Random Image

Tool Bag

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:22:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Pets

Started by so_P_bubble, July 28, 2018, 12:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

Mary Ann

I tell Kendrick he's a good boy, but he doesn't do any of those things.  Do you suppose it's because he's a cat and not a dog?

Cute as she is, who determined that Mina is the World's Smartest Dog?  The blurb said she was 31 weeks and that is about eight months old.  Pretty good!

Mary Ann

angelface555

I believe the owner gave that desination but cats are also easily trained, (especially with a clicker and/or treats).

Mary Ann

Kendrick does know a couple of things that I would not call tricks, but he knows when 10 pm comes because he comes to me in the computer room as if to tell me it's time to feed him (that's when I change his food and water).  He also knows when I put on a pair of dark glasses that we're going outside to the porch or the deck.  He recognizes when I open a drawer - any drawer - that he might get a bit of catnip.  He knows where the catnip is kept and it is amusing to see him on his hind feet, pawing at the drawer to try to open it. 

I'm not going to make a video of the above and I admit he's not as clever as the cute little Yorkie.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Leopards Marking Their Territory | The Lion Whisperer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edlklqdjsuI

Meet The Characters: Meg and Amy | The Lion Whisperer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDIouqWXEyE

so_P_bubble

That was fascinating!  Those lions can be so affectionate when they trust you.
I remember the story of a young child girl that was raised with a lion in Kenya. What a beautiful story that was. Became a book (the Lion) and then a film too.

angelface555

Mary Ann

That must be interesting, having several kittens trying to climb your legs.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Cats and dog playing;

"Always the same answer! "You Shall Not Pass, Dog!!!" Our guardian outdoor cats never let the neighbour's cute little dog enter our garden. She always gets chased off by our two fearless female cats. Enjoy the video!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRgBHNuV340

Mary Ann

Patricia, four cats against one poor dog!  That's not fair!  That is the funniest animal video I've seen in a long time.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Thanks, it looked like all were having fun in the video!

angelface555

The more different...the more the similarities;

Tiger mum grooms cub. Yorkshire Wildlife Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hgJjetM5EQ

so_P_bubble

They really are gluttons!

angelface555

Farrah is a dainty grass eater. My other cats were gluttons

20190704_084007a.jpg

Amy

I sent the turtle video to my friend, her daughter works at a turtle sanctuary repairing injured turtles.
Thank you for posting this.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

Mary Ann

Good Dog!

Patricia, how far along is FFJ's remodeling job?  When might we see the kitties again.  Or will we?

Mary Ann

angelface555

He's done with the kitchen and living room after building them up again after taking them down to the studs. In the foster room, all that's left is bringing down one overhang and replacing the central light fixture with a light with a fan.

"Someone told me yesterday that "Remodeling doesn't ever end. It's either stopped or not stopped."

This is a view of the closet area in the kitten room, fresh paint on the walls & ceiling.

Since the A/C got pushed off the list due to costs and being the least important of the remodeling tasks, I really want to replace the light in the kitten room for one with a light/fan combination. The problem is that the closet lip where doors once hung from is exactly 25 inches from the center of the light fixture hole. While there are 24" ceiling fans, they are small in number limiting selection and I don't like blades moving that close to a wall.

Edited to add: The lip also hinders hanging cabinets above the alcove for storage as it keeps the doors from opening fully.

So that lip has to come down. It doesn't have to be pretty but it does have to go. I thought about postponing it for now and doing it between a set of litters but really, it would never happen if it doesn't happen now.

I want this room done as much as you guys do."

68767929_2448978001815709_3017015586849816576_o.jpg

MarsGal

Thanks for the update on FFJ's never-ending project, Patricia.

Mary Ann

Thanks, Patricia, something to look forward to.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Lovely non-English video of a parrot and poodle puppies! Just the thing to brighten your day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oYh8ZxJXhY

Marilyne

Patricia - I loved it!  Absolutely incredible . . . a remarkable and beautiful video.  I think the folks on B&T would like to see it as well.

angelface555

"These 5 extremely hyperactive kittens are playing and running like crazy and the mother cat is being very patient with them.
The kittens are fighting each other in a very funny way and their mother is just waiting for them to get tired and settle down."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_nWGG_TFDM

Mary Ann

Such active cats and what a patient mother cat.

Mary Ann

Pooch1

I just want to tell everyone about my new pet.  She's an 8-yr-old basset hound mix with a deformed front leg.  (Apparently no one ever pointed that out to her so she manages quite well.)  She was in an over-crowded Indiana shelter on the Ohio River for several weeks and then moved to a shelter near me in northern Indiana.  I thank whomever initially raised her for lovingly caring for her and creating such a sweet and obedient furry child.  Of course, she had canine pneumonia and gastro-intestinal problems but she's worth the time and money spent.  :thumbup:

Mary Ann

Pooch, relatives of my relatives have/had a basset hound and she is a doll.  She would be 12-15 years old now and I haven't seen her for seven years so she may not be with us now.  When we would visit she would always walk with me.  Great dog.  Her owners used to live in the Rushville IN area but now live in Florida.

Mary Ann

RAMMEL

Pooch, --- Most pets are worth their weight in gold.  Good luck with yours  :nanadance:
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

so_P_bubble

Hello Pooch - long time to see!
Show us picture of your new pet. What is his/her name?

so_P_bubble

What a great idea: mermaid-dog-life-jacket.  You can get them from Amazon, of course!

mermaid-dog-life-jacket.jpg