Random Image

First Hike

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:51:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe ~ March 29

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Hi Chia, at long last!  I was getting out of ideas on how to pull you in :)
I am so glad you made it.  You were missed.

Kelly

Hi Jenny
Perhaps it might be Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Dorset, Devon and Cornwall.  All in the South  West of England.

Kelly

Kelly

Hi Chia
Lovely to see your post.

Kelly

JoanFL

June--I am sorry you are having so much trouble getting your avatar in your profile.

Jenny--I guess the dust created by the site being rebuilt has seeped into our homes--so no demerits.:)

Bubble--Oh no, a water leak and you have to wait for help.

Hi MaryTX.

Amy--That was quite the trip you ladies had with the roads being partly washed out.

Chia--Glad you managed to get registered and post.

Hi Phyllis.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Kelly

Hi Joan
I was dusting last night and carpet sweeping with my modified (for me) one this morning.

How many demerits? :)

Kelly

Lloyd Hammond

Wow you all have been busy today.
My buddy came got his skid steer, so I got some r&r time.
I sure hope sp ck starts working.

Lloyd

Kelly

Hi Lloyd
Most  days busy here!

Kelly

Joy

June,  Maybe this will help  you with getting your picture as your avatar.  This is how I did it.

Across the top of the page, you will see  HOME  FORUM  HELP SEARCH PROFILE

Click on PROFILE

Under the heading "SHOUTOUT BOX"  you will see

PROFILE INFO ---MODIFY PROFILE

Click on MODIFY PROFILE

You will see  ACCT. SETTINGS  FORUM PROFILE

Click on FORUM PROFILE

You will see PERSONAL PICTURE

Under that heading you will see

NO AVATAR
CHOOSE AVATAR FROM GALLERY
SPECIFY AVATAR FROM URL
UPLOAD AN AVATAR

Just pick the one you want and click on the little circle in front .   Then, be sure to scroll all the way down the page until you see CHANGE PROFILE box in the lower right hand corner and click on that.   You have to do that to get it to show up.

I don't have any pictures in the gallery, but I just clicked where it said UPLOAD AN AVATAR and I choose one from my PICTURE FILE in my computer.

I tried to explain this the best I could and hope you can follow it  without any problem.  If that doesn't work, then I am sure someone else will be around to help you.

Joy

BIG BOX

Kelly

Jaywalker

:thumbup: Joy, that pretty much explains it perfectly! 
Jane, on Oregon's south coast
Click for Coos_Bay, Oregon Forecast

Jeanne Lee

June, right under your photo in the gallery were choices for [UnApprove] [Edit] [Delete].  I clicked on Delete, a screen asked if I was sure and I clicked Delete again, and it was gone.  That's all you would need to do if you make a mistake in the future.   :thumbup:

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Mary Ann

In Norm's B&T someone mentioned ice cream and it made me realize we haven't heard from Molly in this folder.  I hope she has not had trouble getting re-registered.

Mary Ann

JoanFL

Kelly--No demerits.

Lloyd--Perhaps you should mention the Spell Check issue to the Webmaster.

Joy--It's nice of you to help June.

Hi Jeanne Lee.

Mary Ann--You are right.  We haven't heard from Molly.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JaneS

Joy, does all that work if I don't have a picture of me on my computer?  I don't think so.  I'm here alone, with no one to take a picture and whenever we are in a group, everyone else is taking pictures and if I'm in any of them, they are not on my computer.  So I guess all the instructions in the world won't help me.  You really need to have a picture to begin with.

Gotta go feed the doggies and get myself some supper.  See ya later alligator!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

MaryTX

Jane, have one of your kids take a picture of you with their camera and/or smartphone and email it to you.  You can download it to your computer and go from there. 

I tried taking a "selfie" but my arms aren't long enough to get it right :).  I'm camera shy and hate having my picture taken anyway.  I think the last picture I had taken was last May when you and Courtney came down and we had lunch.

I will have to get Cathie to take one.

Mary

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

Joy

Jane,  there is a line that says  CHOOSE AVATAR FROM GALLERY   or  UPLOAD AN ADVATAR .    I was able to browse my pictures in my picture file and could upload a picture from there.   If you don't have a place where you can store your photos, then, I don't know what else to do. I think someone, maybe it was Oldiesman, who wrote that you can't add pictures from Photobucket.   I didn't even try that.  I don't have any pictures in the gallery. Never did  .

You don't have a place where you have pictures stored? 

I am sorry that I can't offer any other help.   There must be some other way to do it.

