January 23, 2019, 06:38:26 am

News:

WELCOME HOME TO S&F!!
We're glad you found us and now we hope all of our members will do the same--find us!  Please pass the word around by email, Facebook, etc.
Re-register and then go to INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

collapse

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Random Image

carshowtruck.jpg

Views: 495
By: Jeanne Lee

Shoutbox

• Oldiesmann: Security certificate issue has been fixed. Apologies for the problems - it's supposed to automatically renew them 30 days in advance but apparently that didn't happen.
    Today at 12:38:05 am
  • so_P_bubble: I do collect frogs for years.  They are fun
    Yesterday at 12:11:09 pm
  • so_P_bubble: I used to search for cloisonne frogs!
    January 20, 2019, 02:34:53 am
  • so_P_bubble: Pooch, where you the one collecting gnomes and elves?
    January 19, 2019, 02:21:26 am
  • Pooch1: We've heard enough from you, Brian.  Get a life.  Go to some other place with a chat room that will allow you in.
    January 17, 2019, 06:13:46 pm
  • brian: said it before  say it again--------   sad  sack room
    January 15, 2019, 01:11:46 pm
  • Judianna: Can never find anyone around...:(
    January 11, 2019, 06:52:39 pm
  • joyous: As you may or may not know Louisiana is not fond of Saban since he left LSU to go to Alabama. I t was time for him to come down from his lofty perch.  Louisiana loved the game! JOY
    January 11, 2019, 06:42:09 pm
  • joyous: As you may or may NOT know Louisiana is NOT fond of
    January 11, 2019, 06:38:50 pm
  • joyous: Good Morning Friends.  Still do not know how to figure out new change.
    January 11, 2019, 10:06:54 am
  • mycheal: Judianna enjoy
    January 07, 2019, 08:18:47 pm
  • Judianna: Hello, used to come around and play the games long time ago...got married...now widowed and I'm back for some company and fun times with you....:)
    January 07, 2019, 07:22:04 pm
  • joyous: Summer has come back (ha) it is again hot .  Temp flucuatates from hot to cold (mostly hot).  That is what you get down South.
    January 07, 2019, 03:58:11 pm
  • brian: happy new year  all  non participants
    December 31, 2018, 04:18:20 pm
  • Delphineaz: In 1996 I joined the seniornet chatroom.  Now 22 yrs later I am still hearing from many on Facebook.  My extended family....
    December 26, 2018, 08:27:31 pm
  • brian: hello all
    December 26, 2018, 02:51:17 pm
  • brian: hello  alll
    December 26, 2018, 02:50:43 pm
  • alpiner1: Merry Christmas !!
    December 24, 2018, 10:41:58 pm
  • Oldiesmann: Merry Christmas everyone :)
    December 24, 2018, 07:34:03 pm
  • joyous: Very cold  here --36 degrees- which is COLD for Baton Rouge
    December 22, 2018, 09:05:51 am

Pets

Started by so_P_bubble, July 28, 2018, 12:53:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

Update on the kittens at 15 weeks;

"Back from the vet, vaccinated, examined, and with an updated schedule. Snips will be the 29th, with adoption the 2nd (adoption location not yet announced). The lump on mama's neck is a small wound which was not there on intake, so it's not that old. It looks like one of the kittens nicked her with a claw while wrestling, and it got infected. She was given a long-acting antibiotic shot and will go for a recheck on the 17th. They all got their claws trimmed, so they may not stick to the towers as easily for a day or two."

The dates were pushed back due to last processing of the URIs and some younger kittens needing help first.
Will Rogers said, "Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.

angelface555

MarsGal

For the bunny lovers, a clip from the PA State Farm Show of the 2nd Annual Celebrity Rabbit Hopping Contest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&v=aLlZxhEohAY

Mary Ann

MarsGal, the winner has a sense of humor - or a good mentor!

Mary Ann

angelface555

I enjoyed the bunny video. I've never seen a hopping contest! The winner was very self-assured.

Of course, I had to watch the next one about the farm cat who thought he was a chicken. I found it odd that they didn't neuter the males as they spayed the females. Jack is acting normally for an unneutered male.

Their social life is the same as wild horses or walrus and some other big cats in a social setting. Usually, it is one dominant male and a group of females. The young males would be driven off at about two years.

angelface555

January 12, 2019, 08:00:25 pm Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:03:13 pm by angelface555 #305
John, FDJ; in a video from five years ago, talks about how he got started fostering with Purrfect Pals and what's involved.

http://www.iceyoutube.com/watch?v=5LIXFAlBwB8

And with Sarah at the Shelter Gala;

http://www.iceyoutube.com/watch?v=PALTVBYGyQs

angelface555

He's a Troublemaker! A 3.5 week old Bengal kitten with Mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv6H8pLGafg

Marilyne

Patricia - I watched the first two video's, featuring FDJ.  He certainly is a pleasant and well spoken man, as I expected that he would be. I'm in awe of people who devote most of their time to the welfare of helpless animals. He is one of the "good guys", for sure.

Mary Ann

Kendrick is only part Bengal and we didn't have him at that age.  I loved the markings on those cats, beautiful! 

Mary Ann

angelface555

Here are some different kittens Bengal patterns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Dhj0mtz7g

Mary Ann

January 13, 2019, 09:20:26 pm Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:24:03 pm by Mary Ann #310
Patricia, Kendrick doesn't have the circles of the Bengal cat, but he has stripes on his legs and his head looks like a Bengal, only with faint stripes.  Those kittens are so cute.  How can anyone resist a kitten!

Annie came tonight to have supper with us and supper was a ham and pineapple pizza.  Her birthday is Wednesday and she'll be 23!  Hardly seems possible.  She also cut my toenails and the two of us made my bed.  She intended to vacuum, but the other two were more important to me so she did those chores. 

Tom picked her up to come here and is taking her home so that gives them some one-on-one time.

Mary Ann