collapse

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Random Image

Fiddleheads

Views: 430
By: Beverly

Shoutbox

• Oldiesmann: There was a chat room here but the software stopped working and I haven't gotten a chance to find a good alternative
    Yesterday at 07:09:11 pm
  • alpiner1: Was there ever a chat room here ?
    Yesterday at 05:05:30 pm
  • brian: can  no longer  deal with this room not  at all user  friendly   ad no excuse  for  no chat  option
    Yesterday at 01:29:07 pm
  • brian: i liked thid room    but no longer   seem to be able to make it  work-------    theres also no reason why  theres no longer a  chat here
    Yesterday at 01:27:02 pm
  • alpiner1: In this box the print is darker than in the forum .
    December 15, 2018, 10:56:51 pm
  • Oldiesmann: The font shouldn't be any smaller or lighter than it used to be.
    December 15, 2018, 03:01:55 am
  • mycheal: Not too user friendly :)
    December 13, 2018, 08:06:57 pm
  • alpiner1: I have managed to find my way around on this forum but the print is lighter & difficult for old eyes to see .
    December 13, 2018, 07:10:14 pm
  • alpiner1: I have managed to find my way around this forum .  Its not much different , just smaller lighter print  . A bit difficult for old eyes ro see
    December 13, 2018, 07:08:43 pm
  • brian: sad sack room     used to be good
    December 13, 2018, 03:11:41 pm
  • joyous: Hi Girls. Cold weather has arrived.  I still have not conquered the new  Seniors and Friends.  Wonder if I will ever ?????
    December 12, 2018, 04:39:05 pm
  • joyous: Very bad weather expected here today---Joy
    December 08, 2018, 10:31:52 am
  • joyous: Two other "old ladies" and I were treated to lunch yesterday at an old house that has been made into a very nice home run by a
    December 06, 2018, 11:20:37 am
  • joyous: i
    December 06, 2018, 11:18:10 am
  • angelface555: Lucian, to start a new thread you need to leave a message with Bubble, an administrator.
    December 05, 2018, 06:05:14 pm
  • joyous: It is 34 this morning ---a bit nippy.  High of 56 predicted..  Joy
    December 05, 2018, 08:50:50 am
  • Lucian Hodoboc: Does anyone have any idea how I can start new threads? There's no New Thread button anywhere.
    December 05, 2018, 03:33:18 am
  • joyous: Be good-Santa is watching
    December 03, 2018, 03:53:02 pm
  • joyous: Here we are about to see SantaClause.  I guess everyone is making preparations.  Have fun! Be good!JOY
    December 03, 2018, 03:41:16 pm
  • joyous: I was cut off in my message, but just wanted to wish everyone a happy weather day.  Joy
    December 02, 2018, 01:48:35 pm

Pets

Started by so_P_bubble, July 28, 2018, 12:53:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

On a brighter note, the foster family was out today for their snips, due back around five, Western Washington time and then everyone's adoption is scheduled for December first.
Trumper, noun: One who sells things of questionable value in an aggressive or dishonest manner.<br />verb tr.: To sell something of questionable value aggressively or dishonesty.<br />verb intr.: To haggle.

so_P_bubble

That would be a Christmas present in some families

Marilyne

That's my daughter Sandy . . . I don't have a sister! LOL!  Anyway, Thank you Patricia. :)  I've been struggling to post this photo all morning, and finally asked Patricia for help.

Anyway the story behind the photo, is that Sandy was visiting a friend this  weekend, who had just adopted this Labrador retriever puppy. She posted the picture on Facebook, and I dragged it onto my desktop.  We thought it was funny, because Sandy is wearing a black jacket, so the puppy blends right in and is almost undetectable!  We called the picture, "Where's Waldo"!

angelface555

November 26, 2018, 01:15:51 pm Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 01:17:35 pm by angelface555 #243
A photo of Marilyne's daughter, ( not sister, sorry!); and a puppy.
Trumper, noun: One who sells things of questionable value in an aggressive or dishonest manner.<br />verb tr.: To sell something of questionable value aggressively or dishonesty.<br />verb intr.: To haggle.

angelface555

Marilyne, Sandy and the "Where's Waldo?" puppy photo is my first photo post with the new regime. I don't know why I was thinking sister, but I'm glad to have actually, (almost!); figured out how to post!

Marilyne

Thank you Patricia! It looks a little blurry, but better than nothing!  I hope that we can soon post photos directly from our desktop, as Michael indicated that we could?

angelface555

November 26, 2018, 01:36:20 pm Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 01:41:04 pm by angelface555 #246
Sorry, its blurry because I had to enlarge it from a thumbnail to post. You could use the desktop or a folder, but you probably need a photo app for processing. There are some out there from free to expensive but other than simple cosmetics there needs to be re-size and compressing and that has been my issue with this new style!

Mary Ann

Thanks, Patricia, for revising, resizing, etc, Marilyn's picture.  The first posting, even when I clicked on it and enlarged it slightly, was too small.  I did not know what kind of dog it was, let alone color, and with Sandy's blond hair, I could not see the dog at all. 

Now I know, it's a cute little pup because I can see it.

Mary Ann

angelface555

The fosters are going up for adoption now that they've all got their snips!  "Adoption Apps are being accepted!

To submit an application, download the Pre-Adoption Questionnaire ( click: https://goo.gl/g6qHf8 ) to your computer and open it from there, this will let you edit the document. Then type up a letter to go with it to let us know more about you & your home such as other pets & people. List which kittens you're interested in and others in the order you'd like - if you put down one kitten but you wouldn't mind others, put them too in case your primary choice is taken. When done, email them to susanb@purrfectpals.org

The adoption event will be at the Sammamish PetCo at 10 am on Saturday, December 1st.

Please do not hesitate in submitting your application & letter. I can't stress this enough. Matches start getting made as the apps are received with final choices made after the deadline on Friday at Noon.

Any who do not have a pre-adopt by the deadline will be available on a first come-first served basis at the adoption event.

Apps are accepted from residences in Washington State only. This is because once a Purrfect Pals cat, always a Purrfect Pals cat. If a PP cat shows up at a shelter anywhere, a PP volunteer will go get them and bring them back. This restriction is to help limit the distance needed to be traveled by the cat & volunteer. If you are not in Washington State, please look into adopting a foster kitten from your area to support rescues in your area."   

angelface555

Tomorrow at 11 AM, all four fosters will be at the adoption site. Niffler, the tabby male and Occamy, the female Lilac mix Siamese have been preadopted. Mom Seraphina and Billywig, the male Lilac mix kitten will be first come first served.

Then they will start over again, awaiting the next foster or group of fosters.

angelface555

Now that everyone has been adopted, here is a wrapup for the Fantasical Kittens;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA-MooGE5HI

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

Marilyne

Patricia - Isn't that a wonderful story about the Camp Fire dog!  It's been on our local TV news broadcasts the past couple of days, and I never get tired of watching that beautiful dog, standing guard at the burned out ruins of his former home.  The news story shows his owner the woman (property owner) and her daughter, driving up and greeting that dear dog.  It brings tears to my eyes every time I see it.

angelface555

I agree! Animals don't give up on us, we often give up on them!

angelface555

10 weird cat behaviors

https://www.thesprucepets.com/weird-cat-behaviors-explained-553972?utm_campaign=petsl&utm_medium=email&utm_source=cn_nl&utm_content=15404846&utm_term=petsbanner

It's generalized but it does have a few answers. For example, it says a cat likes you if it presents it's butt to you with tail up. A more realistic answer is cats are driven by scents and the cat is saying I don't mind you if you check to see how I am. A form of hello for cats.