I just lucked out finding this out, because I am not that "computer savy">  LOL

Joy

BIG BOX

Sandy

I have had good luck with
standing in front of a mirror, 
with good light,
and snapping a digital picture
that can be downloaded to my
computer then up loaded directly
into my SeniorNet profile.

When snapping the picture I aim
the camera at the mirror, but hold
the camera down so the picture
doesn't include the camera.     
A head shot can easily be cropped
out of these pictures taken by me
looking in the mirror.   

Sometimes I have to take quite a
few to get   a shot that is good for
cropping and displaying.   

After practicing a while,  it gets very
easy.  And some of them are even
complementary ..      (giggle)

Sandy
:crazy2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Kelly

Hi Joan
No Demerits!

Great!!

Kelly

JaneS

Joy, I have lots of pictures on my computer.  Unfortunately, none of them are of me.  I really think I have to have a picture of me.

Sandy, I've never been accused of taking GOOD pictures and what you are suggesting in the mirror horrifies me.  The only mirror that has good light is in the bathroom and I'm not good at editing.  If it isn't good to begin with, I'm a total dunce. 

I guess you'll all just have to imagine how I look.  Of course, I have a daughter and a granddaughter who can do anything so if you can hold your breath until I go to Texas in May, they might be able to help me get a picture on this contraption.  That's if I remember to ask them!

Joy

Jane,  you should try doing a "selfie".   You might surprise yourself.   :)   

Didn't you have a picture under your name on the old S & F site?  I think I remember seeing a picture of you.   You had posted some pictures of you and your daughters at one of the grandchildren's wedding, I think.    You will eventually get one.

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

joy
same with me I know just enough to stay in trouble. has always been that way with me.but is worse now after my accdents in 0.14 . I usted watch someone do somengting and repat it later usualyas good as they do,but not any more. My meomry is not good anymore.

Lloyd

Bis how do i tell moderator?

Lloyd

June Drabek

Joy and Jeanne, thank you for your help, I will do my best to follow instructions. Jeanne, I so appreciate your efforts to correct my errors.  Right now, my mind is weird. I have been up since four o'clock this morning. I need to sleep.

Janie, I love my iMac. It has a photo booth where I can take a picture and put it on my desktop, or send it via email…at least I could before unless I have fouled it up.

Another problem. I am getting dozens of emails from Mail Delivery subsystem…whatever that is with all kinds of strange addresses, saying delivery system failed. I haven't the slightest idea what that is all about. I have emailed samples to my son, hopefully he will have a solution.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

June D
Good evening. I want to appoliage for any un easines i coused the other day when I emailed you back wit reply.do not know what idid not do corectly but I got severial emails. I am sure I am still on a learning curve. most things I can fiend again and do i did before the sight went down. I am glad we are back up and running, I thank everyone for all the hard work it to get it up and running again.

Lloyd

Jeanne Lee

June, those are probably email letters that you sent but that could not be delivered for some reason.

Lloyd, a Moderator has blue squares under his/her name.  Admins have red squares.  To contact one you can click on the little envelope and send an email. 

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

RAMMEL

Quote from: June Drabek on April 01, 2016, 08:57:14 PM

Another problem. I am getting dozens of emails from Mail Delivery subsystem…whatever that is with all kinds of strange addresses, saying delivery system failed. I haven't the slightest idea what that is all about. I have emailed samples to my son, hopefully he will have a solution.
June,
Often when you send mail and there is something wrong with the address, or the recipient's mail box is full, the mail system sends a failure notice back to the originator, often several times. I suspect this is what happened to you.

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

JaneS

They took INSP off my dish package.  If I want it back I have to buy another package.  No more JAG.  I think I'll go into withdrawal. 

Joy, I can't take a selfie.  I end up looking like Jabba the Hutt on the Star Wars movies.

And now...Good Night Everyfriend!  My day is over and I'm off to Dreamland.  I wish you all a peaceful night and that you wake to a happy tomorrow.  Sleep in if you can!  It's really going to be hard to go back to work!

Sun

All I can say is:  I got my foot in the door.  I did cheat.....skipped over msgs. and hit reply. 

Now, I'll have to go back and read everything.  Had a hard time getting in.     Will take a while to get back in the swing of things. 

Sun

Pat

So happy to see you, Sun!!!  I was happy to be able to help you.

Now, make yourself right at home!!!

"Click for Waterloo Wellington, Ontario Forecast"

so_P_bubble

Hey Sun, good to see you :)

Jane, do you have a web camera for Skype maybe? You can take a self picture with that.

Lloyd Hammond

Jeanne Lee
Thanks you are a sweetheart. I owe you so much already I don't know if I can ever repay you and others.
I am sure glad the one's that worked so here to do it did. Great to be abel to po post and read and share
again.

Lloyd