Random Image

bash

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:38:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Pets

Started by so_P_bubble, July 28, 2018, 12:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

Pooch, welcome. And if you have an amenable basset you have the lovingest creature ever invented!
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

angelface555

One of my friends has two elderly bassets, Gabby and Gertie. They are very amenable to guests who bring treats!

angelface555

"Meet Angela, a gorgeous little panther from the Peanuts colony who will give birth for the last time any day now.  Join the #KitttenWatch at http://tinykittens.com/live
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bODt3Bpmd30

angelface555

Mary Ann

I can't say the cat looked like Kendrick, but I saw many of those actions in Kendrick. 

Thanks.

Mary Ann

so_P_bubble

1000-727-catquotesOK[3].jpg

I thought you might enjoy this

Mary Ann

Bubble, I love it!

Mary Ann

angelface555

Mary Ann

I notice Cole is larger than Marmalade and I wonder how Marmalade would compare with Kendrick.  Kendrick is a BIG cat!

Mary Ann

angelface555

"Kitten Room update
That closet lip turned out to be a bit of a pain but it's out. It had three layers of 2x4's at the top and I decided to leave the last one in place and stain it to match the ceiling beam in the living room. The drywall will be sanded this afternoon. All that's left in that corner is to paint, put in the hanging cabinets, & to finish finishing the pine bench.

I'll be flying to New York for a week the first week of October - that means I will be officially able to foster again October 11th!"

69949181_2476337295746446_8640080517024186368_o.jpg

Mary Ann

Patricia, that's good to hear.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

HOORAY!  I've missed The Kitten Room . . . looking forward to having it back again!

MarsGal

Patricia,thanks for posting the Cole and Marmalade/Jackson Galaxy video. I hadn't seen it yet. I guess this means we can expect some more videos on Spay/Neuter.

Looking forward to seeing the return of The Critter Room.

Progress with Lucy and her hyperthyroid is spotty. Some days she does not want to eat the wet food, or much of it. That means she doesn't get any or much of her meds. She was into the vets last week with what turned out to be a fever/respiratory infection. She got an antibiotic shot and another dose of appetite stimulant. Caught it early.

angelface555

MarsGal, thanks for the update on Lucy. I know it's worrisome ane we can't force them to take their meds or get better, so we feel at times helpless.

Marilyn

I haven't been here in quite a while. My dog Freckles is doing well , she's 11 and  now, and  has her official Service Dog collar. I still take her on visits to the various facilities for her to give some love therapy to the residents. She loves  that part of her job. At home she is never far from me ready in case she is needed. I've taught her a new thing if I say eyes and point to my eyes she immediately looks  right into my eyes and waits for me to  signal  what she is to do. (Hand signals)Next I will no longer speak just point to my eyes. She is so smart., that's what I love about Australian Cattle dogs (Heelers)_.

MarsGal

I like guinea pigs, but haven't had any since the 80's. This might just make a fine substitute since my three cats are about all I can handle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJE5boOHfrg

angelface555

"Welcome to Kitten O'Clock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yVsE5NmN1Q

Candy and her five kittens
UPDATE: Sept 13, 2019
Mama Candy went into labor in the afternoon, and had 5 gorgeous kittens!

1/ Black and white tuxie (possibly some ginger?) @16:35 108g (unsure m/f)
2/ Tabby tuxie @16:48 107g (male)
3/ Calico mini me! @17:23  102g (female)
4/ Ginger and white @ 17:50 107g (male)
5/ Ginger @ 18:17 91g (male)"

angelface555

From FDJ and the Critter Room;

"With great pleasure, I present to you the new & improved Kitten Room."

70755194_2519536691426506_2589517859583426560_o.jpg

angelface555

angelface555

Mary Ann

The room looks so sterile without the cat toys and cats.  Bring on the kitties!

I recently bought Kendrick a toy that he ignored instantly.  I took it to Indy with me for the kittens there and they loved it.  I also took a couple of rings from milk jugs and they had fun with those.  Of course, the kittens are about four months old and Kendrick is six years old.  I asked for adult cat toys but I think all cat toys are for kittens, not older cats.  I won't buy more.  Incidentally, the kittens' favorite toy when I was there was a crumpled up piece of light cardboard.  Figures!

Mary Ann

angelface555

Just like human babies preferring the gift wrap over the toys! Farrah no longer plays with toys either, unfortunately.

I remember watching an adoption event video where one of the adopters couldn't get over how large FDJ was in person. He's over six feet. He said it's because he's rarely standing, always down at cat/kitten level when he interacts with the cats in the room in videos.

Its all a matter of perspective. He and Sarah, his girlfriend and operator of another cat video rescue site, have spent time traveling the state in between renovations and posting photos on Facebook.

Marilyne

Patricia - I'm looking forward to watching FDJ's next litter of kittens.  It will probably be soon, as I think early Spring and early Fall are the seasons when most kittens are born??  I also saw FDJ a number of times on other videos, dealing with fund raising, rescue sites, etc, . . .  and I noticed that he is a big, tall man, and quite good looking!

angelface555

And Sarah, his girlfriend is at least a foot shorter. What is it with tall men and short women? My father was 6'4," and my mother was barely 5'.

He is a computer programmer for IBM which allows him to work at home most days as is his son. He's also an avid photographer and posts his videos and photos on his separate Facebook page.

I miss seeing all the kittens, it's been a long eight months!

Mary Ann

I'm lucky as I did get to see two kittens in indy over the weekend. They are so cute and it was nothing to look at my computer at the side and see these tiny faces peering up at me maybe one on either side.  They're still quite tiny, not yet four months old. 

Mary Ann

angelface555

They sound adorable! I wanted a kitten after Sarah, but when they contacted me so quickly about Farrah, I couldn't say no!

angelface555

FDJ and Sarah Dwyer just got engaged. Since they both have foster setups and Youtube videos, I wonder if and how they'll  consolidate them?

71882396_10157266433335590_2882534504340127744_o.jpg

Mary Ann

Congratulations to FDJ and Sarah.  It will be interesting to see how they solve the problem of two fosters.  Maybe we'll see both on the computer screen now.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Happy to see that good news!  We know they're a couple with a lot in common!  :thumbup: