loved knitting and cross stitch and crocheting but don't do any of them now.  But, I still love looking at them (the ones I have left that Mother made and I made) and even using some of the things I have left.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Phyllis , the animals were cut from a panel and a dickens to get straight as they are rarely square. I had another pattern that I could use for a guide then used my measurements to put it together. I find quilting relaxing to do .

I crochet and cross stitch but since picking up quilting haven't done a lot of either.
The ones from your Mom are keepsakes and I am sure David will appreciate both yours and your Moms.
Jimmy Dean

Amy

Finally finished another, this is a queen size one and I did win the wrestling  match with it.....just. This photo was taken yesterday, today we have snow on the ground.
Jimmy Dean